• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FL Social Thread:You Mad, You Lose.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Yo the SFL brawl scene is ****in DEAD.

People who may think they caused this but really didnt:
DC (sorry sir)
Tommy G (didnt show up to a tournament a few times)

People who really caused this:
Esam (no longer hosting tourneys)
Seibrik (no longer hosting tourneys)
Nicholas Riddle (no longer hosting tourneys)

Possible solutions for reviving the scene:
Host tournaments at ZP.
Seibrik is planning on hosting a brawl tourney or it was a smashfest at ZP I think he said.

AfroQT

Smash Master
My **** killed the scene.

Nah but if you guys actually ****ing practiced I would been a good player in brawl and hosted tournaments. But now your ****ty game is dead.

:phone:
You wouldn't of hosted tournaments lol are you serious.

@Taylor:
If you want the scene back you should stop waiting for someone else to host a tournament.

GreenAce

Smash Ace
Jebaily dropped that because you smash**** didn't come through. It was a ****ing NATIONAL and only like 30 people entered. The game was a waste of space.

Shutouts to d-torr and cfl for trying to make it legit. And Matt keep that **** the dl don't expose me lol.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Jebaily dropped that because you smash**** didn't come through. It was a ****ing NATIONAL and only like 30 people entered. The game was a waste of space.

Shutouts to d-torr and cfl for trying to make it legit. And Matt keep that **** the dl don't expose me lol.

Greenace were talking about Megacon not CEO...

Two-Ell

Smash Master
also GrAce it was more the fault of the Smashboards than us that attendance suffered. They waited months after Jebailey's request to give him a sticky. By then there was no possibility of OoS attendance(which is what Jebailey wanted).

:rosalina:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Greenace were talking about Megacon not CEO...
LOL.

Well in case if feel like doing this, the ruleset should stay the same as apex's.
Entry is 10 bucks and No door fees, since you'll be paying for tickets at megacon.

Someone should help me out though if this should really happen.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i dunno what the rules are, just that its a tourney. megacon generally sucks anyway i probably wont go like i havnt the past few years

grace what did you think of that CEO hotel idea

B_AWAL

Smash Master
You wouldn't of hosted tournaments lol are you serious.

@Taylor:
If you want the scene back you should stop waiting for someone else to host a tournament.

:sonic:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I think I'm getting buried in the mountain of your salt and hate.
lol whys that?

sorry bro, I've been going to anime conventions since i was 17, which is 8 years now. I've been to enough to know which ones overall suck

Almost every single anime con thats NOT in a hotel sucks, only because the best part about a convention is the ease of transition from the convention itself to hanging with people at a hotel room or nearby pool. Hotel cons have an auto leg up

Some convention cons can still do it well, but Megacon isnt one of them. They include the game room inside the store, so when the store (Which is the only reason to go, since its so ****ing huge) closes, so does the game room. coupled with the fact that they generally have bad-no actual good event/panels, leads into a boring stay

EArly on Metrocon was amazing. I remember it was in a hotel back when i was 17 (actually my first con). Its in a convention center now, but even now its decent cause the events are decent.

Thats why the only convention I regularly go to now is DragonCon, which is like a hotel convention (good), and it includes other sci fi/technology stuff (great) but spread across 5 hotels in downtown atlanta (pretty smart), has game rooms for board/card/videogames all separate, and separate from the store room (pretty ****ing smart) and its 4 days instead of 3 (****ING GENIUS)

Xaltis

Smash Hero
lol whys that?

sorry bro, I've been going to anime conventions since i was 17, which is 8 years now. I've been to enough to know which ones overall suck

Almost every single anime con thats NOT in a hotel sucks, only because the best part about a convention is the ease of transition from the convention itself to hanging with people at a hotel room or nearby pool. Hotel cons have an auto leg up

Some convention cons can still do it well, but Megacon isnt one of them. They include the game room inside the store, so when the store (Which is the only reason to go, since its so ****ing huge) closes, so does the game room. coupled with the fact that they generally have bad-no actual good event/panels, leads into a boring stay

EArly on Metrocon was amazing. I remember it was in a hotel back when i was 17 (actually my first con). Its in a convention center now, but even now its decent cause the events are decent.

Thats why the only convention I regularly go to now is DragonCon, which is like a hotel convention (good), and it includes other sci fi/technology stuff (great) but spread across 5 hotels in downtown atlanta (pretty smart), has game rooms for board/card/videogames all separate, and separate from the store room (pretty ****ing smart) and its 4 days instead of 3 (****ING GENIUS)
Your really complaining about traveling mr travel agent?

Just enjoy the con and have fun lol

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Your really complaining about traveling mr travel agent?

Just enjoy the con and have fun lol
the fact that the convention isnt attached to the hotel is a big drawback in any shenanigans being planned that dont involve people you already know. just sayin :laugh:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
If it has anime
WE IN THERE

(we as in they)
Not only anime, sexy cosplay.

====

Movie theaterrrrrrrr.

[COLLAPSE="Moooovie."]

CHRONICLE @ 7:45pm

Premiere Cinema 14 at Fashion Square Mall 3201 E. Colonial Drive Orlando, FL 32803

BE THER. (if possible.)[/COLLAPSE]

OverLade

Smash Hero
Yo the SFL brawl scene is ****in DEAD.

People who may think they caused this but really didnt:
DC (sorry sir)
Tommy G (didnt show up to a tournament a few times)

People who really caused this:
Esam (no longer hosting tourneys)
Seibrik (no longer hosting tourneys)
Nicholas Riddle (no longer hosting tourneys)

Possible solutions for reviving the scene:
Host tournaments at ZP.
Brawl is dead in FL. Everyone is lazy and nobody is willing to make the sacrifices to keep the scene alive. The Smash community is used to being spoonfed and catered to. NLL is definitely gonna be my last Smash tourney outside Tampa.

And Jebailey ACTUALLY TRIED to make CEO go down for Smash. Nobody cared, only 2 ranked players showed up. On the other hand, Tokido and people came from Japan for 2D Fighters. It's like having Apex for Brawl and Marvel only has 20 entrants (Marvel at Apex had like 90 entrants though).

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
youre coming to NLL lade? as in the one in February?

If so, you should finally team with me before you quit for good

Also, I wonder if anyone is gonna come with me to tampa never sleeps

Also also, I might need housing (or a place to sleep) between Tampa never sleeps and the sunday sore thumbs tourney

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
So the CFL still lives? Get the hell over here already.

We got a good amount of tournaments in here.

I might have to make a tournament too. Because I think I'm better doing one than actually beating some opponent, lol.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
The problems that we dont ****ing travel or communicate anymore...

if NEW ppl go to a tournament and see ppl from out of town come through they are gonna wanna come back.

I've tried on countless occasions to set up at least a FL smash league with you guys but no1 says ****.

and most of the ppl who make comments like "PPL ARE 2 LAZY" are the 1's that dont just host a ****ING tournament themselves.

I hate hypocrites n I hate *****es... SRSLY... b the change you wish to see

:sonic:

SN: CFL hogs all the good dates for tournies btw... 2 tourneys in a month and planning on the same day as other tourneys

GTFOH and ppl WONDER WHY no1 wants to travel anymore. Instead of working together you guys are the main one's double booking events and ****... man your ****ing kidding me!!! lol

Top Bottom