• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIRST NINTENDO DIRECT OF 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
So, where can I watch this? I'm less interested about the characters revealed and more about the games they show.
I'm interested in both, especially if it means Punch Out.
But you can watch it somewhere on the Nintendo official website. I think some other websites stream it as well. It isn't hard to find.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Sakurai's hand is getting worse. Oh no... I wonder if they'll say anything at the Direct about it, and how it would effect Smash in general. Anyway, I hope he gets better, he deserves a break.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sm...-sounds-like-it-s-getting-worse/1100-6417712/
Personally I don't mind if Smash is delayed.
AS long as Sakurai feels better. Also the longer we wait, it results in more hype. I don't want this to end just yet, this is the most excited I've ever been for a game, and I love speculating with you guys.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Sakurai's hand is getting worse. Oh no... I wonder if they'll say anything at the Direct about it, and how it would effect Smash in general. Anyway, I hope he gets better, he deserves a break.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sm...-sounds-like-it-s-getting-worse/1100-6417712/
I like that he can tell that it's bad when he loses at Smash Bros. If Sakurai loses, it's only because of an injury!

But in all seriousness, it makes me very worried. As the creator of some of my favorite games, it'd be sad to see him leave the scene, though I'm pretty sure that's what's required for him to heal properly.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Sakurai needs medical attention? Get the man some medical attention. I want Smash Bros, but I dont want Sakurai killing himself over it. If the game needs to be delayed, then so be it, weve waited for years for this game, and Im sure we can wait one more. We need to petition Sakurai to get that medical attention.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I really hope Sakurai can find some sort of treatment and time to heal his cardiac tendonitis. If it has spread to his left arm, imagine what else it could do. It sucks because he's my favorite game designer ever. I'm not just saying that because this is Smashboards. :nervous:

Maybe, just maybe, Sakurai could get the help of some of his other devs to substitute long controller sessions for him, even if it's a bit disheartening for him to feel that he can't control his own product. I'd imagine it would like having a puppet of sorts.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well oviously the game is going to get delayed because of his injury

But there are benefits for one delay equals more time to get as many veterans in the game as possible I'm sure sakurai will get medical attention.

And for mentions of this direct

First off DKCTF comes out today in japan

Sakurais tweet (so we might be looking at diddy kong and 1 newcomer. Because its 41 minute direct)
(However Diddy kong might be held off till the usa release of DKCTF. Because luigi was revealed for a usa release of mario bros dream team so sakurai can reveal a newcomer on this direct and diddy kong for the 21st)

Next level (little mac was made by next level I think so sakurai could reveL him)

(Palutena because of the leak)

Monolith (they made xenoblade a so shulk could get shown at the direct)

Platinum (wonderful red sakurai paid them a little visit once before that game came out so maybe he was interested in a Nintendo character from platinum)

(I'm not saying Bayonetta because she was made by sega and sonic got back in so I really really doubt sakurai will let in 2 sega characters)

(And last but not least mewtwo because he could be revealed anytime since he can reveal pokemon stuff now)

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I really hope Sakurai can find some sort of treatment and time to heal his cardiac tendonitis. If it has spread to his left arm, imagine what else it could do. It sucks because he's my favorite game designer ever. I'm not just saying that because this is Smashboards. :nervous:

Maybe, just maybe, Sakurai could get the help of some of his other devs to substitute long controller sessions for him, even if it's a bit disheartening for him to feel that he can't control his own product. I'd imagine it would like having a puppet of sorts.
As much as I want him to, I doubt he'll take a break until smash is finished. And I doubt he'll even want to after because it'd cut into the time he could be using to make his next game.

Staarih

Smash Master
Counting hours... still quite plenty to go haha. Anyway, I'm thinking it'll be Diddy + a newcomer in this Direct (Smash-wise), with the newcomer being someone from DK or then just some random one. They'll make it look like it's all and only Diddy (Tropical Freeze, return to Smash 4, maybe even confirmation as a driver in Mario Kart 8) and at the very end surprise us with someone new.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
I also want Smash but don't want Sakurai killing himself over it. Maybe we're lucky and the majority of the hands on requirement is done, and he can just chill while we still get it (in the summer).

Hopelessly naive, I know, but a guy can dream, right?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Y'know, we haven't had a ful game trailer for the game since E3, unless you count Rosalina's . Maybe we'll get a second official trailer with a newcomer reveal and a few Vets
It is a possibility. Really hoping that happens.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Have we discussed the Yoshi rumor here?
I had actually considered having Baby Mario on Yoshi's back, it could be really cool.
But I find the rumor unlikely because it is still the Year of Luigi.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I had actually considered having Baby Mario on Yoshi's back, it could be really cool.
I don't think so.... at least not much.

I hoping for the guy in your avi to be the one revealed though, this place needs some hype.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
We have. Ignoring the fact I never listen to 4chan, the amount of content that "leak" has doesn't seem even close enough for it to last in the 41 minutes the Nintendo Direct is having.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
All the negativity towards Dixie is making me sad :/ She isn't boring. Ugh.

Anyway, still hoping for more than one newcomer today... Give us a big reveal, Sakurai...

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
All the negativity towards Dixie is making me sad :/ She isn't boring. Ugh.

Anyway, still hoping for more than one newcomer today... Give us a big reveal, Sakurai...
A big reveal? If you mean multiple characters, prepare to be disappointed

Louie G.

Smash Hero
So who is everyone expecting to be revealed?

K. Rool, Dixie, Mac, and Palutena are the best bets imo.
Plus Diddy.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So here's what we know:
- DK:TF came out today in Japan.
- Sakurai tweeted about the Direct and even mentioned it in the Miiverse Pic of the Day.
- Next Level Games retweeted Nintendo's Direct tweet. Possibly Luigi's Mansion, Punch Out, or Mario Strikers.
- So did Monolith Soft. Probably for X.
- This Direct is 41 minutes long, which is very long. Lots of content I suppose.

I'm expecting Diddy Kong AND a newcomer.
Call me a risk taker.
These are quite literally all of my thoughts as well. Lets keep the faith!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom