• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIRST NINTENDO DIRECT OF 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedoctr11

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedoctr11
All I ask for is a good game I could go with just the characters revealed as long is it's a good game. I don't mean it has to be like Melee or Brawl or 64. I just want a really solid entry into this series.

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
Predictions:
-Don't forget Donkey Kong
-Footage and release dates for Yoshi, Kirby, Mario Kart 8, and Mario Golf
-Release windows for Bayonetta 2 and Hyrule Warriors
-Footage for Sonic Boom, X, and Smash 4
-Indie trailer
-Something to do with the eshop
-1 new 3DS game
-1 new Wii U game

Last edited:

MrBond

Smash Cadet
Whew, the direct starts as soon as I finish school tomorrow. Maybe I'll play it on my car speakers while driving home.

randy2dope

Smash Journeyman
trailer starts smash logo flames etc. then see an arwing and samus gun ship having a dogfight when a scaly blur takes samus down..... oh yaaaaaa thats the stuff right there

D

Deleted member

We are getting X footage tomorrow…
We are getting Smash footage tomorrow…
Oh man! My heart is racing from excitement! I REALLY hope that Shulk gets confirmed! This is the perfect opportunity to do so!

Kef

Smash Apprentice
Regular free-for all gameplay with some of the already announced things from the daily pics, until at the end of the trailer, the camera slowly zooms into the hole in Pyroshere. Once enough tension is built, a big yellow eye shines from the darkness. The trailer cuts the action and ends with the release date.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Comparison of this tweet to the one before our last Nintendo Direct:

Rosalina's Direct: "Nintendo Directは、いつでも突然始まりますな。本日23時。"

This Direct: "あ、朝7時にNintendo Directか。早いですな。"

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Comparison of this tweet to the one before our last Nintendo Direct:

Rosalina's Direct: "Nintendo Directは、いつでも突然始まりますな。本日23時。"

This Direct: "あ、朝7時にNintendo Directか。早いですな。"
If your trying to prove he's not showing a trailer the real way to prove is this

Did sakurai make one of these post for luigi

Also if diddy kong is not the Picture of the day tomorrow and shown after the direct there you go

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
If your trying to prove he's not showing a trailer the real way to prove is this

Did sakurai make one of these post for luigi
I'm not trying to prove anything, just thought I'd post that for anyone interested.

Buuut since you ask, no, he didn't make a post about that Direct at all.

D

Deleted member

I expect 2 minutes of a closeup on Luigi's nose.

Last edited by a moderator:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Did Sakurai tweet before both Sonic's and Luigi's reveals in directs? I sure hope not...

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I predict a montage of the 100+ indie games coming to the Wii U.

Better get a clip of beat it and Eat it from AVGN Adventures (:troll:) since it's confirmed for Wii U.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
He did for Sonic and Rosalina, but not for Luigi.
What i'm taking from this,
Sakurai tweets for directs with sm4sh character trailers in them, like sonic and Rosalina had. Unless this one is different, then we're getting a character trailer tomorrow. (meaning it shouldn't be diddy, because he isn't 3rd party or new like sanic was, unless something IS new)

Last edited:

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
I take back the part of Braverly Default and Layton. But there will be something eshop related

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
Well we could get Diddy next week for DK in NA and still get a newcomer tomorrow.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Some people are expecting Shulk because of Monolith Soft's X footage

Some people are expecting Dixie Kong or King K. Rool, because of Tropical Freeze

Some people are expecting "Pale Tuna" because of the leak

Just watch Nintendo show only Diddy Kong and call it a day

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
What i'm taking from this,
Sakurai tweets for directs with sm4sh character trailers in them, like sonic and Rosalina had. Unless this one is different, then we're getting a character trailer tomorrow. (meaning it shouldn't be diddy, because he isn't 3rd party or new important like sanic was, unless something IS new)
This is the pattern I'm seeing as well, though technically we have to wait until the Direct comes out to call it a proper pattern. :p But yes, we're either getting a newcomer, a returning third-party (Snake), or a veteran who was cut (Mewtwo, most likely). That's my guess, anyway. Now we just have to see if he mentions it in today's pic of the day.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Mewtwo would be as boring as a veteran reveal to me, because... technically Mewtwo is a veteran. Still, I am sure a lot of people would be glad to have it confirmed for SSB4, so I guess I could be happy for the others... or something. Still, hoping they reveal a completely new character in the upcoming Nintendo Direct.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Mewtwo would be as boring as a veteran reveal to me, because... technically Mewtwo is a veteran. Still, I am sure a lot of people would be glad to have it confirmed for SSB4, so I guess I could be happy for the others... or something. Still, hoping they reveal a completely new character in the upcoming Nintendo Direct.
He tweeted on sonic and palutena directs but not luigi

Sonic and palutena got trailers luigi did not

Mewtwo is a veteran who does qualify for a trailer hes the most requested veteran I mean remember the happy birthday mewtwo prediction that was a bust due to being a lame time to reveal him. We all said a direct or E3 would be a better time to reveal him

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero

Mewtwo is a veteran who does qualify for a trailer hes the most requested veteran I mean remember the happy birthday mewtwo prediction that was a bust due to being a lame time to reveal him. We all said a direct or E3 would be a better time to reveal him
...you mean Rosalina?

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir

You just leaked Palutena

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
If we don't get Diddy tonight, I'm totally okay with it.

I'm really curious as to what today's pic is going to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom