• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia | GAME OVER: Not Equal To The Challenge

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
Forty percent he is scum,one hundred percent needs to be decided wjat to do with him.
The scum.percentage would be higher but rakes wifom reads and feels

FullMetalLynch

Have you and sokr discussed anything in terms of your own weapons and prs or lack there of kantrip?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Xast town makes Zen town likely, would look at kary and rr more imo.
You're saying here you'd look at myself/RR more if Xast flips town. Do you think we would deserve more attention than say dabuz/Ran/Sokr, who are arguably fence-sitting on Xast?

Ran, for example, has spent the whole Day saying he doesn't like Xast, but it's more important to pursue dabuz.

FullMetalLynch

Sokrs fence sitting reads genuine,dabuz is being pushed to the front by ran,and ran has said he was waiting on xast to post reads. I expect stuff from him after that happens

Kantrip

Kantplay
I am opposed to it, because I don't think he'll flip scum. On the other hand all I can really do to stop it happening is to shoot someone else, which doesn't really help with town getting along.

There is nothing about their claims that means they're necessarily one alignment or the other. The ability to shoot someone, and the ability to make the Day end, could both be scum powers. Now you could argue that with two night kills, it would be unbalanced for scum to also have those powers. Fair enough.

There's also no guarantee that both claims are true. There's nothing to rule out that one half could be town with those abilities, the other could just be a scum safe claim. And the only part of the claim that could be proved, being able to end the Day without a kill, would be detrimental to town in doing so.

Now, if I could see the whole setup, then maybe i would be able to make a value judgement as to whether I think those roles are legit. But given that, as far as I know, these two roles are only implied to be town to one another- not even guaranteed- i have no desire to put their claims above my reads on their slots.

I already answered who I would shoot, about a page back. I didn't want to shoot anyone, but if forced I said I would shoot Zen.

What I would really like to do is get some reads out of people, that aren't just about Xast. RR, Zen, dabuz... etc. I don't really know where any of these players stand overall.
For someone who so doesn't want Xastrn dead, you really aren't trying hard to stop it, nor do I really see you pursuing your own scumreads.

- - -

Even early on, with Kary's interaction with soup, he went on after the huge distraction to conclude "soup might be scum." No commitment to a read, even after all that arguing.

Now, with Xastrn, I see Kary spending a lot of his time bickering with a Xastrn who thinks he is scum, yet he holds on to a townread on Xastrn. However, he isn't making an active effort to try to get people to see what he's seeing, and is instead seeming indifferent to the fact that Xastrn is very close to being shot.

I find that Kary's scumread on Zen, who claimed his Even Rhythm Power before Xastrn claimed Odd Rhythm, is very strange. For Xastrn to be town and Zen to be scum, that would mean that Zen would need to have Xastrn's exact role counterpart as a safe-claim. I know Kary is considering this because he just answered to me that he thinks that could be the case. Otherwise, how would scum-Zen know the caveats of town-Xastrn's role, that he had not claimed yet?

Kary has been asking a lot of questions without follow-up and has been neglecting to pursue his scumreads. I've seen a lot of posts from Kary asking questions to a lot of different slots, but I haven't seen him do anything with their responses (or lack thereof). He doesn't have any solid reads to show for all his "effort", which concerns me.

While I am guilty of doing the same thing, Kary's dwelling on how he knew soup was town after soup's death is indeed scummy, there's no denying that. I fear that Kary is remaining complacent regarding Xastrn's death while keeping a townread on them, just so that he can do this again toMorrow if Xastrn flips town.

My problem with Kary, put simply, is not what he's doing. It's what he's getting out of what he's doing.

I liked his page 1 interaction with soup. It looked TvT to me as an outsider as it reminded me of arguments I have had with soup when we were both town.
I didn't like how Kary didn't even get a read on soup out of all of that, and it became a pointless argument that was a distraction and a waste of space/time.

I like how he's asking lots of people questions.
I don't like how he's not following up on these questions, nor is he getting any solid reads out of them.

I like how he's active.
I don't like how, despite his activity, we don't really know what his stances are because they're so weak or, in some cases, non-existent.

I like how he's been calling Xastrn out on all his bull****, and how I agree with almost everything he says when arguing with Xastrn.
I don't like how he maintains a townread on Xastrn in spite of all this arguing, yet doesn't push this townread, seeming neutral to Xastrn dying.

I have had a consistent scumread on Xastrn all game, and it's gotten stronger and stronger over time, rather than faltering. That said, I could be tunneling on someone who is just super mechanical town. My problems with Kary are a legitimate concern, even though I've liked everything he has had to say all game.

Sokr, either switch or separate. I want to be in front.

FullMetalLynch

Does one eliminate the other?
I need to talk to rake first,but initial feelings are kary>xast>zen

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
@potassium, I'm not willing to spend my shot which may be useful later in the game on a read that I'm this iffy on. If I do end up using my shot it will be on someone I'm more certain about.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
For someone who so doesn't want Xastrn dead, you really aren't trying hard to stop it, nor do I really see you pursuing your own scumreads.
What do you expect me to do, to stop it? I've explained my read on them fairly well but slots like yourself don't really seem to care. I could ask you why Xastrn shot soup rather than waiting for Raz to shoot again, which could avoided him getting a lot of heat. But RR has literally already tried to shoot Xast, and players like yourself are saying that we can't move on until he's dead. It's a BIM. I accept that he's probably going to die, whether I like it or not.

Now if I knew who exactly I wanted to pursue, that would be great. But without anything susbstantial out of RR/Zen/dabuz, it's pretty difficult. Every time I come into the thread, though, there's someone saying that we really need to consider the night kills, or some other bull**** that's irrelevant. So I wind up arguing about that while I sit here and hope that maybe I'll get a half-decent post out of some of the slots I care about.

Kantrip

Kantplay
@potassium, I'm not willing to spend my shot which may be useful later in the game on a read that I'm this iffy on. If I do end up using my shot it will be on someone I'm more certain about.
Okay, sure.

Switch or Separate with me.

Kantrip

Kantplay
What do you expect me to do, to stop it? I've explained my read on them fairly well but slots like yourself don't really seem to care. I could ask you why Xastrn shot soup rather than waiting for Raz to shoot again, which could avoided him getting a lot of heat. But RR has literally already tried to shoot Xast, and players like yourself are saying that we can't move on until he's dead. It's a BIM. I accept that he's probably going to die, whether I like it or not.

Now if I knew who exactly I wanted to pursue, that would be great. But without anything susbstantial out of RR/Zen/dabuz, it's pretty difficult. Every time I come into the thread, though, there's someone saying that we really need to consider the night kills, or some other bull**** that's irrelevant. So I wind up arguing about that while I sit here and hope that maybe I'll get a half-decent post out of some of the slots I care about.
You realize the person saying irrelevant bull**** is always Xastrn, right?

Also my quotes from my conversation with Sokr covers why Xastrn would want to shoot soup before Raz. ScumXastrn would know Raz is town and would want to keep soup's really good weapon away from town. No one knew whether or not the falchion could be used by anyone else, but of course scumXastrn wouldn't want to take that risk. Do you really buy his crappy explanation?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Mafia come first. We've yet to find any and have nothing to point us to an indy. Don't find it relevant at this stage.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
You realize the person saying irrelevant bull**** is always Xastrn, right?
Except that it's not always. He will say something ********, then someone else will come in and say 'huh you're wrong about this' or whatever.

Also my quotes from my conversation with Sokr covers why Xastrn would want to shoot soup before Raz. ScumXastrn would know Raz is town and would want to keep soup's really good weapon away from town. No one knew whether or not the falchion could be used by anyone else, but of course scumXastrn wouldn't want to take that risk. Do you really buy his crappy explanation?
Even if this weapon was so important, they could have let Raz kill soup, and then killed Raz to get the weapon.

Do I buy his crappy explanation? The short answer is yes. Their slot, as far as I can tell, has a completely laughable understanding of what's actually important in the game. For them to completely misread a situation like the end of yesterDay and think it was smart to shoot soup, is completely in line with the rest of their play. This is frankly an incredible act to be getting out of a scum slot, that they would put so much effort into talking about irrelevant bull**** just to try and maintain a pro-town facade.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Interesting tidbit in the rules stating if you have multiple weapons you have to specify with your attack action, and Xastrn specified Dragon Stone

FullMetalLynch

I think there is a chance of you being scum,more so then any other slot atm besides potentially xast.
Its not that you think xast town thats a problem. Its that you thinks he is town,and are ******** with him instead of going after your proclaimed scumpicks.

Kantrip

Kantplay
FML is my mini-case on Kary all stuff you guys have already been considering, or did I bring anything new to the table for you?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Zen was going to pair with Ran, why did he jump on Kary?

I think he was scared of me and Kary pairing up and getting time to discuss.
Didn't even know you were doing this until you're **** zen post. This makes it even better that I did pair up with him.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I sense a scumread on me from Zen.

That's strike 2 for incorrect reads.

FML, when will you be ready to Switch/Separate from Xastrn?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
No, I'm playing up your incorrect one. There's a difference you ******.
You're doing both. Trying to add credibility to yourself while trying to discredit me. Everyone is wrong at some point in this game, that doesn't make the rest of their views useless.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I think there is a chance of you being scum,more so then any other slot atm besides potentially xast.
Its not that you think xast town thats a problem. Its that you thinks he is town,and are *****ing with him instead of going after your proclaimed scumpicks.
It's tough to go after someone who doesn't post. I desperately want something more out of RR, for instance.

And yeah, I realise I've been ******** at Xastrn. But I find it kinda difficult when I'm like, 'answer these questions' and instead I get a lecture on how they'll answer what they want when they're ready. Then I ask for some reads and they're like 'let's talk about night kills'. :/

Top Bottom