• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First Ever Smash Tourny in CONNECTICUT, a Leisure Event February 11th - RESULTS IN!!

Green Hunter

Smash Apprentice
This was a good tourney with a good turnout. It got off to a little bit of a rough start when the store worker guy started trying to do the brackets himself with some poster board and a sharpie, but it all worked out once Unknown busted out the laptop. Time for shoutouts:

Whoever put the tourney together: I’m not sure who it was that did this, but it’s a good thing you did. Black Mage, G-Fab, and I all agreed that we’d definitely head down for another one.

Unknown – Great job taking the tourney. It was pretty much known by everyone that you would be the biggest contender for first the entire time. Nice seeing you again, too. We’re starting to see you pretty much everywhere we go now.

Cort – That Fox is something else. You use the shine a lot more than other Fox’s I’ve played (**** traps in Pokemon Stadium…). After I took that second match, I was sure I’d have a chance at beating you, but then I had those two really bad deaths. Too bad that had to happen. Otherwise, it would’ve been a much closer match.

The Brookman – You were actually better than I was expecting you to be. That’s probably just because I hadn’t heard of you until the thread for this tourney came up. It’s just too bad you had to leave early to catch your bus. Nice job getting third.

Black Mage – We tied again. And we got beat by the same people. Go figure. The fact that you beat that one guy with Pichu and Bowser to knock him out of the tourney was hilarious. Nice job tying with me for fifth. Maybe next time we’ll be in the money.

G-Fab – Every time I have to face someone from our crew in the tourney, I feel terrible. I’m sure neither of us wanted to knock the other out loser’s bracket. It was bound to happen at that point in the tourney, though. It was coming down to the good people. Good job getting 7th. You’ve made a lot of improvements. Now that all the serious stuff is out of the way, I can tell you that you should watch out for those Utilt combos next time. You might see them again. Oh yeah, and the whole pants thing was hilarious. You looked like you were crying in the back seat because you were laughing so hard. UP TILT COMBO!

Blue Death – Very good for your first tourney, I must say. Ended up having a good chance to talk to you when we went to find the bathrooms. XD It’s always good to see new interest in Smash, especially if that person is a really cool guy. You fit the bill, my friend. It’d be great to see you and your friend Derek at Cataclysm. Hopefully, you can make it out of that corner of Connecticut you’re from to get here. Great meeting you, and I hope I see you again soon.

Lock – Why wouldn’t that Marth die!? It was so irritating having you at 135% for at least two minutes. I couldn’t even touch you, and then you just wouldn’t go away. Good job getting second place.

Jsmooth – I haven’t seen you in a long time. Nice to see you’re still in the game. You’re too good to just disappear off the face of the smash world. It was nice talking to you, and I hope I see you again sometime soon.

This was a great group of people to come together for a tourney. Hopefully, most of you will decide to come to the Cataclysm so that everyone can play again. Any of you guys can get in contact with me over AIM if you'd like. My screenname is Yikodi.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
shminkledorf said:
Hm. I don't think I got in any friendlies against you blue =/ We should change that next time. Heh, if we did please refresh my memory as to who you played XD
Yeah dorf we played before the tourney started, i was the kid with teh STFU hoodie if that helps =P... and RJC i live in the NW corner of CT so i think it would be even further from RI ;_;

jvsmooth

Smash Cadet
Hey guys. Im here. I do use the forums but Im mostly on aim. The tourney was awesome and everybody did good and represented CT.

Cort-We finally got a lot of people at this one man. Props go out to you doing your thing.

Brookman-Yo man nice to meet you. You got a killer fox and Capt. Falcon. We definitly gotta do it again and train together. Cort too.

Unknown-Props to you for taking the tourny. Don't spend it all in one place ok? lol

Locke-Didn't get a chance to play you but I saw you ****** people so congrats for that.

Shminkledorf-Yo man nice to meet you. WE will def do it again.

Omegablackmage- Good to see you again man. I will def try to come to you guys tourny.

Milktea-You are a diamond in the rough. Not only do you play smash but you are Awesome in it. The way you ***** thosed dudes brought tears to my eyes. We def gotta do it again. Good luck in school.

Green Hunter-Man you are good. We will def play again.

Justin aka Pikachu man?-Hey man that was a close match. Your pikachu and ice climbers are awesome. Keep it up.

Ryukaider-Good friendly man. We def gotta do it again. Hit me up on aim sometime aight?

To anyone else I met and forgot to shout out, this goes out to you. Anytime you guys like just hit me up on here or on aim. My name is jvsmooth. Yo cort,brookman and anyone else who is down, we should come up with a crew for CT. You guys mill it over and tell me what you think. Mofo, PC wish you guys were there. Peace!

Ghetto Fabulous

Smash Journeyman
Congrats to Unknown for taking the tournament (little surprise there lol). I am interest to hear how the match agains the guy from EB games went. i have to say it was an awesome tourny, the tv and cube set up was great, with plenty of chairs and whatnot. My only regret is that there was no team tournament. shoutouts

Green Hunter- I agree, having to play another member of the crew during a tournament sucks. and why do our matches always have to be so close? i think we were both at 146 percent on the last stock one time. ENOUGH UPTILT COMBOS!!!!!!!

OmegaBlackMage- Its nice to see your G&W is getting pretty famous. Everyone's expression watching you play that one match against Blue was priceless. Keep it up mangz

Unknown- every single time i watch your sheik i notice something that i dont do. congrats on taking first and i look forward to our mm at cataclysm

BlueDeath- nice job for your first tournament. Make sure your at cataclysm so we can meet up again

I cant remember your name but u played pikachu as your main? justin hariat maybe?- Good stuff man. I never played a good pikachu before, so that was quite a few matches we had. I have to say knocking me out of the winners bracket by pika kinda stressed me out, but i got my revenge in the losers. good stuff

to everyone else, congratulations and i hope to see you all again if they ever host a second one. Next time ill make sure to get more than two hours sleep lol.

Brookman

Smash Hero
well, with the exception of the division of the pot I mus say that it was a good tourny overall, maybe some of the random newbs there will actually get into smash and get better. one of the DDR players asked if we were playing in lightning melee XD.

I emailed the owner of DM (who I discovered lives about 3 minutes from my house) about holding more tournaments and about the pot, maybe nex time second will get at least 20%. if not we may have to look into holding the tournament at another place <_<

Green Hunter

Smash Apprentice
One thing that could be considered is having the entrance fee and price for singles be seperate. The entrance fee will help cover the cost of holding the event at that place, and the money for people entering singles will be left for the pot so that it can be divided properly. No interference from the house. The only thing that's needed is enough people to enter the tourney to cover the cost.

jvsmooth

Smash Cadet
Yea that was a great turn out. WE gotta have more tourneys in CT. That was a lot of people. The funniest thing I heard was a noob telling me that did I know Young Link can wall jump. Lol. That was hilarious.

Brookman

Smash Hero
wow, hunter...I feel stupid for not thinking of that...I'll run it by dan (the owner) god me so stupid XD

Koolaid

Smash Rookie
Hey, I had alot of fun at the tourney and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at Cataclysm!

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
shout outz mangz....

unknown - nice on takin first, although it was pretty clear you were the best there. You do seem to have a more refined style every time i see you play, so to that, good stuff. GET OUTTA HERE PINK BOY

lock - i like your style, very defensive at times, which is something i need to get used to. Id like to play you again, when i haven't just done cartoon heroes, but no jonz. good job on second

brookman - you did well for your first tourney and it sucks you had to throw that third match in your set against lock. i like your fox alot keep workin at it. good mm's too.

cort - your a cool dude, and you've got a lot of good characters up your sleeve. Maybe when i play you next time i'll have better luck... no im joking gw players really shouldn't depend on the nine's they are just there for a boost, kinda like zombie turnips for a peach. I'll work on my anti-marth game a bit. good stuff. If you host another tourney, im def there.

hunter - your samus is getting better. All you gotta work on is better anti marth and sheik and more unique mindgames and you'll be well off.

gfab - your getting more experience, which is good. Now im starting to see mindgames in your sheik and this will just lead to getting better, good stuff.

srod - i liked your peach, very solid. Hopefully uk can mold you into NE's best peach lol. We'll get some more matches in next time we play.

dorf - fun stuff i enjoyed playing you, you've got a solid marth, keep workin at it.

jake - you'e too cool a dude, come to cataclysm.

jsmooth - sucks we didn't get to play, hopefully if you come to cataclysm we will. i thought you died, too, good thing you reappeared, cuz we dont wanna lose chill smashers.

Aiser

Smash Lord
I don't suppose any of these matches were recorded?..>_> that would be pretty cool.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
The Brookman said:
knowing my luck I won't have a ride to cataclysm OR I'll have a swim meet on that day XD
Where in CT do you live exactly, i might be able to bring you to cataclysm if it comes down to it.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Aiser said:
I don't suppose any of these matches were recorded?..>_> that would be pretty cool.
There was a guy with a digital camera recording some of the matchs, not sure who it was though but he may have some good matchs on film.

