• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIRST.NAME.BASIS - NOID + Takeover are good!

Kenrawr

Smash Master
zak play LoL with me jerkfgt

we should also use vent instead of skype when it comes to gaming

@cafe wasn't it like china bistro?

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
yea I used vent with the smashboards Lol players...its pretty nice...its low Ram so if your game lags with skype it shouldnt lag with vent.

Coney

Smash Master
kenny i don't wanna play with you if your game is being all poopy though

and what essentially makes vent better? just the lower memory footprint?

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I mean from a COMPETITIVE stand point its probably bettter because of a few of the features

like push button to talk so you haev to press a key to get your mic to pick up (like xbox live)

but if you just ****ing around and talking...then skype is good

Coney

Smash Master
I mean from a COMPETITIVE stand point its probably bettter because of a few of the features

like push button to talk so you haev to press a key to get your mic to pick up (like xbox live)

but if you just ****ing around and talking...then skype is good
yeah but like

why is that better

i don't know any features that one program could include that would give it an edge over another, except having a lower memory use so the game could perform better

push-to-talk seems kinda inhibitory tbh, just adds another input to induce communication. i'd rather be on constant talk with my teammates, unless there's a reason you wouldn't want to be? i guess the inclusion of the button kinda implies that one should only talk when it's necessary at that point, but i actually like being able to hear everything my teammates say, so long as they're not being a chatty kathy

also i guess that could be good for FPS and sound-dependent games, but there's never a situation in LoL where i'm like DID YOU HEAR THAT

Kenrawr

Smash Master
constant talk with danny includes EEEEEEALFDJSADECHOECHOECHOEAASDLASASLDFKCHEESYLINENASUSSAYS in the background

i like push to talk tbh. are you really gonna complain about another key input? it's LoL.

also idk, generally gamers use vent more. for whatever reason i can't use skype when i play LoL =/ that's what caused me to lag apparently. (I told you this last night, guess you never had any intentions of inviting me into your party fatass!)

the input/output is easier to adjust in vent, too. i can never get anyone "just right" on skype.

the 3 things i like about skype

1. text chat

2. laughing! no one is gonna push to talk to laugh. dat's just lame

3. having Ein's huge face as my display pic

Coney

Smash Master
that's good that you figured out what was making you lag, if it really was skype then that's reason in and of itself rofl

the push-to-talk isn't so much a problem as my incorporation of it. it's just another thing to get used to, something i'm not familiar with, and i don't wanna miss an MIA call and get blamed because i wasn't holding ctrl while doing it

and man we were full last night, it was me, chris, ben, drew, and chris' friend ryan, that's usually who we play with

but yeah we should play tonight

also i agree about the laughing, i love getting an outrageous gank or having something happen and everyone just starts losing it. tbh i'm sure there's an option for turning on live mic, and i plan on doing it!

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
also i guess that could be good for FPS and sound-dependent games, but there's never a situation in LoL where i'm like DID YOU HEAR THAT
"SHHHH, I Think I heard garen in that bush...quiet screams of Demacia"

but in all honesty there really isn't a Time in the game where I could think of someone being like

"WELL IF I WOULD HAVE HEARD ASHE SHOOT THAT ARROW I WOULDN'T HAVE EVEN BEEN OVER THERE"

global hearin in that game would ruin a lot I think...lol

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
yea I actually haven't played brawl in about 3 weeks now outside of some free for alls at Pax

(where kids were amazed by arrow loops...Lol)

I'm about that legend now...that League of Legends

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I was kinda thinking the same thing...You guys seem to just be throwing tourneys up now and there will be little to no hype for them if this continues.

Coney

Smash Master
we've been kinda dead for a while, i think vgbc is just compensating for the lack of activity in this region recently...it's not gonna kill the hype if there's no hype to begin with, ya digg?

and yeah david likes hon better. pretty much everyone i've showed lol to has lamented "but it looks so SIMPLE" and i don't know how to counter that line of thinking...i try to say something along the lines of, the complexity doesn't come in the game itself, but rather in the dynamics of the team composition, the spacing and zoning of spells and attacks, and the management of creeps/buffs

but then they just look at me like i'm trying to make it more than what it is, or like i play it as seriously as i do smash or something which is most definitely not true

what's a goof to do

but then i tell them azen is the best lux and they're like OMFG AZEN :D *slurp*

off-tank is my official favorite class of character btw, i thought i just liked tanks but shen and rammus are way too boring...i'll still play amumu every once in a while but it's only because i just love amumu

main off-tank (nunu, singed, gragas)
second ranged dps (kogmaw, miss fortune, teemo)

hells yeah

Kenrawr

Smash Master
at first i didn't like LoL because of how simple it was. now i like it for that same reason ;o i can play this game with anyone!

Coney

Smash Master
at first i didn't like LoL because of how simple it was. now i like it for that same reason ;o i can play this game with anyone!
i saw that edit (d)

dude if i were to get into any game competitively other than smash, it'd be mortal kombat, but i hear they don't do fatalities at tournaments because it's both disrespectful and time-wasting.

it's like the MK equivalent of no-contesting lmfao

Coney

Smash Master
dude EVO already picked it up for this year though, they did before it even got released lmfao

i'm saying if it WERE actually any good for tournaments, i'd do it...but people are coming out already with over 100% combos with a bunch of different characters. sub zero seems to be the biggest offender, go figure

Top Bottom