• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First ever NSW crew league: rules, organisation and discussion

I LAG

Smash Lord
i personally think it should be banned but like luke i am also bias because mk sux at that stage so bad

Browny

Smash Hater
Is this seriously a debate whether shadow moses should be legal?

lmao its like one of the most obviously needs-to-be-banned stages behind wario ware, rumble falls, mario bros etc. dont most characters have a lock/infinite of some sort there?

S.D

Smash Master
It was on the DC stage list and it seems that there is still conjecture in these parts as to whether it should be banned or not. Melbourne adopted a greater stage list with it included which is where this all sort of stemmed from. Who cares, if it comes up someone will most likely ban it. I don't care either way, personally I think it's a bad stage but that's just my opinion.

I LAG

Smash Lord
in crews is there a time limit per match? it will take awhile to break the walls and kill yourself.

F_T_S

Smash Journeyman
DK wall combo's are fine with me.

last time i pulled of a DK wall combo i got pika *****

Gords

Smash Champion
a couple of things.

1stly,
yes hitting the wall does stale moves, as does hitting anything else for that matter. hence the big deal with the ballon on smashville as you hit it with a weak attack to refresh your strrong attacks (a bit). it will also count as successfully hitting a target and is counted in your hit rate.

2ndly,
dieing resets your stale move cue. so the shadow moses issue the person needing to remove stock should destroy the wall.

3rdly.
It is not even neccessary to remove stock. if shodow moses is the stage selected play the match s normal and when the player who had to remove stock has lost the amount of stock he should of had remaining then end the game. eg if P1 was to enter the crew match with only 1 stock against the P2 who just entered the crew match so he has 3 stock, then play the game from the start and as soon as P2 takes 1 stock (out of the 3 stock) from P1 then end the game. if P1 took stock from P2 then P2 will enter the next game with how many stock he had remaining when he knocked a stock from P1. P2 can do this normally as the stage should ntot be shadow moses.

lastly,
my opinoin is that shadow moses should be allowed no matter which form of stock canceling is used, as it is a singles counterpick. Not much of a reason I know but I cant see any other reason for a ban.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
on the issue of stale moves, does anyone know if your moves stale if you use them and miss?
I assume from what gords said that they dont.

Gords

Smash Champion
Your correct luke. An attack has to make contact with a target (can be stage obsticle such as the wall on SM, container/sandbag, or another player) for it to be added to the stale move cue.

idontgottaname

Smash Apprentice
lol @ everyone flaming i lag when for once he didnt make a troll post. Dont get me wrong though, he brought this on himself

I LAG

Smash Lord
Well, I beat kulla there using ROB without much trouble... I can imagine ROB having a decent advantage.
But ur really good. Rob would probably only have a slight advantage on that stage. Also if shadow moses is going to be on the stage list i think Gords method would be best.

nearly got my 50post

Gords

Smash Champion
I would prefer all legal stages. But if it is neutrals only it should be the extended neutrals list with defino, halberg, etc

I also think there should be a minimum of 7 stages but 10 stages would be better as there will be 4-7 stages used per crew battle.

also i cant remember but are you allowed to play on a stage that has previously been played on during that crew battle. and if you can is it allowed for a player to play on a stage that they have previously played on during their crew match?

S.D

Smash Master
But ur really good. Rob would probably only have a slight advantage on that stage. Also if shadow moses is going to be on the stage list i think Gords method would be best.

nearly got my 50post
Are you serious? MK is rendered more or less useless on Shadow Moses, it is close to, if not his worst stage. ROB has a huge advantage here.

I would prefer all legal stages. But if it is neutrals only it should be the extended neutrals list with defino, halberg, etc

I also think there should be a minimum of 7 stages but 10 stages would be better as there will be 4-7 stages used per crew battle.

also i cant remember but are you allowed to play on a stage that has previously been played on during that crew battle. and if you can is it allowed for a player to play on a stage that they have previously played on during their crew match?
It's fine to play on the same stages, that's not an issue whatsoever. Each player is entitled one stage cancel, this is the only time stages are not to be played on. Although if it were to be nuetrals only I would consider eliminating the right to stage cancel. I'd like to see a larger stage list personally for brawl as it adds another strategy element. Nuetrals only for melee.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero

nearly got my 50post
sure meteor is really good, but before he stopped playing kulla was the best in nsw by far.
so yes rob would have a significant advantage on that level, its a good counter pick against mk with most characters. (lol pretty much what sd said)

also I agree with sd, all stages makes it much more fun and interesting, spear piller for neutral anyone?

Gords

Smash Champion
I still say 7 stages minimum for melee so the melee stages should be:

Yoshi Island
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium
Battlefield
Final Destination
Corneria
Kongo Jungle 64

I think a minimum of 10 stages should be used for brawl. these could be:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Delfino Plaza
Yoshi Island
Halberg
Lylat Cruise
Castle Seige [D]
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium (melee)
Corneria (melee) [D]

but i would also like to see:

Luigi Mansion
Pirate Ship
Frigate Orpheon
Norfair
Pokemon Stadium 2
Spear Pillar
Distant Planet
Pictochat
Skyworld
Shadow Moses [D]
Rainbow Cruise (melee)
Brinstar (melee)
Jungle Japes (melee)

this last list is more personal preference. you could aslo include stages like onett, green greens, mario circuit, green hill zone, etc.

all this is my opinion anyways. the final decision is up to Tim.

I LAG

Smash Lord
if u let corneria in then you might as well let in
Luigi Mansion
Pirate Ship
Frigate Orpheon
Norfair
Pokemon Stadium 2
Distant Planet
Rainbow Cruise (melee)
Brinstar (melee)
Jungle Japes (melee)
yoshi's island (melee)

Bjay

Smash Lord
Melee's stages should always be the neutral stages it's always been...

Melee:

- Battlefield
- Dream Land 64
- Final Destination
- Fountain of Dreams
- Pokemon Stadium
- Yoshi's Story

As for Brawl...well I'm not gonna really involve myself with the brawl stages.

Brawl
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Halberd - ?
- Lylat Cruise
- Smashville

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I would also like to see all the legal levels used because it makes it more interesting and I enjoy playing on counterpick levels more than neutrals (mainly Japes <3)

S.D

Smash Master
I still say 7 stages minimum for melee so the melee stages should be:

Yoshi Island
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium
Battlefield
Final Destination
Corneria
Kongo Jungle 64

I think a minimum of 10 stages should be used for brawl. these could be:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Delfino Plaza
Yoshi Island
Halberg
Lylat Cruise
Castle Seige [D]
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium (melee)
Corneria (melee) [D]

but i would also like to see:

Luigi Mansion
Pirate Ship
Frigate Orpheon
Norfair
Pokemon Stadium 2
Spear Pillar
Distant Planet
Pictochat
Skyworld
Shadow Moses [D]
Rainbow Cruise (melee)
Brinstar (melee)
Jungle Japes (melee)

this last list is more personal preference. you could aslo include stages like onett, green greens, mario circuit, green hill zone, etc.

all this is my opinion anyways. the final decision is up to Tim.
For melee i think you meant Yoshi Story as Yoshi Island is the one with the pipes. As for Corneria as a nuetral you are out of your mind there man it is nowhere near a nuetral. Rainbow cruise and Pokefloats are actually closer to nuetral stages than Corneria. Kongo Jungle isn't really a well liked stage and it's basically just an auto-ban for most people, having it in is just a waste of space imo. As Bjay said it should be the traditional stage list for melee.

As for brawl all legal stages could be fun, it made for an interesting dynamic at DC...

tedeth

Smash Master
All legal stages for brawl is good it creates a more tactical approach to cancelling the stages. You have to know how good your character aswell as your opponent's is on that stage and what your odds are of getting a worse/better stage if you cancel.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol here's the stage list for my upcoming tourney, lots of stuff is on, also note that there are only 5 neutrals because we are using stage striking and people get really annoyed having to stage strike lots when there and lots of neutrals (and it pretty much always ends up being smashville anyway)

Neutral:
Battlefield
Smashville
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counterpick:
Lylat Cruise
Delfino
Halberd
Castle Siege [D]
Luigi's Mansion
Corneria [D]
Rainbow Cruise
Frigate Orpheon
Norfair
Brinstar
Pokémon Stadium 2
Jungle Japes
Distant Planet
Pictochat
Green Greens [D]
Onett [D]
Mario Circuit [D]
Pirate Ship
Green Hill Zone [D]
Shadow Moses [D]
Port Town Aero Dive
Bridge of Eldin [D]
Skyworld
Yoshi's Island (Pipes) [D]
Spear Pillar

Gords

Smash Champion
someone shoot me, I forgot Dream Land 64 for melée.

Ok for my melée list would then be

Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi story (the stage without pipes)
Pokemon Stadium
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land 64

However I would also like to see

Rainbow cruise
Corneria
Pokefloats

S.D

Smash Master
I'm not a big fan of having both RC and PF. I say one or the other, one moving stage is enough.

I move for RC and no Pokefloats.

Top Bottom