_milktea

Smash Lord
Haha. That's Ryukaider ^__^. He has some of my crappy matches (which you don't wanna see) and his friends' and Brookman also told him to record one of a Samus vs. Game and Watch.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Eww well hopefully you can get a ride there then, but even still i may be willing to take you i dont kow, and millk you should tell ryukaider to put the videos online frot those who missed the tourney =P

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Phew, finally made it back after being stranded for two days in CT due to the snow lol. I was planing on going back that evening but the snow started in RI much earlier then I expected and I ended up staying at Steves (Srods). It all worked out fine though, and I had a good time there (thanks again Steve and I'm glad I could at least give you a ride back to URI for the help!)

This was a great event without a doubt, and I had a lot of fun playing everyone. All the players I played in the tournament or friendlies were really cool guys and very polite too, which makes the game much more fun to play. Oh yes, and I'll post the full results if anyone is interested (via the laptop) and I believe the tournament host has them on his website too.

Oh and before I forget, I played the EBgame guy but he didn't give me anything for winning and refused a money match! He was nicer than I expected so I didn't mind though.

Shoutouts-
Cort-Your probably the guy I played most heh and it was a lot of fun. I feel sad that you saw my Peach in such low form lol she's normally pretty decent but oh well (where my Peach was crappy my Mario was on fire for some reason rofl). Your also king of Ness dittos cause I managed to beat Pc and Mofo ages ago in Ness dittos lol. I thought your Peach Fox and Falco were all quite good, but you played almost all chars pretty well which is great to see (your the first guy out there besides me who dosen't have a main!). Hope you guys can make it up one of these days! I can provide housing for you and Brookman and any other CT players too =) I want another 5$ random match too heh that was too fun and crazy :p Lots of fun games for sure though and it was great meeting you.

Brook-We didn't get to play much sadly but it was nice meeting you and I was glad I could help you guys out with the tournament maker. The thing comes in handy! Your Fox is good too and if you keep practicing you will be a very deadly player soon enough.

Lock-You defeated Brook, Lock, and Blackmage and you said you were rusty?! Jeez, your way too harsh on yourself lol. Your a very good player with a lot of potential for sure. Practice with Cort, Brookman, and Mofo and you guys will be a strong team! Sorry we couldn't get those friendlies in the end. Next time we will for sure though.

Blackmage, Greenhunter and Gfab-Always great seeing you guys! I didn't get to play Gfab or Greenhunter (at Caty we can get tons of friendlies hopefully!) but Blackmage your G&W was looking really good. The style has changed a bit and its more unique, which makes it a lot stronger. Dire will be very shocked the next time he fights you! The two of you are definatly the best G&W players out there. It was also nice getting to get food with you guys and make jokes about the crew battles rofl. Remember to scream "that is the move of a scared person!" if a Sheik ever transforms in the middle of a match!

Srod-You did very well for your first event! I think you've proven yourself as a very capable player with a lot of potential that will only continue to improve. Thanks again for the housing too! It proved to be a lifesaver!

Jsmooth-I never got to play you, but I saw some of your matches and your Peach looked quite good. I heard from Srod that you were interested in coming up on the 25th or to the Mages event too. If so, look forward to seeing you again and hopefully we can get in some matches this time!

Zang-Thanks for the support lol. Let me know if you need housing for the Mages event. Been quite some time since I've seen you but your always an awesome guy lol.

Pc-What happened?! You lost to my Pichu twice?? Guess you were having an off day :( Lol seriously though it would have been great if you had made it. The outcome was very nice and it would have been great to play you again. Any chance of meeting up one of these weekends? I still want to see you and the rest of the Turks again. It's been too long!

Mofo-I heard you dropped off the face of the earth =[

Tony-Nice playing you too. Since you live so close by you should certainly stop by from time to time. You seemed like a nice guy too and it was fun playing you.

Without further ado, here are the results. Again, a great event guys, and I look forward to any more in the future!

1 Kyle Faust (Unknownforce)
2 David Fu (Lock)
3 Michael Brookman
4 Cort
5 Greenhunter
5 Omegablackmage
7 Gfab
7 Srod
9 Justin Harriot
9 Travis Bish
9 Jsmooth
9 Alex Kanakis
13 Richard Ngo
13 Jose Silvio
13 Greek Heat
13 Lillian Chen
17 Anthony Reakes
17 Andrew Battaline
17 Jake Kulinski
17 Scott Savino
17 Eric Hadam2
17 Eric Hadan
17 Derek Hunter
17 Matt Royack
25 Max Korrick
25 Josh Maslar
25 John Owens
25 Dan Greco
25 Kyle Valencia
25 Ryan Johnson
25 Sebastian Parato
25 John Theriault
33 Ben Wettmock

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
_milktea said:
$%!#$!#$%. Wow, crazy results. How on EARTH did I place 13th!? I expected like 100000th.

Lilian*
Grrr you placed higher than me Lil! ;_; i want a rematch hahah I cant wait til the next CT smash event, you better go when there is another one, anyways im at work now so i should probably go, baiii

Brookman

Smash Hero
wtf @ g-reg?!

yea unkown I am real pissed that I had to go, otherwise I would have actually played my best vs. lock, but I didn't want to beat him and then have to leave blah blah blah (johnz maybe? nah) I was worried you died or something when you didn't post for a few days, I'm glad you made it back ok though. I hope we can make it down to your event, but I don't think I will be home anyhow, my parents have to go to boston I guess that weekend and I will be staying with my grandmother or going with them, not sure.

I really like JV's idea about forming a crew, if anyone else is interested IM me or him and maybe we can form a group of players who want to get better and we'll be able to do just that! rep CT! also, cort says he is in the turks, we know all of them love him.

and there were a total of 38 people at the tourny, but some people left after their first loss, so they didn't place I guess...

Cort

Apple Head
SESTICLE will definitly happen within the upcoming months...

Haha, I LOVE dittos. I never feel too intimidated in them. But hey, I remember pooning PC ages ago, but look at him now. But whatever, NESS DITTO KING IS ME! :chuckle:

I need to learn how to keep my cool, and DI... *DIs off the screen*

Did you know I was a member of The Turks? Chad told me I was in like 2 summers ago... And Mofo hasn't made my sig yet, :embarrass

<_<

Edit//
WOAHMG 100th post over 3 years!

Junpei Ichigo

Smash Rookie
yay i was #13! good matches with whoever i fought!
Edit: One more thing, Brookman, you need to play like your life is on the line.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
To all CT players, i really want to get together with some of you guys and play as much as possible, I live in Winsted, a **** town by Torrington (NW CT) .. but like if we can find where everybody lives, and then find a place that is convenient to go to and just play, it would be amazing because i really dont have anybody to play with here and i definatly want to get better at Smash. And i know im really knew to the scene , specially considering my first Tourney was this weekend, and ive been on smash boards for two days but just you wait, i'll be pwn'in some of you soon enough =P.. and i read that brookman wants to start a crew, now.. i dont know what a crew is completely because im such a newb but hell that sounds awesome haha. kthxbye

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Heh yeah Cort I remember Pc saying long ago you were the long lost Turk. I'm also technically a member, but since I was invited to join the Turtles first I ended up as the crew Chocobo lol.

Koolaid

Smash Rookie
The Brookman said:
I really like JV's idea about forming a crew, if anyone else is interested IM me or him and maybe we can form a group of players who want to get better and we'll be able to do just that! rep CT! also, cort says he is in the turks, we know all of them love him.
If you ever start up a crew for players in CT I would definitely be interested.

Brookman

Smash Hero
ok, so I proposed the idea of a seperate fee for store and tourny entree, let's just hope he doesn't say yes, and then make the store entree like 10$ cause that would be a rip-off :0

and it's too bad that there are so many players on the boarders of CT and only a few in the center :( though all you people out on the boarders should definitely get to some tournaments in NY/RI/MA and you can find some competition in that area! out west is PC chris and Mofo, two of the best players on the east coast, so contact them, for people near MA there is the mages crew and there are people in RI (unkownforce, hayato, the other ninja turtles etc.) you have to put some effort into this! and if blue, or anyone else try to organize tournies in their areas me and cort and jv and all the others from around here would definitely show up! so don't hesitate to start up some tournies! and those people down by the shore can play with uh...sea gulls or somethin <_< or train tracks >_> noobs :0

seriosuly, just search for gaming centers like digital mayhem or conference halls/community centers whatever! see who will host you and then just post a topic on smashboards and make sure you have CT in big caps and a good topic marker like that blue arrow cort used for this one.

"If you build it, they will come."

Top Bottom