• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIRST NINTENDO DIRECT OF 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
ehhh besides little mac the direct was a little underwhelming to me.

No new games announced???? (Not counting NES remix 2)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One down 3 to go. Let's see how our oversized reptiles and Godess do. Or our oversized reptile godess.

Last edited:

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Hopefully he turns out well seems fast and strong. Just never played any of his games and he seems a bit generic, like nothing special or unique about him.
That's kinda what I like about him. He's just a guy who boxes. With a cool coach to announce his life.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So Little Mac is promoted to being playable in Smash Bros., and the Koopalings make their very first playable appearance in Mario Kart 8. I must say, I wasn't expecting the Koopalings to show up.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Check out the Little Mac pictures on the website. The Boxing Ring seems to be Punch-Out themed when Little Mac is on the stage, but generic themed when Little Mac is absent. Kind of like Toon Link and Alfonzo on the Spirit Train stage.

Also, it is available on both versions of the game!

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Little Mac was cool and so was stuff like Bayonetta, koopilings in 8, NES remix 2, etc. But I was hoping to see some new titles like the Yarn Yoshi game

bloodbuzzed

Smash Apprentice
Never played a Punch Out title so I'm in the dark, but anyone know if Franken-Mac (final smash) has any canon-based authenticity or if Sakurai just pulled it out of his ass?

James92

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jgrim92
I'm very happy with what we got. Little Mac in Smash(so awesome!), the Koopalings in Mario Kart 8, NES Remix 2, and new footage of X and Bayonetta 2, sounds good to me.

D

Deleted member

I will admit… I was hyping myself up for Shulk more… but I will DEFINITELY take this!
OH YEAH! MAC BABY HAS ENTERED THE RING! MY MOST WANTED NEWCOMER HAS JOINED THE BATTLE!

The other stuff they showed off was cool. The Koopalings in Mario Kart 8 were unexpected (I dunno if I am happy or not), glad to see Bandana Dee in Kirby Triple Deluxe, and I loved seeing more footage and X. Overall… this was an amazing Direct!

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Check out the Little Mac pictures on the website. The Boxing Ring seems to be Punch-Out themed when Little Mac is on the stage, but generic themed when Little Mac is absent. Kind of like Toon Link and Alfonzo on the Spirit Train stage.

I think its random each time like the new animal crossing stage on the WiiU, but its still a nice touch.

Spire

III
BRoomer

I think this may be an official retcon of the stage. We'll just have to wait and see future pics based on the stage, and whether or not they include the Smash Bros. or Punch-Out logo. The absence of the Punch-Out logo before was in avoidance of spoiling Little Mac.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
Never played a Punch Out title so I'm in the dark, but anyone know if Franken-Mac (final smash) has any canon-based authenticity or if Sakurai just pulled it out of his ***?
It's based on Punch Out Wii. In a mirror match, the enemy Little Mac becomes Big Mac Giga Mac.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
An another Point for Sakurai. everyone expectet a DK-Charakter and we got Little Mac.
I realy like the Trailer. But when they announcec Bayonetta 2 as a final i was hoping a Smash Announcement would follow....maybe next time. ^^

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think this may be an official retcon of the stage. We'll just have to wait and see future pics based on the stage, and whether or not they include the Smash Bros. or Punch-Out logo. The absence of the Punch-Out logo before was in avoidance of spoiling Little Mac.
Why would they design the generic version of the stage in the first place then? Sounds odd to me.

Changes include:
- the dot-matrix marquee states "PUNCH-OUT!!" instead of "SMASH BROS."
- the Smash Bros. logo is changed to the WVBA logo

The rest seems to be exactly the same. I think it gets WVBA themed when Mac is on the stage, that's all.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Why would they design the generic version of the stage in the first place then? Sounds odd to me.

Changes include:
- the dot-matrix marquee states "PUNCH-OUT!!" instead of "SMASH BROS."
- the Smash Bros. logo is changed to the WVBA logo

The rest seems to be exactly the same. I think it gets WVBA themed when Mac is on the stage, that's all.
Because it's just simple texture swaps. Who knows though? Time will tell the truth.

Aduross

Smash Apprentice
Oh my goodness, it's Little Mac! <3 <3 <3 Wasn't expecting that in the slightest. That trailer was so cool, with Doc Louis hyping Mac up. He looks awesome to play as! I'm curious about the power meter mechanic to be sure. :o

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Because it's just simple texture swaps. Who knows though? Time will tell the truth.
Yeah, those are just texture swaps. The rest of the stage looks exactly the same.

I think it would be neat if the stage loaded different textures depending on Mac's presence. Just like how Alfonzo is loaded when Toon Link is on the Spirit Train stage.

Guess we'll have to wait for a definite answer...

Dott

Smash Ace
Still not enough reasons for buy a Wii now...

But that was good

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Not gonna lie, I'm still kind of worried that power bar 1 hit ko mechanic will be too OP.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Never played a punch out before....but THAT TRAILER WAS SOOOOOO DEEP!!!!

Best Nintendo Direct ever that Smashed E3 2013's Direct.

Iwata stepped his game up
Preez Underhstand...

Oww...i understand...the direct was alot more fast paced and to the point....damn...speechless...

Did anyone elses heart stop beating during the Mac trailer when it zoomed out and Showed Samus?

Like you thought Ridley was gonna come swooping down.....

Ow my....that was deep.....

Mac might be OP though...so fast and strong...and having a OHKO move.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom