• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIRST NINTENDO DIRECT OF 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
I imagine we'll get some footage of the Sonic Boom game, maybe. It IS a Wii-U exclusive.

Anyways, I'm putting in my prediction for K.Rool and plan to be...disappointed. :(

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Should also be noted (not sure if it was earlier) that Soraya Saga, who is heavily involved in the Xeno series, retweeted about the Direct.

Maybe we'll get some solid info on X.

...and perhaps a reveal for Shulk?
Shiet. Seems like tomorrow's ND will be massive. Maybe you could get more stuff about Smash than what we are expecting.

fill

20EggsEggs
Should also be noted (not sure if it was earlier) that Soraya Saga, who is heavily involved in the Xeno series, retweeted about the Direct.

Maybe we'll get some solid info on X.

...and perhaps a reveal for Shulk?
that would kill a lot of rumors/leaks lol

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Please understand, there's a shortage of purple characters, here are a few newcomers:

And now for the most-requested purple Metroid newcomer!

Please understand.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I know they plan on showing it at e3 this year. But can we please see some Zelda Wii U. We know they have stuff on it, they planned on showing it last years e3, and at comicon. The Wii U is struggling and there aren't many titles we know about yet. This is a good time to drop the cannon and fire the bombs, aka Zelda Wii U

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Posted two days ago.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
That post actually made me pretty...angry...
That happens when Iwata uses 'Please understand' instead of 'Sorry for this sucking donkey ass'. Also, Hinata, I think that people involved with both Monolith Software and NLG tweeting about the Direct debunks that 4chan rumor, because the rumor doesn't mention any game from those developers.

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Next Level Games has been working on a top secret project for some time now...
(Adding significance to the fact that they retweeted the direct)

Monolith Soft hasn't shown anything on X in ages...
(Adding significance to the fact that they retweeted the direct)

Overhype!

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I know they plan on showing it at e3 this year. But can we please see some Zelda Wii U. We know they have stuff on it, they planned on showing it last years e3, and at comicon. The Wii U is struggling and there aren't many titles we know about yet. This is a good time to drop the cannon and fire the bombs, aka Zelda Wii U
You wont see any of that till E3 im pretty confident about that one.

Reila

Or they could announce the new Metroid tomorrow and Zelda at E3 this year.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I imagine we'll get some footage of the Sonic Boom game, maybe. It IS a Wii-U exclusive.

Anyways, I'm putting in my prediction for K.Rool and plan to be...disappointed. :(
I wouldn't be too sure about that

if we get diddy kong before the direct (which means the pic of the day)

it means (not guaranteed ) we will also get Dixie kong or king k rool (the second picture of the day)

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Hmmmm...i see that having more of a chance of happening imo...but i still think both will be left for E3.

Or just a announcement that

Sakurai: Ah Nuu Mehtroy gaym ez en develorpmehn Py Rehtrow Studeowz but lehtz nor gor en tuu muhch dee tail foh now.

*saves for E3*

But ofc dont forget.

1388135904156.jpg

Last edited:

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace

Sonic Boom was confirmed to be a wii U and 3ds exclusive when it was announced. It is the final game in the 3 game partnership between nintendo and sega

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Hmmmm I think that is less likely because Zelda Wii U has been in devolopment since 2011, and they have stuff to show us. And now the devolopment team is the size of 3, as a "super team". Metroid hasn't had quite that amount of resources, as Retro has been busy with Donkey Kong

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Finally! A Direct! I wonder if it's unreasonable to think we'll get a clearer image of the release date. I'd be happy with just a season for now, sort of like Mario Kart 8 last time. For sure we'll get some info on Mario Kart 8 though, which is exciting.

Reila

Hmmmm I think that is less likely because Zelda Wii U has been in devolopment since 2011, and they have stuff to show us. And now the devolopment team is the size of 3, as a "super team". Metroid hasn't had quite that amount of resources, as Retro has been busy with Donkey Kong
Retro Studios was said to be working on two games. The studio was said to be big enough to work on two titles at the same time (DKCTF and likely a new Metroid). Zelda Wii U will not be revealed tomorrow, because it was already said to be revealed on E3, or wasn't it? So I think Metroid being announced tomorrow would be more likely (but I am NOT saying it will happen, mind you).

Last edited:

BugDoctor

Smash Apprentice
Revamped with Baby Mario? ........eeeeeh... it could be worse
I hope this isn't true. Yoshi doesn't need a revamped moveset...he just needs to be properly balanced. I also just strongly dislike the 'baby' characters for some reason. Baby Mario was fine in Yoshi's Island, but once they started going nuts making more and more baby characters...it was just irritating.

We'll see though, but I hope this doesn't happen.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Hmmmm...i see that having more of a chance of happening imo...but i still think both will be left for E3.

Or just a announcement that

Sakurai: Ah Nuu Mehtroy gaym ez en develorpmehn Py Rehtrow Studeowz but lehtz nor gor en tuu muhch dee tail foh now.

*saves for E3*

But ofc dont forget.

View attachment 8387
I'll bet you a Avatar change that he doesn't say that ONCE. :p

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
I hope this isn't true. Yoshi doesn't need a revamped moveset...he just needs to be properly balanced. I also just strongly dislike the 'baby' characters for some reason. Baby Mario was fine in Yoshi's Island, but once they started going nuts making more and more baby characters...it was just irritating.

We'll see though, but I hope this doesn't happen.
yoshi was a savage in balanced brawl, he almost took my top spot once we started playing that

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Retro Studios was said to be working on two games. The studio was said to be big enough to work on two titles at the same time (DKCTF and likely a new Metroid). Zelda Wii U will not be revealed tomorrow, because it was already said to be revealed on E3, or wasn't it? So I think Metroid being announced tomorrow would be more likely (but I am NOT saying it will happen, mind you).
Devolopment schedules can change all the time. A great example is wind waker hd and a link between worlds. They were shown before devolopment for the games got..... Far. Maybe because of the poor Wii U miyamoto could jump the gun, and show a short teaser trailer. Aonuma has stated he will talk about it at e3, it doesn't mean he can't show it, much like A Link Between Worlds, a short teaser and then go into detail at e3. But hey, nintendo is almost impossible to predict, Sakuri has taught us that much

Last edited:

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Aaaaah! Yes! I'm training at Enchanted Tales with Belle tomorrow, so I get out early for the direct! First time Disney hasn't mess up my Nintendo Direct schedule since Smash was announced!

If we get King K. Rool tomorrow I'm going to pee everywhere.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Man, I don't even know what potential Smash character I should be excited for. I'll be happy with anything, so long as it isn't Yoshi + Baby Mario.

Watch it turn out to be that, though. Just watch.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
This Direct so far seems huge, what the Wii U needs is an hour and a half of hype-inducing Nintendo announcements.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
Here's my dream for tomorrow, new Punchout game revealed, along with Little Mac for Smash. I know it won't happen but I can dream :) I just hope we get a release date for Kirby Triple Deluxe and Mario Kart 8 gets a solid release date besides just saying May.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Please understand, there's a shortage of purple characters, here are a few newcomers:

And now for the most-requested purple Metroid newcomer!

Please understand.
Ahem.

Reila

Any of those newcomers would make me happy:

Dixie Kong
Diddy and Dixie combo
King K. Rool
Ridley
Little Mac

Please Nintendo. At least one of them :D

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
This Nintendo Direct is going to be a big bomb, I think.

So, the U.S. Direct starts at 5 P.M. Eastern Time?
The Direct is simultaneously streamed to the entire world and yes, it's 5 PM Eastern Time.

The Direct itself will have regional differences depending if it's watched on the Japanese, American or European site, but it starts at the same time for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom