• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FL Social Thread:You Mad, You Lose.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
yea I have to work on my EVO plans myself. Finding it diffcult to get the required days off of work. I wish they would put up the schedule already so I know how long I have to fly there

ZmazhCrew

Smash Rookie
Random question i know; but anyone know where i can go on here to find friendlies in the South FL region (specifically North Miami area)? Bored and want to play other people besides my friends...

any help appreciated...

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Well... I live right off of I-95, the Ives Dairy Rd. Exit... so that's probably not far...
Seibrik lives down the street from me, though he doesn't really play.
Umm... text me to make it easier, 786-515-3805

DC

Smash Cadet
Can we have another clubhouse tournament with Tampa and alcohol?

:phone:

Two-Ell

Smash Master
I kinda doubt there being a successful Smash(key word here) National in FL lol. Aside from MLG we have a meh history(Winterfest and I think there was one at FIU, something that had OoS attendance). Even when we had someone like Jebailey going out on a limb for us the Smash community supported that very poorly(not talking about FL here, I had an amazing time with everyone who went lol).

:rosalina:

8Bitman

Smash Master
Well spreading the word can maybe spread it to someone who does have the time and desire to host a National.

Yeah, I agree Garret, but it doesn't hurt to try. I just hate that every single time someone brings up the idea, it is shut down immediately because of past failures. >_>

There have been many new players entering the Smash Scene lately and I feel if someone at least sparked the happening of an event down here, it would get great support. Or at least I think it would.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
florida is good at traveling to nationals, not good at hosting them (in respect to brawl)

we're expensive to fly to from most places, hard to get around without a car, and not many hotels or smashers near large enough for nationals venues. Those things arent an issue for the FGC, since they are generally older and have more money to rent a car, or have they money to stay in the hotel the event is in, no matter what it is (ie. EVO)

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
The first CEO in 2010 was the same weekend as MLG Columbus so we didn't get much OoS for Brawl (Kadaj, Chu, Candy), but Melee has quite a few OoS players come through including Darkrain, PP, Tope, Cyrain, Husband, and Chu as well. With that, CEO 2011 had a lot to build on and Jebailey put a lot of effort to give the Smash community a legit major.

Lots of things deterred that from happening such as Smashboards promoting another event which took place the same weekend despite CEO 2011 having the dates first and also due to players IN STATE deciding not to go due to door fee DESPITE paying less than players who entered any other game besides Smash.

After doing so much and getting little in return, it's no surprise Smash altogether would never be apart of CEO again.

DC

Smash Cadet
Aight GDX, all the Blazblue players are flaky as hell. How much to get into your hotel room?

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Well spreading the word can maybe spread it to someone who does have the time and desire to host a National.

Yeah, I agree Garret, but it doesn't hurt to try. I just hate that every single time someone brings up the idea, it is shut down immediately because of past failures. >_>

There have been many new players entering the Smash Scene lately and I feel if someone at least sparked the happening of an event down here, it would get great support. Or at least I think it would.
I kinda doubt there being a successful Smash(key word here) National in FL lol. Aside from MLG we have a meh history(Winterfest and I think there was one at FIU, something that had OoS attendance). Even when we had someone like Jebailey going out on a limb for us the Smash community supported that very poorly(not talking about FL here, I had an amazing time with everyone who went lol).

florida is good at traveling to nationals, not good at hosting them (in respect to brawl)

we're expensive to fly to from most places, hard to get around without a car, and not many hotels or smashers near large enough for nationals venues. Those things arent an issue for the FGC, since they are generally older and have more money to rent a car, or have they money to stay in the hotel the event is in, no matter what it is (ie. EVO)

U have GOT 2 b kidding me....

I've been trying to tell u guys what to do 4 the longest but no1 listens to the random NFL player -___-

:sonic:

DC

Smash Cadet
You're in the NFL? The **** are you doing posting on smashboards?

Two-Ell

Smash Master
You're in the NFL? The **** are you doing posting on smashboards?

hahaha

I'm sad Chie is being *****d out to like everyone. Every video I see on Jourdal's channel has at least one; even some mirrors lol. Now I gotta find another female to play.

Maybe I'll try playing the series first xD.

DC

Smash Cadet
hahaha

I'm sad Chie is being *****d out to like everyone. Every video I see on Jourdal's channel has at least one; even some mirrors lol. Now I gotta find another female to play.

Maybe I'll try playing the series first xD.
Every Noel player is playing Chie, they move exactly the same.

Every Persona 4 character has a Blazblue counterpart.

Two-Ell

Smash Master

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Actually DC, what makes you so sure that they're gonna want to play it? if they do I don't imagine it to be very long lol. In the end it's another anime fighter(which I don't mind, but yeah).

lol I need to find out how I'm getting to CEO too xD.

DC, drive to it. I'll give you monies D:

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Yeah because me playing a game where you can air dash and block in the air isn't anime at all smh

I don't know why you're taking offense to what I said dude, but I suppose I may have some confusion on my term use. I just don't happen to lump Marvel in with the other airdashers because its player base doesn't consist primarily of weaboos(which is why I call something like BB an anime fighter) lol. As such, I feel as though it'll just end up just another niche game. I don't personally have a problem with that, but when I read DC saying Marvel players will get into it that makes me think that might not happen(at least to BB's extent). If he was talking about FL's scene specifically, that'd probably make more sense to me though.

I'm most likely gonna buy it. I'm just naturally feeling eh about the idea of dropping money for a game not many will play(like those poor people who paid for AH3 lol).

also Eric, I know he's in your car. DC had asked me to come with him to Orlando next week, so I thought if he could drive to that, why not do it for this(since I can actually go xD)

Top Bottom