• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIU Brawl Summer Tournament - Miami, FL August 9th, 2008 (RESULTS POSTED)

Ruuku

Smash Lord
From what I've heard from Seibrik:

1: Seibrik
2: Afro
3: c.Doc
4: HRNUT
5: Chops
5: Nick Roddle

I'm half asleep so I can't remember well if Seibrik said that HRNUT or Chops was 4th.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
That's the worst rule list ever.

There are so many things wrong with it!!!!

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Good **** everyone, i had an awesome tourny. Got 5th twice all right! Samus is too good against snake, right afro?

nevershootme

Smash Master
Ok everyone, great tournament, attendence was better than last year's Melee tourney at FIU with 42 participants. This time we have 58. Although there were issues with me and the staff, it was far beyond my control to accommodate the needs. Forgive me Metal Dave on that situation you had to put through, even wasting gas coming down.

Heck... we almost lost allowing Philip (Phil-money, Prodigy, Philinator, w/e he finally decides his name tag) to enter the tourney despite the staff not allowing late comers... But we pulled it through and let him, his brother, and friend in.

Edit: Forgive me about the venue issue in the pool room with the AC being busted... it was sweating water....

And now... The results (Singles)... Videos will be uploaded and be ready at 2-3am.

1: Seibrik ($452.40) (DeeDeeDee, Snake, Meta Knight)
2: Afro Thundah ($226.20) (Snake, Meta Knight)
3: cDoc ($75.40) (Pit)
4: HRnut (Snake, Game & Watch, Marth, how many more characters?!!!!)
5: Chops (Snake)
5: ESAM (Samus, Pikachu, Yoshi)
7: Bonesaw (Meta Knight, Snake)
7: 8-Bit (Snake, Meta Knight, Olimar)
9: NickRiddle (Zero Suit Samus)
9: Gmoney (Meta Knight)
9: Alexander Ramos (Kirby, Sheik/Zelda)
9: Phillp Mathew Jaquette (Snake)
13: GDX (Diddy)
13: Chaz (Marth, Snake)
13: Polmex (Luigi)
13: Meta Evil (Falco)
17: Ced
17: Chckn (R.O.B., Game & Watch)
17: Joel (Snake)
17: Alejandro Emil Vega
17: Phil-money [w/e people call him lol] (Meta Knight)
17: Matthew Francis Formosa
17: Junior (Marth)
17: Brett Bochak
25: Ricardo Oscar Hernandez
25: Luis Pinto
25: Gabriel (Wario, Diddy)
25: Johnny Yagami
25: Underground (Falco)
25: Ahmed (Ness, Toon Link)
25: Michael Davis Akinlabi
25: Luis Antonio Lugo
33: Kristopher Neil Harris
33: James Jacome
33: Eduardo Diazbqez
33: Chris Jonathan Santos
33: Manuel Denize
33: Lee
33: Brandon Paul
33: Nicolas Saab
33: Austin Davis
33: Abraham
33: Brian Gutierrez
33: Yoel Ruisanchez
33: Deverette Cooper
33: Oni (Link)
33: Daher Hajje
33: Chad (DK)
49: Eric Ramirez
49: Evan Bolley
49: Stefah Lai
49: Gianni Navaf
49: Shin
49: Masky (Ness)
49: Jonathan Skantz
49: Bernardo Sciortino
49: Andres Botero

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
For the record, I used DDD the WHOLE time except Vs Gmoney.

Get it right.

I used Metaknight one match vs Danny.

Everything all was all DDD.

Im fine in u putting my chars there. but put DDD first if anything.

Thanksss

nevershootme

Smash Master
After months of negotiating, promoting, and an accidental hot ac room plus 3 laggy tv johns and more johns.

It's been pretty successful (Now the 3rd time we ran a smash tourney at FIU), hopefully me and the rest of the FIU group (The word crew is not a cool word for me to use) will pull another one during the fall semester. Hopefully if we could make it every 2 months into the semester (Like a midterm and final exam kind of deal, a major tournament). and if it's even possible, maybe a biweekly singles or doubles (depending on preference) during the semester.

shout outs and props:

Everyone: Thanks for coming and hope you come again for the next tourney.

GDX, HRnut, Polmex, and Gmoney: Glad that you guys made it all the way down with Polmex driving across the state to pick you guys up! That man must have the balls and endurance. I still haven't faced you GDX, Gmoney, and Polmex in singles.... Someday...

Gingerr and Afro: I'll see you guys as always. oh and gingerr, at least you know my face and i'm mostly the one where they don't even give a **** on what i say.

Chops: Keep that c0ck growing... At least I still set minefields, I'm telling ya, it's a game of Minesweeper! But still, good stuff with the dittos minus the random fly away Nikita missile synch drop with no clue who's where moment.

Esam: Yoshi should not be trash tier and you should prove it. and keep coming to tournaments!

Philanator/phil-money/prodigy/ whatever you call him lol: Keep it up, you're getting closer to the top!

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
After months of negotiating, promoting, and an accidental hot ac room plus 3 laggy tv johns and more johns.

It's been pretty successful (Now the 3rd time we ran a smash tourney at FIU), hopefully me and the rest of the FIU group (The word crew is not a cool word for me to use) will pull another one during the fall semester. Hopefully if we could make it every 2 months into the semester (Like a midterm and final exam kind of deal, a major tournament). and if it's even possible, maybe a biweekly singles or doubles (depending on preference) during the semester.

shout outs and props:

Everyone: Thanks for coming and hope you come again for the next tourney.

GDX, HRnut, Polmex, and Gmoney: Glad that you guys made it all the way down with Polmex driving across the state to pick you guys up! That man must have the balls and endurance. I still haven't faced you GDX, Gmoney, and Polmex in singles.... Someday...

Gingerr and Afro: I'll see you guys as always. oh and gingerr, at least you know my face and i'm mostly the quiet one of the FIU group.

Chops: Keep that c0ck growing... At least I still set minefields, I'm telling ya, it's a game of Minesweeper! But still, good stuff with the dittos minus the random fly away Nikita missile synch drop with no clue who's where moment.

Esam: Yoshi should not be trash tier and you should prove it. and keep coming to tournaments!

Philanator/phil-money/prodigy/ whatever you call him lol: Keep it up, you're getting closer to the top!

LOL

wats UR definition of quiet?

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Good tourny, hopefully FIU will host more of them. Are the vidz up?

Shout outs to everyone!! (too lazy right now to do individual shout outs LoLz) But everybody hit me up, and get on aim=advent8812

Im a rapist :)

-advent-

nevershootme

Smash Master
Good tourny, hopefully FIU will host more of them. Are the vidz up?

Shout outs to everyone!! (too lazy right now to do individual shout outs LoLz) But everybody hit me up, and get on aim=advent8812

Im a rapist :)

-advent-
www.youtube.com/nevershootme I have them on a playlist for easier access, currently i'm just overlaying some music since the audio recorded was crap quality

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
nah its not

learn ur matchups son

im only using snake for meta cuz i havn't mastered the ddd matchup, yet.

one day i wont have to use snake, and i'll be happy

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
Official SBR Brawl ruleset finally published!?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=187735

......they can't be serious with these stages.
Wow...so are we really going to start going by this set? -.-

Ok everyone, great tournament, attendence was better than last year's Melee tourney at FIU with 42 participants. This time we have 58. Although there were issues with me and the staff, it was far beyond my control to accommodate the needs. Forgive me Metal Dave on that situation you had to put through, even wasting gas coming down.
I appreciate the help Eddie, that FIU staff is dumb as ****.

Looks like I need to wait for brawl bash and pnt. O_o

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
actually. it's was that the assistant admin of the building was giving me a hard time...
Whatever man...you tried at least and I appreciate you for doing that. I didn't wanna cause any trouble -.- Just have to wait for the next tourney...it feels like it's been forever since I've played a tourney! >< lol

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
lol yeah i love how the ONE time i decided to not do singles is the ONE time i didnt have to play a snake till winners finals:/ and it was also the ONe time i couldent get a ***** refund.
but the reason i didnt play was because i didnt wanna beat seibrik cause i knew he was the only person who could beat snake, so GG i always win :)

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
That's the worst rule list ever.

There are so many things wrong with it!!!!
welcome to my world, NOOBS that try to be good but really never will be. so they put on the gay levels to do the gayest **** they possibly can to win that does take skill at all it just takes being a complete ***** ***-got i seriously dont know how half the ***** people from the MW , *** ANY people from the MW got into the back room. people like OS SHOULD NOT be allowed to have a say in ANYTHING that has to do with smash, but people like me get laughed at hmmmm that makes sense to you all im sure, just like the rule list. im just glad i got to come down here, see why im not playing brawl anymore so i can get on with my life, this game is evil point proven.

Top Bottom