• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First DQ of *Pound* 4

L__

Smash Master
wow hostility

I'm sorry to hear you housed him

I had a completely different idea of how he was

x_X

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I am legitimately worried right now. Pbnj was holding onto my winterfest money cuz he said I would lose it if I held onto it and I only have 290 dollars of it right now. I know the majority (like 60% or so I think) was being mailed to my house or being given to me in person at pound4, but I think I should have a lot more than 290 (well I actually have 140 but that's cuz I'm lending christina money to go to pound4 meaning I only got back 290 from him so he either bought stuff with my money most likely or ... idk).

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Jason, his mother wanted a list of everyone's full names, mailing addresses, and the amounts owed.

Please send me a message with all of that information so I can get it to her.

It's clear that no one can trust what he says, anymore.

He was told to call people in Georgia who would be at Winterfest that he owed money to. He called them and asked them what he owed. He said he'd pay them at Winterfest [along with certain Floridian(s) to whom he owes money] and whether things were "talked about" or ignored, the short story is that he didn't pay those people.

So yeah, please send me that information.

Thanks.

And to the people I mentioned earlier who housed or funded Evan's trip for Pat's House, please give me the details I requested, if you don't mind.

Hostility

Smash Ace
I am legitimately worried right now. Pbnj was holding onto my winterfest money cuz he said I would lose it if I held onto it and I only have 290 dollars of it right now. I know the majority (like 60% or so I think) was being mailed to my house or being given to me in person at pound4, but I think I should have a lot more than 290 (well I actually have 140 but that's cuz I'm lending christina money to go to pound4 meaning I only got back 290 from him so he either bought stuff with my money most likely or ... idk).
........That was pretty stupid of you to do.

mio

Smash Ace
"Never let someone take something of value from you unless you trust them 100%"

I thought we were taught these kinds of things in 1st and 2nd grade

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure it was Evan's group that stole one of our smasher's wallets from the San Diego Hotel Room at Genesis. We were right next to DJ's room, and those fat *****es came in right after Shiz, PBnJ, et al stopped by and said a bunch of stupid **** to us. The second they left, one of our San Diego guys says his wallet was missing (he set it down because he went to the shower; he's an idiot) but I'm pretty sure someone in that group took it, and it wasn't the fat ugly *****es.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Holy crap I can't believe he offered to hold onto your money like that M2k, that's such a scummy thing of him to try and pull. You should kind of have a lot more for third in Melee and first in Brawl along with teams stuff.

DJMirror

Smash Master
Mew2king you're one of my favorite players but god **** I can't believe you gave him your money! Please be more careful! You didn't respond back to my pm =(

Miharu

Smash Hero
Do you have a stick up your *** or something? I was just joking dude relax. And I was mostly talking about Jkun because he always has random girls as his avatar, but if you want to take it personally then be my guest lol
yes, clearly

should probably grow a brain before you open your mouth in the future

Jun.

Smash Lord
Yeah I housed a BUNCH of people for Pat's House including PB&J and throughout the course of the weekend I had a few experiences. I'll just cliffnote it so it doesn't become a block of text.

- throughout the weekend he was really aggressive on trying to sell people shirts. At my house to the 20+ people I housed and at the tourney. I don't see too wrong with this since it is a business for him I guess. The only part that was iffy was when someone didn't have cash so he wanted ME to drive this guy I didn't know to an ATM so he could get money for a shirt (me and the random guy kinda looked at each other and were like wth? I ended up saying no).
neutral/bad

- I housed probably a total of 20ish different people and he was the only one to ask me for blankets and even a towel. I ended up giving him my embroidered blankets from my sorority big and lil sis which have my letter and name on them. Also lent him a towel which is sorta a pet peeve of mine. It might just be me but I mean come on a towel is used to wipe your entire body clean, almost the same thing as borrowing someone's underwear. If you're going to bring a duffle bag full of shirts you're gonna sell at the tourney, you definitely could have brought a towel at least.
bad

*a side note related to the last point*
The people who helped drive people to and from the venue were amazing during the weekend. The people of SD like Leeland and ChizzleSD and even Zhu were basically the call guys if anyone needed a ride (I probably am missing some people too sorry if I did). They were called on so much that I don't even know how many times each of them drove and where. Thanks guys for helping everyone out.

- It was my assumption that the people I housed would somehow find their ways back home when the tournament ended. I couldn't drive Toph and Blunted_object cause of work so they called a taxi with their money and got to the airport. Evan on the other hand told me on the last day of Pat's House that their flight was actually the next day and that him and DJnintendo needed to spend an extra night. Not too much of a problem except that I was just exhausted from running around all weekend. Bad news was that near the end it was evident that Evan and DJ weren't able to find a ride to the airport for their flight which was the next morning at 8AM. So ultimately I say yes asking him for money first which actually should be the other way around IMO. So the last experience I have with Evan is the following
- Tourney ends everyone finds a way home
- I have work so I drop him and DJ off at Powered-By-Sex's Dorm
- Pick him and DJ up and go back to my house
- Wake up at 7AM and leave my girlfriend who was down from riverside to drive to the airport
bad/very bad

When I was dropping him off he offered me a choice of either a shirt or money. I wasn't sure exactly how much money I was gonna get so I just got a shirt instead. The whole incident wasn't really too much of a problem. It was more like "I housed you and offered utilities and rides and you still need more accommodations in the end....". Evan I don't really have a major problem with you unlike some of the other people in this thread but all the small things kinda added up. There were better ways to go about your time in SD.

1. Pack accordingly. Think about whether a towel and blanket are more or less important than a bag of shirts when cross country.

2. There's a time and place where trying to sell things are appropriate. IMO the majority of smash players are young and they don't really have "their own money" which really makes it hard for them to yes or no when you ask them. Asking them is one thing but when you're asking me to drive a stranger to an ATM so they could get money to buy a shirt is a little overboard also. Chances are if someone says they don't have cash, its more or less a euphemism for no.

3. If you're gonna need extra accommodations such as staying an extra night, or a ride to the airport at 7AM, it would probably be of your best interest to plan it out even before you get to the tourney itself. And if anything, if you're asking someone for a favor, offer something upfront so that you don't come off as just needy. Chances are if someone asks me for a ride and tells me they'll pay me first, I'll usually just say its fine and I don't need money.

Please inform me if at any part of of my experience was unfair or if I'm crazy. I just put myself in Evan's situation and thought about what I would have done at the time.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
thanks for posting that...

sorry that he's been spreading that behavior everywhere...I suppose you could put partial blame on a lot of GA's community because no one ever enforced a serious enough consequence to similar actions and he got accustomed to getting away with it

:(

mio

Smash Ace
yes, clearly

should probably grow a brain before you open your mouth in the future
Don't post comebacks if you don't have one noob, this post means nothing and can be applied to anyone/any post. You're too stupid to actually address and counter what I have to say. Take your own advice.

DJMirror

Smash Master
Really? ****! Chocolate love is a tight song if you check out the lyrics. Other then that, merry christmas

Miharu

Smash Hero
Don't post comebacks if you don't have one noob, this post means nothing and can be applied to anyone/any post. You're too stupid to actually address and counter what I have to say. Take your own advice.
so tell me why you're projecting your inadequacies onto me? read your own post and realize that it could also be "applied to anyone/any post." got any more worthless blanket statements to make?

anyways if you can't grasp the fact that people have more reasons for not choosing to respond to your typical flamebaiting bull**** other than the fact that they're "too stupid" (which is clearly never the case) then you'll be leading a nice life indeed

here i'll make it simple for you

just because a post can be applied to anyone doesn't mean your exempt from it. so in this case, you'd be well advised to "grow a brain" before posting

anyways

can't decide which is worse, chocolate love or gee

sigh taeyeon tho

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Really? ****! Chocolate love is a tight song if you check out the lyrics. Other then that, merry christmas
=D yeah I read the translations and I was lollin.

MERRY CHRISTMAS 3:<
can't decide which is worse, chocolate love or gee

sigh taeyeon tho
Chocolate Love was done better by f(x) I found. Gee is and will always be amazingly legit =P

you cannot escape

Miharu

Smash Hero
im going down on the 14th/15th or something

will stop by irvine, dunno how long though. may be anywhere from a few hours to a day

mio

Smash Ace
so tell me why you're projecting your inadequacies onto me? read your own post and realize that it could also be "applied to anyone/any post." got any more worthless blanket statements to make?
I'm not projecting anything onto you, I'm just reacting to your uptight attitude (the stick up your *** thing). I originally just made a joke about how Jkun always has hot girls as his avatars, and this makes him look like a desperate loser that doesn't get laid enough. But somehow you thought you were included in my joke and felt the need to prove something. You didn't need to prove anything moron, I was just joking. Even Jkun understood that.

Miharu said:
anyways if you can't grasp the fact that people have more reasons for not choosing to respond to your typical flamebaiting bull**** other than the fact that they're "too stupid" (which is clearly never the case) then you'll be leading a nice life indeed
I don't give a ****, go die

DJMirror

Smash Master
Chocolate Love was done better by f(x) I found. Gee is and will always be amazingly legit =P

you cannot escape
F(X) was horrible imo =___=

I just know that Jessica's lil sister in that group lol a friend told me about it

EDIT

@Miharu

C'mon just chill i knew it was a joke lol but I can't wait til you go to irvine! see ya there!

@Mio I always dont have a hot girl as my avatar. my first avatar was.......i think it was a hot girl (LOL) but the next few times were mega man, headphones, marth's sword, a guitar, a pic of black cartoon people and other stuff. my last two avatars were two Jrock guys from a band called Alice Nine (one of my favorite two japanese rock bands) I just added this avatar recently. and i wanted a christmas theme sig and recently i been listening to SNSD lol

Top Bottom