• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia | GAME OVER: Not Equal To The Challenge

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Did you think Ryker's #5 is serious?

Trying to control the game like this silly.

Sokr in the green pile with no posts...what?

What do you think about such a self-preservative mindset from Ryker? IIRC it's very unusual for him to be so worried about his own life.

Not interested in mechanics discussion and that was most of yesterday's discussion.

Where does it say this?

FML posting pretty much fluff or pairing mechanics stuff at the end of page 5 and all of page 6 (40 PP) is really bothering me.

Xastrn, ignoring post counts completely, is there anyone who stands out as suspicious to you?
Orange, what kind of questions/statements are these? Fluff, and questions that have already been asked. Useless.

Red, he responds to Soup telling him he is less present than he usually is, and uses mechanics as an excuse. The only really 'stance' he had here was in the green.

The blue was what gave me the vibe he was keeping Xastrn at a distance. He's already asking Xastrn who he suspects, without really having a read on Xastrn yet.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Ruy said:
really don't like how he used the roles to call each other masons and the lack of clarity for people to understand him.
I don't mean masons in that we can talk to each other, but rather that masons know each other are town.

As for why:

-He has shown to have the same role as me. He used the same words in my role in his crumbs.
-In our role, if either of us are to make an "attack" on the wrong day (me attacking on odd or him attacking on even), then the day ends and we keep our weapon.
This is NOT a role scum would have as they could simply just keep ending the day without their weapon even breaking. This would be the most broken scum ability in the history of mafia.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
RR town. Ryu, what do you think of Potassium? I've noticed in my reread that the majority of his focus this game has been on Xast, and has used most connections just to go back to Xast. I understand tunneling can be town, but it hurts town IMO because a lot of the content ends up being focused on Xast which leads us no where except back to Xast.
I don't see where this guy pulls out his RR town read from. It seems he just pulls it out to talk to him about Kantrip rather than actually explaining his read that developed on someone.

Dabuz, why do you read RR as town? Why did you decide to state that?

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
I don't see where this guy pulls out his RR town read from. It seems he just pulls it out to talk to him about Kantrip rather than actually explaining his read that developed on someone.

Dabuz, why do you read RR as town? Why did you decide to state that?

I can't see a scum taking the risk to claim he will shoot another player or act emotional, and as town the pressure helps him form reads. Also considering that if he shoots his weapon breaks (unless he has an unbreakable weapon), which would make him very suspicious anyway. It just doesn't line up to scum motivation. Making the shot pretty much confirms this since if Xast flips town, everyone is gonna be looking at RR toMorrow, which is not a favorable trade for scum. On Xast scum flip chances are he's town because scum shooting scum doesn't make sense this game. Outside of that, RR has been playing to his town meta.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I can see the merit of a scumryu trying to get back into the game after having been less present during D1, with a gambit. I don't remember if he had to do the same as town, but reminders would be nice.

I also am wondering why you aren't talking much about your scumread.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
I can see the merit of a scumryu trying to get back into the game after having been less present during D1, with a gambit. I don't remember if he had to do the same as town, but reminders would be nice.

A gambit like that though? It puts him in a ****ty spot though as scum either way.

Anyway, reading the past few pages still before going in depth to my scum read.

I'm surprised you haven't threatened to shoot me despite having a solid scum read on me.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
A gambit like that though? It puts him in a ****ty spot though as scum either way.

It's easy to say. Especially since he didn't give reasoning at all, and hasn't really been there through D1. You say Ruy is playing to his town meta, then what is his Scum meta, and how is it different from here? Totally forget about him wanting to shoot.

I'm surprised you haven't threatened to shoot me despite having a solid scum read on me.
Need more discussion. Also no need to warn you so you can pair up and hide from a shot.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
It's easy to say. Especially since he didn't give reasoning at all, and hasn't really been there through D1. You say Ruy is playing to his town meta, then what is his Scum meta, and how is it different from here? Totally forget about him wanting to shoot.
Scum Ryu doesn't attempt to do anything and V/LAs a lot. He's also more safe and likes to either make petty comments on someone town is already looking at or make completely out of the blue reads with little if any followup. The fact that he's providing reasons and ready to be so ballsy is not something scum Ryu would do.

Need more discussion. Also no need to warn you so you can pair up and hide from a shot.
>Pair up
>Active unit switch
>Shot

Nope, wouldn't go too well.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Dammit I really wish one of FML/Kary was available to pair up with me.

I just pieced together things to do with the setup and made some interesting realizations, but I'm not sharing them publicly.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Please explain.
I've played with the dude in the BBR and other places far more than most DGamers, his meta of lurking is semi legit but he is also a busy guy. So people tend to confuse that with lurking.

I think he is genuinely interested in the game which is a good sign.

If he was posting a lot of fluff and less on following a questionare, then he is more likely scum off meta. He really isn't going into a scum mindset imo, or at least one that is obvious.
I've played with Dabuz far more than anyone here, I've seen his first games in the BBR and what he has done around here.

Him posting fluff is not idicitive of his alignment nor him asking "useless questions"

Which guess what, he did that in Wallmart mafia.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

Distinguish the difference of what I would do as town or mafia and why you think what I would do gambit wise would match my town meta.

I guarantee you I play far more careful and calculative as scum, I plan my every move, I work out a long term plan.

Best you will get is saying that I would play as null as possible, that is something I actively do as town or scum so I always make it to endgame.

There is a clear fine line of what I do as town vs what I do as scum. Rake knows this better than anyone in he game. Nabe knows this just as well. Ryker and Raziek damn well know what kind of bull**** I pull as scum.

You clearly don't if you think this.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Super summed up why I don't like Pot this game with post #s.

#84 - Giant wall of just agreeing with people or making small comments, jumps on Soup's dislike for Xast. Sidenote also jumps on Kary's reasoning in 534
#139 + 143 looked liked distancing, like he's attacking Xast but doesn't want to push Xast.
#153 - IIRC Xast stated his scum read on Ryu with reasoning yet Pot just ignores it as forced without explaining why.
172 - Pot kind of just dropped his pressure against Xast with a simple "I don't buy it.", if it was legit pressure and suspicion I would expect something out of Pot
#335 - Goes back to Xast. You see a pattern here where it's a lot of focus on Xast?
----------This continues for all the rest of his posts, funny enough he never shoots Xast or asks for a claim, instead just goes on when he is fine with Xast dying and has enough of the slot
#525 calls Soup one of his strongest town reads yet the only other time he made a read on soup as fall as I could find is when he was "ok" with Soup in #84
#534 blaming Zen for Soup's death looks grimy to me, he completely ignored the fact that Soup was being an idiot in that situation.
#539 doesn't even make sense as reasoning to why he would say Xast/Zen team in #517, it explains #534, but that does nothign to justify a scum team read on Zen.
#547 is wrong since Zen separating makes sense when he had a scum read on Soup based off meta.
Finally, after all this time, no shot on Xast, despite him being so confident on Xast scum Pot hasn't taken a shot or even threatened the claim, something which I would expect from any townie.
I'm guessing it's distancing. Also, despite posting a lot, it's mostly focused on Xastrn, outside of that the only things he has read wise are town Kary, town Sokr, and Zen scum with Xast,
it's a really uncommitted approach that's sure not to step on feet. Not even gonna bother with his posts past 547 because it's still just Xast this, Xast that.
#950 - I'm really surprised Pot doesn't ask Sokr any questions or put pressure on the slot when it looks like the point he brings up would directly coincide with creating a scum lean.
#965- first time I see him really commit to pressuring another slot this game (Zen), let's see what he does with this.
-----------Not sure if I agree with the followup reasoning, or if the reasoning is even sound. Overall looks like a bad push.

Gotta read into Kary at some point since I saw things I didn't like from the slot when reading.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Game of thrones books tend to leave you emotionally crippled upon finish

I watched the show, so I can understand. Haven't read the books later than the most recent season though. I might read them.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Super summed up why I don't like Pot this game with post #s.

#84 - Giant wall of just agreeing with people or making small comments, jumps on Soup's dislike for Xast. Sidenote also jumps on Kary's reasoning in 534
I disagree that this is what my walls consisted of. They were full of content and me making hard stances.
#139 + 143 looked liked distancing, like he's attacking Xast but doesn't want to push Xast.
My scumread wasn't super strong early. What's the difference between attacking and pushing? Of course I didn't want someone to shoot Xast so early in the game. The point when I became fine with Xastrn dying is the post where I clearly said "I am fine with Xastrn dying."
#153 - IIRC Xast stated his scum read on Ryu with reasoning yet Pot just ignores it as forced without explaining why.
No, it was the reasoning that was the forced part. The reason I saw the read as forced is because his reasoning was bad.
172 - Pot kind of just dropped his pressure against Xast with a simple "I don't buy it.", if it was legit pressure and suspicion I would expect something out of Pot
I didn't drop any pressure. Xastrn said something I didn't buy, so I said "I don't buy it." What's so hard to understand?
#335 - Goes back to Xast. You see a pattern here where it's a lot of focus on Xast?
I never went away from Xast, so I don't see how I'm "going back" to them. I continuously had problems with their posts. I may have started tunneling, but that is not a scumtell.
----------This continues for all the rest of his posts, funny enough he never shoots Xast or asks for a claim, instead just goes on when he is fine with Xast dying and has enough of the slot
I was paired up with Sokr, I couldn't have shot him and was in no position to force him to claim for no reason. What are you talking about?
#525 calls Soup one of his strongest town reads yet the only other time he made a read on soup as fall as I could find is when he was "ok" with Soup in #84
I did mention in thread that soup is town, and told Sokr that he was a solid townread. Sure, I never said he was my strongest read, but my opinion that he was town was definitely out there.
#534 blaming Zen for Soup's death looks grimy to me, he completely ignored the fact that Soup was being an idiot in that situation.
I didn't ignore that, but I was mad at Zen for separating and for being someone who apparently knows soup so well and didn't pick up on the huge soup towntells. Soup never rages like that as scum. I don't see how being an idiot = being scum, and can't believe the majority of the game saw it differently.
#539 doesn't even make sense as reasoning to why he would say Xast/Zen team in #517, it explains #534, but that does nothign to justify a scum team read on Zen.
I said the Xast/Zen team thing without reasoning. Doesn't mean I didn't have any. I was all in my conversation with Sokr, and I have posted it in thread now.
#547 is wrong since Zen separating makes sense when he had a scum read on Soup based off meta.
Separating basically made the Day end really early. Scumread or not, that separation was the same as taking a quick shot off-the-hip, since Zen knew that as soon as he separated soup would be dead. His reasoning that he didn't want townies to waste their weapons is dumb. Raz had already tried to attack soup and his weapon was not wasted, so Zen really had no reason to separate so early. He could have let people talk things out as no one was in danger.
Finally, after all this time, no shot on Xast, despite him being so confident on Xast scum Pot hasn't taken a shot or even threatened the claim, something which I would expect from any townie.
I just got separated from Sokr, putting me in an Active position. I have been a Support since my third post in this game. I feel like there's still things to discuss and I don't think a quick shot is a good idea. Why the hell should I be quick shooting Xastrn?
I'm guessing it's distancing. Also, despite posting a lot, it's mostly focused on Xastrn, outside of that the only things he has read wise are town Kary, town Sokr, and Zen scum with Xast,
I admit I have tunneled a lot. You said yourself this isn't a scum tell on its own. Even so, I have been focusing on a lot of other slots lately. I have asked questions of a bunch of people, made a case on Kary, laid points out as to why I don't like Zen. Frankly, you are wrong.
it's a really uncommitted approach that's sure not to step on feet. Not even gonna bother with his posts past 547 because it's still just Xast this, Xast that.
Maybe you should try, because my recent posts haven't even been about Xast. You need to stop skimming and start playing.
#950 - I'm really surprised Pot doesn't ask Sokr any questions or put pressure on the slot when it looks like the point he brings up would directly coincide with creating a scum lean.
Don't know what you're talking about here. You want me to pressure Sokr when I have a solid townread on him?
#965- first time I see him really commit to pressuring another slot this game (Zen), let's see what he does with this.
-----------Not sure if I agree with the followup reasoning, or if the reasoning is even sound. Overall looks like a bad push.
I think you missed my Kary case. I think you also missed the part where I said my Zen read wasn't very strong and was hinged mostly to a connection to Xast.

This case is really bad.

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
Read ryus toonami soup raged hard against me and dietz the last day phase. He was scum

Kantrip

Kantplay
Interesting. Did not know.

Unrelated: I don't think Xastrn/Zen are scumteam anymore, but I definitely think one of them could be scum.

FullMetalLynch

Amusing that no one has shot xast yet. Assuming kanty being in back has something to do with that

FullMetalLynch

kantrip tomorrow we can pair promise. i want to pick your brain regardless so this bodes well for me

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
The fact that he's providing reasons and ready to be so ballsy is not something scum Ryu would do.

He's providing reasons now, but didn't really do so D1. I mean I just see stuff happen to Soup and all of the sudden he goes "WOW I AGREE WITH ZEN? BLACK MAGIC!". That's the one thing that makes me go 'uhhhhh'. I'll think a little more about whether or not if he would gambit a shot as scum, trying to read LoLupick but also getting homeworktracked.

>Pair up
>Active unit switch
>Shot

Nope, wouldn't go too well.
YFW:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Soup rages sometimes as scum purposely. But sometimes he just rages naturally too. I think it makes it harder to tell when he is really raging like town soup.

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
Dabuz, I like your latest post but you're missing a couple things.

A) potassium was behind me so he couldn't shoot xast.
B) all his pressure on me was done in private. He can get a better read on me 1 on 1

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Which guess what, he did that in Wallmart mafia.

Yet he had solid questions, analysis, and stances. Here not so much. But if you could show what you mean, that would be nice. Now he has a case on Kantrip, which I'll talk about in a bit.

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
I saw it as a legit case on potassium. I like that he's scumhunting and I like that he took the time to look at all the posts and make a case

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Yet he had solid questions, analysis, and stances. Here not so much. But if you could show what you mean, that would be nice. Now he has a case on Kantrip, which I'll talk about in a bit.
And he does at points here.

He did the same stuff both times. some solid questions, some air headed ones. He's done both.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Kary and Pot's #530 and #534 look grimy to me as they are passing the blame despite the fact that Soup made the really idiotic decisions he did under pressure and he got himself killed.

Dabuz, was the red the reason for you for re-reading Kantrip? If not, what was?

Top Bottom