• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Smash Tier List

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Actually, the thing is, most hitboxes, after hitting once, take a few frames to "refresh", so that when a char is hit by a hitbox, they'd get knocked back instead of being hit infinitely in hitlag.

Olimar's whistle's lag is shorter than a lot of those, including that of the spikes(the kind in stage builder). He can actually stand indefinitely on those spikes if he spams the whistle with the right timing.
I never knew that about Olimar. Does it really last long enough to completley defend against Super Sonic?

Duckys

Smash Apprentice
Zero Suit Samus should be right at the bottom all she does is turn back into Samus which inflicts no damage what so ever. :urg:

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Wait, we're tiering Final smashes now?! What's next, tiering items?! I don't know what to think about tier lists, but when they get this far, there is over tiering. That word doesn't even exist!

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
If we're organizing FS's into a list...I'd like to request Peach's to be higher. So many people disregard both Peach and her FS to be trash. When used correctly is can be good. It's certainly not one of the best or good compared to other FS's I know but it should at least be higher than that god awful mess Lucario has or the useless FS Jigglypuff has

When Peach's FS is used properly and up close, it deals 40% damage and drops (I think it's 13) peaches that heal 5% each. In order to use her Final Smash properly, you have to use it at the correct time and trick your opponent into when you're going to use it. It should never be used at any percent lower than 50% because the opponent can simply mash buttons to wake up. Being asleep leaves them vunerable to whatever Peach wants to do. If Peach has high damage, then it's a free load of healing as she eats the peaches. Perhaps she could eat a few peaches, finish off the opponent and then eat as many peaches remaining as she can whilst the opponent gets back onto the stage. The Final Smash itself can't kill you but it sets you up for a KO or even more damage...or for you to deal with Peach who is almost fully healed

Peach's FS zooms in on her when used. This means the opponent can't see what their doing which makes it harder for them to avoid it. If they're messing around near the edge they leave themselves open for getting edgeguarded by Peach and if the FS is used, they could easily mess up regrabbing the ledge/recovering back onto the stage

If we're assuming all Final Smashes are being used to their full potential, then Peach's deserves to be much higher than most people have put it. Until you have actually fallen victim to a cleverly and correctly used Peach Blossom, you can't truly appreciate it.

It's by far not the best. But it's still dam good. Definatly deserves to be higher

PrinceMarthX

Smash Journeyman
that list is good for the most part, but there are final smashes better than Yoshi's. Zelda, Luigi, Link, and Olimar come to mind. Yoshi's is incredibly slow and easy to dodge.
Final smashes that give you control are generally better than ones that don't. Link and Zelda's only have one shot, meaning if you avoid that one then you avoid the final smash entirely. With Yoshi, you have to avoid every fireball. If your damage is already 100%+ then a single fireball is capable of KOing you.

So basically it's harder to harder every fireball from Yoshi than to avoid one slash/shot from Zelda or Link. Olimar's is the same; Only the ship crashing has any knock back. if you avoid that one hit then it cannot KO you. With Luigi, only inside the negative zone are you in danger. With Yoshi, you're in danger everywhere because the Yoshi player can fly around.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Peach's will never go out of bottom. In fact all of the bottom tier smashes situationally reorganize themselves. Thus it is really hard to pin down which ones are truly the worst. The fact that you can edgehog and escape with either just some damage or no damage to me makes it hard for peaches to be decent. If you are far enough away then the person can button mash to wake up before you even finish. You are forced to use it at 50% because below that it is next to useless. So low percent kills is out of the question. Easy to dodge, no knockback, can be used against you, and so on make it awful it is only saving grace is the 20-40% damage, sleep effect, and recovery items.

I think the top is pretty much solid but there is a lot of work to be done when it comes the rest of the tier list. I did some research of my own so I will post my thoughts and what we should use to determine how good a final smash is.

How good a final smash is should be determined by several factors.
1. Combo ability, if you can combo into the final smash it really makes the FS that much better. You can start to guarantee yourself good results without having to hope your opponent doesn't dodge it.
2. Survivability, can the Final smash be survived and how numerous are the survival techniques if any are even needed.
3. Kills, what percents can a final smash kill and how many times can it kill reliably.
4. Range, trajectory, maneuverability, and speed.
5. Invincibility
6 Damage

For example Marth
1. Marth can combo into his Final smash with a couple of setups.
2. It can be survived by sidestepping at the right time, rolling, and super armor frames.
3. It is an OHKO.
4. Goes across FD, starts up Fast, sends your opponent at about 30 degrees.
5. Invincible
6. Does 60 percent damage.

There are four categories of Final Smashes, Movers, Area, Blast, and OHKO.

Movers are the ones that can move around and chase their opponents for KOs. Run away tactics and just getting lucky are the only real strategies for survival. Movers are some of the best final smashes in the game.
1. Falco. Falco has a number of options, great maneuverability, and stays out a decent amount of time. In the right hands 1 KO is almost assured, and 2 is not unreasonable. In FFA it is even more devastating. The most devastating Final Smash.
2. Sonic as far as kills go is about the same level has Falco. However Sonic has less options and is not as dangerous in FFA play. Sonic is nearly impossible to avoid and it really comes down to getting lucky. In the right hands 1 kills is almost assured and 2 is not unreasonable. In FFA though Sonic could come out with nothing because of so many players to deal with. If sonic goes for each of them he may end up with nothing. I have seen it happen. However if he sticks with 1 player before moving onto the next. He could clear the whole field depending on their percents.
3. Wolf his only real downfall is time. A good player could outlast him and leave him with nothing. Wolf still has the ability to get 1 to 2 KOs much like those above him.
4. Fox isn't as good with his landmaster as the others. You don't have to be as lucky to survive this one and there is a good chance that 2 KOs is out of Foxes reach.
5. Yoshi
6.Wario can take you over the stage or past the stage with his aerials that allow him extreme maneuverability. Buffs in speed and damage are also nice. For the most part a skilled wario can get a good KO but 2 might be stretching.
7. Game and Watch- The octopus lacks speed and maneuverability but makes up for it with its size and range. Game and watch is a force to be reckoned with especially on smaller and more flat stages. GW does decent damage and good knockback. A KO seems reasonable.
8. Diddy. I find that diddy lacks something but I am not sure what it is.
9. ROB. Unfortunately suffers from being luck based. The laser can be a devastating kill move and you can try to improve your chances of it landing by grabbing your opponent. However if it doesn't come out then your opponent is most likely still alive. ROB can still use the rest of his move arsenal though which makes up for the random kill beam. However the fact that a good keep away can leave ROB without a kill and not all that impressive damage makes this final smash below the others.
10. Pikachu. In my opinion Pika's final smash is underrated but it doesn't matter because it certainly doesn't rate any higher in the mover category. Pika's final smash is a bit difficult to control but not impossible. It deals nice damage but leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to knockback. A pika main is going to have to chase an opponent offstage in order to really get any reliable KOs.
11. Bowser. Bowser suffers from being slow and predictable. If you are good at sidestepping, rolling, and edgehogging, bowser may not even get a hit in. Those above him have a chance for a KO but are able to get in some damage if they don't get the KO. Bowser can get the KO is he lands an attack but if not then he gets nothing. His pros are that he is unflinchingly and can kill at ridiculous percents.

OHKO, Marth is the only true OHKOer but we used to think the others were also. So that is what I am calling this group. Pretty much they have got one shot so don't miss your chance for an early kill the opportunities come once or twice in match. Spot dodging, rolling, jumping, and sometimes super armor frames can render these final smashes useless. It is a hit and miss thing. However the fact that they have a chance for a KO makes them the second best group.

1. Marth, A lot of people don't consider him the best of this group and I am not sure why. The fact that he can combo into his and its OHKO makes his the best to me. Marth also goes across the entirity of FD in order to hit his opponent. The downside is that Marth can foolishly KO himself if done in the air, and Super armors wreck his final smash. However he does 60% damage and can even kill rock kirby.
2. Zelda range I believe just goes on even past the stage. It is not a guaranteed KO but the percents that it does KO are really low. Damage dealt isn't too bad and the timing for the spotdodge can be tricky. Also it seems Zelda has an extra hit if you are really close to her.
3. Sheik I believe kills around the same time. However she does less damage. I am not sure if hers is easier to dodge though. Also hers hits the opponents straight back instead of at an angle. I think this helps her get just as early kills as Zelda but when she doesn't kill the recoverer is in a better spot then they would have been if they were hit by Zelda.
4. Link does nice damage and his shoots across the stage. It is pretty survivable for the lower percents.
5. Ganondorf. If your opponent is grounded I believe he does an extra 10 percent. This allows earlier kills. If the grounding part is missed then it kills quite a bit later. Ganondorf flies across the stage. Also in my test the trajectory he sends the opponent is downward. When I hit someone when they were close to the stage they shot at an angle downward to their death. So Ganon's can be used like a meteor smash it seems. More testing will be need though.
6. Toon Link, his barely covers half of FD. Otherwise see link. I don't think his is as powerful either, but I will need to test that.
7. Captain Falcon does 10 percent for hitting them with the car before going into the cutscene. It kills pretty decently it just suffers from small range.
8. Ike suffers from small range also. His does huge damage though but in all the times I have had it used on me it seemed highly survivable up until around mid percents.
9. Metaknight suffers from range as well as the others few above him. His also shoots them in a weird trajectory, about 60-80 degrees. Doesn't seem to do that great of damage (25% if I remember right) nor does its kill potential. The range is a little deceptive because it extends just past the cape a bit. It is still short in comparison though.

Blast are pretty much the characters that shoot some crazy laser or fireballs from their hand. They generally do mediocre to poor damage. Their shining attribute is that they push the player off the stage and can potentially kill at early percents. They can't really be spotdodge either. Rolling behind the character or jumping over the attack can really ruin these Final smashes. Being behind them is a pretty safe place to be.

1. Samus the blast can do up to 40-50 percent damage. She pulls people in if they are hanging out behind her. Also it kills nicely at low to mid percents.
2. Mario the damage it does is most horrendous and it is quite escapable. However it does have its shining moments. If it traps the opponent then it kill relatively early and Mario slides backwards allowing him to get those behind him.
3. Pokemon trainer. The damage it deals is better than Mario's however it is just as escapable if not more and has less chances of killing. Also you have to be a specific distance away otherwise it does little good. Too close and they escape easily; too far and it does do much damage or kill. You want your opponent to be just far enough that they get hit by squirtles water.
4. Lucario deals some nice damage however the kill potential isn't all that impressive. The worst part is it doesn't stay out that long and it can be easily air dodged through or you can just run to the other side of the screen and jump away from the beam. Also the fact that lucario flies into the background allows your opponent to set up their defense while you can't do anything to really improve your chances of hitting them.

Area attacks are the ones that cover certain areas hence the name. Pretty much they are all over the place on a tier list but the average makes up the bottom portion of the list. Which is why they are the worst final smashes in the game. They suffer from being easy to dodge and lacking a reliable KO option. It is good to note though they some of them have some nice potential for damage.

1. Luigi's final smash covers a huge range. If used in the center of FD it covers all the edges of the stage. Being inside the negative zone cause adverse affects for your opponent and buffs for you. A uppercut could kill you at low percents and with being asleep or having reduced speed your chances of escape are slimmer. You can roll out of the zone but a little slip up could cost you.
2. Olimar . If you get grounded and hit by the airship then you are looking at death as low as 10%. However you would have to be an idiot to get hit by all of that. Jumping and staying away from olimar when he unleashed his final smash will keep you from being ground. Jumping even higher or spotdodging will help reduce the damage. However you will still probably end up with 30%. Then running away jumping and airdodging like a sissy will keep you from being blasted by the ship. Olimar's is practically guaranteed to damage you unless you are one of those flyers. The blast radius is pretty huge. It consumes almost all of FD. So range and almost guaranteed damage and early kills make olimar's final smash worth fearing.
3. Pit in FFA pit's final smash is a sigh of relief. In 1 on 1 it is something to be feared. Rolling, edgehogging, and spotdodging can save your life. However if you get hit by one several more will be in your face. They home in on you. If they catch you in a missed time airdodge then you could be looked at being knocked down and outwards which is a deadly combination. Chance for early kills and decent damage allow pits to be ranked decently even if it can be avoided.
4. Snake...Snake....SNNNNNAAAAKKKKEEEEEE. Snake's suffers from being predictable. Your opponent can see the cross hairs also the gernade isn't exactly flying faster than a speeding bullet. Snake's final smash comes down to prediction and unfortunately your opponent has more options to be unpredictable. It does decent damage, has a nice blast radius, and can kill so it is not so bad. Most often though it seems you will get a few hits but a ko may be pushing it.
5. Ness makes it rain, rain giant comets. If you are lucky then you don't even have to lift a finger. If you aren't lucky than you may need to dodge roll and spot dodge nothing too bad. Ness can't stop you from evading. However if you get hit by one then you will most likely be bounced around until you die. The final smash kills at mid percentages.
6. Lucas- see Ness but weaker. These two used to be thought of as the worst but it seems now we can see the value in them since there are much easier to dodge final smashes.
7. Dedede's to me seems next to worthless. You are likely to get some damage but it is hard to believe that he could actually kill you. I pushed forward and was able to survive no problem. If you get stuck in a bad rhythms though the little dees and doos could push you off to your death or you could get hit by a gordo.
8. Jigglypuff puffs herself up because you fell asleep during her singing. She can cover almost all of FD and I think her little push and the end extends a bit past her body. Edgehogging works miracles against her. However one slip up could cost you a stock. The fact that at low percents she can kill and there isn't as many strategies for survival, keep her from being the worst. It is still incredibly easy to survive though.
9. Donkey Kong you press A at the right time for knockback blast. However you can easily spotdodge and powershield the pulses. If DK grounds you with side b and then uses it he could get some damage and maybe one or two knockback pulses. It lacks damage and range, with the exception of the pulse, only the pulse has good knockback. DK can kill with his move but most likely he won't. However it can be used as an edgeguarding tool and isn't as bad as those below it.
10. Zero Suit Samus lacks range damage and knockback. Doesn't kill until 70-80 percent, only does like 25 damage and her range is about 1/4 of FD on either side of her. Up close seems to be worse than sucking them in at her max range though. Just get out and stay out her range and you will be fine. Also I think there are dodging strategies for her but you will have to help me on that.
11. Ice climbers can kill with their FS. I bet you didn't know that. However it is really situational. Your opponent has to hit the edge of the mountain just right and it will send them flying. I think it kills at like 60-70 if it occurs. The problem with this move is that jumping and edgehogging ruin this. Especially if the Ice climbers get stuck on the other side of the stage. On flat stages it can be difficult to get over. I think the FS may have some room to grow if the IC can learn to use it to combo or work it with their chaingrabs.
12. Peach just puts people asleep and does 0-40 damage depending on how close they are too her. If you jump and don't land until she is done her dance you can escape the sleep effect. Also if you hog the edge you can escape with no sleep or damage. In fact if you are fast you can regain some health.
13. Kirby's range isn't too bad and his damage isn't too bad either but the fact that you can sidestep spam and dodge it with ease makes it one of the worst, if not the worst. If other items are in play kirby practically spawns items for your opponent to use against him.

I am pretty sure I don't have all the facts yet and there might have been something I have missed, but that is how I see things at this moment.

God tier - The only way to survive is to pray to god hence the name.
Falco
Sonic
Wolf

Top tier
Fox
Yoshi
Wario
Game and watch

High
Diddy
Marth
Zelda
Sheik
Luigi
Olimar
Link

Middle tier
Pit
Snake
ROB
Gannondorf
Samus
Toon Link
Mario
Pikachu

Low
pokemon trainer
Captain Falcon
Ness
Lucas
Bowser
Metaknight
Dedede
jigglypuff

Bottom
Donkey Kong
Lucario
Zero Suit Samus
Ice climbers
Peach
Kirby

Browny

Smash Hater
again,

diddy FS can be completely avoided by spamming air dodges and eating all the peanuts to end up with less % than you started with. bottom tier

PrinceMarthX

Smash Journeyman
again,

diddy FS can be completely avoided by spamming air dodges and eating all the peanuts to end up with less % than you started with. bottom tier
Easier said than done. They can fire the peanuts faster than your invincibility frames will allow you to dodge them. Sounds like you just have never faced a Diddy that controls it well.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Here's how I think the list should be set up. I'll give my comments on why I think certain characters belong in that tier.

Olimar: Olimar should be placed in god-tier, because his Final Smash is inescapable. What happens is when Olimar's ship flies off, everyone who is present is getting injured, and upon impact from the ship, Olimar's opponents fly off the screen and to their demise. This Final Smash deserves god-tier, simply for the fact that it is inescapable. Also, if Olimar is right next to his opponent when he does this, his opponent receives 10% damage.

Wario: Wario also deserves the god-tier list, because he is invulnerable, his attacks are amped up.

Meta Knight: I'm sorry, but I don't think Meta Knight deserves to be in top-tier when it comes to his Final Smash. In order for his Final Smash to work, his cape has to make contact with his opponent. If it misses, it's entirely useless. I know that his Final Smash will hit everyone and not just the person who made contact with Meta Knight's cape, but that can be dodged. What is more, Meta Knight's Final Smash isn't strong. "Know my power"? Yeah, what power? If anything, Meta Knight should be placed under low-tier.

Ice Climbers: Ice Climbers also deserve to be in low-tier. If the stage is large, it's useless. If it's small, it won't KO anyone immediately, even if they are at high percent. Ice Climbers deserve to be in low-tier when it comes to Final Smashes.

Peach: Peach is fine where she is in low-tier, except I think she deserves to be below Donkey Kong's. Donkey Kong can at least hit a wider range if you tap A properly.

Oh, and thanks for putting Samus in high-tier. Believe it or not, it is quite powerful. It can do up to 70% damage, and the last hit, which does 16%, has very good knock-back.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
again,

Obviously you haven't played a good diddy with smash balls on. A cpu diddy or a bad Diddy is easy to dodge and you will likely end up with less health than when it started. However a good diddy will combine a barrage of peanuts and diddy himself to create powerful combinations. Diddy can shoot fast and chase pretty well. He kills nicely. Spotdodging and air dodging just don't cut it against a good diddy.

Why is Cook Kirby so low?
Because you can teach a five year old to spotdodge spam. Thus rendering it useless in fact it can become harmful for kirby if other items are on since the opponent can get to them first.

Here's how I think the list should be set up. I'll give my comments on why I think certain characters belong in that tier.

Olimar: Olimar should be placed in god-tier, because his Final Smash is inescapable. What happens is when Olimar's ship flies off, everyone who is present is getting injured, and upon impact from the ship, Olimar's opponents fly off the screen and to their demise. This Final Smash deserves god-tier, simply for the fact that it is inescapable. Also, if Olimar is right next to his opponent when he does this, his opponent receives 10% damage.

Wario: Wario also deserves the god-tier list, because he is invulnerable, his attacks are amped up.

Meta Knight: I'm sorry, but I don't think Meta Knight deserves to be in top-tier when it comes to his Final Smash. In order for his Final Smash to work, his cape has to make contact with his opponent. If it misses, it's entirely useless. I know that his Final Smash will hit everyone and not just the person who made contact with Meta Knight's cape, but that can be dodged. What is more, Meta Knight's Final Smash isn't strong. "Know my power"? Yeah, what power? If anything, Meta Knight should be placed under low-tier.

Ice Climbers: Ice Climbers also deserve to be in low-tier. If the stage is large, it's useless. If it's small, it won't KO anyone immediately, even if they are at high percent. Ice Climbers deserve to be in low-tier when it comes to Final Smashes.

Peach: Peach is fine where she is in low-tier, except I think she deserves to be below Donkey Kong's. Donkey Kong can at least hit a wider range if you tap A properly.

Oh, and thanks for putting Samus in high-tier. Believe it or not, it is quite powerful. It can do up to 70% damage, and the last hit, which does 16%, has very good knock-back.
Olimar's is easily avoidable. If you aren't on the ground at launch then you don't get grounded. If you aren't grounded you can spotdodge away over half the damage. Then when olimar comes back down you run jump and airdodge to avoid the explosion. It is good because damage is almost guaranteed and it has so many parts. Also it can kill at really low percents and the blast radius is nice. Top or high tier but definitely not god.

A good keep away can help you survive a good wario. Surviving warioman isn't too bad if you are smart and careful. Really warioman is going to want to wall of pain you off the sides for the kill. I found that trying to get the kill with smashes and tilts just doesn't do as well.

Metaknight doesn't deserve top tier. He only does 25% damage sends the opponent at a weird trajectory and his intial attack range is limited. He can still hit you a bit past the cape though.

Samus as far as found does around 50% with her shot. I never it saw it hit 60 or 70. The last push at the end gives it some nice KO potential. However jumping over her then getting behind her is too good. The draw in doesn't last too long.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Olimar's is easily avoidable. If you aren't on the ground at launch then you don't get grounded. If you aren't grounded you can spotdodge away over half the damage. Then when olimar comes back down you run jump and airdodge to avoid the explosion. It is good because damage is almost guaranteed and it has so many parts. Also it can kill at really low percents and the blast radius is nice. Top or high tier but definitely not god.
I did not know that.

Samus as far as found does around 50% with her shot. I never it saw it hit 60 or 70. The last push at the end gives it some nice KO potential. However jumping over her then getting behind her is too good. The draw in doesn't last too long.
I have created a Samus guide called The Chozo Warrior: A Samus Guide Second Edition. I have tested out every attack that Samus does and how much damage each attack does. Believe me, the Zero Laser can do 70% damage. I have tested it more than once. The damage is as follows:

3% x18 + 16% = 70%

There is also another fellow who calls himself Darkhart. He has the same exact amount of damage in his find, and I've recently discovered for myself that Samus' Zero Laser can do 70%. I won't say that it will always do that, because it varies. For example, if Samus' opponent is right behind her, it will draw her opponent toward her, and it causes more damage than if the opponent was standing in front of her. If Samus' opponent is further away from her, it won't cause as much damage.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
In order to use her Final Smash properly, you have to use it at the correct time and trick your opponent into when you're going to use it. It should never be used at any percent lower than 50% because the opponent can simply mash buttons to wake up. Being asleep leaves them vunerable to whatever Peach wants to do. If Peach has high damage, then it's a free load of healing as she eats the peaches. Perhaps she could eat a few peaches, finish off the opponent and then eat as many peaches remaining as she can whilst the opponent gets back onto the stage. The Final Smash itself can't kill you but it sets you up for a KO or even more damage...or for you to deal with Peach who is almost fully healed

Peach's FS zooms in on her when used. This means the opponent can't see what their doing which makes it harder for them to avoid it. If they're messing around near the edge they leave themselves open for getting edgeguarded by Peach and if the FS is used, they could easily mess up regrabbing the ledge/recovering back onto the stage

If we're assuming all Final Smashes are being used to their full potential, then Peach's deserves to be much higher than most people have put it. Until you have actually fallen victim to a cleverly and correctly used Peach Blossom, you can't truly appreciate it.

It's by far not the best. But it's still dam good. Definatly deserves to be higher
I disagree. The further away you are from Peach, the weaker her sleep-inducing song is. (I don't know why they didn't give this to Jigglypuff.) There are ways of avoiding falling asleep.

• Climb a ladder.
  • Hang on the edge.
  • Jump as Peach is using her Final Smash. Samus, Pit, Meta Knight, Peach, Mr. Game & Watch, King DeDeDe, R.O.B., and some others I have not named can avoid Peach's Final Smash by simply jumping.
  • Anyone who avoids Peach's Final Smash also gets the benefits of restoring health.

Zero Suit Samus should be right at the bottom all she does is turn back into Samus which inflicts no damage what so ever. :urg:
It can KO. That's why I like to transform into Zero Suit Samus. My opponents are worried about getting hit, so they run away and while they do that, I transform into Zero Suit Samus. Once I do that, I run after them and use my Final Smash. If they're at a good percent, they'll get thrown out and be KO'd.

XienZo

Smash Lord
I never knew that about Olimar. Does it really last long enough to completley defend against Super Sonic?
It doesn't last long, thats the thing, but instead, if properly timed he can have his brief-but-nearly-lagless super armor on every single time sonic's hitbox "refreshes", which I believe takes longer than the actual whistle. For example:

Sonic uses final smash

Olimar uses whistle while Sonic moves on top of him
Olimar gets hit by super sonic but has super armor and does not flinch; sonic's hitbox is deactivated for a few frames
Olimar's whistle ends

Olimar uses whistle as super sonic's hitbox refreshes
Olimar gets hit, but has super armor, hitbox deactivates
Olimar's whistle ends

and so on, till the thing ends. Of course, at the end, you'll get 150%+ damage, but at least you'll get to laugh at them.
It also works on spikes, like

Olimar uses whistle while landing on spikes
spikes hit olimar but super armor keeps him on the spikes, hitbox is disabled for a few frames
whistle ends
repeat

Of course, the timing of the whistle is rather difficult, you have to PAUSE for a few frames after the end of the whistle before reusing it, depending on the move.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Now how did Iceberg get higher then Rocket Barrel Barrage and Puff Up?

What stage did you base this off of?

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Let me correct this for you... I changed most of the rankings, and provided a reason for any major tier transfers...

Top *against a God Tier because Sonic's final smash is way too overrated*

Fox/Falco/Wolf - Landmaster
Marth - Critical Hit
Luigi - Negative Zone
Wario - Warioman
Zelda/Sheik - Light Arrow *ridiculously powerful*
Ganondorf - Beast Ganon
Sonic - Super Sonic
Snake - Grenade Launcher
Ike - Great Aether

High

Bowser - GigaBowser
Ice Climbers - Iceberg
Diddy Kong - Rocket Barrel Barrage *dude this thing is brutal!*
Pikachu - Volt Tackle
Link/Toon Link - Triforce Slash
Lucario - Aura Storm
Captain Falcon - Blue Falcon *high K.O potential, but very hard to land*
Pokemon Trainer - Triple Finish
Mr. Game & Watch - Octopus
King Dedede - Waddle Dee Army *not a bad final smash*

Middle

R.O.B - Diffusion Beam
Yoshi - Super Dragon *hard to use in most situations*
Ness/Lucas - PK Starstorm *not hard to dodge*
Olimar - End of Day *learn to escape it, and it becomes almost harmless*
Meta Knight - Galaxia Darkness *lackluster, not easy to land*
Samus - Zero Beam *easy to dodge*
Mario - Mario Finale
Pit - Paletuna's Army
Jigglypuff - Puff Up

Low

Kirby - Cook Kirby
Peach - Peach Blossom
DK - Konga Beat
Zero Suit Samus - Power Suit Samus
Flame me if you want... This is just my honest opinion...

ungulateman

Smash Journeyman
Peach's Final Smash actually deals damage. I dealt about 30% off it a while ago.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
...Puff up should be at the bottom, its rediculously easy to dodge, just ledge hog.
DK konga should move up. You don't know how to use it if you placed it at the bottom. YOu can easily get more than 100% with it if you do it right.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Fox's landmaster is not as good as Falco's/Wolfs imo

or is it identical? shows what i know haha

Barge

Wolfs is more powerful
Fox's is faster
Falcos can fly higher and faster.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
can fox's KO by flying off the top of the screen? that's one of the main strengths of the others, esp. falcos

Barge

Yes, but the opponent will have a better chance at getting off as it is indeed slower.

shadow3.0

Smash Cadet
Peach deserves at least high tier >_>

You get food, you can land some smashes etc...

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
I think you should separate the Landmasters
Wolf's landmaster doesn't outlast the maximum pedestal time, or at least, after KO'ing them once, it's impossible to get that same person again unless they drop off early.
I think Falco's is the best, because it's got the longest time. It may have lower fire-power but on stages like battlefield, final destination and other small stages, that's not how you get your KO's.
Imagine a Landmaster on Fountain of Dreams xD

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Mario's is terrible, lol. DI ***** it. I have no suggestion about the placement though.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
For some who don't know, jab to Great Aether and Forward Throw to Great Aether are indeed true combos.

Not like it matters, haha. :laugh:

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Sheik ... 1-hit kill.
Ahh, nostalgia. The good old days.

Does this thread go on the idea that the final smashes are used on Final Destination or what?
Because levels make a difference. Have official "rules" been made yet?

Katapultar

Smash Lord
In what kind of order do you actually rank these final smashes? In the killing effectiveness? or the rate of effectiveness of hitting an enemy? Captain falcons FS is good if it hits but it can be dodged easily. Same as Marth's. Some of them are hard to hit and are weak likt MKs Meta knight and Luccario. Just trying to ask as you could most certanily fix it.

Also, some of them require skill, like DKs

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
I looked around and couldn't find any threads directly comparing final smashes.

This is my suggestion for a tier.
I know it is very general but i am leaving it open for everyone to discuss and decide.
Each level is in no particular order.

GOD
Fox/Falco/Wolf - Landmaster Too high
Sonic - Super Sonic Too low
Any list without Sonic on top fails.

And Olimar's final smash can be dodged (spring, go very high)

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Peach Blossom is great accualy. You can't wake up until a set time, and you hael yourself, and they are open for a kill. ****

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
Peach Blossom is great accualy. You can't wake up until a set time, and you hael yourself, and they are open for a kill. ****
I agree with M-WUZ- H3R3

Dude.. Your hating on peach alot ... Peach Blossom is one of the BEST final smashes if your playing with a pro peach.. you must use it close to them on the ground .. you heal .. then throw turnips upwards and up smash if not a kill it racks up over 80 damage and you heal over 150.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
I looked around and couldn't find any threads directly comparing final smashes.

This is my suggestion for a tier.
I know it is very general but i am leaving it open for everyone to discuss and decide.
Each level is in no particular order.

GOD
Fox/Falco/Wolf - Landmaster Wtf is THIS doing on the top? Its not THAT good...
Sonic - Super Sonic THIS should be the numero uno...

Captain Olimar - End of Day Mid/low sure sounds better
Mr. Game & Watch - Octopus Small stages = yes, true. Large stages = PFFT LMAO
Wario - Warioman
Snake - Grenade Launcher
Captain Falcon - Blue Falcon
Luigi - Negative Zone Knock this to the Mid/Low, not too hard to get caught in it but if so, simple to escape.
Ness/Lucas - PK Starstorm HAHAHAHA!!! Its rare to die by this. Roll spam ftw.
Marth - Critical Hit I'd raise this to the bottom of the God tier to be honest, it IS one hit kill and can get 3 people. AND its fast.
Ganondorf - Beast Ganon
Ike - Great Aether Meh, unless at high percents, doesn't kill. I'd say mid.
Meta Knight - Galaxia Darkness Should be Mid, its kinda hard to hit with.

High

Yoshi - Super Dragon Bottom EASY. One of the easiest to get away from.
Ice Climbers - Iceberg
Link/Toon Link - Triforce Slash
Samus - Zero Beam
Bowser - GigaBowser
Lucario - Aura Storm Low sounds better, pretty easy to escape. Rare to be caught in the blast from the start or get stuck.
Zelda/Sheik - Light Arrow
Pikachu - Volt Tackle BOTTOM. GOOD GOD THIS THING SUCKS.
Pokemon Trainer - Triple Finish

MEDIUM

Diddy Kong - Rocket Barrel Barrage
Mario - Mario Finale
King Dedede - Waddle Dee Army
Pit - Paletuna's Army
Jigglypuff - Puff Up
R.O.B - Diffusion Beam

LOW

Zero Suit Samus - Power Suit Samus
Kirby - Cook Kirby
Peach - Peach Blossom