• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Double-post because it's been long enough.
Yeah, I haven't been able to play FE for several days, so I didn't have anything much to say.

Last night I played some. Thought about taking some pics, but my phone was dead, and the charger stopped working, and the chapters got easier...

Big things that happened:
*Ricken died protecting Maribelle (forgot to mention it)
*Ricken... Why didn't you listen to Chrom?!
*Chrom married MU with S support.
*Not even a ring? Chrom, I am disappoint.
*Kellam married Miriel with S support.
*Recruited Gaius.
*Nowi "retired" protecting Gregor.
*She can't die for some reason.
*FeMU killed Tharja.
*I was expecting some dialogue, but... Nope.
*Libra died ;_;
*Wyvern reinforcements swarmed him because he was giving his axe to Vaike. It was the end of the mission and I really didn't want to restart... Sorry, Libra.
*My whole team is level 16-18, so I'm gonna need those mass quantity Master/Second seals really soon!
*Still not sure what's the best route to go as fas as classes for some characters.

My plan so far:

Kellam: Knight > Great Knight > War Monk
Miriel: Mage > Troubador > Valkyrie
Chrom: Lord > Great Lord > Archer > Bow Knight
Avatar: Tactician > Grandmaster > Dark Flier
Vaike: Fighter > Hero > Warrior
Sully: Cavalier > Great Knight > Paladin
Gaius: Theif > Fighter > Hero
Tiki: Manakete

Laurent: Mage > Sage
Kjelle: Knight > Great Knight

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
The color palette for the armor is actually Sigurney, which came out much better than I had originally expected.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
The other thing was that the left (front) part of his hair is actually Raven's.
I thought the hair looked rather Raven-esqe! I guess it's a good thing I was able to pick that out, seeing how he is on my draft team...

Speaking of which, I flubbed an attempt at Uhai's chapter when Uhai got a 4% crit on his first attack on Wil with his Short Bow after he failed to get a single 22% crit on Lowen between 4 Killing Edge attacks. I gave the RNG an opening and it capitalized. :rolleyes:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Seriously, you never noticed how it was almost an alternate-universe Roy? That was the first thing I noticed :p

So I got up to chapter 13. Lucina joined, and is warming up the bench ;_;

I spent a few hours last night messing with trying to recruit Laurent (who I decided would probably make a better Sorceror, since I'm not likely to have any others). I could easily bum rush the boss and be done with it, but the chapter is such a treasure trove of items and experience... But those Berserkers and Falcon Knights are too fast! Laurent gets doubled by them, so he has to steer clear of them. Unfortunately, I haven't memorized all those spawn points. It's been a serious challenge to complete this map 100%, but the rewards are just so sweet! I think just need to adjust my strategy...

lol I thought the intention was to have eliwood/roy scheme. I to make a string of wall-*character* portraits. Wallicka is the best thing I have done so far. OH! I have a great idea for you @Ryker. If it turns out well I hope you like it :D

With the three drafts that have gone on I have lost track of who finished what. How many people still have to finish the FE7, FE8, and FE13 drafts?

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I'm on Henry's chapter. He keeps getting killed because he's so slow and I want to get him caught up with the rest of the team.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Independence Day weekend has led to much playing of Fire Emblem!

I recruited Laurent and made him a Dark Mage (now a Sorcerer). Man, that Nosferatu tanking is probably the only reason I beat chapter 19. You know, the one where you first fight Walhart out in his castle courtyard? Man, that chapter on Hard Mode is just brutal. Even if you choose to fight both armies in Yarne's chapter (which I did on another file), at least there you have terrain to help you dodge hits. I basically had to form a phalanx just to survive. Man, and it took me about 4 or 5 tries to finally figure out exactly what to do every turn to survive... And to get the good luck necessary. I didn't count how many reinforcements joined in, but all told, I wouldn't be shocked to find I had to endure over 50 enemy units to clear this map. After chapter 19, Sully finally learned Aegis, and then it was time to recruit Kjelle.

With Kjelle in tow, I now had just enough units to properly defend Tiki! I didn't really plan it that way, but I'm glad two child units was just enough. Here's a kinda blurry shot of the proper defense formation:

The AI in Tiki's chapter was kinda bizarre. The enemies only wanted to attack Vaike, Valory (MU), and Miriel. The only way anyone else got any kills was when some hapless flying fool was in range. Those three units were on the back left, center front, and back right, respectively. Keep in mind, Chrom, next to Vaike, had an Iron Bow equipped the entire time, and was a sitting duck to close-range assults. The AI couldn't be bothered to care, for once. Very weird.

With Kjelle now a General, and Tiki in tow, it was time to put an end to Walhart's empire of tyranny. Tiki paied up with my Dark Flier Avatar and gained some levels, used some leftover keys to nab some treasure, and took the honors of instigating the final bout with the Conqueror. After softening him up a bit, Chrom, paired with Warrior Vaike, finished him off (after some dramatic dialogue) with a critical hit from his trusty Iron Bow, and reached weapon level C for bows.

One thing I really love about the limited army size (10 units, for me) is how many support levels I get on characters. Most of the time, I'd have my couples married off, but those characters wouldn't have many other back-up supports. With a close-knit elite, almost everyone has at least a C support with everyone else. Not only is it more meaningful, flavor-wise, but it really helps with the interchangeability of my units. Some pretty clutch Dual Guards/Dual Strikes, for one thing.

Last edited:

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
The AI in that chapter attacks only the units closest to Tiki.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Ok I just played through Serafew on Sacred Stones and it was hard up till this point! Seth Destroyed things more then usual today but every time I tried before now I got my butt kicked Sacred Stones is a Hard FE and its not forgiving either

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Every Recruitment theme in All FE games to FE 13 I think we are on now
EDIT Shadow Dragon is not on here but its just Marth's theme so we are on FE 13 but only 12 are present on here

Last edited:

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
Ok I just played through Serafew on Sacred Stones and it was hard up till this point! Seth Destroyed things more then usual today but every time I tried before now I got my butt kicked Sacred Stones is a Hard FE and its not forgiving either
Sacred Stones is generally considered one of the easiest. At that point you already have Seth, Franz, and Vanessa, who should all be fine to take on the chapter. There's also Gilliam if you don't mind his low movement.

Also, ANinyMouse, have you been using Pair Up? It makes the game a lot easier.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Of course! But I don't always use it. I find it more exciting to stay unpaired at times. I can always change up my strategy mid-battle, if it seems like a good idea. For instance, in chapter 19, when you're bombarded by continual waves of enemies and reinforcements, staying side-by-side allows me twice as many actions on my player phase, ensuring that one unit doesn't have to succumb to relentless bullying, for instance. It also serves to spread the support points and experience around more efficiently.

Once the enemy numbers have dwindled a bit, I can pair up all my units and make for the boss. Walhart is a monster of a unit when you face him one-on-one, but it's a pretty fair fight when you're paired up.

The whole point of the draft, for me, was to challenge myself and play differently. Doing things that make it very safe or easy ALL the time defeats the purpose. And when you only have very, very few units, sometimes choke points, defenseless NPCs, and sheer enemy numbers dictate that you not pair up.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Sacred Stones is generally considered one of the easiest. At that point you already have Seth, Franz, and Vanessa, who should all be fine to take on the chapter. There's also Gilliam if you don't mind his low movement.

Who is Franz? I don't have him! and when I said it was hard I was generally talking about Not Using Seth Too much

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Alright then. I suppose it's just a bit odd to me, because when I play Awakening, all of my units are always paired up.
That's fine. For me, I don't like that. I use pair-up at key points, but I don't enjoy pairing up constantly. It makes the game considerably easier, for one, is inefficient at distributing exp, for two, and interferes with classic strategies (like choke points) on ealier maps with limited numbers of units.

With adjacent bonuses, I still get the hit, avoid, crit and dodge, as well as dual strikes/dual guards.

Plus, it feels more like the Fire Emblem games of yore. Pair-up is generally too good in this game. It diminishes much of the strategic value I expect from FE experiences, and turns it into a very offensive playstyle. I've never been a hyper-offense kind of guy, ever.

Pair-up is great for weak/newly-recruited units, and taking down bosses, and transporting units with low movement, etc. But to do it all the time is unnecessary.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Welp, I said all that stuff about how I don't like to pair up excessively, and yet, chapter 21 came and went, and the lucky hits off the Mire snipers were enough to make me retry the chapter paired up for the entire thing. Seriously... those 29% hits...

Almost done. Not many chapters left, now.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I'm gonna try to set this up from my phone, since I don't have a computer I can use.

Ladies and gentlemen, if I'm not mistaken, I am the second person to complete the FE13 hard mode draft this go-around. I'm currently waiting to say hello to Grima, so I thought I'd spoiler what my final team looks like. 10 units. I'm probably gonna keep editing them in so that I won't lose this post if the browser tab crashes (it happens).

Things I would do differently? I think it was a mistake to second seal Vaike from Hero to Warrior so soon, at level 10. He was getting pretty regular Skill and Speed buffs as a Hero, but as soon as I went to Warrior, his Speed growth decreased noticeably.

Valory, my Avatar this time, did better than my Avatars usually do, honetly. With HP as an asset, she always could take hits, once I got past the first couple chapters. Ignis was a cool skill for Dark Flier to utilize. She was my first flying unit, and it came halfway through. Having no flying units early on definitely was challenging at times!

Kellam is Kellam (slow as balls, easy to RNG screw). Going Great Knight was the only way to get any Speed growth, and Luna is very cool. Ended in General because why not? He'd just be a mediocre Assassin, anyway, with E rank in Swords and Bows. Most of the stat-boosting items I got I had to pump into Kellam to keep him usable.

Valkyrie was the best ending class by far for Miriel, after spending those early desert chapters as a Sage. Tomefaire is cool.

Bow Knight Chrom is better than I thought. If this was a grind run, I'd run through Sniper first, but it's fine. I only wish his armor was cooler-looking...

Going Swordmaster with Gaius instead of Assassin allowed me to pick up Avoid +10 and Vantage, and to pass Astra to Kjelle. It was fun using Amatsu to get through the Walhart chapters! I wish there were more swords like it. Locktouch was very helpful.

Sully did fine with Paladin to Great Knight. Her Strength lagged a tad, but after an Energy Drop, she started rolling Strength again. Her Defense and HP are surprisingly low, so she can't solo frontline like in the early chapters. Paladin gave her the stats she needed to succeed as a Great Knight, think.

Tiki is a monster. Capped HP, Strength, Skill and Speed. She is invincible.

Laurent the Sorcerer is fantastic. Nosferatu is great, Mire was helpful, Waste destroys everything, and he makes a cool partner for...

Kjelle is (was) my strongest physical unit, with +10 strength over even Vaike. I went for General just because I love her unique armor, at first. Second Sealed to Dark Flier, which dropped her strength by 10 points, because I plan on doing some DLC fun with this file after I beat Grima and the draft is over.

It was fun! Thanks, guys! Maybe next time I'll do a "no second seals" file...

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Welp, please excuse the brief double-post, since my phone crashes if I try to edit my last post. I guess it got too big.

I was pretty impressed that Tiki only took 1 damage from Grima. Based Tiki softened up the boss for me. Then...

EAT VALFLAME, GRIMA

nessokman

Smash Lord
Welp, please excuse the brief double-post, since my phone crashes if I try to edit my last post. I guess it got too big.

I was pretty impressed that Tiki only took 1 damage from Grima. Based Tiki softened up the boss for me. Then...

EAT VALFLAME, GRIMA

Ridley confirmed :troll:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 189823

Just fo the record (for anyone who cares), I haven't abandoned you guys (KIND OF). My mother took away my Wii, 3DS and DS because lifestuff. So I can't play, at the moment. ): I haven't forgotten about the draft, here, though. I'll get to it, when I can.

In other news, I bought FE6 on eBay for a great price. :D

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Just fo the record (for anyone who cares), I haven't abandoned you guys (KIND OF). My mother took away my Wii, 3DS and DS because lifestuff. So I can't play, at the moment. ): I haven't forgotten about the draft, here, though. I'll get to it, when I can.

In other news, I bought FE6 on eBay for a great price. :D
Congrats on the acquisition.

I understand about the life stuff. Although I'm a bit old for my parents to be taking games away from me, they did do similar things in the past. Even as an adult, I have to take things away from myself on occasion. I had to quit playing Pokemon a few months back, for instance, because it was causing me life problems.

So while I can somewhat sympathize with you (without knowing any details), I will say that, most likely, if your mom took your games, she did it because she loves you and wants you to make good choices in life, to thrive. And if that's true, I would side with your mother. Real life does need to come before video games. I have trouble acknowledging that sometimes, myself.

D

Deleted member 189823

People who know me personally happen to know this isn't the most uncommon things to 'happen', to me (lol). I tend to get in trouble for a bit of personal problems (I don't mind telling, though). It's also always been a bit of a custom for my parents to ban games on weekdays, so it's not like I'm dying over here.

I think it would be great if they took away my computer, instead. It's always been more of an unhealthy vice for me- And only just now, I am slowly pulling away and doing more productive things. If anything, I'd say video games are rather healthy, since it's not like I spend countless hours on them.

Thanks for the feedback.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
People who know me personally happen to know this isn't the most uncommon things to 'happen', to me (lol). I tend to get in trouble for a bit of personal problems (I don't mind telling, though). It's also always been a bit of a custom for my parents to ban games on weekdays, so it's not like I'm dying over here.

I think it would be great if they took away my computer, instead. It's always been more of an unhealthy vice for me- And only just now, I am slowly pulling away and doing more productive things. If anything, I'd say video games are rather healthy, since it's not like I spend countless hours on them.

Thanks for the feedback.
Welp, I can relate. If you ever want to chat privately, get a load off your chest, whatever, just email me at aninymouse3@gmail.com.

Barely on Ch. 16 of my run :x
How goes it? Who are your MVPs so far? Any unique challenges this run?

D

Deleted member 189823

Thank you. (:
I don't have gmail. I normally use Skype. Do you have one, too?

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I don't have Skype, sorry. I communicate mostly through my Blackberry, so text messages and email (and these forums) are the best way to reach me.

I think I'm gonna finish my other Hard file. I left off at chapter 18. All the marriages are set, I just need to get a few parents levelled up, recruit the kids, and then finish the game. I think I'll do some DLC missions, too. The problem with a file where you try and get all the kids is that your whole army ends up underlevelled, and you have to grind... Ah, the things I do to get ready for Future Past.

Last edited:

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Just cleared the Dragon's Gate chapter in my FE7 Draft. Here's how my team looks right now:

Hector's been doing pretty well, catching up in the deficiencies he had before, especially in Def. He's now more or less average on everything now, with a slight lead in HP and the huge lead in Skl (+5.9 now) he had before.

Lowen promoted as soon as I reached the Dread Isle, and he's continuing to be untouchable. His level ups since promotion have been pretty crappy though. He's still doing okay though, with a slight lead in Str and his massive Def still counteracting his garbage Spd.

Priscilla had a strong start, but has also gotten some pretty mediocre level-ups recently. She's behind on Spd and Lck, and is actually doing really badly for HP too, though at least her Mag and Res are slightly above average. I'm running low on Heal staves though...

Freshly promoted Wil, thanks to Uhai's Orion's Bolt. One point behind in Str after taking the Energy Ring I gave him into consideration, and slightly behind in Luck as well, but has slight leads in Def and Res and a few extra points of HP to make up for it. Pretty happy with how he's turning out so far.

Raven's been looking pretty good too, with no deficits and some extra Lck and Def. Great offensive unit, and helped a ton against Kishuna's Sniper lackeys. Could ORKO them with a Killing Edge if he got one crit with close to a 40% chance. (which he did do against one of them)

Lucius is actually looking really good too; he's slightly behind now in Mag and Skl, but is a fair bit above average in everything else. (he did get a robe for HP, but he's still +2 after factoring that in) I've been trying not to use him too heavily because I've had a shortage of Light tomes for a long time, but once I stock up, he'll be seeing a ton of use.

Dorcas has basically been delegated to Merlinus guard duty, but his offense has made him pretty damn good at that. The few level-ups he's gotten over the last few chapters haven't been great -- he's basically relying on the absurd amount of Spd he gained in Lyn's mode. So far though, that's been enough. His overall stats actually aren't bad anyway -- he does have slight Str and Res leads on top of his busted Spd.

Dart has kind of sucked so far. He's been performing okay, but his level-ups have been consistently pretty trashy. He's a point ahead in HP, but slightly behind in Str, Skl (no gains yet), Lck, and Def. I hope he picks up the slack soon...

Overall, this hasn't felt all too difficult so far. My team is pretty well-rounded, aside from being kinda Axe heavy, and I haven't really felt overwhelmed yet. Some of my supports are coming along too; I've got Wil/Dart C, Raven/Lucius B, Raven/Priscilla C, and Lucius/Priscilla C.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

A comic I just stumbled across lol also with the new smash announcement and all.

Booster

Smash Lord
Just wanted to say congrats to you guys for your victory, meanwhile us Xenoblade fans are ****ed right up the ass, now if you'll excuse me I'm off to find a new avatar.

Edit: Found one. Again, congrats, sorry about Chrom.

Last edited:

Zora_of_Ylisse

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ztm1996
3DS FC
0130-2279-7854
I've played FE on-and-off for a lot of years, but Awakening had me head-over-heels instantly. Honestly, I think my favorite character from the entire series is Robin from Awakening.

Top Bottom