• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIRST NINTENDO DIRECT OF 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
Starts off with a jungle scene.
Donkey Kong is giving Olimar, Toon Link and Pikachu a tour of the jungle.
Out of no where Bowser jumps from a nearby mountain and shakes the ground.
Olimar falls on his feet as his Pikmin help him up.
DK growls and bangs on his chest.
Pikachu's cheeks begin to swell with electricity.
Toon Link draws his sword.
Bowser breathes fire and kills off all the Pikmin.
He punches Olimar and sends him flying into the trees.
DK and Pikachu jump back from the flames.
Toon Link blocks it with his shield.
The fire stops.
Toon Link runs at him.
Bowser sends him flying with a devastating drop kick.
Pikachu charges in and conjures up a lightning storm.
Bowser uses his whirling fortress to spin through it unscathed.
He crashes right into Pikachu and sends him flying.
He then quickly bites onto DK's arm.
He throws him into a rock wall.
He begins preparing to breath fire on a helpless DK.
Out of nowhere he is shot in the mouth with a peanut.
He looks around and sees the tops of a few trees moving and something jumping from each one.
He tries to run at it.
But he cannot move.
He looks down and his foot is stuck in bubblegum.
He finally breaks free and falls to the ground.
He looks up to see two badass mother ****ing monkeys starting down at him.
Diddy Kong & Dixie Kong swing into battle!
Dixie Kong proceeds to pick Bowser up with her ponytail and hurl him into the air.
Diddy Kong flies up with his jet pack and shoots him back down to the ground with his duel peanut guns.
Bowser slams into the dirt.
He looks up to see a pissed off DK staring daggers into his eyes.
Diddy and Dixie on his shoulders looking down at him.
They jump off as DK begins to wind his punch up.
Bowser gets up and tries to use his new found running skills to sprint away.
Only to slip on a banana peel.
He gets back up and turns around to see a DK punch heading straight for his face.
He gets sent flying into the distance.
DK, Diddy and Dixie all do a happy monkey dance.
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U & 3DS.

Last edited:

bentendo222

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad they decided to have the Nintendo Direct in the afternoon. I usually miss the morning directs because I have school. The downside of having it in the afternoon is that I have to wait longer than I normally do.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
Guy from Gaf posted this:
Got some potentially interesting speculation for you guys.

A buddy of mine who works in Nintendo's marketing department just sent me a pic of Smash Bros. Wii U pre-order cards at Target - apparently they just became available this week. The thing is, Target only puts these pre-order cards out up to a few months before a game's projected release, which means if Target is putting these out now, Smash has to be coming out sooner than the holidays... it's very possible that it's summer if this Target indication is anything to go by.

Just food for thought!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

A buddy of mine who works in Nintendo's marketing department just sent me a pic of Smash Bros. Wii U pre-order cards at Target - apparently they just became available this week. The thing is, Target only puts these pre-order cards out up to a few months before a game's projected release, which means if Target is putting these out now, Smash has to be coming out sooner than the holidays... it's very possible that it's summer if this Target indication is anything to go by.

Just food for thought!
Summer consist of which months exactly? If they are going to release the game earlier, then I think they should start revealing characters more often... Unless there aren't many characters to reveal anymore. lol

Last edited:
So while we wait, would you rather a new character or gameplay footage? Honestly, if it's a DK character that isn't K. Rool or Yoshi+Baby Mario I'd rather just have footage instead to be honest.

Reila

So while we wait, would you rather a new character or gameplay footage? Honestly, if it's a DK character that isn't K. Rool or Yoshi+Baby Mario I'd rather just have footage instead to be honest.
A newcomer. I will see lots of footage of the game when I play it.

There are lots of characters I'd like to see, like Dixie, K. Rool, Ridley, Little Mac, Takamaru, Palutena...

...Then again, the same could be said about the newcomers, but still... newcomers.

Not to mention, there will be more gameplay footage in a new character trailer.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I think today's pic of the day will be the biggest tell.

If it's Diddy, I dunno what to expect from Smash at the direct. Confirming a Diddy+Dixie tag team would make sense.

If it's a "hey there's a nintendo direct today" pic, then newcomer.

If it's a fake fluff pic, then I dunno what to expect.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord

Just food for thought!
Pre-order cards?
Maybe we'll see a Smash release date tomorrow.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace

Just food for thought!

