• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIRST NINTENDO DIRECT OF 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staarih

Smash Master
We don't luckily have to wait much longer to see if Diddy will be revealed separately via a PotD. If that's the case, which I think and hope it is, then the (possible) newcomer won't be tied in with Diddy (as in Diddy/Dixie combo but could surely be a new DK character). But if he's not revealed, then...

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
A guy from Next Level Games tweeted about the Direct. They did Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon... and Punch Out Wii.

Last edited:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
A guy from Next Level Games tweeted about the Direct. They did Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon... and Punch Out Wii.
Considering Next Level Games is now Nintendo exclusive, we could be in for a real treat here. Maybe Nintendo bought them, adding to their list of Western developers?

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Some one on the my nintendo news post said Kojima retweeted something but i can find it.:c did Kojima retweet something that had to do with the nintendo direct?.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
A Next Level rep made a comment recently about how Nintendo "keep giving us better and better IP to work with."

Which IP, then, is better than Luigi's Mansion?

I'd bet Next Level is making Star Fox right now!

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
Starts off with a jungle scene.
Donkey Kong is giving Olimar, Toon Link and Pikachu a tour of the jungle.
Out of no where Bowser jumps from a nearby mountain and shakes the ground.
Olimar falls on his feet as his Pikmin help him up.
DK growls and bangs on his chest.
Pikachu's cheeks begin to swell with electricity.
Toon Link draws his sword.
Bowser breathes fire and kills off all the Pikmin.
He punches Olimar and sends him flying into the trees.
DK and Pikachu jump back from the flames.
Toon Link blocks it with his shield.
The fire stops.
Toon Link runs at him.
Bowser sends him flying with a devastating drop kick.
Pikachu charges in and conjures up a lightning storm.
Bowser uses his whirling fortress to spin through it unscathed.
He crashes right into Pikachu and sends him flying.
He then quickly bites onto DK's arm.
He throws him into a rock wall.
He begins preparing to breath fire on a helpless DK.
Out of nowhere he is shot in the mouth with a peanut.
He looks around and sees the tops of a few trees moving and something jumping from each one.
He tries to run at it.
But he cannot move.
He looks down and his foot is stuck in bubblegum.
He finally breaks free and falls to the ground.
He looks up to see two badass mother ****ing monkeys starting down at him.
Diddy Kong & Dixie Kong swing into battle!
Dixie Kong proceeds to pick Bowser up with her ponytail and hurl him into the air.
Diddy Kong flies up with his jet pack and shoots him back down to the ground with his duel peanut guns.
Bowser slams into the dirt.
He looks up to see a pissed off DK staring daggers into his eyes.
Diddy and Dixie on his shoulders looking down at him.
They jump off as DK begins to wind his punch up.
Bowser gets up and tries to use his new found running skills to sprint away.
Only to slip on a banana peel.
He gets back up and turns around to see a DK punch heading straight for his face.
He gets sent flying into the distance.
DK, Diddy and Dixie all do a happy monkey dance.
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U & 3DS.
I'm sorry, but as awesome as this sounds, I absolutely DESPISE the notion of a Diddy/Dixie tag team.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
I'm so hype. Hopefully we get a smash bros release date. Some more mario kart stuff. More hyrule warriors footage. New metroid. Startropics 3 ( in my dreams), new earthbound, mario the movie ( a good one), snes remix, pokemon mmo, Ridley reveal, mario galaxy 3, custom robo, f-zero, starfox, pokemon snap 2, and super mario paintball!

Yes this is my wish list. :p

Shroob

Sup?
That just makes that rumor all the more believable if Diddy/Dixie get revealed tomorrow along with those games.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
"Pic of the day. Tomorrow is Valentine's Day...and the day the new Nintendo Direct airs! It will stream in Japan at 7 AM so it's going to be a very early morning for us...!"

Get hyped....

Hoots

Can Be Combative
If they repackage Diddy, tack on Dixie, and try to sell it as a newcomer...

Let's hope that's not the case...

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
If they repackage Diddy, tack on Dixie, and try to sell it as a newcomer...

Let's hope that's not the case...
Hm... If Dixie is tagged with Diddy as a combo character... it will be a newcomer.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Little disappointed I won't be able to watch the Direct live, especially since the last one was so hype (I think there were over 400 people in the Direct thread).
I'm still super hyped!

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
I'll be at work myself, but I will refrain from using the internet on my phone until I get home.

I'll rewatch the Direct and be surprised like I'm watching it live, then I'll take the discussion to various forums.

...It's just what I do lol

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'll be at work myself, but I will refrain from using the internet on my phone until I get home.

I'll rewatch the Direct and be surprised like I'm watching it live, then I'll take the discussion to various forums.

...It's just what I do lol
I just hope I don't see a summary or headline before I get to the actual Direct's page.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Peach crashed the Hype Train into a concrete wall...we're getting Diddy with lame screenshots...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think that's good enough. I mean , you're getting the game this year so that's always a plus.
We're gonna be at 23 characters either way.

That's a crap ton.

I mean, back when Smash 64 came out, I couldn't name 23 characters I would want to play as in a sequel. The only ones I would have named would be the original 12, Bowser, Peach, Diddy Kong, Ridley (because he was a NPC character on Brinstar 64), King Dedede (also because he was a background stage character) Wario, Banjo, Mewtwo and Mega Man (who not until a year so so after Melee came out I finally figured out that he wasn't owned by Nintendo).

As long as it's not the God forsaken pairing of Diddy and Dixie as one character, I'm good.

Last edited:
We're gonna be at 23 characters either way.

That's a crap ton.

I mean, back when Smash 64 came out, I couldn't name 23 characters I would want to play as in a sequel. The only ones I would have named would be the original 12, Bowser, Peach, Diddy Kong, Ridley (because he was a NPC character on Brinstar 64), King Dedede (also because he was a background stage character) Wario, Banjo, Mewtwo and Mega Man (who not until a year so so after Melee came out I finally figured out that he wasn't owned by Nintendo).

As long as it's not the God forsaken pairing of Diddy and Dixie as one character, I'm good.
For Smash 64 I really wanted Captain Falcon... And I freaked out hardcore.

I was such an F-Zero freak that I couldn't believe he made it. Life was good.

And I second that notion on the Diddy Dixie tag team. Let's not drive the transformation mechanic into the ground while making the characters a gimmick.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Some one on the my nintendo news post said Kojima retweeted something but i can find it.:c did Kojima retweet something that had to do with the nintendo direct?.
Well Rosalina suporter, none of that matters.

Seeing as how you are 1/1 with these things, WE ALL WANNA KNOW YOUR PREDICTION!!!

(I will gladly accept anything that isn't Dixie/Diddy as a duo, and I might piss myself in excitement if it's K. Rool or Ridley)

I swear to God if Diddy and Dixie team, I will have lost my faith in this team to deliver us a great (and large) roster.

My problem with Brawl is I had too much faith; this time around I have gradually grown in some, but I remain skeptical, since I really doubt Sakurai's leadership.
And I second that notion on the Diddy Dixie tag team. Let's not drive the transformation mechanic into the ground while making the characters a gimmick.
It's a concept that is damned both ways.

Either it's the most OP smash character ever (seriously, two Diddy Kongs; if Brawl was more offensive [and not with chain grabs], Diddy would have easily shot up the tiers FURTHER!) that is tournament banned everywhere, or Diddy Kong isn't Diddy Kong anymore, and we've got some Pokémon Trainer level disappointment.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm getting the feeling that even though they're probably going to show Diddy, they're going to reveal a totally different newcomer.

Like..Chrom or Shulk or Mac or something. I can just taste it. Something weird is going on, and with all these different things potentially being discussed tomorrow (X, DKTF, potentially SMTxFE), it just seems too...predictable...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom