• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FinOlimar Q&A Thread! (Check OP before posting)

MJG

Smash Hero
Hello Olimars :). Im a TL main that recently has had trouble in tourney with snake. Which made me think of possible secondaries for that gay character. Olimar seemed like a good choice. I want to know, what is Olimar's metagame? Im completely new to Olimar (not the game dont mistake me for a noob lmfao). I'd also appreciate Snake MU tips.
YOU TRAITOR!! LOL

Considered picking up olimar at one point ;o

Mr. Game and Pichu

Smash Journeyman
I have a question for you Fino.

For a basic grab combo (ie: upthrow, nair), what is the best coloured pikmin to use? I know for example that yellow pikmin have really good spiking, and every pikmin has their own field of their best area of attacking, but is there one for any grab to start a combo or just KO?

Thanks,
MR.G&P

Fino

Smash Master
I have a question for you Fino.

For a basic grab combo (ie: upthrow, nair), what is the best coloured pikmin to use? I know for example that yellow pikmin have really good spiking, and every pikmin has their own field of their best area of attacking, but is there one for any grab to start a combo or just KO?

Thanks,
MR.G&P
Anything but purple. If you grab with a purple, I say just do the uthrow to get the extra damage, and try to combo it into a uair. It's not like olimar has to worry about stale moves or is going to rely on a purple uthrow kill, lol.
I'm playing HyRo like that from now on.
Rofl, that was a joke match... just so I had a video of why TL is gay. HyRo would eat you alive if you tried to get in a camp battle @.@

~Fino

Turazrok

Smash Master

Rofl, that was a joke match... just so I had a video of why TL is gay. HyRo would eat you alive if you tried to get in a camp battle @.@
~Fino
I was kidding. I know it was a joke. He doesn't know how to camp!!!

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
wait, Fino, why doesn't Olimar have to worry about stale moves?

Fino

Smash Master
I love how all thse randomes are refering to Fino for help.
.-. building a rep was a poor choice, rofl.
Fino = god
And people get mad at me for having an ego... dammit
<.<
lol
I was kidding. I know it was a joke. He doesn't know how to camp!!!
Yeah, I know.... HyRo and MJG are the only two TL mains I have any respect for. lol, I just wish they'd play a different char <.<

~Fino

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hope I'm not too late.
Hello Olimars :). Im a TL main that recently has had trouble in tourney with snake. Which made me think of possible secondaries for that gay character. Olimar seemed like a good choice. I want to know, what is Olimar's metagame? Im completely new to Olimar (not the game dont mistake me for a noob lmfao). I'd also appreciate Snake MU tips.
Meta Knight has a better matchup against Snake and covers many more characters.

Olimar is also relatively difficult to get really good with. You'll have to invest a lot of time into him if you hope to do well. Well, that's not the full truth. Only a few Snake players know how to play the matchup really well... Only like 1 or 2 can do the infinite... lol...

Llumys

Smash Champion
In order to prevent yourself from being a total scrub Olimar, you should definitely take your line into account. In my honest opinion, it's the number one mistake new Olimars make.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Hope I'm not too late.

Meta Knight has a better matchup against Snake and covers many more characters.

Olimar is also relatively difficult to get really good with. You'll have to invest a lot of time into him if you hope to do well. Well, that's not the full truth. Only a few Snake players know how to play the matchup really well... Only like 1 or 2 can do the infinite... lol...
And who are these 1/2 that can do it, and how is it performed? d-throw?

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
pretty much, snake is fast enough to compensate for olimar's roll on reaction, candy is the only other snake i know of able to do this consistently

RichBrown

Smash Master
We still *****ing about this? Just don't roll right away. Yes, they can jab you, but then you can mix it up with getup attacks. If you see them waiting in their shield, wait for them to drop their shield, and do a getup attack. If you think they might try to mind game you by dropping their shield and putting it back up, just roll away while their busy playing shield games. If they don't put up their shield at all, it's a getup attack.

done

(better yet, DON'T GET GRABBED!)

.AC.

Smash Lord
nope, i saw it on the front page

then you can shield,wait for roll or normal get up, if he stays there jab.the only way to get out would be for the other person to mess up, or to time the get up attack just right. of course that i never mess up cus im psychic.

RichBrown

Smash Master
Oh

Because I mentioned you and havok in some other thread and then you BOTH were in the olimar boards XDDD

Ah but I covered that option: "If you see them waiting in their shield, wait for them to drop their shield, and do a getup attack. If you think they might try to mind game you by dropping their shield and putting it back up, just roll away while their busy playing shield games."

Olimar players can have quick reaction time too ;D

.AC.

Smash Lord
well now that i think about it you dont have to shield, so you can just stand there and wait,it is easy to react and shield before the get up attack and you can just jab as soon as you see no movement.

in what thread did you mention me and havok?

Fino

Smash Master
We still *****ing about this? Just don't roll right away. Yes, they can jab you, but then you can mix it up with getup attacks. If you see them waiting in their shield, wait for them to drop their shield, and do a getup attack. If you think they might try to mind game you by dropping their shield and putting it back up, just roll away while their busy playing shield games. If they don't put up their shield at all, it's a getup attack.

done

(better yet, DON'T GET GRABBED!)
No, it's just dabuz... and I think (hope) llumys is joking like I was <.<''

~Fino

RichBrown

Smash Master
I don't remember which thread it was, but I said something about you being a **** doubles team mate lol

If you just stand there shieldless I'm gonna try to predict your jab, or getup attack right away

It's not an infinite

Top Bottom