• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First hit Nair>Dash attack combo (+vid)

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
The video showing the first hit Nair combo is found here: http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=UY6TPcHZy_k

This combo sets you up for possible follow ups nicely ^_^
And this combo works on all characters, too ^_^

also, as a FF'd Nair is a 'safer' approach than a Dash attack, this combo is a good way to get a dash attack in, wich in turn sets you up nicely for possible follow ups.

Smash Apprentice
The video showing the first hit Nair combo is found here: http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=UY6TPcHZy_k

This combo sets you up for possible follow ups nicely ^_^
And this combo works on all characters, too ^_^

also, as a FF'd Nair is a 'safer' approach than a Dash attack, this combo is a good way to get a dash attack in, wich in turn sets you up nicely for possible follow ups.
It seems quite useful, but not many people will let you Nair them while they just stand there ;<

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I just messed around with this a few minutes ago, definitely nice for followups.
I had a FF Nair > Dash attack > Nair > Uair among some other nice followups.
Anything after the Nair > Dash attack is escapable but what isn't in Brawl? Predict and follow up.
Good find!

Ne Derceh

Smash Cadet
knee, must you post new threads for EVERY single thing you find? This is blatantly obvious as a combo to anyone with half a brain. And whatis with the knee followers? Half the boards and probobaly all the noobs hang off his every word whether or not it's a crap idea or combo or whatever and even if it is pure ****. I'm sick off him and his random cockiness and his stupid little followers who think he is great. You should all be following someone better like Ayaz18. Also the sheer number of people ignorant to how bad falcon is quite staggering, or no, worrying. I also want ayaz to finish his guide, it's by far the best, and has the potential to get easily past Knee's and Face's if he made it bigger.

Player-3

Smash Hero
knee, must you post new threads for EVERY single thing you find? This is blatantly obvious as a combo to anyone with half a brain. And whatis with the knee followers? Half the boards and probobaly all the noobs hang off his every word whether or not it's a crap idea or combo or whatever and even if it is pure ****. I'm sick off him and his random cockiness and his stupid little followers who think he is great. You should all be following someone better like Ayaz18. Also the sheer number of people ignorant to how bad falcon is quite staggering, or no, worrying. I also want ayaz to finish his guide, it's by far the best, and has the potential to get easily past Knee's and Face's if he made it bigger.
maybe we dont have half a brain?

Roderick

Smash Apprentice
Maybe you don't have half a brain, ***hole.

__V

Smash Journeyman
Cowardly troll is cowardly.

I prefer to grab after Nair, but this looks good too.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Wow... I hope you didn't make an account just to post this... great first post, eh?

Falcon is bad. I think we ALL realize this. We are here because we enjoy the character and don't care that he is bad. What does it matter to you that Knee posts a lot of finds? Falcon needs everything he can get his hands on and simple things like this help. Who says we follow every word Knee says? I think most people in the Falcon boards just appreciate that somebody out there is working to find combo/string starters. Falcon is bad. Again we ALL know this, some of us just like a challenge and want to show the boards his potential and get rid of the title of "worst character in the game."

I don't see many other people working as hard for Falcon as Knee does, so whether he is the best or not, thanks for keeping the Falcon boards alive and giving me something to do in Brawl because let's be honest... G&W is too straightforward of a character for me to need to spend a lot of time on :p

_Tiamat_

Smash Apprentice
1: I think everyone here knows Falcon is a **** character

2: an inescapable follow up in Brawl is a find worth making a whole topic

3: All of your posts are useless and spam, reported. Falcon would be ashamed of you

Zeallyx

Random cockiness ^_^
I don't have followers you silly, those are just jokes

also, good first post ^_^ but no one is ignorant to how bad falcon is, we all know.
you are ignorant to how we aren't ignorant ^_^

and if this is obvious, well, great ^_^ but I haven't heard about it before, so I share ^_^

also, how many things have you found? ^_^ so, start finding things! but remember, don't make a topic for each thing you find, 'cause you might get sick of yourself, too ^_^

Ne Derceh

Smash Cadet
1: I think everyone here knows Falcon is a **** character

2: an inescapable follow up in Brawl is a find worth making a whole topic

3: All of your posts are useless and spam, reported. Falcon would be ashamed of you
Firstly, if people were thinking that it was 60-40 falcon's favour against squirtle, then they don't. It's clearly Squirtle's favour.

