• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FinalRound XII: "The HYPE Continues!" - Atlanta, Ga - Mar 13-15, 09

ShinBlanka

Smash Journeyman
Melee is a much better game, it's more competitive, requires more skill to play, and runs about 2-3 times faster than Brawl could ever hope to run. It's also more fun to watch because you don't have a make a 7-8 minute commitment to watching a comboless, unlinkable set of pokes and runs.

EDIT: I just PM'd a mod requesting a sticky.

Ok thanks man. Ok I need to get a head count on people that want a badge if they bring a tv and system. I need to make a list so those persons will have the badges waiting for them at FRXII.;) 1st 10 peeps will get a badge. The rest will be added if needed. Get hyped people!:psycho::lick::chuckle::chuckle::)

chaddd

Smash Lord
Ok thanks man. Ok I need to get a head count on people that want a badge if they bring a tv and system. I need to make a list so those persons will have the badges waiting for them at FRXII.;) 1st 10 peeps will get a badge. The rest will be added if needed. Get hyped people!:psycho::lick::chuckle::chuckle::)
You know I'll bring something.

ShinBlanka

Smash Journeyman
I just updATed the 1st post. Please check everything out so you will know what games are being played on what days!!!

chaddd

Smash Lord
Cool

Will it be an whole set up? I need reliable people to bring equipment.:) Let me start the list.

1. PB&J=Wii+melle+ tv
2. Chadd ?
Yeah it'll be a cube and a tv.

Oh, and put me down for Melee, Marvel 2, TvC, and Street Fighter 4.

ShinBlanka

Smash Journeyman
Shinblanka: Put me down for a Cube+melee+memory card.
I need reliable people to bring equipment.:) Only tv+system/with game will get you a free badge. Let me start the list.

Tv/system/game list
1. PB&J=Wii+melle+ tv
2. Chadd =TV, GC/with melee

game/system list
1. Marsfool

chaddd

Smash Lord
I need reliable people to bring equipment.:) Only tv+system/with game will get you a free badge. Let me start the list.

Tv/system/game list
1. PB&J=Wii+melle+ tv

game/system list
1. Marsfool
Yo after two long ass pm's to two different mods, Alpha Zealot has informed me he will sticky this thread after one of the December tournies already up comes down.

So hell yeah.

EDIT: Have you heard anything on that SF4 infinite? Do you know if it will be in the version run at the tourney? I'm all for Marvel 2 infinites, since they're only really semi infinites with the dizzy, but it seems to me that no super jump and no delayed hyper cancel means the game should be about strategy and spacing, not lack of playtesting and the ability to land one move. I dunno, you should look into it and see what people think.

MarsFool!

Smash Lord

Tv/system/game list
1. PB&J=Wii+melle+ tv

game/system list
1. Marsfool
Im not worried about the fees, just adding one more setup to your available resources.

ShinBlanka

Smash Journeyman
Yo after two long ass pm's to two different mods, Alpha Zealot has informed me he will sticky this thread after one of the December tournies already up comes down.

So hell yeah.

EDIT: Have you heard anything on that SF4 infinite? Do you know if it will be in the version run at the tourney? I'm all for Marvel 2 infinites, since they're only really semi infinites with the dizzy, but it seems to me that no super jump and no delayed hyper cancel means the game should be about strategy and spacing, not lack of playtesting and the ability to land one move. I dunno, you should look into it and see what people think.
Cool man thanks for the help getting this thread stickied. You talking about the mexican wrestler infinite right? It's so hard to do and dright now it's not banned in tournament play so i'm going to leave that in the tournament. Seth will be banned, and gouken doesn't look broken to me.
Im not worried about the fees, just adding one more setup to your available resources.
Thanks man.;):)

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm taking this down and then putting it up again in the beginning of January. There are just to many good tournaments in the beginning of January, basically, that could use a sticky for the next 2-3 weeks.

ShinBlanka

Smash Journeyman
I'm taking this down and then putting it up again in the beginning of January. There are just to many good tournaments in the beginning of January, basically, that could use a sticky for the next 2-3 weeks.
No problem sir. Thanks for looking out for a new tournament on the smash scene, but old in the fighting game community as a whole. I hope anyone that has a chance to attend does attend FR12.;):)

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
Alpha Dumbuya " The Alpha Gundam' : Columbus, GA= Super Smash Bros Melee and TvC
I can bring a Full setup for Melee including Tv
do i get a discount >_>;

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
Kevin Long "Gen/Liquid Gen" : Warner Robins, Georgia = Smash Bros. Brawl, mainly cause I can only play for a day. Otherwise I'd play Melee for lulz.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Alpha Alpha Alpha Alpha Alpha Alpha Alpha Alpha Alpha Alpha Alpha Alpha Alpha Alpha

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
You can count me in for the Brawl Tourney. Just one thing. We don't have to pay to enter if we bring the Wii/TV? Can we just bring the Wii/Brawl? I will pay if I can't but can I? Also, any specifications on the TV size? I will enter regardless, but I'm just asking.

ShinBlanka

Smash Journeyman
You can count me in for the Brawl Tourney. Just one thing. We don't have to pay to enter if we bring the Wii/TV? Can we just bring the Wii/Brawl? I will pay if I can't but can I? Also, any specifications on the TV size? I will enter regardless, but I'm just asking.
If you bring a game/system/tv you get a free badge. That's for the event pass. The tournament fee is seperate sir. No less than 19 inches on the tv please.
I'll try to make this one, i move to smyrna in Early march :p
Cool list your name the correct way why you find out if you are sure you will be attending this years event. Oh crap! FINAL ROUND12 is only 3 months away!!!!!!!:psycho::);)
Why can I not use my Classic Controller? WTF is up with that?

*Did not read topic*
Desync problems with the wiimotes and sensorbars being stolen. (mines was stolen last year):mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Top Bottom