• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia | GAME OVER: Not Equal To The Challenge

Kantrip

Kantplay
You're doing both. Trying to add credibility to yourself while trying to discredit me. Everyone is wrong at some point in this game, that doesn't make the rest of their views useless.
I'm not adding any credibility to myself, I'm not trying to refer at all to my soup read, and it is irrelevant to the fact that your read on me is incorrect.

I'm just taking note of the fact that you are wrong again. Nothing to do with me.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
And why can't the rest of the game know them?
@the bold: Actually it is. Mafia is ultimately a game about information. Scum always start out ahead in this area. Or at least that's the way it's supposed to work. In most games scum will continue to stay ahead in information as anything that is shared with the town is obviously shared with the mafia as well. This game is different, however, as we have the potential to increase information among town without increasing mafia's information in the same proportion. This game is built around working together to do that. And pairing up will be one of our greatest tools for that.

As Raz said, the support player isn't exactly safe from being killed. Just rather from being killed spontaneously. If soup came to be scummy as hell, I can separate and someone can shoot. Sure whether that happens is up to the person they are supporting, but that's just as well good for making connections.
Something people don't seem to get about this game.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I'm not adding any credibility to myself, I'm not trying to refer at all to my soup read, and it is irrelevant to the fact that your read on me is incorrect.

I'm just taking note of the fact that you are wrong again. Nothing to do with me.
So if there's no purpose to it, why are you noting it???????? lol

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
your*

Sokr how strong is your read on Kantrip?
Kary how strong is your read on Kantrip?
How strong? Kanty is leaning towards town based on his general activity and feedback from Sokr. I'm not really that confident, though. I felt like he was a bit absent D1 and all that he has really done toDay is to push Xast.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Kary likes Xastrn
Kary dislikes Zen

Zen likes Xastrn
Zen likes Kary

Xastrn likes Zen
Xastrn dislikes Kary

@Kary: Would you consider Switching/Separating from Zen?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Something people don't seem to get about this game.
People are having trouble reading you, and keeping everything to yourself is not helpful to them. Obviously your idea of keeping your cards close to your chest hasn't been helping your reads.

I think you're discrediting yourself, but I'm more trying to make sure no one forgets how off your reads are this game. Your two biggest townreads are most people's biggest scumreads, and your pushes (soup D1, me D2) are town.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Actually Kary, Separating from him would be ideal. You're not done extracting information from him, though, are you?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire

Yes, I would consider it. But this question is phrased as though you want me to do it, no?

Given that I have just started talking to him, it seems pretty reasonable to try and get something out of that exchange before rushing into anything else, no?

Kantrip

Kantplay

Yes, I would consider it. But this question is phrased as though you want me to do it, no?

Given that I have just started talking to him, it seems pretty reasonable to try and get something out of that exchange before rushing into anything else, no?
Yeah it is phrased as me wanting you to do it.

I can wait, I'm not impatient to end the Day or anything, but I was just wondering if you would agree to Zen being an option for toDay's kill

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
People are having trouble reading you, and keeping everything to yourself is not helpful to them. Obviously your idea of keeping your cards close to your chest hasn't been helping your reads.

I think you're discrediting yourself, but I'm more trying to make sure no one forgets how off your reads are this game. Your two biggest townreads are most people's biggest scumreads, and your pushes (soup D1, me D2) are town.
You're making the assumption that you're who I want dead based on my questions. You're not who I'm most suspicious of.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Yeah it is phrased as me wanting you to do it.

I can wait, I'm not impatient to end the Day or anything, but I was just wondering if you would agree to Zen being an option for toDay's kill
Why, do you want him dead? I don't remember him even being a factor in your reads.

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
Zen, because I'm more confident in my alignment than I am on Potassium's.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Zen, who do you want most going today and why?

Also, how are you reading me currently?

Kantrip

Kantplay
When has that ever stopped either head? Is putting my stance out there a bad thing?
I think your stance on the matter is well-known, and I'd like to be able to ask questions (no one is threatening to shoot Zen right now) without you possibly chiming in and affecting who I'm trying to ask/giving them a way out of answering.

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
Agreed with ya!.
Agreed that killing without warning is bad.

Just a forewarning, i'm never a very post-heavy player.
Noted. He's posting enough to be around sometimes, but rare enough to stay out of connection with other players for the most part. Smart safe play by scum.
Slight nudge towards scum here.

Trying to control the game like this silly.

Sokr in the green pile with no posts...what?

Xastrn, ignoring post counts completely, is there anyone who stands out as suspicious to you?
Doesn't like the rules, but considers them an attempt to control the game with us as some sort of leader, which we never had hoped for. He had no way of knowing that. NULL

Didn't like that I got an early townish read on sokr. No one really did. It was my gut. Already addressed a few times. NBD. Town or scum would ask this question. No one was wrong to question it. NULL

Asked about who stood out as suspicious to me. I followed up 2 posts later with my case on RR. Good question, good answer from me. LEAN-Town

Haven't seen enough to form an opinion.
Any particular reason to gauge my thoughts on Potassium?

His 274: obvscum pawn is obvHis 275: xastrn nto scum with pawn on scumpawnHis 277: mfw if two of the scum are sokr and pawn
What makes you agree with obvscum Pawn?
How can you be so quick to dismiss that possible pairing this early on?

Fine with the slot. Posts too many walls for my personal taste but it provides content. Only thing i'm iffy about is that he seems pretty safe in his reads, reading his 245 and 272 it looks like he wants to push someone, but isn't going to commit to a push by himself. Might be wrong about that wrt 272 if he follows up the Pawn pressure.

Kary, do you have any solid reads so far?
No read on Potassium. Potassium at the time hadn't posted much. This seems fair to me. NULLish.

Asks FML why obvscum pawn is obvscum. Nothing wrong with that. NULL

States that he's thus far feeling fine with our slot. Not sure about a few things, but he says I'm providing content (not just fluff or post counts...)
I mentioned earlier that we were hoping not to use our weapon Day 1, would not Day 2, and would hope to hammer Day 3. Look me up on that. I am focused on dabuz

Everything ok thus far.

I am late for my 6pm. I'll be back with more.

Kantrip

Kantplay
No. I recall that very clearly. But correct me if I'm wrong, you've not said a word to Zen all Day. You've not suggested that he should be shot.
My discussion regarding Zen has been in private with Sokr. I've posted some of it in my Xastrn case.

I don't know if Xastrn can really be scum without Zen, though Zen could be scum without Xastrn. This relates to the manner in which Zen picked up on Xastrn's crumbs and basically claimed for him later on. There are individual things I have disliked about Zen, and I hate the reads that he has shared (not sure if the one's he is hiding can be much better). There's the threatening to shoot Xastrn and then using that as a basis to do a 180 on his read of Xastrn that connected them for me when I was rereading Xastrn at Night.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Okay I shouldn't say most people. Xastrn definitely is a scumread to the majority. Kary less so but still not liked by a good chunk
Wut lol, half peeps are currently saying xast is scum: you, ruy, dabuz, ran the other half disagrees
2 peeps are saying kary scum: you and fml

But this logic is so bad anyways. WRONGNESS DOES NOT = SCUM. I hate so much that you're using this logic. I also hate how you're now trying to aim at me just because you thought you're my biggest susp.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Wut lol, half peeps are currently saying xast is scum: you, ruy, dabuz, ran the other half disagrees
2 peeps are saying kary scum: you and fml

But this logic is so bad anyways. WRONGNESS DOES NOT = SCUM. I hate so much that you're using this logic. I also hate how you're now trying to aim at me just because you thought you're my biggest susp.
Umm, excuse me? I was finding you scummy in the Night phase, and I said as much to Sokr.

Hell, I disliked you in D1.

I'm not equating wrongness to scum. I am calling you scum, and I am calling you connected to Xastrn. The wrongness is tertiary.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Mostly Dabuz. Most confident in him. Meta is with that as well. My angle on Xast is letting him have time since he's a lean scum, as I would someone like Soup or Zen so I can see their play grow instead of just biting each other from the get go.

I found Sokr to be suspicious, but I trust Kantrip's read on him. I'm also trying to make sure my read on him is correct by seeing his reads. (Considering this is my first time playing him)

My reads won't likely change. I never outted my townreads. They can only really move towards Ryu/Zen.

The only thing to note is that FML is really clinging to Xast since D1. More of a 'I'm going to agree with you alot but not really oppose what you or question you at ALL". I mean him telling you to get off of Xast with questioning, when one should question everyone even if they are a town read. It reads as masons, but that has been happening since D1. Otherwise, he's simply a town read, most likely due to Rake's early game.

Zen I'm trying to develop a read, and want to talk reads with him.

That's about it.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Mostly Dabuz. Most confident in him. Meta is with that as well. My angle on Xast is letting him have time since he's a lean scum, as I would someone like Soup or Zen so I can see their play grow instead of just biting each other from the get go.

I found Sokr to be suspicious, but I trust Kantrip's read on him. I'm also trying to make sure my read on him is correct by seeing his reads. (Considering this is my first time playing him)

My reads won't likely change. I never outted my townreads. They can only really move towards Ryu/Zen.

The only thing to note is that FML is really clinging to Xast since D1. More of a 'I'm going to agree with you alot but not really oppose what you or question you at ALL". I mean him telling you to get off of Xast with questioning, when one should question everyone even if they are a town read. It reads as masons, but that has been happening since D1. Otherwise, he's simply a town read, most likely due to Rake's early game.

Zen I'm trying to develop a read, and want to talk reads with him.

That's about it.
This is bad, man. You need to be willing to reassess your reads.

Have you read my Kary and Xastrn cases? What do you think of them?

Top Bottom