2.not if it is useless. Grab is completely better, or jab. For almost all reasons. Not threadworthy if it is blatantly obvious.

3. I have one post, and it's the truth tbh.

And, the fact that this is my first post isn't relevant at all. I've been on these boards probably longer than some of you who replied I would I think. The falcon boards at least. Actually, I suppose what I said about knee was a bit unfair, he's ok. But there are people far more deserving of the attention he gets.

stiné

Smash Rookie
Derceh. Mustpost new post for EVERY single idiot thought you have. Lighten up a bit. Were all trying to find ways of making falcon better even if it means posting every single find.

Zeallyx

Firstly, if people were thinking that it was 60-40 falcon's favour against squirtle, then they don't. It's clearly falcons favour.

2.not if it is useless. Grab is completely better, or jab. For almost all reasons. Not threadworthy if it is blatantly obvious.

3. I have one post, and it's the truth tbh.

And, the fact that this is my first post isn't relevant at all. I've been on these boards probably longer than some of you who replied I would I think. The falcon boards at least. Actually, I suppose what I said about knee was a bit unfair, he's ok. But there are people far more deserving of the attention he gets.
I find it funny how you are acting like this thread is a spam thread ^_^
go find something 'useful' yourself ^_^ we need every little thing, so please contribute ^_^

Ne Derceh

Smash Cadet
Random cockiness ^_^

I remeber in a thread a while back you telling someone they were wrong, and they should accept it, despite them having a simple discussion with you. Most of their points were actually quite relevant.

I don't have followers you silly, those are just jokes

Considering the stream of posts after mine, you do.

also, good first post ^_^ but no one is ignorant to how bad falcon is, we all know.

Please look through the PT match-up thread and reconsider that.

you are ignorant to how we aren't ignorant ^_^

Baseless statements aren't relevant in a serious argument. Mindless contradiction is a poor retaliation. I'm not ignorant, if you want proof continue reading or start a falcon based argument with me.

and if this is obvious, well, great ^_^ but I haven't heard about it before, so I share ^_^

Well actually, I remember one of Hiza's friends going crazy at you. Must be poor memory.

also, how many things have you found? ^_^ so, start finding things! but remember, don't make a topic for each thing you find, 'cause you might get sick of yourself, too ^_^
Actually, I could sit down and and do blatantly obvious N-air ac combos or a few combo, but its not worth it. How about second hit of N-air combos at lower percents. It has knockback trajectory similar to B-air, so could possibly combo into things like dash a and dash grab. N-air jump Rar'd U-air, theres possibly one. B-air and U-air will have lots of combos at lower percents, I could post about them but frankly, there are better options so whats the point.

And dude, go easy on the happy face things. You seem to have a new trend of doing it about twice per small post. I think it was about 8 this post.

Player-3

Smash Hero
okay, so just because were trying to rid the falcon boards of a flamer it means were followers of knee?...

its called friendship
please just stop flaming us... yes the combos he posts are obvious but sometimes people dont know this stuff because they might not own the game or something?...

Ne Derceh

Smash Cadet
okay, so just because were trying to rid the falcon boards of a flamer it means were followers of knee?...

its called friendship
please just stop flaming us... yes the combos he posts are obvious but sometimes people dont know this stuff because they might not own the game or something?...
people, realise the focal point of my post was not about the usefulness of this thread, but rather why people should stop looking up to knee so much. Maybe he finds some good stuff, but other people are more deserving of some of the attention he gets and should be credited.

Maybe you don't have a wii, but if you are knowledgeable enough to contribute to match-up thread you're knowledgeable enough to realise this without knee's thread and video. Rid the falcon boards of a flamer, ok, not flaming back or anything, not at all. [/sarcasm]

Zeallyx

Actually, I could sit down and and do blatantly obvious N-air ac combos or a few combo, but its not worth it. How about second hit of N-air combos at lower percents. It has knockback trajectory similar to B-air, so could possibly combo into things like dash a and dash grab. N-air jump Rar'd U-air, theres possibly one. B-air and U-air will have lots of combos at lower percents, I could post about them but frankly, there are better options so whats the point.

And dude, go easy on the happy face things. You seem to have a new trend of doing it about twice per small post. I think it was about 8 this post.
I tested falling Uair on lower percents ^_^ it combo's only into jab(>jab>)grabs ^_^

Player-3

Smash Hero
people, realise the focal point of my post was not about the usefulness of this thread, but rather why people should stop looking up to knee so much. Maybe he finds some good stuff, but other people are more deserving of some of the attention he gets and should be credited.

Maybe you don't have a wii, but if you are knowledgeable enough to contribute to match-up thread you're knowledgeable enough to realise this without knee's thread and video. Rid the falcon boards of a flamer, ok, not flaming back or anything, not at all. [/sarcasm]
i like you.
i dont look up to knee i respect him, i respect everyone here Ayaz the most because of some of the crazy **** he can do

Ne Derceh

Smash Cadet
I'm not wrong ^_^ maybe dash attack, but even if you are right, it's nothing right? like the combo in this thread ^_^
Well, you were wrong. Yes, dash attack is useless, I think you get it now. But I didn't make a new thread about it.

i like you.
i dont look up to knee i respect him, i respect everyone here Ayaz the most because of some of the crazy **** he can do
Good. I've never spoken to you before but based on your posts and sig you seem a funny like-able person. That isn't always apparent to me, but what is is the honor Knee receives for simple discoveries other people could find, but wouldn't get as much praise for. Not saying you're one of the praisers though, so please don't think I have anything against you.

_Tiamat_

Smash Apprentice
it was really just someone storming in and throwing a pack of insults as their first post that got to me, it didn't had anything to do with the thread it was in, just seemed kinda rude and unnecessary. But good to see everything seem cool now

Wogrim

Smash Lord
This is a dumb thread. With all the other recent discoveries of what NAir combos into, this should have been pretty obvious, and if it wasn't then you post it in either the NAir thread, the TKONTK's findings thread, or your combo thread.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
You guys gotta learn to flame back like the marth boards.

Son, talk like that is gonna get you banned, and flamed. If you don't like the credit Knee gets then suck it up.

People like you make me puke sometimes, really.

Ne Derceh

Smash Cadet
You guys gotta learn to flame back like the marth boards.

So, what was half of the first page of this thread, praising me? l2r

Son, talk like that is gonna get you banned, and flamed. If you don't like the credit Knee gets then suck it up.

Well, apparently not yet. Irrelevant, if all people n this board can do is flame their arguments mus be pretty weak. And actually, When i quoted knee's first post against me and posted all of my counter points, no-one had a counter argument. So I'm actually the one winning the argument currently, unless you care to fight back and embarrass yourself. I'm not jealous of knee's credit or anything, but there are people more deserving, and who don't get an automatic "great thread" post for every thread they do.

People like you make me puke sometimes, really.
lol. You make me laugh sir, considering you are one of Knee's lesser followers. If you care for proof I'll be glad to quote threads in which your post consisted of something like "well done knee, very good", whereas respectable members didn't say that and actually contributed. You aren't really that bad though, you have only done it a few times. That is what suggests to me the weakness of the pro-knee argument, the fact that respectable members haven't posted a good argument in his favor yet.

DarX, I laugh at you. When you posted that MK's effect on the tier list post I laughed. It was pretty much all complete bs, and I remember someone in the Falcon boards just taking apart your poor argument bit by bit. The only noteworthy thing I have seen you do is that Index thread, which anyone could have done and doesn't even have Hiza's Captain Corridor thread in it.

Ne Derceh

Smash Cadet
I don't really care if I double posted tbh. I'm gonna deal with the majority of the potsts i ignored on the first page.

Maybe you don't have half a brain, ***hole.
As opposed to you, being a genius. I've seen your posts, you calling me stupid pretty much means I don't even have to reply because you're making yourself look silly anyway.

Cowardly troll is cowardly.

I prefer to grab after Nair, but this looks good too.
It isn't. You are right, grab or double jab cancel grab is probably always the better option. Cowardly troll eh? Well considering I'm standing up to Knee and his followers, which is about half the boards then I would think it isn't cowardly.

Wow... I hope you didn't make an account just to post this... great first post, eh?

Falcon is bad. I think we ALL realize this.

PT match-up thread springs to mind.

We are here because we enjoy the character and don't care that he is bad.
What does it matter to you that Knee posts a lot of finds? Falcon needs everything he can get his hands on and simple things like this help.

No, they educate people and mislead them. People should ignore this, realise its almost useless as of now and just do grab or jab cancel grab.

Who says we follow every word Knee says?

I do. And some other people do, but it doesn't need to be said, its obvious anyway.

I think most people in the Falcon boards just appreciate that somebody out there is working to find combo/string starters. Falcon is bad. Again we ALL know this, some of us just like a challenge and want to show the boards his potential and get rid of the title of "worst character in the game."

Tough. The SBR wouldn't say he is the worst character twice if it was an empty statement.

I don't see many other people working as hard for Falcon as Knee does, so whether he is the best or not, thanks for keeping the Falcon boards alive and giving me something to do in Brawl because let's be honest... G&W is too straightforward of a character for me to need to spend a lot of time on :p
@The GaW part, true words my friend.

Derceh. Mustpost new post for EVERY single idiot thought you have. Lighten up a bit. Were all trying to find ways of making falcon better even if it means posting every single find.
lol. What a weak argument. I have one post. Maybe state that it is useless so as not to mislead people.

I find it funny how you are acting like this thread is a spam thread ^_^
go find something 'useful' yourself ^_^ we need every little thing, so please contribute ^_^
No, more likely you need every single useful thing. I find it funny how people fail to find a competent argument in your favor.

This is a dumb thread. With all the other recent discoveries of what NAir combos into, this should have been pretty obvious, and if it wasn't then you post it in either the NAir thread, the TKONTK's findings thread, or your combo thread.
Exactly.

Mit

Smash Ace
Wat.

You seem to be giving this board too much thought, sir. TKONTK does not have "followers". There are not people who wait for his every post and then hail it as the next best thing. There are merely lots of happy people here who post in just about every thread. Yes the general feel given off by this board can be a little annoying, but you aren't going to change it, so just ignore it. Wait for any actually useful threads that pop up from time to time and read those.

Also, most people here do know how bad Falcon is, even if they seem to get excited over every little new thing. As I stated before, people here just like posting a lot. Some have a bit of a misunderstanding of Falcon, like you said, in the Pit topic (also some talk in the tier threads), but that does not happen often, and can be dealt with as it happens, just like any other argument/debate on forums.

As far as people trying too hard and wasting work on the lowest tier character in the game, we all just love Falcon more than any other character in the game. Sucks if some other, higher-tier characters don't get as much attention, but we certainly aren't going to jump ship anytime soon. Plus, this is Brawl. I don't think tiers matter less in any other fighting game. If a Falcon player possesses a lot more skill than an opponent using a much higher-tier character, he easily has a chance at winning (hence, Rebaz).

Anyhow, this thread in particular is indeed a bit useless, and could've been secluded to TKONTK's finding thread (especially since this was pretty much assumed from the other, much more useful combos discovered from AC first-hit nair.) No need to go ape**** over it though.

Ne Derceh

Smash Cadet
Wat.

You seem to be giving this board too much thought, sir. TKONTK does not have "followers". There are not people who wait for his every post and then hail it as the next best thing. There are merely lots of happy people here who post in just about every thread. Yes the general feel given off by this board can be a little annoying, but you aren't going to change it, so just ignore it. Wait for any actually useful threads that pop up from time to time and read those.

Yes, there are people who do that. The main concern is people who hang off his words, when sometimes he posts incorrect info. That means people take to heart the things he says, and they might be wrong. And am I not? I think people will be more conscious when posting a reply to one of his threads, not to post something like "well done knee" and leave it at that. And I think perhaps Knee himself will be less likely to post useless info.

Also, most people here do know how bad Falcon is, even if they seem to get excited over every little new thing. As I stated before, people here just like posting a lot. Some have a bit of a misunderstanding of Falcon, like you said, in the Pit topic (also some talk in the tier threads), but that does not happen often, and can be dealt with as it happens, just like any other argument/debate on forums.

Some people don't know, and still think he is a good character and may have good matchups.

As far as people trying too hard and wasting work on the lowest tier character in the game, we all just love Falcon more than any other character in the game. Sucks if some other, higher-tier characters don't get as much attention, but we certainly aren't going to jump ship anytime soon. Plus, this is Brawl. I don't think tiers matter less in any other fighting game. If a Falcon player possesses a lot more skill than an opponent using a much higher-tier character, he easily has a chance at winning (hence, Rebaz).

Anyhow, this thread in particular is indeed a bit useless, and could've been secluded to TKONTK's finding thread (especially since this was pretty much assumed from the other, much more useful combos discovered from AC first-hit nair.) No need to go ape**** over it though.
Its not just this thread, btw. He has made loads, like the stream of "b-air uses thread <3" and stuff like that. And its not just the fact that he makes useless threads, its the attention he gets for it and the misleading info sometimes.

Oh, and nice to see you Mit :) I thought you had left the boards or Falcon altogether.

Lareit

Smash Ace
Its not just this thread, btw. He has made loads, like the stream of "b-air uses thread <3" and stuff like that. And its not just the fact that he makes useless threads, its the attention he gets for it and the misleading info sometimes.

Oh, and nice to see you Mit :) I thought you had left the boards or Falcon altogether.
Anyone who constantly takes the time to test all the various move sets falcon has for potential true combo's deserves at least acknowledgement of some kind. The fact you attacked him for it makes you a douche.

Ne Derceh

Smash Cadet
Anyone who constantly takes the time to test all the various move sets falcon has for potential true combo's deserves at least acknowledgement of some kind. The fact you attacked him for it makes you a douche.
I made many points beside the fact of him getting loads of attention, l2r. The fact that these were dismissed makes you ignorant and an idiot.

Ne Derceh

Smash Cadet
^_^ please list my incorrect and misleading information
Exactly what I was thinking.
Hahahah. I get the impression you two think Knee hasn't given any misleading or incorrect info, but I'll prove you wrong.

Firstly, the lots of thread with N-air combos and dashing knee combos, this is going to lead people astray and make them want to approach with those attack, that is bad. I find it quite ironic that Face124 posted here aswell, since he is guilty of this also.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=214694
lol. See the stream of posts after with stuff like "you are great" or "lets find more advantageous match-ups"? Yeh, if the PT mains hadn't come in and made things right then about half the Falcon boards would have still thought it was Falcon's favour. Irrelevant if you crossed it out, it was there, wasn't it?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=215597
Possibly the most ******** thread ever. Almost all of the move strings are not sensible, and no info other than the actual combs is mildly useful. Also, you made a BIG error in not including that almost all of the N-air combos don't work on over half the cast.

How about the stream of grab release threads which are easily escapable?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=208534 - or this, its so wrong in almost every case. You didn't say they definitely worked, but misleading nonetheless.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=213820
Without proper testing, was said to be inescapable.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=215405
Half of this stuff isn't even an OoS option, its just something you do after the shield is done. Do you even know what OoS means?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=208868
That used to say infinite CG on wario, remember? I definitely do.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=214755
lol

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=214807
Another useless misleading thread, and you could have easily posted this in the Q&A thread. It is a spam thread.

Not misleading, but a random spam thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=213772

IASA frames with no proof at all, and it wasn't true anyway:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=213648
Irrelevant if you changed the title, it was there once.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=213030
lol. Its called using a special.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=211083
You listed like, every move that could be done after jab, and said that they all had their uses, no, they don't.

Need I go on? Oh, yes, the "<3 B-air" or whatever aerials threads, pointlessly apart, when they could have been combined easily and not clogged up the boards. There are more, but why list them? I think you get the idea. Also your IASA frames thread that I couldn't find, it was wrong. U-smash has no IASA frames.

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
Hahahah. I get the impression you two think Knee hasn't given any misleading or incorrect info, but I'll prove you wrong.
You're quite an angry little basturd aren't you?

What does it matter to you if Knee has ever written anything incorrect or flawed?

Why do you hate him so much? Did he **** your mother or something? ...because FYI, she asks for it.

Smash Apprentice
Well, on the one hand side it's obviously just the will to help Falcon players from KNEE's side, but on the other hand all these threads can be, indeed, very misleading.
These threads create the impression that Falcon is all about his combos and that attacks and combos = tactics.
It's weird that you refuse saying incorrect things while you just posted "Uair to jab is a combo" in this thread.
The problem is: while you focus on trying out and pulling off all these combos you will have an unavoidable lack of attention to your spacing and momentum 'n stuff.
What ayaz understood is that it's rather the practical skill and the basics that make a player really good, but pulling off escapable combos.
You say that Falcon is the worst of the worst while you say that PT vs Falcon is in Falcons favor.

Zeallyx

Well, on the one hand side it's obviously just the will to help Falcon players from KNEE's side, but on the other hand all these threads can be, indeed, very misleading.
These threads create the impression that Falcon is all about his combos and that attacks and combos = tactics.
It's weird that you refuse saying incorrect things while you just posted "Uair to jab is a combo" in this thread.
The problem is: while you focus on trying out and pulling off all these combos you will have an unavoidable lack of attention to your spacing and momentum 'n stuff.
What ayaz understood is that it's rather the practical skill and the basics that make a player really good, but pulling off escapable combos.
You say that Falcon is the worst of the worst while you say that PT vs Falcon is in Falcons favor.
I'm not saying you should focus on using combo's ^_^
and one matchup in falcon's advantage does not lift him out of bottom of bottom ^_^

Face124

Smash Ace
Edinburgh. Pm for a Brawl and I'll get back to you
You're quite an angry little basturd aren't you?

What does it matter to you if Knee has ever written anything incorrect or flawed?

Why do you hate him so much? Did he **** your mother or something? ...because FYI, she asks for it.
I lol'd so much its unbelievable.

Agreed. Why so much hate for Knee? Maybe he has made a few mistakes and errors over the months, but you can't expect someone who contributes and helps this much to be right every time. Just cool down a bit, you don't see Knee going all crazy and throwing around insults.

Lareit

Smash Ace
I made many points beside the fact of him getting loads of attention, l2r. The fact that these were dismissed makes you ignorant and an idiot.
Lawlz, you expected me to read indepth in the posts of someone who's first post(and thus an alt troll account) was bashing?

You need more TrollFU.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
F****** troll. This was a great first impression.

People liked my thread. It was my analysis. The information that i observed.

Knees threads have helped. You think we would be better off without them?

Who the hell do you think you are? I don't see you contributing one bit. You're just getting people angry.

Top Bottom