• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Smash: Mario vs. Link vs. Pikachu vs. Bowser (vs. Unconfirmed)

Dacvak

Smash Ace
allright, who else noticed that pikas final smash activated during gameplay...it didnt go into a cutscene!!!
Yeah, that was freaking awesome. I'm really starting to think the Final Smashes might be tournament legal. It certainly didn't seem like Pikachu was going into God Mode or anything.

Were there any other Final Smashes shown?

~Dac

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
ok, something i just noticed when watching that little video again...

if you look at this part in the vid, you can see that pikachu runs into DK, but never touches mario. yet, they both get sent flying. so, the conclusion i have drawn from this is that it can be one of two things...

1) (less likely) pikas final smash has a huge hitbox that goes way outside the ball of light

2) (more likely) characters touching each other conduct electricity to one another...as in, DK gets hit with a lightning attack, and since mario is touching him, he feels the effects of the attack as well.

now, this is really speculation, they could very well have made the final smash hitbox huge for just the trailer, or because it IS a final smash. but if my weird theory is right, that could actually lead to some interesting strategies in teams and FFAs...plus, id bet that all other elemental attacks would have some added effects as well (fire would cause continuous damagae, ice immobilizes you as it does in melee...).

anyway, what do you think?

RDK

Smash Hero
if you look at this part in the vid, you can see that pikachu runs into DK, but never touches mario. yet, they both get sent flying. so, the conclusion i have drawn from this is that it can be one of two things...

1) (less likely) pikas final smash has a huge hitbox that goes way outside the ball of light

2) (more likely) characters touching each other conduct electricity to one another...as in, DK gets hit with a lightning attack, and since mario is touching him, he feels the effects of the attack as well.

now, this is really speculation, they could very well have made the final smash hitbox huge for just the trailer, or because it IS a final smash. but if my weird theory is right, that could actually lead to some interesting strategies in teams and FFAs...plus, id bet that all other elemental attacks would have some added effects as well (fire would cause continuous damagae, ice immobilizes you as it does in melee...).
It could be a glitch, or a mistake; remember--this isn't the final product.

Or, like you said, it could just be for the trailer's sake to make it look c00l.

komickid

Smash Apprentice
I think it's just the stray electricity sparks... I guess you could call it a larger hit box.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
Looks like volt tackle has abit of aura and hit box covers that from what I see.

zero3

Smash Cadet
It's gotta be just a hitbox, I don't think they'd do anything that intense with the physics of the game.
It's not confirmed yet, but when Fox shines you in Brawl, anyone in the area who looks at the direction of the character who was shined is blinded.
p.s. norly

Probably a hitbox...

Midna

Smash Apprentice
I think Pikachu's is the best, since he outran Giga Bowser in the trailer.
that trailer detracted me from my original opinion of Bowser=Pikachu>Mario>Link
now it's Pikachu (slightly) > Bowser > Link & Mario
in the long run, they're like 1 nanometer apart as far as coolness.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Despite being on the first page, everyone decides to create a brand NEW thread instead of posting here...

I think Samus' takes the cake. And here's to all of those people complaining about FS and how they aren't important and how they'll be banned...I'm now thinking that they are kind of required.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
Yea, Samus's Zero Laser looks insane and deadly. I also don't like how some people complain about final smashes saying they will be banned for sure. I think they will be a very important part of brawl and character balance. I like playing without items in melee same as anyone else but this is one item that only time can tell if it should be used or not for tournaments... True, items spawn randomly around the stage which makes it abit of luck to who gets it but at the sametime it takes abit of skill to use it in the right place at the right time to get the max effect out of it. Also you can try to control the stage in areas where chances for items are greater to appear which takes skill. So I hope people really look at all aspects of the smash ball without jumping on the bandwagon of all items suck period, let's hate them before the game even comes out.

Toomai

Smash Ace
The big difference between Final Smashes and items is that everyone has a completely different Final Smash. On the other hand, everyone uses items the same way (with a few exceptions). Because Final Smashes are just another part of a character's moveset, they really shouldn't be considered an item.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Mario: Looks to cover a large amount of range, especially if positioned right. Best single FS so far that doesn't need additional controlling.

Link: As others have said, it looks like it may target only one character, unlike the others, but if it does, they are as good as dead. To early to judge though, as we don't know how it starts up, or how it ends.

Pikachu: Looks to be one of the better ones if you know what you're doing. Looks moderatly powerful though. from that 15 seconds of footage.

Bowser: If you're good with Bowser, this is probably the most deadly of Final Smashes, as it not only compliments Bowser's power, but also makes him invincible. So if you know the character, this is probably the best hands down.

Samus: The laser looks thin in comparison to Mario's FS, but it seems to have more power. If the Samus user isn't good with ZSS, then it's probably one of the good ones. If they are good with her, it could be better.

Kirby: Nothing really known. You can't really comment on it.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Good news: Whoever suggested the bongos was right.

Bad news: I have NO idea what it does.

...I guess it does some potential damage or so while playing and... then makes him stronger. Yeah.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
just imagine a large inescapable sing

probably tons of damage with no knockback

i like how pressing buttons with the beat makes it stronger

also dk is such a in the fray guy that this will suit his combos

yeah makes him invincible

last part just suggests you watch out for scrolling to death since it's probably long, wait a sec another suicide attack with dk

Dashiamo

Smash Cadet
Does this prove that everyone will be invincible during their FS? or does it prove that they won't because he specifically mentioned it in DK's but not in some of the others.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Invincibility may indeed only be specific characters, but who knows.

Anyways, I wonder what the range of DK's FS. There seems to be little knock back, but if the power and range make up for that then it should be okay. If not though, it's probably the worst FS shown so far.

Top Bottom