• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FL Social Thread:You Mad, You Lose.

8Bitman

Smash Master
Vinyl, you are the one who posted the video. I watched it, then read the comments and got mad.

***** tit...

**Havok**

Smash Lord
You know he was only doing good for like...2 minutes, right? Then after that, his terrible, terrible decisions cost him the lead many times. For some reason Havok continued to approach once he gained the lead. If he kept up what he was doing for those 2 minutes I'd say I agree with you, but he did waaaay too many slip-ups to be considered well-done.
I don't think this set is indicative of how he plays anyway. Because that was just disgusting. Some moments reminded me of my cousin who plays because she thinks Kirby is cute. And I'm not just talking about the Snake match.
Patience? Yes. Skill? Very lacking, surprising for someone like him.
He plays the MU like its supposed to be played. Play to win.

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
He plays the MU like its supposed to be played. Play to win.
I never said he was playing it wrong lol, he played it perfectly...temporarily. Like I said, he was doing a great job until about the 6:15 mark. After that, he did screwup after screwup. He was using no reads and you capitalized. If he didn't get that footstool kill I'm positive you would have started to extend your lead.

ANYWAY Mink...I'm this close to changing my profile pic to Valentine. Legit.

:phone:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Vinyl, you are the one who posted the video. I watched it, then read the comments and got mad.

***** tit...
I'm not a tit.

Also, what is there to be mad about?

All I see is half-false statements, pierce talking something, people replying to pierce about something of his thing about something.

8Bitman

Smash Master
..... I was not calling you a tit, I said "N, I, G, G, A Tit", it is an interjection.

Also it made me mad because the crappier players that think they're the SH** show no respect to the better player in a match/set, because they had the better play style. Yet they are not skilled enough to notice/realize it.

No offense to Havok, he's an amazing player. Just that as Snake, Falln was by far more skilled in the MU.

falln

Smash Ace
I never said he was playing it wrong lol, he played it perfectly...temporarily. Like I said, he was doing a great job until about the 6:15 mark. After that, he did screwup after screwup. He was using no reads and you capitalized. If he didn't get that footstool kill I'm positive you would have started to extend your lead.
if i couldnt play without camping then how did havok get pressured to the edge of the stage? if i didnt read his response at the edge then how did he end up offstage needing to cypher?

if you're going to criticize my play then do it on games 2 and 3 where i play like dog **** LOL

also thanks 8bitman im glad someone understands :)

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
if i couldnt play without camping then how did havok get pressured to the edge of the stage? if i didnt read his response at the edge then how did he end up offstage needing to cypher?

if you're going to criticize my play then do it on games 2 and 3 where i play like dog **** LOL

I would call putting him offstage at that point as just spacing bairs correctly, not a read. But call it what you will.

And yea I decided to just disregard games 2 and 3...I figured you didn't need anybody to point out the problems with those games.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
falln $50 money match my Kirby.

Not even joking.

Edit: Not trolling either. I am (was) Florida's Kirby. I don't think your bad but I'm kinda salty you're biting my sh nairs.

Edit2: Just saw the MK matches... hm...
Oooooooooh ****.

Make it happen.

Exdeath

Smash Master
if i didnt read his response at the edge then how did he end up offstage needing to cypher?
You should probably re-watch the match if you think that you read something significant to force him to air dodge off-stage haha. You used Bair>Bair>turn around>Jab 1, with only the first Bair hitting. After that you had seconds to react. Don't get me wrong; the average Brawl player still has difficulty getting free foot stool gimps, but acting like you did something special there is silly.

falln

Smash Ace
i just dont understand why a bunch of video monsters are nitpicking pointless things in the game that i pretty handily won when there's a lot that can be said about my recovery choices in games 2 and 3

Exdeath

Smash Master
i just dont understand why a bunch of video monsters are nitpicking pointless things in the game that i pretty handily won when there's a lot that can be said about my recovery choices in games 2 and 3
...Why do you care? I hadn't even watched it until I saw that you and Havok had posted in here. In my experience, most of the people who comment on YT Brawl matches without being related to the players have worthless opinions and I'm sure that you've noticed such.

8Bitman

Smash Master
No problem, I just hate how there is no respect for Brawl or the players anymore. You played amazing and people just like to point out **** that's apparently "boring" because there is no action going on. What they think is "boring" I think is more interesting than Snake just F-Tilting the whole match...

Also yes, lol, D-Torr is right, Haters gonna hate. XD

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
So apparently, I used olimar almost the entire time and I just learned everything.
Lol, nope. Wifi matches forbid me to improve on doing mindgames.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
No problem, I just hate how there is no respect for Brawl or the players anymore. You played amazing and people just like to point out **** that's apparently "boring" because there is no action going on. What they think is "boring" I think is more interesting than Snake just F-Tilting the whole match...

Also yes, lol, D-Torr is right, Haters gonna hate. XD
Well, I don't necessarily like that type of play either but I can respect it because he's playing it right.

AfroQT

Smash Master
I wouldn't even play online, i don't understand people that do on a regular basis. Unless you just really really really wanna play brawl which is fine i guess. I can't even stand umvc or SF online, brawl online is just too much for me to even watch.

8Bitman

Smash Master
I mean it is more for beginners just getting into Brawl. But for people who have been playing or have been in the Offline Scene since it's release or a few years now, it is just unbearable.

After I went to my very first Offline tourney, I stopped playing Wifi instantly.

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
I have high hopes that Smash4 will have reliable online gameplay, i dont think Nintendo would be foolish enough to deny that twice.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I'm not gonna front, I only got into Smash late 2007 because nobody wanted to play against me in MvC2. Granted, I was only the best amongst my friends. I was not some amazing MvC2 player but I won almost all the time. I played Smash, both 64 and Melee, casually before with close friends before I met Kyon and Legion and was introduced to competitive Smash. They wrecked everyone in Melee teams and while initially playing for fun, I wanted to compete because I like competition aka I don't want to be free. Meanwhile, Brawl is coming around the corner and while I didn't even own a gamecube controller much less a gamecube itself (I was more comfortable playing Smash with a PS2 controller), I was hyped and wanted to actually be good at Brawl. Playing Yoshi in Melee because he's my favorite character, I used Yoshi as my initial main in Brawl but I didn't own a Wii either. I managed to get my own GCN controller and played Yoshi and also dabbled with Olimar go figure. I dropped Olimar after getting bored with him and picked up Bowser after his infinite double jump tech with whiffed Side-B was found. Eventually I got myself a Wii plus Brawl and picked up Diddy Kong and over the summer played wifi as much as I could and learned as much as I could, mainly from NinjaLink who was the Diddy inspiration for me. After the summer, my Diddy and Yoshi were able to keep me with my peers.

2009 rolled up and SFIV was dropped and I guess my interest in Brawl was decreasing slowly and slowly as the fighting game genre picked back up tremendously. Then MvC3 came out last year and the rest is history. The sequel to the game I lived by for years would be the game I wanted to succeed in. The "nail in the coffin" for Brawl for me was at CEO when I devoted so much time TO'ing Brawl and trying to make it the best possible turnout it could be despite SmashBoards biased administrators deterring my efforts as well as me going 0-2 in pools for MvC3. That feeling of not wanting to be free came full circle, this time with MvC3.

While my interest lies back in the main fighters now, I still got love for the Smash series and the FL smash community. You guys are chill and have treated me great. Even with my disgust on how the metagame is with Brawl I'll still come out to events and stuff and chill with you guys.

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
Well, good to know you'll at least still be around n stuff. Breaks my heart to see people quit Brawl and fall off the face of the earth.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Yeah I hate that too tbh. I haven't actually quit Brawl. It's just not my main focus anymore but being apart of this community has done alot for me and opened connections that may help me down the road who knows. Even if I decide to stop playing Brawl competitively, I'll still be apart of the community.

Top Bottom