• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia | GAME OVER: Not Equal To The Challenge

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'm saying lurk more than usual. Like I caught up and didn't see his presence FELT as I thought I would seeing from a town dabuz. These next two posts are NOT fluff at all. This is after you asking him about the two names thing in Walmart Mafia.

He continued to read Joey as scum but compared to here, he didn't really push for anyone. He simply egged on FML (early game). Yet notice in this game, his first 'wall' were fluffy questions, not really analysis or assertions. His content is lacking as opposed to his town play in Walmart Mafia.
This is a load of crap.

His activity fluctuates a lot.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Current Roster:
Kary supported by: Zen
Red Ryu
dabuz
Ranmaru
Sokr
FullMetalLynch
Xastrn
Potassium

Actions Taken:

Day 1
  • Ryker Pairs Up with Raziek at 5:23am EST, 10/27/13
  • soup Pairs Up with Colonel Stars Zen at 11:39am EST, 10/27/13
  • Potassium Pairs Up with Sokr at 8:30pm EST, 10/27/13
  • FullMetalLynch Pairs Up with Red Ryu at 2:29am EST, 10/28/13
  • Zen Separates from soup at 6:06pm EST, 10/30/13
  • Xastrn Attacks soup at 6:10pm EST, 10/30/13

Day 2
  • Red Ryu Separates from FullMetalLynch at 12:07am EST, 11/02/13
  • Xastrn Pairs Up with FullMetalLynch at 1:35am EST, 11/02/13
  • Zen Pairs Up with Kary at 3:27am EST, 11/03/13
  • FullMetalLynch Separates from Xastrn at 1:26pm EST, 11/03/13
  • Sokr Separates from Potassium at 5:23pm EST, 11/03/13

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Show me where he hasn't all game.
How about you talk to me about his D1 and his D2 separately. I'm fine with that. If you want to talk about it as a whole, sure, but I also want it broken up too to see how it flowed.

His activity fluctuates a lot.

What I mean is, generally, it does. I know that, I'm not saying that he's a very active poster. What I'm saying here, is he is very... soft-spoken. Now he's saying more stuff. In Walmart, I knew he was there in my heart because he had plenty of content. There I obviously didn't have a problem with him because I knew he had a direction and I let him do his thing. Earlier on he was a bit aimless. I think I already showed that when you said you disagreed with me.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
They are both my scumreads. Dabuz doesn't really do any hard pushes and he distances himself away from Xastrn (he said he didn't put a read out on him that opposed him), and yet turns around to do so today.

I am more confident on Dabuz than Xastrn.

You disagree?
You need to lay this kind of stuff out for me.

I don't in any semblance of logic can see Dabuz being a stronger scum read than Xastrn.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
How about you talk to me about his D1 and his D2 separately. I'm fine with that. If you want to talk about it as a whole, sure, but I also want it broken up too to see how it flowed.
Not interested right now, mostly since I still don't at all follow how you can separate what he did in Wallmart to here when he did the same stuff in Wallmart and FML tried to condemn my slot off that stuff D2.

Including the Joey question btw.

What I mean is, generally, it does. I know that, I'm not saying that he's a very active poster. What I'm saying here, is he is very... soft-spoken. Now he's saying more stuff. In Walmart, I knew he was there in my heart because he had plenty of content. There I obviously didn't have a problem with him because I knew he had a direction and I let him do his thing. Earlier on he was a bit aimless. I think I already showed that when you said you disagreed with me.
there really is no difference from Walmart and here.

Activity, Fluff, sometimes not good questions.

These do not tell you Dabuz scum, this tells you Dabuz posted it and that is all.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Not interested right now, mostly since I still don't at all follow how you can separate what he did in Wallmart to here when he did the same stuff in Wallmart and FML tried to condemn my slot off that stuff D2.

Including the Joey question btw.
Lol no I mean D1 in this game. >_> Talk to me about his frickin play. If he had solid questions and analysis D1 and D2, show me. Otherwise I don't see how you can back up your stances.

there really is no difference from Walmart and here.

I disagree. I think Dabuz can do better than what he did here, and in Walmart it shows.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Lol no I mean D1 in this game. >_> Talk to me about his frickin play. If he had solid questions and analysis D1 and D2, show me. Otherwise I don't see how you can back up your stances.

I disagree. I think Dabuz can do better than what he did here, and in Walmart it shows.
Better or worse =/= scummy.

People change in different ways off different circumstances.

His play, it's fine. That is what I am saying about it.

If you're asking me to go back and make a town case, you know very well I don't do that stuff.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
wrt: all potential future Pair Ups

When using the Separate command, consider the Pair Up terminated immediately, not when I post a thread update or say so in your conversation or anything else. Right after the command is issued. I'm not kicking anyone from any of the conversations, because I feel that all players involved in communication from a Pair Up should retain access to the posts made in private. Because of this, there's nothing physically preventing partners from continuing that conversation after a Separation. I ask that you all enforce this rule upon yourselves. Thanks.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Better or worse =/= scummy.
If you're asking me to go back and make a town case, you know very well I don't do that stuff.

That's not my point. I'm saying that we can tell that Dabuz CAN do better, so doing much less than his average is telling. It shows that his play here is different than Walmart for some reason.

Let me get a quote:

He did the same stuff both times. some solid questions, some air headed ones. He's done both.

So you are basically saying you can't back this up. Ok. I'm not saying make a town case, I'm saying show what you mean when you say things. Me going through all of his posts again doesn't actually show what you are referring to.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
(And I mean like 1 or 2 good examples, not alot, not that hard bro)

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
My discussion regarding Zen has been in private with Sokr. I've posted some of it in my Xastrn case.

I don't know if Xastrn can really be scum without Zen, though Zen could be scum without Xastrn. This relates to the manner in which Zen picked up on Xastrn's crumbs and basically claimed for him later on. There are individual things I have disliked about Zen, and I hate the reads that he has shared (not sure if the one's he is hiding can be much better). There's the threatening to shoot Xastrn and then using that as a basis to do a 180 on his read of Xastrn that connected them for me when I was rereading Xastrn at Night.
You're making good points, except for the fact that he even knew the part about creating a no-lynch by using Attack on the wrong numbered days. We did not breadcrumb that and he posted it.

Either we're both scum or both town, I think. That's why we're willing to bet the bank on a town-Zen.

I'm still catching up. This just caught my eye.

Kantrip

Kantplay
You're making good points, except for the fact that he even knew the part about creating a no-lynch by using Attack on the wrong numbered days. We did not breadcrumb that and he posted it.

Either we're both scum or both town, I think. That's why we're willing to bet the bank on a town-Zen.

I'm still catching up. This just caught my eye.
Don't forget about the fact that scum will have safe-claims, and can easily be given a full role as their safe-claim.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
holy ****

I just thought of something

what if

scum got the chance to use dance or even

that one skill that makes you attack twice

mind ****

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
That's not my point. I'm saying that we can tell that Dabuz CAN do better, so doing much less than his average is telling. It shows that his play here is different than Walmart for some reason.

Let me get a quote:

So you are basically saying you can't back this up. Ok. I'm not saying make a town case, I'm saying show what you mean when you say things. Me going through all of his posts again doesn't actually show what you are referring to.
Like you have shown anything that isn't what I said before.

You've been showing the same tells that people tried to comdemn me on in Wallmart, aka not WL but FML and others.You have not shown anything that shows what he is doing is a scum tell to his win con. All you have shown is the same tells that he does all the time.

He can do better?

Ummm, ok but why is that scummy if he is off from what he did in another game? Oh Ryker is off on his reads, better lynch him! opps he was town in Adventure time when people lynched him over that.

Seriously Ran, how is any of this more confident than Xastrn scum?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
  • Galeforce-If the user defeats an enemy character, they may attack again. Arguably one of the most useful skills in the game, this skill allows you to clear out up to two characters per turn with a single unit. It also works when the unit is in a Pair Up. If any females can get it, make sure they pass it down to their sons.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Ran why are you suddenly resorting to random speculation of whether or not some skills are in the setup?

Please.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
  • Galeforce-If the user defeats an enemy character, they may attack again. Arguably one of the most useful skills in the game, this skill allows you to clear out up to two characters per turn with a single unit. It also works when the unit is in a Pair Up. If any females can get it, make sure they pass it down to their sons.
Not even remotely important to discuss.

What you think of Sokr given what Zen pointed out with him being less willing to shoot?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ran why are you suddenly resorting to random speculation of whether or not some skills are in the setup?

Please.

It came to mind because I was thinking of Xastrn quickly shooting/attacking Soup. I mean it's null but I thought "****... what if he wanted it for some bonus". That's it. It just popped up, especially how frickin awesome that skill is.

Kantrip

Kantplay
It came to mind because I was thinking of Xastrn quickly shooting/attacking Soup. I mean it's null but I thought "****... what if he wanted it for some bonus". That's it. It just popped up, especially how frickin awesome that skill is.
Sure, there could be a role-related reason Xastrn wanted to shoot.
Speculating past that is pointless.
Does it change your opinion of Xast?

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
Yes I recognize that. I actually did think you had merit to that comment though. It was strange that Xastrn wasn't backing down to your threats.
I'll chip in again on this:
I don't back down on threats. It's just me. Xatres is the same way naturally. (again, we're brothers, and lived together for almost a year as adults a few years ago when circumstances brought us to the same town.) He didn't back down as a kid, and neither did I.

You might call it pride. I just call it confidence. I spent 6 years working a a juvenile facility for teens who were violent, sex offenders, and parole cases coming out of boys prison. I was in well over 100 restraints (when we physically control the youth in a controlled manner to avoid any injury or dangerous property damage.) I've studied Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, boxing, and muay thai kickboxing for all of my 20s (toss some krav maga experience in there, but not as much as the others), and I can de-escalate someone with my voice or fight with my hands or weapons. It makes no difference.

With that sort of background, I got used to people flipping out both verbally and physically on the daily. I just developed this cool calm character. I actually wear a wristband that says "Peace" on it every day. Not in a hippie way. Just in a lifestyle way. I don't really get riled up too quickly. Threats mean almost nothing to me, even from big dudes in bars or wherever. I just don't care, and I haven't ever been hurt except by my training partners.

All of that to say: threats don't bother me. You all have noticed that all game.

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
holy **** ran pay attention to the game. i called you town but holy fack. This play actually terrible

FullMetalLynch

please, focus on actually hunting scum. Also ryu is spot on. You can't possibly be this blind

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
please, focus on actually hunting scum. Also ryu is spot on. You can't possibly be this blind

What is this, coming from the guy who wanted to speculate on the scenario's Xastrn was bringing up? How is this a terrible play?

You can disagree with my Dabuz read, but it's in no way a bad play.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
What you think of Sokr given what Zen pointed out with him being less willing to shoot?

I find it interesting, but I was waiting on Zen to answer your question first before saying anything. I'm also interested in what Kantrip has to say about it. I'll look more into it later.

FullMetalLynch

What is this, coming from the guy who wanted to speculate on the scenario's Xastrn was bringing up? How is this a terrible play?

You can disagree with my Dabuz read, but it's in no way a bad play.
No it's bad and you should feel bad about it. Seriously. Everything you've said on dabuz is almost no better than a bunch of null tells thrown together.

tell me, if dabuz is scum, does that make ryu's defence a chainsaw then ?

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
Xatres has had no wifi all afternoon, apparently. We've been talking reads and whatnot on the phone. He'll find a coffeehouse tomorrow sometime to post, but for now, I'll try to post what he's said. I'm not going to call him all day. I have stuff to do tomorrow as well. Job interview, babysitting my friend's kid, and BJJ. I might be booked solid from 12:30 until 10pm. Hard to say. I'll be on tonight and in the morning.

FullMetalLynch

I have less than nothing to talk about. Someone should talk to me about something cuz iBored

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
Xastrn, when you claimed, did you claim your character?

If not, do so as soon as you see this.
I did. We are Nah. We expected Nowi to be our counterpart, since she's our mother and also uses dragonstones, but Zen claimed a different name. Nothing wrong with that in our heads, and I think the flavor actually even works better that way, but I forget. Xatres is gone for the night, and maybe one of you can help.

Still catching up.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sure, there could be a role-related reason Xastrn wanted to shoot.
Does it change your opinion of Xast?

Well I don't remember who else played FE:A, so I thought it was nice to leave there, but whatever. No, it's the same. I never did like that he shot (when it conflicts with his own rules). This simply means there is also a possible scum motivation for it.

Xastrn's reads are taking a while to come up. I say we establish a deadline for him to do so.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
(Instead of the "well scum may have wanted to shoot soup for some reason, that's why we took it!", which could have been themselves, but null)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Wrong hydra head differentiation, orbo has a knack for NA speculation and direction

FML, this comes off as grimy to me. You condemn me for something your own slot has done and preached for. (Unless you actually said in thread 'wtf orbo' lol )

Kantrip

Kantplay
I did. We are Nah. We expected Nowi to be our counterpart, since she's our mother and also uses dragonstones, but Zen claimed a different name. Nothing wrong with that in our heads, and I think the flavor actually even works better that way, but I forget. Xatres is gone for the night, and maybe one of you can help.

Still catching up.
Where did Zen claim?

Did he claim Yarne?

FullMetalLynch

FML, this comes off as grimy to me. You condemn me for something your own slot has done and preached for. (Unless you actually said in thread 'wtf orbo' lol )
Im making sense of it to help piece together the setup. Its knowledge i can use to help out my reads in a way that you dont use it. From you it comes off an an empty kind of post,like hey heres a tidbit have fun

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You say whoever targetted him knew he would likely die. What kind of roles are there to do such a thing? If we can say what targetted him we can know how to avoid it if it is still out there.
This is what went through my mind when I thought about the Xastrn shot. The reason for me to give that, is since I have played FE:A (and I don't know which of you guys have), then I thought it would be good to post some skill that could be related to it. It's better for people to know that exists. It's very related to this, so I don't know how it's different coming from me. Still think you are just trying to make it look different and that's not the case. To me it seems you were only fine with talking about it because Xast was, but if I do it's a terrible play.

You are acting as if I'm not talking reads. Btw, what's your current read on Xast?

FullMetalLynch

I talked about it to try and show people it was possible to get something out of it if you do it right. Xast had nothing to do with it
60/40split leaning scum

Top Bottom