• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First Florida PR's, Under Construction

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Alright, im not sure if everyone agrees just yet, but I think its bout time we get this show on the road.

The first step before we can consider anyone for ANYTHING is figuring out the group of people, or panelists, that will decide just whom deservs what place and why, so on and so forth.

I say we need a group of around 5-6 people, from different regions of the state, that have been to the majority of tourniments, played a number of the people being considered, has access to, or knows brackets (who played/beat/lossed to who) and also is interested in making a fair, unbiased list for Power rankings, which, hopefully, most people will agree with.

Some people's names have already been mentioned in the other PR's thread, and so far here are the nominees for Panelists of the 2008 first Florida Power Rankings.

I think the best way to do this is for everyone that is interested, posts what six people should be involved, as well as what region/area each person is from. Keep in mind, the people have to be from a vast variety of areas for the PR's to properly be created.

As a person gets a vote, i'll add their name to the list above, and add a tally mark, I believe thats best.
If you have any comments you'd like to make on the group you've selected, or someone else, feel free to bring them up as this is an open-ended discussion..

KEEP IN MIND

This thread is in no way a discussion involving the power rankings themselves, I do not want to hear anyone debating who they think will place higher than who, who does better, none of that. This is strictly to decide panelists.... For now.

I'll keep this post updated with information and such.

I'll also cast my own vote at the end of the week, if needed.

Well, hope this works -crosses fingers-

A quick note:

If I don't hear from the nominees by the end of the week, im assuming you have no issues being a panelist. If someone chooses to decline the nomination, it must be done before the end of the voting, and the next spot opens to the others with the highest votes.

P.S.S. Try not to vote for urself if it can be avoided, unless u've already been nominated and such.

Thought of somethin else:
Thinkin bout seperatin the list into their regions, then takin top 1 or two from each region, rather than top 6 overall. Thoughts? If I've made any mistakes as far as where someone belongs, notify me please. Thanks much.

SFL:
Seibrik- IIII IIII
Linguini- IIII II
Equi- I
Doodah- II
CDOC(Danny, the Pit)- I
Riot- I
AfroTHUNDAH- I
Chaz- I
NickRiddle- I
Greenmario?- I

CFL:
Rx- IIII IIII I
xYz- IIII IIII
QDVS- IIII II
HungryBox- I
Dguy- II
Fenrir- I
Crom- I
or Green Mario?- I

WFL:
CashMooney- I
Manko- IIII II

NFL:
Gmoney- IIII

Galeon

Smash Ace
My 6

Seibrik
Rx-
xYz
Doodah
Equi
Hungrybox

That's like, all the areas o_o. Everyone I put down seems like fairly reasonable people.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I want to see Seibrik and Linguini on the PR.

I might add more people later.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
XYZ and Rx- should be panelists because they are 2good. Queen is also beast.

FloridaMeister

Smash Apprentice
Lets see.

You have

Raef
Polymex
Pink
Lobo
Myself
Smash your mom
God Meow Mix
Abe
Samusftw
Villian
Raistlin
Neo
ZorakBane
How do you forget me? The one that travels the most out of anyone. Hell I just went to the Panhandle, then to Jacksonville, and stopped briefly by Gigs in one week.

Half the people you listed barely leave MWFL either. The list should really read: Manko, Abe, _Raef_, and Cash. Though you're highly dependent on rides. Since when was Raistlin MWFL either? And Bane's only here for summer.

*edit*: this is Manko btw. (I hate following links that make me be FloridaMeister...)

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
How do you forget me? The one that travels the most out of anyone. Hell I just went to the Panhandle, then to Jacksonville, and stopped briefly by Gigs in one week.

Half the people you listed barely leave MWFL either. The list should really read: Manko, Abe, _Raef_, and Cash. Though you're highly dependent on rides. Since when was Raistlin MWFL either? And Bane's only here for summer.

*edit*: this is Manko btw. (I hate following links that make me be FloridaMeister...)
Oh, yeah, I forgot you Joe. Sorry.

Raistlin is in Gainesville.

Equi

Smash Ace
oh yeah

seibrik, galleon, afro, chops (he probably wouldn't want to do it but w.e.) xYz (he should definitely rep northern area, no doubt) Riot Queen ( good judgment from melee days) Rx- and others I can't think of at the top of my head atm.

Also, I've been to 99% of the Brawl tourneys so far in FL, that's why I'm saying I should be one. Plus I'm unbiased.

Linguini

Smash Master
At this point it's looking like we should have a 5 man panel.

2 for CFL, 2 for SFL, and 1 for NFL.

Id say,

CFL- Queen, Rx-

SFL-Me, Seibrik

NFL- Gmoney

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
my 6

NFL: Gmoney

CFL: Queen, Rx-, myself

SFL: Seibrik, Equi

those seem most qualified.

Counterpicks: Sheer, Colbol,Fenrir,Frames,Mooney.

Galeon

Smash Ace
NFL: Gmoney

CFL: Queen, Rx-, myself

SFL: Seibrik, Equi

those seem most qualified.

Counterpicks: Sheer, Colbol,Fenrir,Frames,Mooney.
I REALLY like that list.

and to fearless, danny doesn't have a smashboards account. we just tell him about tournies.

Zoro

Smash Champion
i think everyone on this list with the exception of Queen would be biased even if they thought they wernt.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
lol do people really think manko is better than me or raef?

im sure even he would say that im better than him at brawl

well IMO i dont think the panelist shouldn't just be ppl of skill, but it should be ppl of good judgement, and unbiased opionions. skill and placement has something to do with it, but the first two are so much more important. Manko has contributed more to the community than a couple of us combined. So I also pick him as a panelist, now that I think about it.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
i think everyone on this list with the exception of Queen would be biased even if they thought they wernt.
cmon gah, you know im not like that and some other ppl either... I give credit, where credit is due.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Actually, from what I can tell, Queen is going to be biased by not having gone to certain tournaments.

Since he is working weekends this summer, he is going to miss out on a lot of tournaments, and that will strongly affect his judgement of the PR.

XoFF

Smash Journeyman
manko should definitely be a panelist. xyz is right. he has contributed to the community more than any smasher that i know. hell whats going on thsi weekend? hes using his birthday to hold a smash scene for both melee and brawl.

xyz is another that should definitely be a panelist. he definitely is fair, and anyone who disagrees obviously doesnt know him that well. hes clearly the best in CFL, and everyone likes him.

gmoney is the only person from NFL trying to be a panelist so he should be a panelist to keep the regions covered.

thats my 10 cents. hope it helps

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
this may seem like im trying to be alittle headstrong, but since will smith says it shouldnt be based completely on skill, i'd like to nominate myself as one of the panelists. While I havnt won a tourney (ive been doing better though...17th at last gigs), I've either played or talked to/know all of the good people. Plus, I go to alot of tourneys and even smashfests that are all an hour away from me on weekdays.

Zoro

Smash Champion
lol do people really think manko is better than me or raef?

im sure even he would say that im better than him at brawl
Chill out abe lol
stop bein so cocky

The best people dont always make the best judgements

and manko is awesome

i forgot you were on there xyz yeah i think ud be good

Zoro

Smash Champion
this may seem like im trying to be alittle headstrong, but since will smith says it shouldnt be based completely on skill, i'd like to nominate myself as one of the panelists. While I havnt won a tourney (ive been doing better though...17th at last gigs), I've either played or talked to/know all of the good people. Plus, I go to alot of tourneys and even smashfests that are all an hour away from me on weekdays.

why would you even want to do this i dont understand

Top Bottom