• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIRST NINTENDO DIRECT OF 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aduross

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna lean on the overly conservative side and just assume some screenshots of Diddy. But it'd be pretty neat if I was wrong and we got more...

Forty-one minutes though, should have a lot of info if nothing else.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
No one should touch metroid except Retro Studios.
People were leaving Retro because they didn't want to get stuck with Metroid yaknow.

Anyways, I was messing around with the ND page and if you stop the page at the right time, 'video clips' and 'related links' tabs are there. 'Course they don't do anything yet, but we might be able to figure out what's in the direct before it airs.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I can't wait for the butthurt of Baby Mario. I love change for Yoshi, it felt somewhat lacking with Yoshi alone.
You know... I have always liked the idea of Baby Mario riding on Yoshi's back since pre-Brawl... plus it would finally give the Yoshi series a second rep... and I always felt that Baby Mario made sense since he is the second most important character after Yoshi in the Yoshi's Island games.

MasterLuigi

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2835-8943
No classes for me today because of the snow-covered roads. Now the only thing stopping me from watching the Nintendo Direct is my terrible internet connection.

Last edited:

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Being that it is my birthday today, though I've realistically contained my amount of expectation, I'll admit that I am somewhat wishful for this Nintendo Direct overall. As far as I'm concerned, while someone on the caliber of Shulk and Mewtwo (etc.) would be incredible, I'd be fine so long as it's not something such as a singular Diddy Kong reveal (i.e. not just something or someone that's assuredly inevitable). As for other announcements, really just some more material than what we already expect (Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, etc.). Knowing about the Tweets, seeing or hearing a little more about games such as "X", Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem and Bayonetta 2 would be pleasant, and let's be blunt. . . Nintendo wouldn't mind some positive publicity right now.

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
No classes for me today because of the snow-covered roads. Now the only thing stopping me from watching the Nintendo Direct is my terrible internet connection.
Were i live we barley got hit by snow but due to some teachers getting hit pretty bad where they live we got off.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

Regular free-for all gameplay with some of the already announced things from the daily pics, until at the end of the trailer, the camera slowly zooms into the hole in Pyroshere. Once enough tension is built, a big yellow eye shines from the darkness. The trailer cuts the action and ends with the release date.
My Balls would blow off if that happened.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Being that it is my birthday today, though I've realistically contained my amount of expectation, I'll admit that I am somewhat wishful for this Nintendo Direct overall. As far as I'm concerned, while someone on the caliber of Shulk and Mewtwo (etc.) would be incredible, I'd be fine so long as it's not something such as a singular Diddy Kong reveal (i.e. not just something or someone that's assuredly inevitable). As for other announcements, really just some more material than what we already expect (Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, etc.). Knowing about the Tweets, seeing or hearing a little more about games such as "X", Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem and Bayonetta 2 would be pleasant, and let's be blunt. . . Nintendo wouldn't mind some positive publicity right now.
Off topic, but Happy Birthday!

I'd love to see X or more Smash in the Direct.

josh bones

Smash Lord
My Balls would blow off if that happened.[/quote]
Regular free-for all gameplay with some of the already announced things from the daily pics, until at the end of the trailer, the camera slowly zooms into the hole in Pyroshere. Once enough tension is built, a big yellow eye shines from the darkness. The trailer cuts the action and ends with the release date.
And in the hole is
waluigi.png

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
HARK THE HERALD KLAP TRAPS SINGGGGG
GLORY TO THE KREMLING KING!!!
WAR ON EARTH AND MERCY MISSING
KREMLING AND BANANA HOARD RECONCILED
WOEFUL ALL YOU KONGS MAY SING
HAIL TO THE ONE EYED SCIENTIST WHOM WILL LEAD
WITH ZINZGLER HOSTS PROCLAIM
K. ROOL RULES THE DK ISLES!!!
HARK THE HERALD KLAP TRAPS SINGGGG
GLORY TO THE KREMLING KING!!!

D

Deleted member

Make your bets

I'm betting all my money on X footage.
And the buffering… god that was horrible last Direct…
And we will get at least one "Please Understand."

Last edited by a moderator:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
You know... I have always liked the idea of Baby Mario riding on Yoshi's back since pre-Brawl... plus it would finally give the Yoshi series a second rep... and I always felt that Baby Mario made sense since he is the second most important character after Yoshi in the Yoshi's Island games.
This guy would have been Wayyyyy better imo...

180px-KamekMagicBlast.jpg

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
I hope the direct is as good as the last one :grin:

Lucky for me my professor cancelled class unexpectedly so I can watch it live.(My bet is he wants to watch it live to lol)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I feel this video accurately depicts the mood here.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
SO, THAT BIG STORM HIT BOSTON LIKE A BRICK, SO I'M "WORKING FROM HOME" AND I'LL GET TO TURN IN RIGHT AT 5!!!!

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I'm betting all my money on X footage.
And the buffering… god that was horrible last Direct…
And we will get at least one "Please Understand."
I remember that it never buffered once until the Rosalina trailer, it's like it was trying to make me cry

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Is this a joke

If your serious are you saying the rumor is ridley is the one going to be revealed on this direct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom