• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIRST NINTENDO DIRECT OF 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Hoping for some Sonic Lost World Zelda DLC. It's been two months, it should totally be finished by now

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That would be ideal but have they done this with any other game before in a Direct (shown information about a game before returning to reveal more information about said game later on)?
There is Luigi, though his reveal is more for honoring the Year of Luigi. Perhaps this Nintendo Direct might have two rabbits under its hat.

D

Deleted member

That would be ideal but have they done this with any other game before in a Direct (shown information about a game in a Direct before returning to reveal more information about said game later on in the same Direct)?
They haven't done that before. Though, I would like that.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
If anyone is interested, the Nintendo Direct will be 41 minutes long. The longest so far, as far as I know,

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
They haven't done that before. Though, I would like that.
I'm not saying that *will* happen, or is even likely. But the whole fake-us into believing it was Mario Kart, showing Rosalina's reveal, and then showing Mario Kart afterwards in the last Direct (all after saying only one more title would be shown) was very unexpected, so you never know what will happen.

D

Deleted member

I'm not saying that *will* happen, or is even likely. But the whole fake-us into believing it was Mario Kart, showing Rosalina's reveal, and then showing Mario Kart afterwards in the last Direct (all after saying only one more title would be shown) was very unexpected, so you never know what will happen.
That is why I am thinking that we will get a reveal trailer for Shulk. They would presumably show us X footage, only for it to turn out to be his trailer shortly after.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Damn, won't be able to watch it live, but I'm sure there will be plenty of footage everywhere afterwards. Luckily I'm busy as heck all day starting soon, so I'll just find out the scoop at the end of the day.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If anyone is interested, the Nintendo Direct will be 41 minutes long. The longest so far, as far as I know,
Good thing I have my driving lesson tomorrow rather than tonight.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Stupid work.

Nintendo Direct, why couldn't you have been at 5am again? Could've seen it live then..

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What music are you listening to? I've got the extended version of this going (And in case Cranky is revealed it'll be prophetic.)

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Damn, I just logged on ready to see it, only to realise it's at a complete different time than before.

Not that I can't watch it. Just means I have to wait another 8 hours. :L

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Believe it or not I think its going to be pokemon x and y all over again (aka no reveal for DKCTF)

I mean its just way to popular at this point and sakurai might be following are chess moves and doing the same thing with pokemon x and y

Anyway I think we are getting newcomer 5 as character 23 (so who will it be if I'm right)

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Ahhhhh I'm hyped. Hope today brings us a newcomer (or a long waited veteran).

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Perhaps Sakurai knew about the direct in advance and planned a newcomer such as Palutena or Mewtwo for it, one completely unrelated to DK. Then, he'd just show Diddy during the US release of the game.

I really do want Dixie as a character, but to me, she seems like such an obvious choice. I want Sakurai to excite me with a newcomer this time. I've loved all the newcomers so far, but the only one whose trailer got me pumped up is Mega Man.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
At 41 minutes Either Nintendo is showing a lot of long trailers and explanations or they have a lot of stuff. Either way I can't see them not puttign a 3 minutes Smash trailer in there somewhere.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Ok guys, this time we won't get tricked like with Rosalina's trailer. If you see any CGI trailers for a Nintendo game, you can gurantee it's a newcomer.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's a fun game. When watching the stream pretend that every game shown is evidence of a newcomer and shout about it on twitter. I can't because I have no followers but imagine the trollage :troll:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Perhaps Sakurai knew about the direct in advance and planned a newcomer such as Palutena or Mewtwo for it, one completely unrelated to DK. Then, he'd just show Diddy during the US release of the game.

I really do want Dixie as a character, but to me, she seems like such an obvious choice. I want Sakurai to excite me with a newcomer this time. I've loved all the newcomers so far, but the only one whose trailer got me pumped up is Mega Man.
That's what I think is going to happen so I agree with you

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Well, looks like we'll have our last bit of details before Tropical Freeze comes stateside, unlike Japan today. I still want to drink something with the name of that title. It sounds like a fruity alcoholic beverage!

Oh, and enjoy some real hype train music:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Oh, and enjoy some real hype train music:
I wonder if this music plays while they apply make-up and stuff to everyone that presents the Nintendo Directs. Making their bodies ready if you will.

Staarih

Smash Master
41 minutes long, geez, I assume it'll contain lots of stuff then. It's going to be a long night and horrible early morning for me then...

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Dang it Rosalina, I wanted to make this.
So I'm really holding on for a newcomer, since there is a LOT of stuff going on that is pointing to a reveal.
A DK character seems most likely, but Little Mac and Palutena might make sense, Mac because Next Level's tweet and Palutena because the leak.
Of course Shulk can also be revealed because X I suppose.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I wonder if this music plays while they apply make-up and stuff to everyone that presents the Nintendo Directs. Making their bodies ready if you will.
It's fitting because the song plays on the stage for one of the most metal trains I've ever seen. Iron Horse for Spirit Train soundtrack!

Not to mention how kickass and enthralling the music is.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Y'know, we haven't had a ful game trailer for the game since E3, unless you count Rosalina's . Maybe we'll get a second official trailer with a newcomer reveal and a few Vets

Louie G.

Smash Hero
So here's what we know:
- DK:TF came out today in Japan.
- Sakurai tweeted about the Direct and even mentioned it in the Miiverse Pic of the Day.
- Next Level Games retweeted Nintendo's Direct tweet. Possibly Luigi's Mansion, Punch Out, or Mario Strikers.
- So did Monolith Soft. Probably for X.
- This Direct is 41 minutes long, which is very long. Lots of content I suppose.

I'm expecting Diddy Kong AND a newcomer.
Call me a risk taker.

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Y'know, we haven't had a ful game trailer for the game since E3, unless you count Rosalina's . Maybe we'll get a second official trailer with a newcomer reveal and a few Vets
Maybe Sakurai could get the redundant release window bull**** out of the way then at E3 highlight much bigger features of the game (character customization, extra modes, online play, etc.) while dropping a more concise release date then.

Call me a risk taker.
I like the way you think.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Considering how long the Direct is, is there any possibility that we could get two Smash videos (and therefore two newcomer reveals)? Under the possibility, who? Best bets are Dixie Kong (with Diddy revealed in the video as well, tag-team optional), Palutena, with an outside third in Shulk and a distant fourth in Wonder Red or Bayonetta (in that order).

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Dang it Rosalina, I wanted to make this.
So I'm really holding on for a newcomer, since there is a LOT of stuff going on that is pointing to a reveal.
A DK character seems most likely, but Little Mac and Palutena might make sense, Mac because Next Level's tweet and Palutena because the leak.
Of course Shulk can also be revealed because X I suppose.
The problem with the DK character theory is because it is plausable the same thing as pokemon x and y no reveal plus sakurai only tweeted directs for characters who qualify for a trailer (he tweeted about sonic and rosalina and not luigi) (sonic got a trailer for being 3rd party rosalina for being a newcomer)

For little mac what was next levels tweet

Palutena I agree because of the leak

Also adding mewtwo because his birthday was last week and that was too boring to reveal him there and directs or E3 or a direct would be a better idea I mean after all this is a 41 minute direct

Oh and as for diddy kong sakurai could reveal him on the 21st instead for the usa release (luigi was revealed for the usa release of mario brothers dream team even though its morely year of luigi)

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
So here's what we know:
- DK:TF came out today in Japan.
- Sakurai tweeted about the Direct and even mentioned it in the Miiverse Pic of the Day.
- Next Level Games retweeted Nintendo's Direct tweet. Possibly Luigi's Mansion, Punch Out, or Mario Strikers.
- So did Monolith Soft. Probably for X.
- This Direct is 41 minutes long, which is very long. Lots of content I suppose.

Call me a risk taker.
And Platinum Games, which means Bayonetta 2.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Another thing to accentuate Palutena's priority: we got Palace in the Sky for Wii U last month. Mario Galaxy was revealed a month before Rosalina's reveal. Would be a nice time to show her off and her home stage.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
@ Smashoperatingbuddy123 Smashoperatingbuddy123
It's possible. I think that Mewtwo is one of the most hype-worthy characters out there, so E3 is a no-brainer for me.
I can still see a DK character happening today though. A Direct on TF's release date is a good sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom