• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finalizing Brawl+ Cosmetics (Tournament Edition)

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
With Veril getting ready to finish up the last few gameplay tweaks, I'd like to do my part with putting together the few remaining cosmetics issues in this game. I'm posting this here for the WBR to use as a checklist, but feel free to ask around the rest of the workshop if you may happen to know of somebody who can be of help in doing these things. Here's all the things that we need to do for Gold:

• Official Teams textures: Alternate colors for the blue characters. Mostly done already, though I'd possibly like to add an all black Sonic (not Shadow) to go with the other ones. I'd like to get CSPs for them all too.
  • Transformation character textures: SD files for all the remaining default textures for any characters that have a transformation. That means all the rest of the Pokemon Trainer Textures, and all the Zelda, Sheik, Samus, and ZSS textures. I may claim executive privilege and use the phazon textures in place of the dark ones because it's just that much more awesome. I'd need a CSP of those as well in that case.
  • Stage Select Screen arrangement: We need to finalize our list of stages that we're going to include in this pack, and then agree on an arrangement of stages. Ideally, starter/counterpick/regional bans on the first page including any custom stages we add, and universal bans/for fun stages on the second.
  • Custom SSS Icons: This is the biggest hurdle I have for what I'm trying to accomplish. I'd like to find a way to expand the SSS custom loader to include separate icons for all the new stages. Essentially, we need a way to add icon IDs to the SSS code so they can be used along with all the new stages. I'm not at all sure how this would be accomplished yet, but I'm also trying teach myself ASM coding too so that I may try to be of some help.

These are all the things that I would like to see put into the final release, though if anybody else has any other ideas (ie: custom menu textures, new CSS if we ever get the capability to rework it with full current functionality) then feel free to post the ideas here as well as anybody you think might be able to help us make it a reality.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
What's wrong with Shadow as the black Sonic?

You can't veto Shadow and then put in phazon Samus...

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Eh, leave out Shadow, I don't like him anyway. (jk) What would be your reason against Shadow?

Custom menu textures would work though, Guy knows how to whip up a good one.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
I suppose I was thinking about it more from a continuity perspective re: Shadow vs. a black Sonic. I figured he was just there because "why not?" But if you guys like Shadow that's cool.

I'm not getting very far with learning Wiird Coding :(. The docs on this stuff is mad confusing.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
The way I think of it is that it's not really Shadow per say, just a costume for Sonic that merely resembles and calls back to character lore in the original characters' series, much in the same way the yellow Peach costume resembles Daisy or the red Captain Falcon resembles Blood Falcon. Sure the Shadow design is taken a bit farther than the Daisy and Blood Falcon designs, but like the other two examples above aren't complete renditions of their respective characters, the Shadow costume isn't a complete rendition of him (no upturned quills, less 'angry' eyes and facial expressions, Sonic-styled shoes with a Shadow-esque pattern, Sonic-styled run ect.). It also helps that Daisy and Blood Falcon are 'clone characters' of their respective smash reps. Lo and behold, Shadow is a 'clone character' of Sonic as well.

That's why I think it'd fit anyway. I know you're not really trying to argue the point anymore, but I figure I'd just throw that out there :p.

Glick

Smash Lord
Also, we have to make sure we don't have another mishap like last time we tried to change the stage select screen.
all the replays got ****ed up and the wrong icons were on them. And some of them froze when you would even roll over them on your way somewhere. it was incredibly annoying.

Cia

das kwl
I think everyone would agree that blue peach MUST be replaced with a Rosalina texture. and her Original color should be replaced with this.

not the best picture, i know, but the texture is really good and gives some color to brawl's rather pale set of textures.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Also, we have to make sure we don't have another mishap like last time we tried to change the stage select screen.
all the replays got ****ed up and the wrong icons were on them. And some of them froze when you would even roll over them on your way somewhere. it was incredibly annoying.
It was an annoying issue. However, Phantom Wings released version 2 of spunit's "Cusom SSS" code in which both issues were fixed, so I'm 100% sure we will not see those bugs again. Only issue now is figuring out what to put on the SSS :p

@VaNz: Good idea

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
it occurs to me that we could/should at a "+" to the stage names on the SSS to show which stages have been edited/improved/what have you.

Blinds

Smash Cadet
I'd enjoy borders on the icons of starter/cp/banned stages. Maybe borderline borders for starter/cp or cp/banned.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Wave Kusanagi's post in the brawl+ thread reminded me of a few things I wouldn't mind changed cosmetically.

1. Fox and Falcon's dash noise is SOOOO annoying and it drives me nuts to dash dance with them.
2. Do we want to discuss some 'lol' changes? I bring up Ike's 'I fight for my friends' taunt idea.
3. Did we ever vote or decide on Tink's Aura D-air? For what it is worth, I like it.
4. Do we like our current title screen? Do we want to edit the menu background?

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
1. Guess I've just grown accustomed to them. If enough people want them gone, that's fine by me.
2. Impartial. I'm also a bit down and scatterbrained today so I'll come back to this one.
3. We gave him aura in lieu of fire, because of Ivysaur I think. Even if it is out of place I think it looks cool too, so they can deal.
4. I like the title screen. See #2 concerning menus.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
Def should see if its possible to add a shortcut from the css to the custom control page to avoid having to load menu screens for tournament play. Would speed things up quite a bit.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
for the title screen we should use the "true" Brawl+ logo where the + sign is made with a Brawl-esque stroke style instead of the older yellow +. =V

VietGeek

Smash Hero
yeah that one except no colorization effect would be great imo

the standard b+ packs come with the logo i described earlier

Top Bottom