• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Smash: Mario vs. Link vs. Pikachu vs. Bowser (vs. Unconfirmed)

weasleman333

Smash Apprentice
already posted before (page 5, i think) The link BACON post on smashbros.com says that link traps ENEMIES in the triforce, meaning he can trap more than one.

KoF Link926

Smash Apprentice
now that Piakchu is in the mess, I think his will clearly be the ultimate master of pwnage.
unlike Link's, which only hits one and looks easy to dodge (come on and face the fact: Link IS slow) and Mario's which doesn't looks like KO material (it's called volt tackle. usually when you get tackled you don't stay in the same place), Pikachu's is actually a super-cool smash.

I have spoken.
U wont be able to dodge it, don't u see in the videos how fast he goes. U will probably be able to get more then one person, we don't know yet. For pikachu's Final Smash if your not careful u could fall of the stage.

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
Kirby: Get in this pot.

Mario: But I just took a shower.

Kirby: Noooo. This is supposed to kill you or cause damage or something.

Mario: Really? Let's test it.
[Mario gets into the pot]

Mario: AHhhhhhhhh.

Kirby: Hurts right?

Mario: Not really. I'm mildly discomforted.

Kirby: :( such is low tier

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Alright, alright, alright.

I feel obligated to clear something up. Now, come with me on a journey, my dear children. Onward, to the Smashbros site. http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/link.html

Now, here we have Link's final smash. A devious and powerful looking one at that! But what's this I see... this single line here: "Link dashes into the fray! Enemies are trapped by the Triforce."

Huh, odd. Enemies? Isn't enemies plural.

Okay, enough. Simply put, I think it is silly of everyone to assume that Link's Final Smash hits just one person. Pikachu's and Mario's, two confirmed ones, are capable of hitting multiple people and Link's Final Smash is described in a plural manner when it refers to hitting others, so I think that pretty much says Link's is capable of hitting multiple persons as well.

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
Ppl says links might(or does) hits multi targets, so i guess they must be right, not only for what smashbros.com says, but also cause in the trailers when mario uses his BACON the camera focuses on him, and really does firstly doing a huge zoom to him, then showing the full stage with the power there, when link's is show it keeps the zoom on link slashing away so i guess it would be unfair if there were just 2 ppl in the screen atm(link and the victim) during the BACON cause the other 1 or 2 ppl would see a thing of what they're doing atm, so i have to guess it does hits all targets, hopefully does, now back on topic i still think Link is the best so far, for looks mainly.

Jopaan

Smash Journeyman
Alright, alright, alright.

I feel obligated to clear something up. Now, come with me on a journey, my dear children. Onward, to the Smashbros site. http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/link.html

Now, here we have Link's final smash. A devious and powerful looking one at that! But what's this I see... this single line here: "Link dashes into the fray! Enemies are trapped by the Triforce."

Huh, odd. Enemies? Isn't enemies plural.

Okay, enough. Simply put, I think it is silly of everyone to assume that Link's Final Smash hits just one person. Pikachu's and Mario's, two confirmed ones, are capable of hitting multiple people and Link's Final Smash is described in a plural manner when it refers to hitting others, so I think that pretty much says Link's is capable of hitting multiple persons as well.
Yes, but how does it work? From what we have seen, you can target only one person. Also, Link focuses on a target, which raises questions.
The context in which the word "enemies" is used in could easily refer to a single target. He might just be referring to how you will use the Smash Ball in more than one match.
It's kind of hard for me to explain.

burrito

Smash Lord
I think that if two people are standing right next to eachother and get hit by Link's triforce, they will probably both get trapped. How often will that happen, though?

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Yeah, with Link's BACON, I'm guessing it'll end up being like this:

Link dashes to the closest person (you have a small variable of direction) and begins the attack. If there's anyone else that's close enough to get hit, they end up in the attack. Plus, all of the slashes will have inward send, as to hit the next slash, so if you get hit once, you're sucked in. Just like that pokémon, Koffing (or something?). Yeah.

~Dac

By the way, I originally had BACON mean Brilliant Awesome Combo of Nuclear-attack, but I like Brilliantly Awesome Combo Of Nuclearness better. =) And so, that's what BACON stands for! Woo!

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Pikachu is so far the best. It is confirmed that you have complete control of Pikachu during his BACON and most likely you can kill with it. Auto win for Pikachu.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Kirby: Get in this pot.

Mario: But I just took a shower.

Kirby: Noooo. This is supposed to kill you or cause damage or something.

Mario: Really? Let's test it.
[Mario gets into the pot]

Mario: AHhhhhhhhh.

Kirby: Hurts right?

Mario: Not really. I'm mildly discomforted.

Kirby: :( such is low tier
Hahaha, that made me laugh.

But do you really think that the pot thing was Kirby's BACON, and not just some sort of humor thrown into the video? I guess that wouldn't make sense, it's just... I can't see HOW you'd go from frantic fight to psuedo-cutscene BACON in the middle of the match.

I would be really upset if the BACONs ended up pausing gameplay, or something stupid like that.

~Dac

Dacvak

Smash Ace
You'd certainly hope so. I doubt it's going to matter that much, because BACONs will probably be banned from tournament play anyway. Most people don't play with items, and it'll probably be considered an item, I'd think.

At least, looking at Mario's BACON, I'd think think the Smash Ball would be banned.

Here's a thought, though... Do you think the Smash Ball will be mixed in with the regular items, or will it be in a seperate category? Like, could you turn items off, and still be able to perform your BACON?

~Dac

Fawriel

Smash Master
...please, do me a favor and stop capitalizing "Bacon". The first letter is enough, that way, it gets really annoying because it seems like you randomly keep screaming BACON in your BACON posts ( BACON! ).
Language is a sensitive area for me. Have mercy with the Faw. =<

And I think Kirby's Bacon might justify pausing for a cutscene after all the victims have been sucked in. It's not like it matters by then, it'd still be avoidable.

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
I think that burritos right about this one. and also, pikas bacon is what I'd imagine as a friggin huge pk thunder, and dies out in time. And when ya think about it, what if bosse like master hand could get the smash balls, what then? I doubt it, but what if they had that? And also, I cant wait to see bowsers bacon, dat'd be sweet... and by the way, links bacon r0xoRz!!!

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Dacvak, Can I have the code for your sig, I want it and I'm too lazy to do it myself.
Haha, I thought your's was pretty awesome. I enjoy the "Use it. Abuse it. Eat it." part. Maybe you can combine both of ours. Anyway, let me figure out how to post code and paste it for ya.

I can't figure it out. Here, I'll just throw it in a Pastebin.

http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org/26335/

There ya go. That's the code for my sig. Everyone can use it if you want. Spread the BACON love. =)

~Dac

Onifrio

Smash Journeyman
I think Kirby's BACON will be best. Hes the only one with a BACON thats cooking... Nobody likes raw BACON.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
^Lol...

I can't wait to see Doc's BACON. My guess is it's exactly like Mario's, only he showers the screen with Pills. XD

~Dac

Dacvak

Smash Ace
This is awesome! We've started a trend! I love turning ridiculous sounding phrases into serious terms.
Haha, it reminds me of Shffl, only funnier. =) I really think it's going to stick, too. Can you imagine years from now, at a tournament:

"F*CK THAT!! I thought we had BACONs turned off!! That's totally unfair!"
"Oh come on!!! Kirby's BACON isn't that powerful... It just boils you. Deal with it."

Good times ahead.

~Dac

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Haha, no problem. Anyone else who wants it, feel free to copy it.

When I get home from work, I'll make a picture sig for BACON. =P

Maybe one of those really small, skinny ones.. Those are pretty cool.

~Dac

Jopaan

Smash Journeyman
^Lol...

I can't wait to see Doc's BACON. My guess is it's exactly like Mario's, only he showers the screen with Pills. XD

~Dac
If Doctor Mario even gets in(he'll probably be just a costume if he does), he will probably have a different move than that. Perhaps some kind of shock paddles attack?

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Here's a thought... You know how they might make different costumes and everything? Well, if Doc was just a different costume, they'd have to adjust some of the visuals, like add pills instead of fireballs. And at that point, they'd have to change the animation for the pills, since they aren't floaty like the fireballs.

This brings me to this point: What if each character actually HAD a clone character to go along with them, and you could change into this clone by changing the outfits. So Doc users in Melee would still have the same Doc setup (only updated for Brawl), and Doc would actually BE a different character than Mario, but they would still only take up one spot on the character selection.

This would make a lot of people happy who love Falco, but don't like Fox; Who love Marth, but not Roy, and such. We'd be able to have our cake and eat it too.

I think this is definitely a possibility, because look at our controller situation... They totally get EVERYONE what they wanted on that. =D

Clones for Brawl.

~Dac

Biolink

Smash Cadet
I wonder how these final smashes will be set up for Team Battles.It would be awkward if nobody can move while somebody is performing the move.

In 1on1 this wouldn't be a problem.

Also I wonder how exactly do you activate a Final Smash.Must it be comboed into,or can you just activate it right of the bat?

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Very nice idea, but I doubt it'll happen.
The characters in Brawl will probably have subtle differences made to them to effectively
merge their stats with their clones...

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Very nice idea, but I doubt it'll happen.
The characters in Brawl will probably have subtle differences made to them to effectively
merge their stats with their clones...
Yeah, but you never know.

My guess is that Sakurai won't justify giving Doc and Roy their own character spaces. Solution? Make them different costumes with a SLIGHTLY different moveset.

The only question is would their BACONs be the same? You know, for that matter, what do you think Marth/Roy's BACON will be? I'm thinking something similar to Link's but then again, I don't know. It could just the FS, only with 10x send. =P That would definitely be the best BACON of the bunch.

~Dac

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Yeah, but you never know.

My guess is that Sakurai won't justify giving Doc and Roy their own character spaces. Solution? Make them different costumes with a SLIGHTLY different moveset.

The only question is would their BACONs be the same? You know, for that matter, what do you think Marth/Roy's BACON will be? I'm thinking something similar to Link's but then again, I don't know. It could just the FS, only with 10x send. =P That would definitely be the best BACON of the bunch.

~Dac
that wouldn't make any sense because giving them their own square slot doesn't make a difference. Whats the difference between selecting a different costume and selecting a differente slot? the programming and data necessary to have a slightly different mario (i.e. doc) will still be the same. What you just described was a clone, a different costume with a SLIGHTLY different moveset.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Yes, clone, that was essentially what I was getting at. In fact, in other threads, that's what I call it.

And the point? To save screen space. There's no point in wasting a space for a character that is ALMOST exactly the same as another. I explain this a lot further in another thread, but I'm too lazy to link it to you. =P

Either way, I don't think any Doc player wants Doc to be changed very much, and no Mario player wants Mario changed very much. The solution? Make them the same character with different "costumes" and put them on the screen as the same character. Then, when you change into Doc, you'll only be slightly different than Mario, in all the ways that Doc is different to Mario.

This way, you have no real "clone" characters, but you have the option to play a character in a different style. It's really win-win.

~Dac

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
^^^
There is no point in having a character that is almost exactly the same as another

i think the solution here is just to take doc out, or have him as just cosmetic effects only. i dont think its fair that one character has multiple play styles and stats when others dont. but this is completely off topic and for another thread :)

super.smash.camel

Smash Apprentice
Australia (What Does It Matter To You, Stalker &gt
Yes, clone, that was essentially what I was getting at. In fact, in other threads, that's what I call it.

And the point? To save screen space. There's no point in wasting a space for a character that is ALMOST exactly the same as another. I explain this a lot further in another thread, but I'm too lazy to link it to you. =P

Either way, I don't think any Doc player wants Doc to be changed very much, and no Mario player wants Mario changed very much. The solution? Make them the same character with different "costumes" and put them on the screen as the same character. Then, when you change into Doc, you'll only be slightly different than Mario, in all the ways that Doc is different to Mario.

This way, you have no real "clone" characters, but you have the option to play a character in a different style. It's really win-win.

~Dac
thats a darn good idea:p

killbeast301

Smash Lord
I wonder how these final smashes will be set up for Team Battles.It would be awkward if nobody can move while somebody is performing the move.

In 1on1 this wouldn't be a problem.

Also I wonder how exactly do you activate a Final Smash.Must it be comboed into,or can you just activate it right of the bat?
I do't think it pauses while you do the BACON. I think it will be a button press and it just goes

Also, You didn't use BACON once at all in your post! You used Final Smash!

What's the point of making a clone an alternate costume? The problem most people have is that it sucks up development time.

Another meaning for bacon is, Big Attack Crashes Over Noobs. Meh, I just think the word attack should be in there.

Toomai

Smash Ace
I do't think it pauses while you do the BACON. I think it will be a button press and it just goes
In all seriousness, that's the only way to achieve Final Smashes in a game like Smash Bros. Look what happened with Mario Power Tennis, the pausing and zooming-in killed the gameplay.

burrito

Smash Lord
BACON is a cool term. It seems to be a good metaphor for describing the Final Smash. Since, the final smash is sort of the "meat" of the character and it's tasty and greasy, but does it really take that much longer to type Final Smash than it does to type BACON?

killbeast301

Smash Lord
BACON is a cool term. It seems to be a good metaphor for describing the Final Smash. Since, the final smash is sort of the "meat" of the character and it's tasty and greasy, but does it really take that much longer to type Final Smash than it does to type BACON?
yes it does. count the letters it takes twice as long. But it doesn't matter bacon is such a cool name.

KoF Link926

Smash Apprentice
lol, they're called BACONs.

I thought that Brilliantly Awesome Combo Of Nuclear-ness had more of a ring to it, but whatever.

Also, I could already imagine the funny suicides for Pikachu:

Imagine Pikas heading towards you, and you jump off the platform to escape, but then when you see Pika leap off with the volt tackle enabled, you think all is lost. Suddenly, Pika's electric ball of death dissapears, and he falls helplessly to death whlie you rofl as you head back to the stage.

As far as BACONs go, what would Mewtwo's BACON be, provided that he is in?

*ponders*
Lol, this is how i imagin pikachu's Final Smash or the person using pikachu

Person using pikachu: "Ha ha, i keil u, i keil u, i keil u too. HA HA nobody will exscape...o crap...i died....just got to wait to respawn... *sigh*"

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Most people seem to like it. I think it's a pretty cool name, too. I guess it boils down to this: If people like it, they'll use it.

Maybe put BACON in your sig to spread the love if you want it as the final term for Final Smash. That certainly would be a testament to Smashboards, if we coined the term and it caught on throughout all Smash talk. Think about it, it would be like "I remember when BACON was invented. I was in that thread." =P

Good times, good times indeed.

Anyway, I can really see Pikachu's BACON having a severe flaw... It sort of already seems like it's hard to control, so would you really be able to hit all of your opponents with it? Plus, if suicide is a problem, I can't see it being a very good move. And you have to think, in explaining Pikachu's BACON on Smashbros.com, they showed him falling off of a cliff due to not using it properly... That has to say something about the attack.

~Dac

Top Bottom