If i can remember right super mario sunshine came with a pre-order card to back in the day.So if this guy is telling the truth we should be getting a release date soon?

Reila

I think today's pic of the day will be the biggest tell.

If it's Diddy, I dunno what to expect from Smash at the direct. Confirming a Diddy+Dixie tag team would make sense.

If it's a "hey there's a nintendo direct today" pic, then newcomer.

If it's a fake fluff pic, then I dunno what to expect.
Uh.. If it's Diddy in the PotD, we should expect a newcomer, no?

If he isn't in the PotD, then we should worry, since they might want to reveal him in the Nintendo Direct.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I'd like a newcomer. But I really do doubt they'd reveal two characters on the same day in a non-E3 event.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Pre-order cards?
Maybe we'll see a Smash release date tomorrow.
I went to target on the 8th and saw them, can confirm that they are there. (I freaked out in the middle of the store and got stares but idc smash lol)
For how long they've been up, i am not sure, however. MK8 was the only other game with cards out i believe

Last edited:

Reila

Revealing a veteran and a newcomer in the same day isn't a big deal, especially if the newcomer is related to the veteran (Dixie or maybe K. Rool)

Edit: Holy **** at my post count :O

Last edited:

Dairz

Smash Ace
What if they reveal Diddy with the PoTD, then during the direct announce a newcomer?
A double reveal would make me just

Last edited:

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
As long as we get Diddy in some way, shape, or form by the end of the week I'll be happy. If he needs to be paired with Dixie that's fine by me. More room for K.Rool. And about the Yoshi/BabyMario thing, I just don't buy it. Yoshi is unique enough as is. Could he use some buffs, sure, but carrying around a baby version of a character that we have already had more than one of in a previous iteration(Melee) is just nonsense. No chance.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
Remember Diddy could be held till next week for DK being released in NA.

Staarih

Smash Master
So we do get a Direct, cool! With it coinciding with TF, I'm sensing a DK newcomer. Maybe they'll have a double announcement for K. Rool: hey look, you can find him in both TF and Smash 4!

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I went to target on the 8th and saw them, can confirm that they are there. (I freaked out in the middle of the store and got stares but idc smash lol)
For how long they've been up, i am not sure, however. MK8 was the only other game with cards out i believe
O RLY?

That's pretty freakin' interesting. I wonder if Target threw out everything a little too early. Maybe this direct really will reveal a release date (or a month's time frame), and then stores will start accepting pre-orders.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm sorry to be such a noob, but can someone tell me how many hours until the direct now? It's been postponed in Australia until our morning, so I'm going to watch the American one.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I'm sorry to be such a noob, but can someone tell me how many hours until the direct now? It's been postponed in Australia until our morning, so I'm going to watch the American one.
I think about 17 hours, minus the minutes past the current hour.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
SUPER SMASH BROS TO FEATURE IN TODAY’S NINTENDO DIRECT?

Super Smash Bros. director Masahiro Sakurai has tweeted abouttoday’s Nintendo Direct, reminding his followers that the broadcast will air at 7 a.m. in Japan. He, among other designers, also retweeted the official Nintendo Direct announcement, which lets fans know that the presentation will focus on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U titles releasing by the end of spring. Although Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U won’t be out before then, Sakurai’s tweets suggest that some sort of news regarding the fighting game will be shared today. http://mynintendonews.com/2014/02/13/super-smash-bros-to-feature-in-todays-nintendo-direct/

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I'm guessing dual Diddy and Dixie reveal. Not tagteam, just the two revealed

Gut feeling type of thing.

Last edited:

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
Thanks. That's the maths I did - but thought it was a weird time for a direct. I'm going to be at work :'(
I clock out an hour later. I was planning on going straight to a placement test at my new school, BUT I GUESS THAT'S NOT HAPPENING NOW IS IT? :rotfl:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
So I don't wanna miss this, what time will this be for a Californian?! I really wanna watch it live! :D

Dairz

Smash Ace
Thanks. That's the maths I did - but thought it was a weird time for a direct. I'm going to be at work :'(
Bummer, man! I WOULD be at school, but we have the rest of the week off for conferences.

(Thank you god of parent-teacher-conferences)

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
This was posted in the rumors and leaks thread, it pertains to the direct so i will post it here. Thanks to @Hoots for finding this

I doubt the release date for 3ds version being first, but i've been wrong before.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom