• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIRST NINTENDO DIRECT OF 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
They announced Pokémon XY in the first ND of 2013, so they better announce something big this time.

And by big, I mean a big character.
Oh! Sorry! How silly of me to think Snorlax! You must mean a PURPLE, BIG character.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
There are certainly a number of things we can speculate within tomorrow's Nintendo Direct especially if Smash Bros does get shown (which is very likely):

- Will Diddy Kong be unveiled alone or will he be paired with Dixie Kong?
- Will a newcomer character be unveiled?
- Will a veteran character other than Diddy Kong be shown?

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Totally not gonna hype myself on this. I'm just gonna be chill and watch since I'm not expecting anything huge but announcements of current games coming out soon and shortly. That pretty much it. Expecting anything more than that is just going to make me upset for no reason for the whole day.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Woah, a Direct tomorrow? That's interesting. Kind of excited and nervous about this, to be honest. On one hand we could see a newcomer to the game, and possibly even more. On the other hand, the timing of this with Tropical Freeze's release may support the idea of a Diddy/Dixie tag team, which I personally am not terribly fond of. Eh, that's just me though. I'm sure the Smash community has a lot to be excited for tomorrow.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Getting excited for this!

Most likely in my opinion is Diddy and Dixie.
I think nintendo directs work well for newcomer reveals (they can show case their video intro) and it would still reveal Diddy coinciding with Tropical Freeze. But hey lets wait and see!

xelasseh

Smash Apprentice
If Sakurai tweets about it prior to the direct like last time then this place is gonna go bananas :diddy:

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
I hope from now on they only show Veterans, other than Mewtwo if he's in, during Pic of the Days. Those are the better times to reveal them, and Newcomers should be saved for Directs.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Remember this is only for games up until Spring.
Hate to derail the hype (or increase it) but it says the direct is about titles being released before the end of Spring.
To be fair though, the same has been said before and there even was a "Nintendo 3DS Direct" that had Smash stuff, including Wii U, IIRC.

That said, there's no guarantee of course. And even if there's Smash stuff, we could just get Diddy which isn't exactly hype-worthy and may as well just get revealed on the site.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Might as well announce Dixie as well (as Diddy)... either as tag-team partner or by herself.

Last edited:

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
Hm, now that a Direct is coming up tomorrow, the following could happen:
- Diddy gets confirmed.
- Diddy and Dixie tag team.
- Cranky Kong is revealed?

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
There's no way that there WON'T be a really big announcement tomorrow. Nintendo knows how long it's been since the last Direct, and it knows how negative the press has been over the previous 6 weeks.

The question is whether the "and one more thing…" of this Direct will be Smash related, or something even bigger like, say, an announcement of Metroid Wii U.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
There's no way that there WON'T be a really big announcement tomorrow. Nintendo knows how long it's been since the last Direct, and it knows how negative the press has been over the previous 6 weeks.

The question is whether the "and one more thing…" of this Direct will be Smash related, or something even bigger like, say, an announcement of Metroid Wii U.
There could a Smash related thing after the announcement of Metroid Wii U... if you get what I mean. :006:

nessokman

Smash Lord
We won't get many giant reveals until the smash direct that will no doubt come

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
There could a Smash related thing after the announcement of Metroid Wii U... if you get what I mean. :006:
OH GOD I HADN'T CONSIDERED THAT POSSIBILITY! And...this is literally the best moment to announce it...I mean, the studio that everyone wants to have making the next Metroid game literally just finished a game!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
OH GOD I HADN'T CONSIDERED THAT POSSIBILITY! And...this is literally the best moment to announce it...I mean, the studio that everyone wants to have making the next Metroid game literally just finished a game!
They actually have been working on two games, one is Tropical Freeze... The other... :dr^_^:

BugDoctor

Smash Apprentice
I'm sort of hoping that we get a non-character specific trailer, to be honest. It's been a long time since the initial reveal, and so it would be cool to just get a second large trailer showing a few more veterans that we know are going to be in it (such as Diddy, Yoshi and Wario), and then a newcomer after all of the reveals that were expected.

One newcomer plus two vets would use a row on the website. Pretty convenient that it's halted at an even row right now after the announcement of Lucario's return.

Either way, I'm pretty sure we'll get a newcomer tomorrow. There's a strong possibility that it's DK-related...and if that's the case then I'd really want to see K. Rool rather than Dixie.

CONSIDER ME PUMPED!

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The guy from Next Level games said to tune into the direct!

I am going to nonsensically believe that there will be a reveal for a new Punch-Out!!! game and Little Mac will be shown for Smash!

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Calm yourself, man. You don't wanna get your hopes too high for nothing.

If you do see your dream's become reality tomorrow, THEN you can explode.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
The guy from Next Level games said to tune into the direct!

I am going to nonsensically believe that there will be a reveal for a new Punch-Out!!! game and Little Mac will be shown for Smash!
Please, be Mario Strikers U, be Mario Strikers U! I'm serious, if we get a newcomer reveal, a new Metroid AND a new Mario Strikers I'm gonna need a hospital.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Would prefer Punch-Out!!!, but would not be disappointed with Strikers.

BugDoctor

Smash Apprentice
Should also be noted (not sure if it was earlier) that Soraya Saga, who is heavily involved in the Xeno series, retweeted about the Direct.

Maybe we'll get some solid info on X.

...and perhaps a reveal for Shulk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom