• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First Ever Smash Tourny in CONNECTICUT, a Leisure Event February 11th - RESULTS IN!!

unknownforce

Smash Lord
According to yahoo the snowstorm isn't supposed to begin until the evening, so travel shouldn't be a problem.

Brookman

Smash Hero
you don't need to call when it ends, call like...yea you'll know when to call

just one more day!

cube count =????

I am bringing 2, cort is bringing one, alex is bringing one, unkown, the store has one....mages? any other random people? that should be enough, but the more the merrier yea? plus, the more we have the better the chance for teams is! so no johns, bring your cube... and make sure it is marked cause I don't want anyone's ****e getting stolen or misplaced or whatever!

as of this morning saturdays weather report is: http://www.weather.com/weather/detail/06067?dayNum=1

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
I'll definately bring a cube.

There is a problem. The chances of me getting the car is quite slim, and if I don't find a ride, I can't make it.

Brookman

Smash Hero
that's sad ;_; shmik is bringing a cube, I think we are all set now...maybe >_>

festicle is dying ;_;

Aiser

Smash Lord
Well if we do have a good turn out, chances of another one will be rather high? so I guess all you can hope for is Dm liking the turn out and setting up another tournie..>_>
btw I'm bringing my cube :O

RJC

Smash Cadet
so when does this thing start? when do you expect it to end?

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Sweet, the event is simply 14 hours away. I can't wait! I still hope loads of people show up so we can have a good turnout and hope Pc and Mofo manage to make it so I can see them again even if Sock can't attend :( DJ if for some reason you can't attend I guess I'll be the sole representative of the Turtles lol but I'll do my best for the group.

Oh and yes I'll bring a cube. Hope to get loads of money matches cause the trip will be expensive with Yoyo Yaxo and Zoso bailing on me (though I kinda suspected as much). Still, at least Srod will be there, and I look forward to meeting everyone!

Cort

Apple Head
Dang. I jynxed PC with pandas. Pandas > PC :cry:

Event is like... way too soon. We should be at DM setting things up in no more than 16 hours x_x

I can't wait guys.

:urg: *vomits*

Brookman

Smash Hero
omg smash tourny tomorrow!!!! so close!!! my friend forgot to get me his cube today so I will only be supplying one, but with those others I think we'll be ok!

I don't know what I am gonna do!!! my swim meet better get canceled!!! woot!!

right, so if you are bringing a cube, allow me to state the obvious:

cube, copy of melee, power chord, and the three prong adapter or cable adapter (preferably three-porong one, for ease of use) if you want bring your memory card, and of course your controllers....make sure you mark everything well with your name not just tape or something in a random place! and someone get me an extra working ontroller! cayuse my shoulder buttons are all poopy :(

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Hey Brook, I'm all set for tomorrow, but I figured I'd ask one last question before I go to sleep; would you like me to bring my laptop for the event? I have Bracket Maker on it, and I assure you it will be a great asset. All I need to do is enter the names onto it and we'll have instant brackets! A lot more fast and handy than hand-made brackets thats for sure!

Let me know if you want me to bring it, cause I'll look at this thread early in the morning before I leave. I'll have to leave around 8:30 :(

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
that bracket thing sounds sezzy mang, do it up (y)

also, mike, you said the random tape in places just for me didnt you? :'(

*looks around for a sharpie*

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
i got work anyway tomorrow so i wouldent be able to come anyway ... **** pandas :cry: but yeah mofo disapeared of the face of the earth i dunno if he willl be there

Brookman

Smash Hero
Yes Unknown!!! Bring The Laptop!!! Bracket Makerrrrr!!!!!!!

yea, sorry alex, but like if some people have tape in a random places that could be ythe same as yours and that causes problem !?!?!?>!>!>!!?!L@!PP{%_%$(# :dizzy:

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
yeah w/e mang, i went crazy with sharpie and medical tape so now my last names everywhere and my cube is taped shut so you cant see the hax rawful mayo

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Okay then, I'm heading off now and bringing the laptop as per request. Cya guys shortly! Hope Mofo and DJ make it even though Pc is out now for sure :(

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry i wont be there, but i wanna wish gl to tha mages that are attending. Take this **** mangz!!

Aiser

Smash Lord
Won't be there =p couldn't get enough money together.. oh well >.>

shminkledorf

Smash Ace
Well, just got back. Had to leave early, but still had a great time. Time for my awesome shoutouts:

Brookman: sehx. YOu are too good, but you should've stayed with Samus in our match, I would've won <_<

Cort: Rawr, I beat you. Don't go saying you killed yourself twice, it doesn't matter. I'm still better than you XD

blackmage: Best GaW ever. Seriously. I mean, you GaW is too broken. he should be banned in tournies. Good MM, I almost had you. I STILL WANT ANOTHER REMATCH

unknownforce: Cool meeting ya. What song do you listen to on your iPod when you play? i couldn't see =/

Silas: You suck. my ICs beat you XD Gratz on winning the tourny 3 times <_<

PC: You didn't go, but if I see you, your face gets broken, K? <_<

milktea: I didn't play you, but I watched you play. You're pretty **** good, keep it up =)

Random people who asked is this dorf?: I'm not very good. Really. I had a few people say "I don't wanna face him!" "I refuse!" "Crap, you're good." made me feel better about myself. I think.

If I missed anyone, tell me, I'll smack myself, you and add you with something to say XD

_milktea

Smash Lord
Thank you Brookman and Cort for making this tournament happen! This was the most fun I've had in a while.

*Waves to everyone she met.*

(PS. The bracket maker is evil for putting me against Cort my second match. ;___;.)

Cort

Apple Head
:chuckle: Wow. That was a lot of fun. Met lotsa great and/or nice smashers...

First off, I only remember the top 4 places, which was:

1. Kyle (unknownforce) Winnings: $287.00 (?)
2. Dave (Lock) Winnings: $57.00 (?)
3. Mike (TheBrookman)
4. Cort (me)

The house took 50% (or 40?) of the pot, I think...

T_T I never play Marths.. Lock's was too much for me, aside from the few SDs. It's that first tip death that throws you off your concentration... But good games, Lock. You have a lot of talent and you're too modest.

unknown - You're too good. I knew from the start that you'd take first (or 2nd maybe... HAHA), which threw off my game lots, but no johns... Our games were REALLY fun, I learned a lot. Your DI is tooooooo good!! (I was gonna ask you how the heck you DI, I'm not very good in that field... but it felt too nooby.) You were quiet (hah, lilke me...) but you're a nice guy. Thanks for essentially organizing the whole bracket, I owe you a lot. Our friendly matches were so much fun (cept maybe the Bowser one... >_>) Work on that Peach :p If you could somehow post the bracket that'd be great. *keeps your 5 dollar bill forever*

Brookman - it's your fault I took 4th cause you beat Lock! :mad: :mad: But good stuff. I hope you learned a lot.

Shmink - Ahh you beat me!1 I need to really work on my SDs.... <_< Good stuff tho, keep getting better!

milktea - You're a girl, and you play video games! And you're gorgeous! Work on some of your tech game, I'm sure if you put some work into it you can be noted for being one of the best female roy players =P Look up some of Neo's videos.

omega - You're gnw is pretty awesome. If you had actually gotten a judgement 9 or two after you consistently threw my marth around I'm sure you would have won. But gnw no likey marth's tippy x_x I was freaking out every time you grabbed me...

jvsmooth - We should keep in touch. You did fairly well (I think 9th?).

WE'RE DEFINITLY HAVING MORE OF THESE!!!

GGs

Aiser

Smash Lord
I'm guessing 20 people went?..>.> I'm so down if therse a next time seriously D:

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
better results...

1- UnknownForce
2- Lock
3- Brookman
4- Cort
5- Omegablackmage
5- Green Hunter
7- Gfab
7- Srod
9- Jsmooth
9- Jay Hiat maybe? He played pika and icy's
9- ?
9- ?

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
My first tourney eva, and it rocked. now i cant wait for march 4 to go play in MA .. it's gonna be great and ihope to see lots of people that were there today in MA

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Good **** Unknown for reppin the turtles. Too bad I couldn't make it. IF ONLY I HAD MY OWN CAR....

_milktea

Smash Lord
Thanks shminkledorf~

[EDIT] I don't want to make more posts so I'll stick everything else in here.

There was a really big range of levels at the tourney today o_o. Wow, I wasn't originally going to enter because I thought everyone was...uber fantastic, but some idiots *mumble* made me.

Blue! It was nice meeting you ^__^. I want your sweater. I hate WoW <3. And tell your friend (does he use the forums?) it was fun fighting him too! Haha...our team battles...good times.^^;.

Cort~I wish you owned me with Pichu. I'd be like...honored to get owned by you using Pichu, surrrrriously. >_>.

Idk who the other two dudes were that fought me, I don't think they use this forum but uh, in case they do, hi? Good matches.

Hey, who was the Game N' Watch that was like..INVINCIBLE? I think he was playing Blue for a while. I was sitting next to him watching/drooling and he was like..flawless. Black Mage I think? Whatever, you are sick! ^^;

And...after the tourney I went back home and played more Smash. >_>.

Brookman

Smash Hero
tourny was SO MUCH FUN

cort - I'm glad I didn't play you...cause you poon me all day like the noob I am

unkown - you're real cool, and tall >_> your bracket maker was SOOO helpful! you saved the day! maybe I'll make it over to your feb 25th event...if I don't have another swim meet...

lock - I'm real sorry I had to throw thos matches with you at the end, but I was late enough already ;_;. real good matches with you though, you're real good, we should definitely play more!

black mage - your gw is real great! you whooped me except for that one match >_> but no one has to know about that >_>

green hunter - sorry we couldn't play more, we had a couple of fun matches though.

PC chris - R.I.P. PC we will destroy all panda bears before the next tourny in memory of you. cort and I also played with yaoi (y401) in memory of your struggle against the panda's

shmink - omgz you pwnd my samus...but got whooped by my noobish falco...it was almost like ken vs. bs >_> if they were brain dead...

jvsmooth(who I don't think checks smashboards at all anyway) you are a really cool guy, I wish I had met you before, cause you're good, we should definitely play again sometime soon.

if I forgot anyone I'm sorry, I'm really tired! I'll re-read this tomorrow and edit it if I did I guess...

I am going to see how soon we can have another tourny...probably next month on the same date??? maybee.......................I dunno, we'll see..

Zanguzen

Smash Lord
thats the stuff uf - gj on 1st lol

pc chris- im sorry that u got knockd out in the first two rounds by random noobs it happens...well maybe jus 2 u lol but yah tetra and i need some training against u/wes invite us ovr sometime plz

RJC

Smash Cadet
How was the quality of the players? Did everyone use all the advanced techniques (wdashing, ddancing, chainthrowing, etc)? Or was it more of a straight forward kind of style.. i'm just trying to get a feel for the tournament scene in the NE area

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Man guys i miss the tourney, i want to do it again right now >_< . Sure yeah im a newb but that was indeed my first real tourney. I have winter vacation next week and a fairly good size house and i hold 18 people halo lans there occasionally so im going to see what i can do for a SSBM fest if anybody would be interested.. i jsut have to get the parents approval. If anybody would be interested in doing this PM me.. and if we cant do it atmy house i know theres this soccer dome thing near where i live, but they have a lobby that you can rent out and some1 told me that it would be a pretty decent place to have a tourney. REgardless as bad as i am, the only way i can get better is by playing kid slike you guys and there is NOBODY near where i live to play. and i love you all already. Specifically i think the people that made my day had to be GreenHunter first off, i played the kid twice then we just kinda started talking and i already consider you my friend bro. Then Black Mage. youre just awesome also Brookman not only did you make all this possible but youre a cool kid. Dorf and his friend were also cool kids. And then of course Milktea, the first female to give me a real challenge in SSBM which is pretty freakin rad. And you were a really cool kid and it was fun annoying you in line for taco bell by talking about WoW with that other kid. anyways i hope to see you all soon but seriously if you kids would be interested in trying to throw something together next week PM me. I'll see what i can do.

Top Bottom