• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First Ever Smash Tourny in CONNECTICUT, a Leisure Event February 11th - RESULTS IN!!

Aiser

Smash Lord
I can try and bring two gamecubes (not joking either) but in order for that someone needs to drive up to Stafford and give me a soda =[

Brookman

Smash Hero
if you say you are bringing a cube don't say maybe/possibly kinda/sorta 50/50 or whatever! you have be be firm, and then you have to actually come with your gamecubes. Thank you.

like yoda said, there is no try.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Count me in for a tv/cube of course =)

Edit-You guys can do the team event right? If the guys are taking 40 percent of the pot for singles they should allow you the right to do this event, especially if it means more money for them heh. Just explain that teams will generate yet more money for them and I can't see any possible reason why they would refuse.

Brookman

Smash Hero
unkown we only need cubes, they have plenty of tvs, and I'll talk to him about the teams, cause teams would be fun, I think they are just worried about hpow long it would take, but I don't think it would take too long anyways....but last time I he didn't really want to do singles and teams

Aiser

Smash Lord
Well, I can definatly bring one cube with me thats 100% just the second is my friends and he's been tobusy for me to ask.. so yeah. I'll get back to you on the second cube >.>;

alpmaster

Smash Cadet
This is in Meridan? That's like, 1 hour from Stamford right?

I'll know if I can make it by next week. If I can, I will surely bring my cube.

shminkledorf

Smash Ace
Well, then you definetely have that 4-5 you need. Would probably be smart to have quite a few though, since it seems like there's no way of telling how many people will be there.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I'm gonna email them about # of tvs we can occupy and team tourny, like right now...

uhmm...we could probvably do the 1v1 in like at least an hour using all 12 tv set ups...and we would definitely have time for teams

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Brook does the owner plan on having a set time for the events? By that I mean does he want you guys out at certain time? I'm hoping the time is somewhat flexible since your making him a good amount of cash potentially =P

I'll ask KoreanDJ to team I think. DJ would you be up for it? We could gauge how well we work together at this event =)

Brookman

Smash Hero
no, I don't believe there is a scheduled time, but since this is the first time digital mayhem will be doing a smash event he is worried it will take a long time, but I told hikm if we are able to use like 8-all of the TVs there should be no problem with time...infact... using 12 (depending on how many people we get) the tournament may be TOO short

Brookman

Smash Hero
alrihgt unknown! good news, the guy at DM said we can do a 2v2 event afterwards, if the 1v1 doesn't take to long, which it shouldn't (depending on the amount of random emo noobs that enter from around the mall, and in that situation you will just have to own everyone super fast k? )

RJC

Smash Cadet
My friends and I might attend... anywhere from 3-6 of us from RI

Brookman

Smash Hero
ok, 2v2 isn't a sure thing, I don't want everyone getting all excited about it incase there is no 2v2...but I guess we'll post a set of 2v2 rules just in case >_>

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Lock I'll mm you =) Been a long time since I've seen you heh fc-3 was the last time I believe. Is Fred coming too?

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Doh, Fred's a cool guy so its a shame he won't be there.

Bit of an off topic question; how confident are the emo players? If they're a bunch of cocky kids I'll be able to get back my gas money and food for the road for sure hehe.

Brookman

Smash Hero
well, if I don't take their money first, I'm sure there will be a bunch of "omg I pwn levl 9 cpus all day all night! I are bester than joo."

but I really don't know, never played any, but I am sure there will be some

Cort

Apple Head
Well, when we went there last time there was a kid that came and said he played smash there often. He said no one else could ever beat him, and that he'll be at this tourny... and then we obliterated him. I mean constant 4 stockage... it was sad.

Oh and there were some kids there that didn't know Mewtwo was in the game... And then they went to go play Halo. :embarrass

:lick:

jvsmooth

Smash Cadet
Yo Cort. Im there and you know it. Hopefully with people in tow. Hope to see Mofo and those guys there. Peace

shminkledorf

Smash Ace
Well, when we went there last time there was a kid that came and said he played smash there often. He said no one else could ever beat him, and that he'll be at this tourny... and then we obliterated him. I mean constant 4 stockage... it was sad.
If it's the guy I'm thinking of, he wasn't a jerk about it, just that no one that was there at the time could beat him. Not like he was walking around being a jerk.

Cort

Apple Head
Yeah, he didn't act like a dumb *** (censored... o_O). But I was just trying to show unknown what kind of comp hangs around there. :laugh:

Aiser

Smash Lord
nah their will be scrubs I use to play against them.. he thought link was over powered and told me I couldn't use him anymore or else I forfeit the match.. that was when I was like..>_> okay you're no fun anymore bye..<_<

Brookman

Smash Hero
there was smash at digital mayhem starting in like latre december...and me and cort played over there once, to meet up with shmink, he's an arrogant noob >_>

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
ugh, haven't played ppl in a good week or 2. gotta get some training in b4 this thing...or maybe i'll forget about it and come anyway, then win and amaze everyone!! haha...i wish...

Brookman

Smash Hero
well, at this point I'm not sure how many cuebs we will have, but I am sure I can supply enough (1 from me, cort, my friends jorge/antonio/rob/matt) I think we'll be ok, but could like 2-3 people bring one and a copy of the game just incase?

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Sweet only 5 more days! Can't wait to meet Brook and Cort and of course see Pc, Sock, and whoever else from the old turks is coming.

Supposidly 3 or 4 people will be coming with me, but only one of them tends to be reliable, but at the very least there will be 2 of us lol.

Top Bottom