• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIRST NINTENDO DIRECT OF 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Definitely looking forward to this! Even if we don't get any big Smash news, there'll be something good in there, I'm sure.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I still feel like we'll just get Diddy Kong. But I'd gladly see if we get a good kind of surprise.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I mean, the studio that everyone wants to have making the next Metroid game literally just finished a game!
PLOT TWIST

Iwata: "Prease take a rook"
Sakamoto: "Hello, I'm Sakamoto from Nintendo. Today I wold like to talk about a new game we are deveroping called Metroid Other U..."

*Nintendo fandom commits suicide*

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'd love if we just got a ''Oh, and one more thing..."

Then a trailer shows that has new gameplay, some predictable veterans that aren't revealed, and then maybe one or two newcomers as well..

We're probably not getting something like that though.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
PLOT TWIST

Sakamoto: "Hello, I'm Sakamoto from Nintendo. Today I wold like to talk about a new game we are deveroping called Metroid Other U..."

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I'm really not expecting any character to show up, that way if we do see another one, I'll probably get super hyped and if there isn't I wouldn't be too disappointed.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Be a great way to introduce Mac to Smash. No, I better not get my hopes up LOL.
Plot twist: The main character of the new Punch-Out isn't Little Mac. It's some random new guy, and that's who gets revealed for Smash 4. :troll:

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
Should also be noted (not sure if it was earlier) that Soraya Saga, who is heavily involved in the Xeno series, retweeted about the Direct.

Maybe we'll get some solid info on X.

...and perhaps a reveal for Shulk?
That'd be awesome... or even if there's any info from X, I'd be happy.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
I wont get too hyped for a newcomer until I see the pic of the day. If its anything like the Rosalina reveal Sakurai will mention the Direct in the caption for the Pic of the day.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
Interesting, the guys over on NeoGaf said last time Rosalina was revealed that Sakurai had retweeted about the Direct. Did the same for Sonic as well. So who know if we'll get Smash info tomorrow.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Probably more about Bayonetta 2.

BAYONETTA CONFIRMED FOR SMASH. :troll:
Without a doubt. What could possibly stop her from getting in?

Seriously though, you're probably right, we're probably gonna get some more Bayonetta info. About time too!

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
Man, this homework is getting in the way of watching these discussions! I need to get done NOW to join!
:grrr:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Honestly hoping at this point that tonight Sakurai reveals Diddy solo for TF, and tomorrow we get someone totally unexpected like Shulk, Little Mac, Palutena, etc...

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Honestly hoping at this point that tonight Sakurai reveals Diddy solo for TF, and tomorrow we get someone totally unexpected like Shulk, Little Mac, Palutena, etc...
I'm half expecting this, personally. He reveals Diddy to lower our expectations for the Direct, then slams us with a newcomer.

Maybe Palutena to quell the rumors?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Those characters aren't really unexpected. Something like a retro character or Chrom would be a surprise out of nowhere.
I meant unexpected given the circumstances. I know those particular characters are highly expected in general, hah! :shades:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Nah, I think Tingle is a better troll reveal. :troll:
Oh my god.

I will die if he gets reveal just because I really want his ''ENTERS THE BATTLE" screen to be nothing more than..

"Tingle, Tingle, Kooloo-Limpah!"

And that in my opinon would be the perfect troll. :troll:

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
PLOT TWIST

I don't want sakumato ever touching a metriod game ever again hell give it to tam ninja without him this time and i would have faith it what they would make, why did he not want analog sticks?

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I'd love if we just got a ''Oh, and one more thing..."

Then a trailer shows that has new gameplay, some predictable veterans that aren't revealed, and then maybe one or two newcomers as well..

We're probably not getting something like that though.
it would be Great if they dropped multiple characters on us here. Nintendo could use some HYPE, say all the most likely characters we are guessing get shown tomorrow: Yoshi/babymario diddy/dixie and little mac possibly even palutena all get revealed plus some substantial gameplay, THAT would be amazing... dont want to over hype this though haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom