• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Zelda Discussion - What's In, what's out?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok for one I know many dont agree with me, but u just cant deny the fact, important or not, if u like her or not, that midna does indeed have a good shot in brawl...

Look skull kid could have been in melee, but with the deadline and all, he wasnt added, this aint the case in brawl, sakurai would have about 3 years (by the time brawl is released), thus he has much more time than he had in melee, does chances the same thing that happen with SK happens to midna is smaller...

U have mentioned that skull kid has morea pperances and stuff like that:
ICs, GaW, Sheik, Ganondorf, roy, all of these characters had only one appearance b4 melee was released, my point is that it doesnt matter how many appearances a character has, he/she/it cant stilll be added with just one appearance...

Midna aint important to the entire zelda series, I get this, but we still dont know if she'll continue to have a role in the entire series, its still too early to tell, yet she still has a shot, why? cause she had a big role in the latest zelda, is popular among fans, and would represent the latest game in the series, u gotta understand, like her or hate her, she has IMO the greates shot among zelda character, maybe beaten by tingle, but to me midna is more likely...

Skull kid aint a spopular as midna, even tough being the main antagonist of the classic MM game, I said it b4, he would have been perfect for melee, but rite now, after 10 years, the popularity of the game has decreased, and as well as his chances, as much as I want him in, I know his chances are way lower than back 10 years ago, no matter if he apepared in TP, we dont know if its the same one (he looks drastically diferent could be another skull kid), and since we all want skull kid with majoras mask, and since he didnt actually had it in TP, we would be addin a character from a 10 year old game, when theres now so many characters like WW Link, midna, zant, vaati, tingle and others more newer characters that deserve the shot...

As much as I want him in, I know now that he lacks popularity, and since we want the 10 year old MM version of skull kid, his chances arent good, while the newer character midna, who has a huge fanbase, and is more current has a good shotin gettin in, hell I wouldnt be suprised if I saw her in the next trailer...

LostAddict

Smash Apprentice
Important role in one recent game does not equal importance to the series and importance to the series is what matters most..
Yes, and an important role in one out dated game, and a recent cameo does make importance to the series? Skull Kid's little horn playing was not relevant at all. And because Midna has the more recent role, she stands a much greater chance.

For the love of god stop putting Midna on a high pedestal and stop acting like her role in one game is bigger than other characters roles in other games.
Then stop putting Skull Kid on a pedestal. He's had a big role in one game, and like what, 20 mins worth of cameo? Possibly not even that. I still think Midna probably has much larger screen time than Skull Kid does.

He is still just as important as Midna story wise.
Yes, The King of Hyrule is just as important storywise. But he doesn't fight at all. Whereas Midna does. Thus, much more believable.

Wait weren't we talking about the king of red lions compared to Midna? Anyway the characters importance to the series is the most important thing and neither of the above two are important to the series enough to get in.
Cause who else is more important? Just cause someone's in more games (Skull Kid) does not make them more important. God, a cameo, and you can't even be positive it's the same Skull Kid, does not make him a relevant character, at all! Once again, Midna has equal, if not greater screen time than Skull Kid has. In my opinion, that makes her much more relevant.

They still helped you fight even if they just gave you hints. Sometimes hints are better than a partner that helps you in combat
Yes, but neither Tatl, Navi nor the King of Red Lions have an easy made moveset. Nor are particularly fascinating. Midna has the design of a Brawler, and has a moveset that's actually believable.

As I've said before recent is nothing. It's all about importance to the series and Midna is not important to the series yet.
And once again, a cameo does not make a character relevant to the plot. It's like saying that because there was pictures of the sages from OoT in Wind Waker that they're all incredibly relevant to the plot, when it's clearly not so.

Skull Kid has a more important role in the series than Midna does because he has been in more games being a major character in one having a cameo in one and having a supporting role in another. All Midna has is major character in one and you said it yourself she may not be coming back because of the ending of TP even though we can't be sure.
a) Midna has had equal or more screen time than Skull Kid.
b) The Skull Kid like creature in the forest in TP isn't even necessarily the same Skull Kid. Until I came here, not me, nor a single one of my friends thought it was.
b pt. 2) Just because he's playing Saria's song does not make him Skull Kid. Every single short ditty in that game is a remix of an OoT song (the wolf's howls) so this is not concrete evidence in any way.
c) You teach the skull kid a song in OoT. That's not a support role. It has one line. I certainly didn't consider him a support role at all. A support role is like Saria, Ruto, Deku Tree. Hell, Mido has more lines than Skull Kid, and definately has a much larger role than Skull Kid.

Well the GC and Wii don't need rep unlike the classic older consoles. I see no logic in you saying he needs the mask in OoT to rep the 64 era.
Yes, and the 64 era needs to be repped? Why? It wasn't like it was Nintendo's shining moment, in fact it was Nintendo's downfall era. Plus it's not like it's incredibly old, it's like 10 years ago.

That still doesn't change the fact that she isn't important to the franchise enough to get a spot.
And how is Skull Kid more important? I repeat, because he has had a cameo does not make him important. And once again, most people don't even think the Skull Kid in TP is the same Skull Kid from Majora's Mask. Considering that TP is like a century later, it seems very doubtful.

No they where cell shaded. Midna doesn't have a good shot for brawl for the next one maybe but not brawl.
Why not, cause you say so? She has the most chance now! While TP is recent. Major'as Mask wasn't well received. Skull Kid's big oppurtunity was missed when he was passed for Melee.

Tingle has been in more games than Midna and has his own spin off franchise so thats why Tingle over Midna.
Eh can't argue with this. Although, Sakurai said he wanted to stay away fro mcharacters only Japan liked, and I think Nintendo realizes how almost all of the Western World hates him, including me.

I have actually. She is an imp like Skull Kid, a brat like Tatl and a princess like Zelda.
You're generalizing alot. You could do that for any character. It's the unique blend of traits that, well, make her unique.

Skull Kid has the first three and Zelda is also a princess.
... Augh. Like I said, Midna is highly more likely than Skull Kid, she's a recent character, who has had more screen time than Skull Kid. His time has passed, and considering that he's not incredibly retro, he's probably not even being thought of.

And lastly, didn't you say you haven't even played Twilight Princess?

If so:

How the hell do you think you can compare them, when you clearly know little to nothing about one of them.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Thats what I told him, hes comparing a character from a game he hasnt played, which is absolutely wrong, its like If I judge the next pirates movie b4 seeing it, all he says is that skull kid has 3 appearances , that hes important to the series (wtf?) and that midna aint important to the series and thus shouldnt be added...

Seriously numa, Lost addict said some stuff that if he doesnt convince u, that ur just ignorant, me, lost addict and even creo knows midna has a shot, and saying he doesnt is just ur opinion, but we know its fact...

Shuma

Smash Hero
I never finished TP, but i played it and i know Midna's tale and Skull kid's tale, i don whant Midna in brawl i don't think she fits, but if one of those 2 character appears it will be Midna, not skull kid. He has more appearences? how so? he was the villain in Majoras mask( a very bad and poorly designed villain) where else does he appear? TP? people only say a Skull kid appears there, well if TP isn't TP a century in the future after OoT? then how the hell can Skull kid be still alive!?

Fawriel

Smash Master
I only managed to skim through the pages that appeared when I slept, and darn am I glad I left before I started killing people.
Fortunately there are some who make me feel that all of humanity is not yet lost.

Anyway, Midna is awesome. There are some who find her annoying, but whatever.
My girlfriend is a great fan of the Zelda series, she has every single game. She is also incredibly empathic and emotional and has lots of fantasy aaand stuff. *ahem*
When I jokingly said that Navi's going to be in Brawl, she agreed that her attacks would consist of "HEY! LISTEN!" to annoy her opponents to death.
When she beat Twilight Princess, she cried because she couldn't bear the fact that Midna left. "She has no right to destroy the mirror" is what she said. She grew really, really attached to her, apparently.
Point is, Midna has personality, she's awesome, she's well-loved.

And I'm not even going to bother to defend my point about personality. Stryks put it well, although I think that even the Ice Climbers have gotten a lot of personality, and even Mr. G&W did in a way, although none was present in their original games. Soul is a good word for it, I'll use that now.

RBE

Smash Rookie
The only character (besides Link) that should be in Brawl, in my opinion, is Zelda.

RWB

Smash Ace
I, for one, think Vaati has the biggest chance, if you don't count the characters that was in melee.

D

Deleted member

1) he technology was there, u could teleport with the ocarina, why not just add an extra command when talkin to navi saying : want me to teleport u? isntead of playing the song, the technology was there cmon, navi bothered u every time u canted to lock on an enemy, when u were walking, and in many other places, midna says a lot of gibberish, but shes doesnt go HEY! WTACH OUT!! everytime an enemy apepared, when she needed to talk to u, or anything, she just laughed, adn when she talked, u could here taht weird voice, wich addin voice in tp is a plus for me...
Um. Yes, of course. A boy of the forest turns to his fairy and says "Quick, my Navi, to the castle"! It doesn't sound out of place at all. :rolleyes:

And the gibberish was basically the stuff that Navi said, but with more variety. It was the same with everything else in TP. It was basically OoT without Young Link but still with a second world and added tidbits here and there.

2) but he doesnt have arm nor legs, metaknight doesnt have legs their out of propotion!, and mario and warios head are bigger that theyre supposed to be in the games, their out of proportion! see the point, midna was transform into an Imp, imp are supposed to be small, have out of proportion parts of the body, and look freakish...
What? You totally ignored my main point here. Midna is in one game, in one shape, and it's awkward. Kirby, Metaknight, Jigglypuff, Mario and Wario have been in multiple games so have more room to be changed.

3) Could u possibly think b4 posting?
Could you possibly not make everything you say a web of grammatical and spelling errors? I don't mind a mis-spelling here and there, it's not that important, but the fact that you post "u" instead of you and "b4" instead of before makes you seem lazy and really doesn't help your points at all. I can't understand half the things you say.

4) Mario has always been the same person in all of his games, same with samus, but in zelda, in every game there are diefent timelines, does it could be that TP skull kid aitn the same one from MM, not to mention the look, thats what gives it away, we all know TP link aint the one of OoT, ww and all the others cause of the timeline...
Again, you don't actually bring facts you bring your opinion as if it's a fact. "It's this way because I said so". You have no proof. Characters change their looks all the time.

And you make yourself look like a moron for not knowing that Skull kid is in the same timeline for OoT, MM and TP. Even if you do, you're now talking about Link. I was talking about MARIO, not Samus, Link, bla bla bla. Stop comparing everything to other things completely random. :laugh:

Yeah lets add a total generic bad guy in brawl, and not add the mask that mad ehim unique 10 years ago...
I want the mask. You're an idiot. He's not generic, Midna's definitely more generic. As Ganondorf is a better choice than Navi, Skull kid is a better choice than Midna. Villains > Companions.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I don't see how you figure Skull Kid is a better choice than Midna. Most of the arguments for Skull Kid simply seem to be that you like so he deserves a spot. He's hardly that revolutionary a character (he's probably even more generic than Midna actually), and despite being in 3 games isn't really any more significant to the Zelda franchise, seeing as 2 of those appearances are incredibly small to the point that they aren't even worth mentioning. The only reason why he even deserves the slightest bit of consideration is that he's the only practical way of getting a Majora's mask based moveset, as Majora's forms were so inredibly ugly and grotesque it'd be much better just to give the moves to Skull Kid wearing the mask (in other words, Skull Kid won't get in on his own merits, rather on the mask's). I wouldn't even argue that he is the best villain choice besides Ganondorf for a Zelda rep, Vaati seems much more likely.

And I don't see how Midna is awkward in appearance, considering there are far more awkward characters that have already got in as playable characters. The only thing I've seen from Midna nay-sayers is that they don't like her, and very few have given concrete facts against her inclusion. The only real factor against her is that she may just too recent, but she's had enough time to gain a fanbase and her inclusion in brawl to be discussed, o I can hardly see that as a string reason against her. Hate her as much as you want, the fact remains that she is definitely got a decent shot to get in.

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere where it's not quite hot, but not quite
I never finished TP, but i played it and i know Midna's tale and Skull kid's tale, i don whant Midna in brawl i don't think she fits, but if one of those 2 character appears it will be Midna, not skull kid. He has more appearences? how so? he was the villain in Majoras mask( a very bad and poorly designed villain) where else does he appear? TP? people only say a Skull kid appears there, well if TP isn't TP a century in the future after OoT? then how the hell can Skull kid be still alive!?
that's because skull kids aren't mortal/live longer than normal kokiri, even if kokiri arent in TP.
how ever, the skull kid in TP is just one of the MaNy skull kids in the zelda universe, the skull kid from MM is unique/his own character, he is more important than your normal ordinary everyday garden variety skull kid. There is no indication that the one from TP is the same from MM. :psycho:

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
that's because skull kids aren't mortal/live longer than normal kokiri, even if kokiri arent in TP.
how ever, the skull kid in TP is just one of the MaNy skull kids in the zelda universe, the skull kid from MM is unique/his own character, he is more important than your normal ordinary everyday garden variety skull kid. There is no indication that the one from TP is the same from MM. :psycho:
Oh yes there is! Skull kid is playing Saria's song all along the process of his actual guiding Link to get his hands on the master sword.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
As much as I hate to admit it, the more I look at the Samus/Zamus affair, the more I begin thinking that Zamus is going to wind up being a replacement for Sheik. While Sheik could easily work with Celda (Instead of Sheik she turns into Tetra, but Tetra could easily be fitted with Sheik's moveset), it'd be out of place for TP Zelda and, if they incorporate costumes, any of the other Zelda's outside OoT and WW. I'll be glad if she's still in, but it won't be the end of the world if she isn't. It'd mean that Zelda could be buffed up a bit, as was a bit of a slap in the face when she was far inferior to Peach in Melee.

Midna. Defiantly. Forget the wolf or her Princess form, but she's brimming with originality, personality, significance, freshness and, last but defiantly not least, she's female. I'll be extremely surprised if she's not in, that's how confident I am.

Anyway, the more talk of Tingle I hear, the more I've warmed up to the idea. The Zelda series lacks a consistent cast. Out of all the characters who have more than one incarnation in the Zelda timeline outside of Link and Zelda, Tingle is the one man who stands out and has more than enough potential to make it in. His own game and a large amount of controversy, both positive and negative are also attributes which a man like Sakurai would look out for in Brawl. XD Love for him to be in, but I'll be a bit peeved if he gets in over Midna, but chances are we'll get two new Zelda characters at least. The rumor of his inclusion is one which for once I'm not detesting. Then again, I guess I have a thing for bizarre and flamboyant imp men.

Oh, and while Majora's Mask (with Skull Kid or not, either concept would work fine) would be great, but at this point in time I don't see him getting in before Midna or Tingle. Unless Zelda gets three new character spots (and I reckon that'd be unfair to most other franchises, even when you consider the Zelda series' significance), he's not getting in from my perspective. Sorries.

Oh and obviously Ganondorf will get a moveset make over, though some moves from his Melee carnation would be appreciated. Only problem I see is which aspects of the character to incorporate, considering his fighting style seems to change with each new game (i.e. A huge sword in OoT, two samurai blades in WW, a different huge sword in OoT). And a Ganon transformation WILL be his Super Smash. Or, at least I'm willing to bet on it.. And Young Link will probably become a costume for the normal Link, along with WW Link, Classic Link and OoT Link. Maybe Fierce Deity Link as well. 8D

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
Oh yes there is! Skull kid is playing Saria's song all along the process of his actual guiding Link to get his hands on the master sword.
thats just an homage(spelling?) to OoT, because OoT was so good, they just had to put saria's song in it, its so that they can rmeind you of OoT, call it... a cameo appearrance if you will....
sega did the same thing with sonic '06, the first level (wave ocean) is an homage to emerald coast (first level of sonic adventure), and in that level, there is another killer whale chasing you. just like emerald coast. hope you get it now. ^_~

D

Deleted member

I don't see how you figure Skull Kid is a better choice than Midna. Most of the arguments for Skull Kid simply seem to be that you like so he deserves a spot. He's hardly that revolutionary a character (he's probably even more generic than Midna actually), and despite being in 3 games isn't really any more significant to the Zelda franchise, seeing as 2 of those appearances are incredibly small to the point that they aren't even worth mentioning. The only reason why he even deserves the slightest bit of consideration is that he's the only practical way of getting a Majora's mask based moveset, as Majora's forms were so inredibly ugly and grotesque it'd be much better just to give the moves to Skull Kid wearing the mask (in other words, Skull Kid won't get in on his own merits, rather on the mask's). I wouldn't even argue that he is the best villain choice besides Ganondorf for a Zelda rep, Vaati seems much more likely.
It's hard to say who's more popular, but Majora's Mask was generally well-accepted by the Zelda fans. Many consider the best one, and praise the characters such as Skull kid, Kafei etc. Skull kid/the mask's participation in that game could be his peak. Needless to say, if Skull kid's in he'll be in with the mask. Is that really not his own merits, anyway? The mask is something that only Skull kid could have brought out the best with, as he's a deep character. In OoT he was a side character more than anything else, you met with him at least a few times. In TP he returns with basically a cameo. There's not much that can be done with such a character, but they're doing all they can to keep him alive. Which shows there's still interest with him.

And I don't see how Midna is awkward in appearance, considering there are far more awkward characters that have already got in as playable characters. The only thing I've seen from Midna nay-sayers is that they don't like her, and very few have given concrete facts against her inclusion. The only real factor against her is that she may just too recent, but she's had enough time to gain a fanbase and her inclusion in brawl to be discussed, o I can hardly see that as a string reason against her.
She's just a companion. She may play an important role, but she's given nothing to the series that wasn't in Twilight Princess. We don't need four or five TP characters simply because it's the most recent one. Compared to the roles of Zelda, Ganondorf and Link throughout the entire franchise Midna falls to bits as far as importance goes. Skull kid at least came along earlier and added some needed emotional depth. Although Midna may tick all the boxes (brat, princess, annoying) for a companion...

Hate her as much as you want, the fact remains that she is definitely got a decent shot to get in.
I don't hate her, I just don't like people crazily comparing her to every other Zelda character as if she's the main character of the entire franchise. She's not "definitely" got a decent shot. :dizzy:

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
thats just an homage(spelling?) to OoT, because OoT was so good, they just had to put saria's song in it, its so that they can rmeind you of OoT, call it... a cameo appearrance if you will....
sega did the same thing with sonic '06, the first level (wave ocean) is an homage to emerald coast (first level of sonic adventure), and in that level, there is another killer whale chasing you. just like emerald coast. hope you get it now. ^_~
Yeah I get what you trying to say.But it's probably wrong.Also his sad expression resembles that of the moon in MM.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
It's hard to say who's more popular, but Majora's Mask was generally well-accepted by the Zelda fans. Many consider the best one, and praise the characters such as Skull kid, Kafei etc. Skull kid/the mask's participation in that game could be his peak. Needless to say, if Skull kid's in he'll be in with the mask. Is that really not his own merits, anyway? The mask is something that only Skull kid could have brought out the best with, as he's a deep character. In OoT he was a side character more than anything else, you met with him at least a few times. In TP he returns with basically a cameo. There's not much that can be done with such a character, but they're doing all they can to keep him alive. Which shows there's still interest with him.
It was well received (one of my favourites even), but it's so unfairly overshadowed by it's predecessor OoT that it's often put to the side. Majora is really the spice of the character, Skull Kid is really just there for the ride seeing as the mask only looks good in mask form, and Skull Kid is the most prominent wearer of it. It's Majora's power that'll make up Skull Kids moveset, not Skull Kid himself. And I think the cameo was more or less just homage to the lost woods in Oot rather than an attempt to keep Skull Kid alive, and Saria's song is just one of the most notable themes in the game (it was Y.Links theme in melee after all)

She's just a companion. She may play an important role, but she's given nothing to the series that wasn't in Twilight Princess. We don't need four or five TP characters simply because it's the most recent one. Compared to the roles of Zelda, Ganondorf and Link throughout the entire franchise Midna falls to bits as far as importance goes. Skull kid at least came along earlier and added some needed emotional depth. Although Midna may tick all the boxes (brat, princess, annoying) for a companion...
Midna would be the only TP addition, Link, Zelda and Gannondorf would rep the series and their other incarnations as a whole, the fact that they are in their TP skins doesn't change that. Midna is more than a companion though, she's the focus of the game and the story practically revolves around her, none of the other companions are close to that status. Skull Kid didn't bring any emotional depth to the series either, and coming earlier really doesn't mean anything as he's hardly a prominent character in the series despite how many games have come out since OoT. And the fact that Midna isn't as important to the series as Link, Zelda and Ganondorf is just an incredibly weak argument. No other character in the series comes even close to them (with the possible exception of Tingle) so it's entirely irrelevant. Skull Kids relevance to the series is also so laughably non existent compared to those 3, so I guess by your logic he's got no chance too.

I don't hate her, I just don't like people crazily comparing her to every other Zelda character as if she's the main character of the entire franchise. She's not "definitely" got a decent shot. :dizzy:
Midna fans do over estimate their chances, I accept that, and there are other Zelda characters that have a chance. However, to say that Midna doesn't even have a decent shot is just ignorant on your part. I won't go as far as to say I expect her to be in this game, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Once again, LukeFonFabre brings forth a logical and well reasoned argument. I'm glad I'm on your side this time Luke. (Marth says hi.)

The point that has been conveniently glazed over by those who argue against Midna's inclusion because of her relative unimportance importance to the series (having appeared in only one game so far) is that Sheik was included in Melee, in spite of the fact that she only appeared as Zelda's alter ego in a single game.

Midna is far more important in the story of Twilight Princess than Zelda's disguise was in OoT. Therefore, she just as worthy of the time consuming process of developing a unique moveset for the character. Granted, if Midna never appears in another Zelda game she will likely be cut for Smash Bros 4 (as Sheik will inevitably be for Brawl) but her importance in Twilight Princess more than earns her the honor of having a guest appearance in the Smash Bros series.

D

Deleted member

It was well received (one of my favourites even), but it's so unfairly overshadowed by it's predecessor OoT that it's often put to the side. Majora is really the spice of the character, Skull Kid is really just there for the ride seeing as the mask only looks good in mask form, and Skull Kid is the most prominent wearer of it. It's Majora's power that'll make up Skull Kids moveset, not Skull Kid himself. And I think the cameo was more or less just homage to the lost woods in Oot rather than an attempt to keep Skull Kid alive, and Saria's song is just one of the most notable themes in the game (it was Y.Links theme in melee after all)
Well, no matter how it is in the actual Zelda game Skull kid will indeed have Majora's Mask down as one of his merits. Even if it was an accident, it was the centerpeice of the entire game. And we can't really judge the Skull kid in Twilight Princess too highly, all there is to him in the appearance is Saria's Song, which would make you think it's the origional Skull kid, but a different appearance. I'm hoping it's the same Skull kid some of us already like rather than a random doppleganger dedicated to fan appreciation.

Midna would be the only TP addition, Link, Zelda and Gannondorf would rep the series and their other incarnations as a whole, the fact that they are in their TP skins doesn't change that. Midna is more than a companion though, she's the focus of the game and the story practically revolves around her, none of the other companions are close to that status. Skull Kid didn't bring any emotional depth to the series either, and coming earlier really doesn't mean anything as he's hardly a prominent character in the series despite how many games have come out since OoT. And the fact that Midna isn't as important to the series as Link, Zelda and Ganondorf is just an incredibly weak argument. No other character in the series comes even close to them (with the possible exception of Tingle) so it's entirely irrelevant. Skull Kids relevance to the series is also so laughably non existent compared to those 3, so I guess by your logic he's got no chance too.
I'm sorry if I played her against the three main guns, but it does seem to happen a lot with Midna fans. Like someone who told me that Midna was having her own game, or that one guy who said Midna and Zant are Ganondorf's parents. It's idiocy that comes with the inclusion of any character in the Zelda series - people will always compare and say things that need to be put in prospective.

Skull kid didn't bring it solely, but it certainly seems that way from some angles. He put a little creepiness in OoT. He brought a hell of a lot to MM, advancing upon that creepiness with Majora's Mask aid. He represents the lost of the series, those who have lost their way. What would happen to Link if he took one wrong turn.

Midna fans do over estimate their chances, I accept that, and there are other Zelda characters that have a chance. However, to say that Midna doesn't even have a decent shot is just ignorant on your part. I won't go as far as to say I expect her to be in this game, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least.
She doesn't "definitely" have a decent shot. She may have a decent shot, but not definitely. That's two adjectives anyway. Either say she has a decent shot or a definite shot. :psycho:

It also wouldn't surprise me, I just didn't like her in the game and don't like the idea of her in the new 'Smash game. Especially after Sheik. Not to mention this is Skull kid's last chance, so I'm arguing (even if it's futile) 'til the end. :urg:

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
True, Tingle has appeared in more Zelda games than Midna has - but Tingle has always been a relatively minor, supporting character in each games story.
He's a big part of Windwaker, and he keeps popping up in ezch Zelda game, except...

He was also conspicuously absent from the latest Zelda game entirely.
You can blame that on TP's effort to appease the North American audience rather than just letting Aonuma make what he wanted to. TP was originally going to use Windwaker's engine, which would mean Tingle would've appeared. Since he's one of the very few characters (other than Falbi and Fyer) that Aonuma himself has created, and he's expressed his great fondness for the little guy, most notably after WW's release.

Conversly, Midna was more central to the plot of Twilight Princess (the most most recent and heavily hyped Zelda game since OoT) than Link was.
Yeah, but Tingle's got the "legacy factor". Other than Zelda, Link and Ganon, Tingle's basically the only other guy who consistently returns in each subsequent Zelda. I'm for Midna too, but if it's a choice between her and Tingle...Tingle.

Although Tingle has appeared in his own spin off series, it has not yet been released worldwide (although I think one of them has been confirmed for European launch...) undoubtably due in no small part to his extremly limited appeal outside Japan.
Well, I can tell you now that we aren't getting Tingle's Balloon Fight: it was a Club Nintendo offer for Japanese players, and there's not much of a way to market a game worth 5$ over here while still marketing it effectively. And I think I heard stories about the Tingle RPG getting localized...but that was a while ago, and I haven't heard anything eelse about it since.

With Twilight Princess selling like crazy and getting rave reviews, I think its a safe bet that most of the Zelda characters and maps in Brawl are going to be from this game. That gives Midna a definite edge over characters like Skull Kid and Tingle.
Let's hope not. They can TP-ize the main 3, but if everyone's from TP, then the Zelda characters will all be a bunch of stuck-up, too-serious losers. But if you put in Tingle (and WW Link), it balances thing out. Zelda shouldn't be represented entirely (or by a large majority) by the most serious, unfunny Zelda game, since the series in general isn't like that.

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
wait a minute, skull kid in TP didn't have a sad expression, he had a more... how would you say..... sadistic smile going on. look again.
Poor choice of words on my behalf then..Still it resembles the moon! I know it's not official or anything but assumptions can be made by fans that it is the very same Skull kid a century and even more after Ganondorf's defeat (in the OoT>MM>TP timeline) guiding the next hero to the master sword.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Well, no matter how it is in the actual Zelda game Skull kid will indeed have Majora's Mask down as one of his merits. Even if it was an accident, it was the centerpeice of the entire game. And we can't really judge the Skull kid in Twilight Princess too highly, all there is to him in the appearance is Saria's Song, which would make you think it's the origional Skull kid, but a different appearance. I'm hoping it's the same Skull kid some of us already like rather than a random doppleganger dedicated to fan appreciation.
Chances are it is the same Skull Kid, assuming that the lost kids become ageless when they get lost in the woods. The puppets are a new trick, but he probably picked up something being there for so long. Though it's MM Skull Kid that'll get in if he does, simply because the Mask is pretty key to making him an interesting character.

I'm sorry if I played her against the three main guns, but it does seem to happen a lot with Midna fans. Like someone who told me that Midna was having her own game, or that one guy who said Midna and Zant are Ganondorf's parents. It's idiocy that comes with the inclusion of any character in the Zelda series - people will always compare and say things that need to be put in prospective.
That's understandable really, outside of the Triforce it really is anyones game. I have seen some Midna fans over emphasize her importance, which annoys me even though I support her. Can't say I've ever heard Midna and Zant being Ganondorf's parents though, I'd like to know what they were on at the time.:dizzy:

Skull kid didn't bring it solely, but it certainly seems that way from some angles. He put a little creepiness in OoT. He brought a hell of a lot to MM, advancing upon that creepiness with Majora's Mask aid. He represents the lost of the series, those who have lost their way. What would happen to Link if he took one wrong turn.
I think I was too harsh with my earlier statement. One of the things I liked about MM was that that there was a lot more emotional depth in the story and aongst the NPC's. Tatl had more character that Navi did IMO, and it felt more of a personal quest for Link. Skull Kid is an interesting character, as there is more to him than simply gain power to destroy the world (though he is pretty much completely taken over by the psychotic nature of the mask).

She doesn't "definitely" have a decent shot. She may have a decent shot, but not definitely. That's two adjectives anyway. Either say she has a decent shot or a definite shot. :psycho:
My mistake then:) I'll just simply go with she has a decent shot.

It also wouldn't surprise me, I just didn't like her in the game and don't like the idea of her in the new 'Smash game. Especially after Sheik. Not to mention this is Skull kid's last chance, so I'm arguing (even if it's futile) 'til the end. :urg:
Admirable to say the least, and while I'm not of the same viewpoint as you I understand where you are coming from. I just think Skull Kid has a lot working against at the moment, though I certainly wouldn't say no some MM representation (Tingle doesn't count even if it was his first game). I was kind of annoyed Young Link too more after his OoT form than his MM form.

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
Poor choice of words on my behalf then..Still it resembles the moon! I know it's not official or anything but assumptions can be made by fans that it is the very same Skull kid a century and even more after Ganondorf's defeat (in the OoT>MM>TP timeline) guiding the next hero to the master sword.
interesting, yes i did notice that skul kid's face from TP looked eerily(spelling?) familiar! and now that you mention it... yes! it sorta does look like the moon from MM!.

anyway, i should've put this in my last post:
the timeline/continuity from OoT>MM>TP, they take place a hundred years (i think) before TP, so that means, incase my past statement is incorrect, that the skull kid from TP is indeed different from the one in MM/OoT, because link has to be re-incarnated in order to save TP hyrule from ganon's re-incarnated form, so that mean, althoug the skull kids may not be the same, atleast they serve the same purpose, is that what it should sound like? i dont see any other possible way.. unless you tell me what it is...:laugh:

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
He's a big part of Windwaker, and he keeps popping up in ezch Zelda game, except....
WW was Tingle's biggest game (he had his own side quest and he was even a playable side kick if you had a GBA cable...) but he was never as important to the story as Midna is to TP.

You can blame that on TP's effort to appease the North American audience rather than just letting Aonuma make what he wanted to. TP was originally going to use Windwaker's engine, which would mean Tingle would've appeared. Since he's one of the very few characters (other than Falbi and Fyer) that Aonuma himself has created, and he's expressed his great fondness for the little guy, most notably after WW's release..
I don't blame Nintendo for not putting Tingle in TP. Tingle in a realistic graphical style would be enough to give anyone nightmares.

Yeah, but Tingle's got the "legacy factor". Other than Zelda, Link and Ganon, Tingle's basically the only other guy who consistently returns in each subsequent Zelda. I'm for Midna too, but if it's a choice between her and Tingle...Tingle..
Tingle's legacy factor is enough to make him more likely than Skull Kid or Vaati, in my view, but not Midna. Midna's role in TP was greater than Tingle's in all his games put together.

Well, I can tell you now that we aren't getting Tingle's Balloon Fight: it was a Club Nintendo offer for Japanese players, and there's not much of a way to market a game worth 5$ over here while still marketing it effectively. And I think I heard stories about the Tingle RPG getting localized...but that was a while ago, and I haven't heard anything eelse about it since..
Yeah, it sounds like Nintendo, rightly or wrongly, sees Tingle as a liability to appeasing their North American audience. That's why I doubt he will get in over Midna.

Let's hope not. They can TP-ize the main 3, but if everyone's from TP, then the Zelda characters will all be a bunch of stuck-up, too-serious losers. But if you put in Tingle (and WW Link), it balances thing out. Zelda shouldn't be represented entirely (or by a large majority) by the most serious, unfunny Zelda game, since the series in general isn't like that.
Twilight Princess had some hilarious moments. I can prove it in two words: Malo Mart.

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
interesting, yes i did notice that skul kid's face from TP looked eerily(spelling?) familiar! and now that you mention it... yes! it sorta does look like the moon from MM!.

anyway, i should've put this in my last post:
the timeline/continuity from OoT>MM>TP, they take place a hundred years (i think) before TP, so that means, incase my past statement is incorrect, that the skull kid from TP is indeed different from the one in MM/OoT, because link has to be re-incarnated in order to save TP hyrule from ganon's re-incarnated form, so that mean, althoug the skull kids may not be the same, atleast they serve the same purpose, is that what it should sound like? i dont see any other possible way.. unless you tell me what it is...:laugh:
No, you are correct.Indeed the events in TP take place over a hundred years after MM.The hero of time is long dead (due to age) but Ganondorf is the very same that was imprisoned by the 7 sages in OoT(Zelda is the seventh sage).Zelda is dead as well and reincarnated (like Link).I believe Zelda's and Link's reincarnation must always occur to keep the balance of the triforce intact.For it is them that they are most suited to guard these two halves.And also as stated 3 lines above Ganondorf is far from dead! Make no mistake..Ganondorf is not by far ageless or immortal.He was just imprisoned in a timeless dimension called sacred realm(The place that he was shackled by the sages).
Having straighted that out let's move on with what I believe has happened to the SKull kid.
As you probably know Skull kids are kokiris lost in the forest taking a different form and shape..If the kokiri is good (meaning not evil or wicked in some way) he will turn to be into a Skull kid! If it's the other way around it will become a Stalfos(Skeleton monster appeared in many Zelda games). Now our renowed Skull kid somehow entered Termina like Link.Termina is a parallel dimension to Hyrule(Meaning you can't go there with normal means like walking there).Anyway my point is that the Skull kid MAY be imoortal cause the kokiri are ageless and MIGHT be immortal as well(By immortal I mean they can't die out of age)! If it's like that then the Skull kid of course is possible to be seen in TP and be the very same.If not then it must be just another Skull kid testing Link just to play with him(And the Saria's song is indeed an addition for the fans). I'm just assuming it's the same Skull kid taking into account that the song is not for the fans but a hint and judging by the mask resembling the moon in MM.

P.S In TP I strongly believe that the skeleton teaching you all the techniques is the hero of time.Having regrets about not finishing of Ganondorf completely.There is a STRONG imply saying that.(He also uses his left arm to hold the sword like every other Link)

P.S2 The only reason TP Link has his sword in his right hand is because it is mirrored from the gamecube version..After all the game was designed for gamecube at first.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Twilight Princess wasn't too serious... I agree with Wisey.

... I'll carefully stay out of the Tingle argument. I just don't like him. I like craziness and randomness and everything, a lot, believe me. Tingle would be cool if he was in as, say, part of a minigame or so. The Zelda version of Adventure Mode or something. I dunno.
But as a fighter... no. Tingle does reoccur in lots of games, but calling that a "legacy", I don't know, he seems to me more like a "running gag".
To put it into an analogy:

Tingle : Zelda series
Jar Jar Binks : Star Wars

He's fun and I'm okay with his presence, but I do not want him taking over the series and end up owning my beloved characters in my favourite game, or even worse, the tiers.
Besides. If you want the playful side of Zelda represented, how about Wind Waker Link? He's colorful and has a face with enough expressiveness in it for two. Also, Midna could be portrayed in various ways and might be pretty playful, too.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ill sum up pretty much everything weve talked about:

Midna has a good shot being in brawl, surprising many if not in, those that dont acept this are just being ignorant or just dont like her...

Skull Kid has many appearances, yet in only one he had a big role, in one game he was a cameo, and since we want the MM skull kid, after 10 years its not likely, he was perfect for melee, but lacks much of a chance in brawl...

Tingle, though he has appeared in many games, appearances mean nothing, pit, ICs, GaW, Sheik and all of those prove that, but thanks to his popularity, he has a good shot being in, tough many will agree that midna may deserve the shot 1st, tingle could be easily the runner up (unfortunally)

Vaati, though only appearing in handheld games, he could be easily the next villain included, after ganondorf (though I think zant has a chance) we just gotta wait and see...

WW link would just replace y.link, 'nough said...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Believe I admit a lot of stuff which I dont agree on, like tinlge having a shot, and vaati maybe getting and takin zant oportunity in getting in, but believe me if ur mad of the SK part, no matter how much U like him, u know its the truth...

Vali

Smash Ace
Ill sum up pretty much everything i've talked about:

Midna has a good shot being in brawl, surprising many if not in, those that dont acept this are just being ignorant or just dont like her...

Skull Kid has many appearances, yet in only one he had a big role, in one game he was a cameo, and since we want the MM skull kid, after 10 years its not likely, he was perfect for melee, but lacks much of a chance in brawl...

Tingle, though he has appeared in many games, appearances mean nothing, pit, ICs, GaW, Sheik and all of those prove that, but thanks to his popularity, he has a good shot being in, tough many will agree that midna may deserve the shot 1st, tingle could be easily the runner up (unfortunally)

Vaati, though only appearing in handheld games, he could be easily the next villain included, after ganondorf (though I think zant has a chance) we just gotta wait and see...

WW link would just replace y.link, 'nough said...
Fixed now. Besides you should really stop bringing up that list of appearances as Pit, Ice Climbers and Game + Watch also prove that "recent" or "large fanbase" arent necessarily big factors either which kind of hurts your argument about Midna in 2 ways.

D

Deleted member

Believe I admit a lot of stuff which I dont agree on, like tinlge having a shot, and vaati maybe getting and takin zant oportunity in getting in, but believe me if ur mad of the SK part, no matter how much U like him, u know its the truth...
Nah, Vali summed it up. You put too much opinion in your sum-up for it to actually be one. You didn't put in both sides of any arguments, rather siding specifically with either one.

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
I don't like the idea of Tingle getting in as a fighter as well...But just because I don't like that doesn't mean he is out! He's actually the most possible out of all choices! Also in my opinion Zant will not be a character.Maybe someone that will serve as an obstacle changing the terrain as he did in his fight against Link. Again in my opinion Skull kid has a fair chance of getting in.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Look many have given reasons on why some characters should be in brawl and why some shouldnt:

Midna is too new, and will probably become the next sheik, being forgotten in the future cause of lack of appearances, some say villains should be b4 companions, and that just because she had a big role in one game, doesnt mean she'l lget in...

Skull kid deserves the shot, according to some, has apepared in 3 games and, according to some hes the same skull kid in all 3 games, and because he keeps appearing it means nintendo is interested in the character, doesnt want to let him go, thus hes important to the series...

Tingle is the only Zelda character to have his own game, one being balloon fighter-like game, and another RPG (right?), thats shows how popular he is, and is a perfect candidate for brawl...

Now look, Link, zelda and ganondorf are representing the entire series, not just TP, they have the latest skin cause its what sakurai doin with every character: mario with the galaxy look, fox with the command look, and so on... But we know that Link represetns all the other links, zelda the entire zeldas and ganondorf rerpesents all his past self, thus we dont have any TP characters...

I feel the game, who was a huge hit, was very hyped, and is considered (by some, not by me) the best zelda, and having the entire game revolve around her, I feel midna is the perfect candidate for this, shes one the newer characters, and though she may not be important to the entire series, I ask you: was sheik was?

Though I want skull kid in (hell I made a sig for him a while back, that proves it) im being realistic, his last appearance was a cameo, and doesnt even look like the MM skull kid, he plays sarias song yes, but that doesnt mean anything, in wolf form, when next to the hwoling stones, u howl past songs from previous games, just because he plays the songs doesnt mean its the same one...

Now the character has been returning time and time again right? thats is no reason to add him we might as well add gorons and zoras as well, yes he had a big role in one game, but guys cmon its been 10 years... 10 years! u cant compare him with the ICs, pit and GaW, theyre retros, and SK aint retro, believe me I want skull kid with MM in brawl, I want his super to be to crush the moon on the stage, tha wuld be sweet, but since his last appearance was a cameo, and didnt had the mask, the chances are slim...

Tingle has a shot, as much as I despise the character, everyone has proven the facts and he does indeed have a shot, especially cause hes way popular in japan (why do they prefer the weird and cute over the cool and powerful? :p) still im saying because shes more recent, and having a bigger role than all of tingles roles combined, midna deserves the shot 1st...

Komayto

Smash Apprentice
[...]The hero of time is long dead (due to age) but Ganondorf is the very same that was imprisoned by the 7 sages in OoT(Zelda is the seventh sage).[...]
Actually, the events of the second part of OoT never happened in the OoT-MM-TP timeline. TP Ganondorf has never even fought Link before. TWW Ganondorf is the one who took over Hyrule in the past and was sealed in the Sacred Realm.

I might have misunderstood what you were saying though. In that case I apologize.

Oh, crap, it's the timeline again. I'll shut up now.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I think I'll have a shot at this

Midna has a lot of support for Brawl, and from what I can tell the majority seem to like her. She played a huge role in the most recent title for the franchise, though some people say she's too recent and not important enough to enter. I personally think she has the qualifications needed to get into Brawl, but I think the determining factor will be if her popularity is big enough for it to be worth it. Quite likely, but not certain.

Skull Kid is still around, though the highlight of his career was in MM, which was quite a while ago. His chances aren't as good as they would've been around melee time, but hope isn't all lost yet. He poses as an interesting character addition, and as Smash Daddy says, could rep the 64 Zelda games (which includes OoT, even if his role was very minor in that game). However, there are a lot of other candidates since melee was released, and part of me feels he'll get pushed out for the slot, though he has a better chance than many other characters in the series.

Tingle is loved in Japan, not so much outside of it. Still, he is a very recurrent character and has even got his own game by now, and he fits within the crazy style of Smash. However, as his game doesn't seem to be slated for an international release, it seems as though Nintendo is aware of his poor reception across the pond, which is a huge obstacle against him. He'll appear in the game in some form no doubt, but as playable character, he has a few hurdles to jump. Honestly though, if it weren't for that he'd easily have the greatest chance of all the characters in the Zelda series.

Vaati seems to be largely a handheld rep, and some regard him to be the Cel shaded Link's personal villain. However, the handheld games aren't as popular as the console games, and it doesn't appear as though they are planning to use Vaati anytime soon. However, he is the most recurring villain after Ganondorf, which gives him some importance. Still, I don't feel he's high on the priority list for Zelda characters. Personally I say he's tied with Skull Kid, if not just a teensy little bit more likely (almost negligibly)

WW Link seems the most likely at the moment, considering the Cel shaded Link practically has it's section of the series. He also appeared on Sakurai's poll a couple of times, so it sees like he's at least been considered. He seems even more likely than Tingle IMO, but that's largely because of Tingle's lack of support from outside Japan.

That's my personal take on the situation.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
^^^above.
Okay you basically just said everything and less that we said on the last 9 pages. Nothing new or don't have the opinion, don't reply.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
^^^above.
Okay you basically just said everything and less that we said on the last 9 pages. Nothing new or don't have the opinion, don't reply.
While what LukeFonFabre said was not necessarily new, his points were well thought out and 100% accurate. I know that you would prefer if everyone on this thread just continued trading insults back and forth, but some of us prefer intelligent discussion over petty bickering.

Keep up the good work Luke.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Yes, and an important role in one out dated game, and a recent cameo does make importance to the series? Skull Kid's little horn playing was not relevant at all. And because Midna has the more recent role, she stands a much greater chance.
Yet again with the Skull Kid is outdated Midna is more recent argument. Seriously I have had to fight every Midna argument at least twice on this thread so far. Anyway Skull Kid is a classic character that is still appearing while Midna is just a passing fad that probably won't come back. She is in the same position SK was in for melee and he didn't get in so why should Midna? Don't give me that Shiek crap because I have beaten it like 5 times already.

Then stop putting Skull Kid on a pedestal. He's had a big role in one game, and like what, 20 mins worth of cameo? Possibly not even that. I still think Midna probably has much larger screen time than Skull Kid does.
Midna's game was longer and she was the companion character of course she has had more screen time, so what. You barely saw adult Zelda in OoT but she still got in. Screen time means nothing as long as their role was important.

Yes, The King of Hyrule is just as important storywise. But he doesn't fight at all. Whereas Midna does. Thus, much more believable.
Just because someone doesn't fight in the games doesn't mean they can't fight at all.

Cause who else is more important? Just cause someone's in more games (Skull Kid) does not make them more important. God, a cameo, and you can't even be positive it's the same Skull Kid, does not make him a relevant character, at all! Once again, Midna has equal, if not greater screen time than Skull Kid has. In my opinion, that makes her much more relevant.
Once again screen time means nothing. Skull Kid is the same one every time and it has already been proven on this thread so I won't waste time on it again. No matter what you say it won't change the fact that SK is more important to the series as a whole than Midna and I have already said why countless times.

Yes, but neither Tatl, Navi nor the King of Red Lions have an easy made moveset. Nor are particularly fascinating. Midna has the design of a Brawler, and has a moveset that's actually believable.
I know that I was just pointing out that they are just as helpful in a fight to Link than Midna is.

And once again, a cameo does not make a character relevant to the plot. It's like saying that because there was pictures of the sages from OoT in Wind Waker that they're all incredibly relevant to the plot, when it's clearly not so.

I never said SK was relevant to the plot of TP.

a) Midna has had equal or more screen time than Skull Kid.
As long as the character matters to the plot screen time is unimportant.

b) The Skull Kid like creature in the forest in TP isn't even necessarily the same Skull Kid. Until I came here, not me, nor a single one of my friends thought it was.
It's been proven several times that it is the same one.

b pt. 2) Just because he's playing Saria's song does not make him Skull Kid. Every single short ditty in that game is a remix of an OoT song (the wolf's howls) so this is not concrete evidence in any way.
Now your just ignoring the truth.

c) You teach the skull kid a song in OoT. That's not a support role. It has one line. I certainly didn't consider him a support role at all. A support role is like Saria, Ruto, Deku Tree. Hell, Mido has more lines than Skull Kid, and definately has a much larger role than Skull Kid.
His support role was in TP not OoT.

Yes, and the 64 era needs to be repped? Why? It wasn't like it was Nintendo's shining moment, in fact it was Nintendo's downfall era. Plus it's not like it's incredibly old, it's like 10 years ago.
Nintendo loves to show that the old days haven't been forgotten and by adding SK they could show that they still remember the old 64 days which will forever be Nintendo's greatest era.

And how is Skull Kid more important? I repeat, because he has had a cameo does not make him important. And once again, most people don't even think the Skull Kid in TP is the same Skull Kid from Majora's Mask. Considering that TP is like a century later, it seems very doubtful.
Skull kid has One major role(MM), one supporting role(TP) and one minor role(OoT) while Midna only has one major role(TP) which makes SK more important than her.

Why not, cause you say so? She has the most chance now! While TP is recent. Major'as Mask wasn't well received. Skull Kid's big oppurtunity was missed when he was passed for Melee.
First off you burn yourself by saying SK didn't make it into melee because if he didn't and he was in the same situation as Midna(recent major character) than what makes you think she has a chance? MM is one of if not the most popular Zelda titles out there.

Eh can't argue with this. Although, Sakurai said he wanted to stay away fro mcharacters only Japan liked, and I think Nintendo realizes how almost all of the Western World hates him, including me.
Yeah Tingle has sort of mixed chances.

You're generalizing alot. You could do that for any character. It's the unique blend of traits that, well, make her unique.
Even so there are still many character more unique than her.

... Augh. Like I said, Midna is highly more likely than Skull Kid, she's a recent character, who has had more screen time than Skull Kid. His time has passed, and considering that he's not incredibly retro, he's probably not even being thought of.
Once again recent and screen time mean nothing and if Link's Uncle has been considered and put on that stupid poll I think they would have thought about SK too don't you think?

And lastly, didn't you say you haven't even played Twilight Princess?
Stupid Nintendo not supplying enough Wiis.

If so:

How the hell do you think you can compare them, when you clearly know little to nothing about one of them.
I actually know enough about Midna and her role in TP to form an opinion on her so just drop this.

Can you be more of a jerk than you already are?
Yes, very easily.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
If I didn;t respond to something, then I concede on that point, or in this first instance below, I couldn't think of a snappy response.

WW was Tingle's biggest game (he had his own side quest and he was even a playable side kick if you had a GBA cable...) but he was never as important to the story as Midna is to TP.
BUT HE'S SO COOL!

I don't blame Nintendo for not putting Tingle in TP. Tingle in a realistic graphical style would be enough to give anyone nightmares.
Majora's Mask?

Yeah, it sounds like Nintendo, rightly or wrongly, sees Tingle as a liability to appeasing their North American audience. That's why I doubt he will get in over Midna.
Well, we got Marth and Roy in Melee before we even knew who they were. So it's possible.

Twilight Princess had some hilarious moments. I can prove it in two words: Malo Mart.
...I'll give you that, but that's just one instance. Falbi was creepy, not funny, and Fyer always depressed me. Plum is just mean, and the Gorons would've been comedic...if it weren't for their giant, constantly erect nipples.

Fawriel said:
Tingle : Zelda series
Jar Jar Binks : Star Wars
You sly astard-bay you.

LostAddict/Numa Dude said:

It's been proven several times that it is the same one.
You're still on this? What proof? What evidence? Like LostAddict says, 99% of the soundtrack of TP is remixed (sometimes bad remixes) Ocarina music.

Top Bottom