• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning Mafia - Game Over!!!

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Kantrip, you replaced into a bad slot.

You should just keep on playing. You've certainly grown since utrick'd2, and that's great to see (for me at least). You shouldn't get cocky (I saw you try this in other games), just do what you do best, and fiddle around with what you like.

I like to see the fact that I hear them gears grinding in your head. Keep it up man.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
:urg:

Well what do you suggest Ryker? I'm not going to quit this game, but I don't want to be as bad as I am.

You said you wanted to talk about TvS interactions or something and that I should ask you about it. Also, any other stuff.
Stop being a tool. You get an idea in your head and you don't let go.

It's not even always your idea. You can easily be given a bone and then you'll just sit on it until that player is dead.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
In a nutshell, Fire played in Lightnings hands when they incapped Brosuke, then Kevin had the bad luck of Circus getting Comparison Cop and Kevin was his first pick to cop around.

Town then ate itself alive by wanting each other dead thinking all the power players were scum.

Brosuke played the most townie of anyone in the game which pretty much condemned town right there.

I'll give full shutouts later since it is needed here.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Stop being a tool. You get an idea in your head and you don't let go.

It's not even always your idea. You can easily be given a bone and then you'll just sit on it until that player is dead.
Did you even ****ing read when I said what I was doing?

I was picking to pressure you off the assumption that the scum WAS between you and Raziek. With Brosuke sold on Raziek (which I was too) I wanted to go to the other side and see what could come from having you as scum instead of Raziek. This was all on the assumption that Brosuke was really town, which YOU thought AS WELL so don't get mad at me for that one. I figured nothing could be lost from putting my vote on you, so please don't act like I was sold.

I'm not saying I don't have a tendency to do what you said, but I honestly don't think this was one of those cases.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Swords in the Dead QT said:
BWHAHAHA KANTRIP!

You and your silly gambits. When will you learn? ^.^
Right now. That gambit totally ****ed me up.

Besides, I see now there are other things to this game than gimmicks, and they should be the least of my concern until I actually learn the foundations PROPERLY.

Definitely learning from this. Thanks for the encouragement Xonar :)

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
No one should be busting anyone's balls for not picking up on Broscum. He fooled everyone. Literally everyone. But it was still frustrating to watch all of the remaining townies tearing into pretty much anyone they could find who wasn't Brosuke.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
*shrugs*

I'm one of the most if not the most experienced scum player on the forum. That said, the fact that there was another scum party helped me bunches here.

that and the fact that I tend to forget that I'm scum.

I'm really glad to finally get some dices though. Was about time, haha!

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Shoutouts to Gheb who found me but probably couldn't push it through because Sworddancer is dense.

Shoutouts to T-Block who had a suspicion out of a simple remark that was legit, but once again I doubt he would've been able to push it through. You kinda blindsided me there though, buddy.

Shoutouts to Gorf and KeviM for being bad.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Oh btw, the only way you could connect Rajam to me is if you pointed out that he only posted 2 pictures total, and they were both in response to me, and both unnecessary.

That's my only objection to his play, the rest has been magnificent and he has been a great partner. His play-style is really powerful.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Even if you people know he's good, his playstyle effectively leaves him in a limbo between neutral and pressuring at all times, while not being telling of being either scum or town.

His targetting and pressuring was wow this game, haha. I recommend you read our QT to learn more about Rajam, it's just three MSN conversations is all.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
So I didn't read this game, except I knew brosuke was scum because he told me he was "confirmed town" but actually not so like... how did that happen? I'm wondering what he did that "confirmed" him as town so that you guys didn't even consider that he could be scum? Was it something to do with the mechanics of this game?

Also, RR can you update the OP with the dead players and their alignments? I meant to ask but obv I couldn't do it in-thread since I wasn't in the game and I was too lazy to PM you at the time.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
That's the thing. It's an anti-town playstyle that simply becomes accepted because people give up on him. Is AMAZINGLY helpful as scum. It's the reason Marshy did so well. He played completely ambiguous, but actually had good reads.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
That's the point.

An anti-town play style is obviously going to powerful on a anti-town role.

His playstyle is not powerful as town because he remains unable to effect the game.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Fun game, enjoyed playing it for 1/5 of the part of the time.

That's not sarcasm either, i tried having motivation and concern for this game and eventually i just lost track and effort and went back to skating on tells and keeping my reads private.

I don't write novels on them, but i understand them to an extent, honestly if I learned to explain them better i would have been more help.

Ironically, i have no issue with explaining my reads on EM, and don't bash EM before your try Comp lobby, games like these happen on a regular basis.

Anyways, good job brosuke, i really thought Raziek was town after his case and was considering Kuz's thoughts on Ryker to be right.

#HBC | ѕoup

I think i remember why people thought Brosuke was clear, if was something about the incapping that went into depth after Gorf pseudo-outed KevMo after being caught as fire.

I want to comment on some things on this game as I still kept a close eye on it.

I felt D1 lacked a lot, i really didn't like HipSam at the beginning but Kuz peiced some parts together that made me re-think that.

Ryker's style D1 was aggravating to an extent but i understood it to some point, kudos to Ryker for getting gorf as fire.

July felt really town to me and i regret not having gusto or concern to get things done, i need to show more initiative about things.

Joey's slot bothered me and i never gave true time to look into it.

I never read Rajam's catch-ups, barely skimmed; consistently null.

Never had much of an opinion on brosuke either, my thoughts are hazy about it, but i really think Town left themselves dig a ditch after the whole talk about incapping, i really wanted to stray away from that.

#HBC | ѕoup

I'm dissapointed that Circus died early and i suspected him, i'll think about that again.

My read on gorf was partly wrong, it's hazy as i remember, if i applied an ethic, then i'm sure i coulda helped out.

I will try my hardest in my next game to dedicate time to it, and i apologize for my lackluster play.

#HBC | ѕoup

That huge quote cluster i did in the beginning of the game isn't my style and i'm not going to do that again, it was really aggravating and i felt i was just producing content to produce content, i don't want to be that person.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
What does that even mean?
Going in with meta that another player tends to be scummy or he's prone to making careless plays that can be construed as scummy regardless of alignment results in them being an unlikely lynch in comparison to someone who has no prior meta and plays in a similar manner.

(I think that's what Brosuke was getting at.)

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'm satisfied in having managed to win the lynch, even if it was under the pretense that Xonar was scum.

Despite the fact that we lost, I gained some valuable experience in having to go toe-to-toe with Ryker during endgame and fight for my survival.

Full shout-outs later I suppose.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Going in with meta that another player tends to be scummy or he's prone to making careless plays that can be construed as scummy regardless of alignment results in them being an unlikely lynch in comparison to someone who has no prior meta and plays in a similar manner.

(I think that's what Brosuke was getting at.)
Fluke having a game with no vig and of course it's good. But those types of playstyles make you vigbait 100% of the time.

T-block

B2B TST
but yeah, well played to brosuke overall for sure

cool game - i'm really disappointed it was hosted during finals and i didn't get to participate.

fire team, if you really wanted to help town, you should have convinced town to let you live, and i think it would have been a good decision by town to do so. as long as both scum teams are alive, a claimed CCop is actually fairly safe, and he is actually completely safe if the claimed scum team is genuinely trying to help town. by following the incap of town, you make it so that capping the CCop is a complete waste of an incap, and you basically give town an extra lynch. that limits the lightning team to also incap scummy players, which is also good for town. NK was really nerfed in that respect - eliminating fire right away was a terrible idea. i'm actually surprised brosuke was the one to suggest keeping fire around - would have gotten him a lot of town points from me if i had been playing.

interesting thing about this game is that claimed CCop is actually not likely to be double incapped even if both scum teams are still hidden. for those familiar with game theory, i think it works out to be a prisoner's dilemma type situation. from fire's perspective, if lightning incaps the CCop, fire could off the CCop as well, but i think it is more advantageous to have complete control over the kill and try to eliminate the other faction. if lightning incaps someone else, fire should also incap someone else because incapping the CCop is a waste of an incap. so, in no matter what lightning chooses to do, fire's dominant strategy is to incap someone else. lightning sees the same situation, so the end result is both incaps not being on the CCop.

i thought we were going to see that when both fires were outed, and i was pretty excited, but instead the game turned into 6 vanilla 2 goon lol;;

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Yeah I was kinda disturbed when I thought about a scum team offering to assist town.

Since it would ruin the set-up and do against their win con.

Top Bottom