• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First Ever Smash Tourny in CONNECTICUT, a Leisure Event February 11th - RESULTS IN!!

ZoSo

Smash Champion
In the middle of nowhere.

Actually, it's about fifteen minutes from URI, but for us Rhode Islanders, that's a long drive.

Aiser

Smash Lord
I'm about an hour from most ct smashers probably. northern edge of Ct is kinda crappy for smash though =T

Brookman

Smash Hero
I'm about an hour from most ct smashers probably.
that means you are also an hour from the MA smashers! god job! head over there >_> they are better than us <_< ::runs to MA::

Cort

Apple Head
Eh.. it's funny how smash has been sorta dying lately and all of a sudden CT shows interest in getting better. PC was born in CT, I'm sure he'll rep his homestate in that 6k mm, ZoSo... :chuckle:

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Cursed Zoso, insulting the small state of RI and not even a congrats for a fellow RIer for winning? I'm hurt :(

In all seriousness though, I was very glad to see so many CT players! I'm sorry I didn't get to play more of you, but like I said I'm always up for playing! Speaking of which, I'm hosting an event on Feb 25th which should be a nice one. It's not going to be a huge event like Caty since I was doing it as more of a small time event, but we should still get a lot of good competition with the Turtles and Mages all being there. Theres also a giant projector screen which is a lot of fun to play on and surprisingly dosen't lag much lol. The other nice thing is that I can provide housing for any players traveling from afar =) All the info is in the "Smash to the stars" thread. Should be a fun event with plenty of time for friendlies (and of course a team and singles tournament, with a crew event if we have time :))

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Ok guys i have Winter Vacation all next week and i know that some others here do as well, we definatly need to get some kids together to play some smash, If others are free next week lets try to put something together, if we can do it at somebodys house that people could get to that would be good to, if not theres a possibility that we can at my house but i live up in NW CT. sooo whos interested , cmon people XD

jvsmooth

Smash Cadet
I definitely agree with Brookman. Any one who wants to should just get in contact with either me, him or Cort. I would be happy to play. And as for forming a crew, I understand what Cort said about smash dying down while Ct members are starting to pick it up, but this doesn't mean we have to stop there. When the revolution comes out we should pick it up there with the new smash and carry on the legacy. It might put all the smashers back on the same page with new things to learn and then it might not. But Im pretty sure depending how different the game may be that there will be new people that might come about as being better then they might have been in this smash. Don't quote me on this but Im sure that we will start seeing a great range of smashers with the new smash. So it's going to be important that with this crew that we start we keep it going even on to the new smash. Let's keep Ct strong guys so that with this new smash they will KNOW that CT holds some of the best **** smash talent there is.

Joseith

Smash Cadet
That's right JV! Brookman and Cort, we (me and dorf) need to meet up with you at DM on Saturday. I'm so mad I haven't gotten a chance to meet you guys yet.

Koolaid

Smash Rookie
Okay, we know there are plenty of poeple who would go to any event or join a crew. All we need now is for someone to organize something. :)

Aiser

Smash Lord
It would pretty cool to see a smash crew in Ct, put ct on the map and not just another state where people go "whats Connecticut?" D:

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Well this weekend / over next week im going hunting to find place where i could possibly hold a tournament. There are about 6 gaming stations like DM throughout CT,but whether they are all suitable for a console tourney ornot im not sure. We know that there will be a Smashfest at DM soon enough but you really can never have enough of these tournies, but hopefully within the next week i should haev a tourney setup for somwhere in the time zone of March and April XD

And yeah the idea of getting a smash crew together is the best idea ever, i know im badnow but giveme a month and ill have teh skillz =P plus if we manage to get a decent crew in CT and we play each other alot, were bound to get better.

Oh yeah.. some people got overly excited with this idea but who would want to rent out a beach house in RI over the summer for an entire weekend of nonstop smash and just amazing fun haha?

_milktea

Smash Lord
Darn you Blue. We're about the same skill atm, now I have to cling onto to you to make sure you don't get too far ahead ^^:!

coughhowsthatessaycoming?cough

edit; I hate you

Aiser

Smash Lord
BlueDeath said:
Well this weekend / over next week im going hunting to find place where i could possibly hold a tournament. There are about 6 gaming stations like DM throughout CT,but whether they are all suitable for a console tourney ornot im not sure. We know that there will be a Smashfest at DM soon enough but you really can never have enough of these tournies, but hopefully within the next week i should haev a tourney setup for somwhere in the time zone of March and April XD
There is one down in the Manchester Mall, its not to far if you don't mind driving to Manchester. not sure if they can host a console tourny but my friends and I use to go down there alot...>.>

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Lol Pc where have you been? I've been trying to contact you to see if its possible to make plans one of these upcoming weekends :(

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
_milktea said:
Darn you Blue. We're about the same skill atm, now I have to cling onto to you to make sure you don't get too far ahead ^^:!

coughhowsthatessaycoming?cough

edit; I hate you
hahaha next time we play you will have no chance against me ^_^, because i can play all day everday buahahaha.. but yeah im at school now and i have to finish my essay really bad because its due in 2 periods, and its worth ALOT so ima fin it now, kthxbai ^__^

edit; FINISHED... XD its not exactly a good quality essay but its done none the less.. now i can play even more smash , specially considering im leaving school at 12 today for a dentist apt. and then going to CCSU right after to play some smash =P

Cort

Apple Head
<3 Isai

GO DK 64! LMAO POLISH ALLIANCE :laugh: Isai is the best.

Blue come pick me up, I live like 5 mins from CCSU lol. I'd be glad to go and poon you guys. ^^;

_milktea

Smash Lord
Omg Blue, I hate you even more! *jealous* Why can't I play Smash!? Right...a test on MacBeth tomorrow -__-.

Just you wait! I have February vacation >o<! We are SO practicing. I will continue to stand a chance against you! I'll improve too! ^^;. I talked to my mom about it today and she wasn't like, "NO." So maybe we can next week ^o^!

Oh, Aiser. That place sorta sucks. I practically live in that mall and I always walk by it >_>;.

Aiser

Smash Lord
_milktea said:
Omg Blue, I hate you even more! *jealous* Why can't I play Smash!? Right...a test on MacBeth tomorrow -__-.

Just you wait! I have February vacation >o<! We are SO practicing. I will continue to stand a chance against you! I'll improve too! ^^;. I talked to my mom about it today and she wasn't like, "NO." So maybe we can next week ^o^!

Oh, Aiser. That place sorta sucks. I practically live in that mall and I always walk by it >_>;.
Yeah it does. =| You live in that mall though?..>_> I go there frequently how odd...o_O

Brookman

Smash Hero
if the lan center in manchester = the battle ground then no they don't hold console tournies (except maybe gaylo)

Aiser

Smash Lord
Hey it was an idea, maybe next time I won't try to be helpful =P anyway that place does kinda suck =\ it was just an idea meh.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Ha well all ideas are good even if they dont end up working out, so looks like the manchest place is out . but i'll keep lookin and if / once i find something you guys will know right away XD

jvsmooth

Smash Cadet
Yeah it is called PC Arena and it's in Manchester mall. I know one of the guys that works there and he was cool with the idea of setting up a tourny. I once walked in on a Soul Calibur tourny they were having and there was like 6 people playing. So I know we would have more than that.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
unknownforce said:
Cursed Zoso, insulting the small state of RI and not even a congrats for a fellow RIer for winning? I'm hurt :(
Dude, you know I'd never dis RI. Congratulations, though. You definitely deserve it.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
RaSeruCort said:
<3 Isai

Blue come pick me up, I live like 5 mins from CCSU lol. I'd be glad to go and poon you guys. ^^;
So i did pick you pu and man did i get pooned @_@... but hey thanks for all the tips, Coach Cort FTW!! Now that ive seen how you do everything at least i have a good grasp of the concept and i just have to work on it ^_^
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_milktea said:

;.
Goodluck with your test Milk! i hated macbeth, such a horrible book. but you can play allll the smash you want in one day, and yes we will definatly have to play sometime next week because i think the F-Zero music i was listening to the other day somehow helped, it somehow created a healing strip like in F-Zero and healed my car because the engine is working perfectly fine now o_O .. hell im not complaining its pretty rad

Aiser

Smash Lord
Macbeth was teh awesome play..>.> I remember reading that my junior year, my god I hated my english teacher "Demetri, did your essay..", "Yes I did." ***** ****ing fails me anyway >=O

Cort

Apple Head
I actually enjoyed reading Macbeth. o__O

I still remember memorizing that awesome verse.

[ahem]
Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow, creeps in this petty pace from day to day, to the last syllable of recorded time, and all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death.
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

:laugh:

_milktea

Smash Lord
Omg Cort...I had to memorize that exact passage for this week >_>. I had to recite it in front of my class.

You forgot, "She should have died hereafter, there would have been a time for such a word,".

I can't believe you remember that >_>. Stop being uber at everything! XD.

Aiser

Smash Lord
How old is cort..>_> I'm guessing by milks reaction he's probably around my age o_O

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Hahaha , i was in Drama last year, but i dont kinow i cant say im a huge fan of reading period heh. I didnt mind much ado about nothing though .. and my class just started reading slaughter house 5, it sounds like it should be interesting

Top Bottom