• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIRST NINTENDO DIRECT OF 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stenton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stenton
3DS FC
5241-1897-2572
In Brawl, Lil Mac's Assist Trophy was always against me and always smashes me out of the ring.. (Happy Accident).

Wasn't extremely surprised though. The Boxing Ring did give clues. But I am very happy to see another series rep in the game rather seeing an Almost-Diddy Clone.

Last edited:

SeatreasureReturned

Smash Apprentice
I was really hoping for Dixie. I was never really a fan of Little Mac. But the trailer was pretty great, I may have to give him a try.

Darkshadow77

Smash Cadet
I think it would be neat if the stage loaded different textures depending on Mac's presence.
Why would they do that though? Sounds kind of dumb (and kind of a waste of time IMO, no offense)
The Punch-Out logos were most likely hidden because people would think it could confirm Little Mac. Just look at all those posts saying that the fact that it doesn't have Punch Out logos means it's not a PO stage and Little Mac is disconfirmed.

Dan

Smash Lord
I was more surprised that the Koopalings made it into MK8.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Nice to know that X is not vaporware with that battle. It may not be that substantial, but it'll give those Xenoblade fans something to enjoy for now. It's a much appreciated sign of life.

Koopalings in MK8? Sign me up! Maybe I'll finally memorize their names with that game. I bet there's 2 of each weight class.

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
This was an amazing Direct in my opinion. They hyped me up for Yoshi's New Island with showing off all of those new powerups. Also the X, Bayonetta, Mario Kart footage was so amazing.

Although Lil Mac was not on my top ten wish list I understand many people wanted him in the game so I am glad for them ;)

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
First Megaman now Little Mac. All I need now is Ridley and I am a happy camper. Everyone else that is added to this game is just a plus from there. Though I'm looking forward to trying all the new characters **** I am pumped for this game!

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Well, Mac proved that ATs can be playable this time around...

Come on, Isaac. Come onnnnnn...

(blindly hoping that Golden Sun isn't a dead franchise)

Also Mac vs CF confirmed funnest match in the game.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
QUIT FOOLIN' AROUND OUT THERE! SMASH AIN'T NO JOKE!

Damn right Doc Louis! God I loved that ****ing Direct, so amazing.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I don't even like Little Mac but this trailer hyped me up! Dem combos were crazy!

I can see this now,
*start online free-for-all match*
*random guy picks Little Mac and a large stage*
*runs to the farthest spot and charges meter all the way up*
*runs to the nearest person to try and hit a 1-hit KO*

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerHappy

Smash Apprentice
It seems like Little Mac is going to be a high speed high power character but with huge lag on a lot of his moves, meaning that he's easily punishable with damaging stuff you wouldn't normally land.

So wow, basically just like Punch Out.

His recovery also seems fairly weak.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well... Little Mac isn't the most exciting character addition for me. However, he is one that is deserving, so I'm not bothered. I'm just glad it wasn't the predictable Diddy Kong/Dixie Kong, or Palutena (who I hope doesn't show up at all).

Everybody was sooo convinced that it would be Diddy Kong or Dixie Kong, which I find hilarious. I pointed out that Pokemon X/Y's release never saw a Pokemon reveal in SSB4, but nobody listens.

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
So the next big direct will most likely be April and the last newcomer reveal before e3, I am going to bet on Palutena.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Solid 7/10 Direct
5 of those points from the Mac attack.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Little Mac, Koopalings in Mario Kart and the X gameplay made my day. Everything else was kinda meh to me.
Showing Smash first caught me off guard but I think it was the right thing to do.

EDIT: Oh and NES Remix 2 looks really good. I like how they showed more crossover type stages like Link fighting the Hammer Bro.

Last edited:

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
Nice to know that X is not vaporware with that battle. It may not be that substantial, but it'll give those Xenoblade fans something to enjoy for now. It's a much appreciated sign of life.

Koopalings in MK8? Sign me up! Maybe I'll finally memorize their names with that game. I bet there's 2 of each weight class.
Lemmy koopa is the only one I can imagine being light weight thou. The others are atleast the size of Mario/Luigi if not bigger. I guess they could shrink Iggy or Larry just a little bit just for the sake of it. I am more excited about a potential story esque cup mode (I found it a bit tedious to unlock everything in the previous games, the single palyer could get hottened up a bit). I was thinking there might be a reason to why they wanted to include 7 bad guys. Maybe they are trying to get the ratio to 50/50 good and bad guys for some story driven arcade mode?

My general impression and feelings regarding the direct:
The gameplay in the Mac reveal was outstanding, the game looked so good. Mario Kart is gorgeus and will be so much fun. I wish they had shown more of X but it was good to get some signs of life from it. I missed hyrule warrior info, sonic boom and fire emblem x SMT. Lastly thou, The bayonetta trailer was HYPE!!!

Good direct imo. 7.5/10

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom