• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FinOlimar Q&A Thread! (Check OP before posting)

Prawn

Smash Master
yeah I actually figured that,

why isn't this more looked into by olimars? I dont play olimar which is why I was unaware.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think it's above average. It's a long field with obstacles for an opponent to get past as they approach you. (In a nutshell)

Hilt has written a writeup about it in the stage discussion thread. ;)

Prawn

Smash Master
idk I hope he comes back but it doesnt look like he will,

he is seriously an amazing player that was vastly underrated nationally.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
so why does everyone care about icy leaving? he'll be back and if he doesn't good for him, he was one of the better olimars but so what?

prawn said he hated olimar...he hates his own kind basically >_>

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Your opponent is usually guaranteed to shield the second hit.

With that in mind, I use it probably once every 5 matches or so.

Against a couple characters it's decent as a gimping tool. For example, say against Fox you predict he'll jump from the ledge. Throw out the first hit of jab to prod him back offstage to set up for an edgehog or spike. Just simple things like that sometimes work.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Lol I just watched a match where Hilt used jab in the first 30 seconds. XD

Noa.

Smash Master
Peach can actually jab you before the second jab comes up.

It great against opponents when they're in the air though, since they can't shield. That's why incomplete nair to jab is great.

You can shieldgrab ZSS last jab. But G&W can't due to physics and what not. I wonder if he can shield our second jab.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Which direction should I DI out of Pit's side b to punish best?
How to punish quick smashes a la MK Dsmash after powershield? I'll spotdodge/powershield it, then they'll throw out another which will hit me.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Which direction should I DI out of Pit's side b to punish best?
How to punish quick smashes a la MK Dsmash after powershield? I'll spotdodge/powershield it, then they'll throw out another which will hit me.
If I'm at an angle which I can get out behind Pit, I'll do just that. Simply SDI up and towards him if you're already close to the upper-back. I recommend practicing this a bit though to get a feel for it.

If not, just DI away from it, land, and try to grab him before he ends it.

You can do anything to MK if he dsmashes your shield. Dsmash, upsmash, fsmash, grab, ftilt, dtilt, whatever you want.

~Amaterasu~

Smash Apprentice
I think yoshis island is a good counter pick. delfino is supa cools! but I quickly learned some characters can go under the stage and hit you. Awesome~! ;_;

Asa

Smash Hero
i'm having lots of trouble against peaches and jigglypuff, mainly cuz they're in the air so much. what can i do against characters like these?

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
castle siege is a stage ive been using with olimar for quite a while...and with that and halberd...in 2/3 sets olimar now has a real "CP lock" as ill call it...either way he can always go to 1 of 2 very advantageous stages each matchup...at minimum...only very few exceptions to that

Top Bottom