• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FinalRound XII: "The HYPE Continues!" - Atlanta, Ga - Mar 13-15, 09

ShinBlanka

Smash Journeyman
I'm planning for another tournament later this year and this will be the final test to see if Smash will make it in FR13 or any other future FR's. Yo PB&J and chadd, I need to talk to ya'll asap. I'm trying to support the smash community, but it doesn't seem like Final Round is being taken seriously in this community. I appreciate everything you guys have done to support FR, but if things don't change I don't know how much longer I will run smash at my events. We need to talk so I can try to make this next event the best I can make it for smash players. I want to be clear on rules and and everything before making this new tournament thread. Please contact me through pm's asap!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
its not that the community doesnt take your tourney seriously

its just that its a $30 door fee, and then you had $20 for singles, and no teams

most smash tourneys are like 30-35 total, and that includes both singles and doubles. Even the biggest of tourneys (genesis) is 50 for both singles and doubles.

Its just that you charged too much, thats all. Maybe you should've left singles entry at $10 dollars. I dont know what you could've done differently that wouldve fit into your economic gameplan, but essentially any attendance problems you had came simply from the fact that people had to pay $50 to get in for just singles

CO18

Smash Hero
its not that the community doesnt take your tourney seriously

its just that its a $30 door fee, and then you had $20 for singles, and no teams

most smash tourneys are like 30-35 total, and that includes both singles and doubles. Even the biggest of tourneys (genesis) is 50 for both singles and doubles.

Its just that you charged too much, thats all. Maybe you should've left singles entry at $10 dollars. I dont know what you could've done differently that wouldve fit into your economic gameplan, but essentially any attendance problems you had came simply from the fact that people had to pay $50 to get in for just singles
The Truth^^^^

Most the people I talked to didnt come because of the huge door fee.

But yeah most smash tourenys total are like between 20-35 including everything so 50 just for singles is alottt.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
There were at least a dozen people that went to a makeshift Waba tournament because they didn't have that much money to spend on a single tournament.

Handorin

Smash Hero
its Not That The Community Doesnt Take Your Tourney Seriously

Its Just That Its A $30 Door Fee, And Then You Had $20 For Singles, And No Teams

Most Smash Tourneys Are Like 30-35 Total, And That Includes Both Singles And Doubles. Even The Biggest Of Tourneys (genesis) Is 50 For Both Singles And Doubles.

Its Just That You Charged Too Much, Thats All. Maybe You Should've Left Singles Entry At $10 Dollars. I Dont Know What You Could've Done Differently That Wouldve Fit Into Your Economic Gameplan, But Essentially Any Attendance Problems You Had Came Simply From The Fact That People Had To Pay $50 To Get In For Just Singles
Qft .

Top Bottom