• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Smash: Mario vs. Link vs. Pikachu vs. Bowser (vs. Unconfirmed)

UltimaSmash

Smash Cadet
That certainly would be a testament to Smashboards, if we coined the term and it caught on throughout all Smash talk. Think about it, it would be like "I remember when BACON was invented. I was in that thread." =P

Good times, good times indeed.

~Dac
That is as poetic as it is stupid.

KoF Link926

Smash Apprentice
U mean BACON...mmmm...bacon.....girgle girgle *drool drool* lol

*Quote burrito*

I think that if two people are standing right next to eachother and get hit by Link's triforce, they will probably both get trapped. How often will that happen though?

*end quote*

I don't think they will have to be right next to eachother, just fairly close.

Jopaan

Smash Journeyman
I would say BACON is poetic, just funny, lets try to make it an official word for brawl. lol. lets rename the smash ball to bacon ball, lol
BACON is just an abbreviation. Let's keep it as Smash Ball so we don't tick off even more people. People will get used to it soon enough.

B.A.C.O.N. for Brawl!

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Lmao... I love how this thread just turned into a complete discussion about the term BACON.

I like it, I'm going to keep using it. As long as people know what I'm talking about, it's all good. But seriously, it's a cool term. It's pretty funny, and it actually stands for something.

Smashboards is the main place on the web to talk about Smash. It wouldn't surprise me if some of the terms, like shffling, came from these forums. If we keep this up, it seriously might become the actual term, which would be pretty cool. It seems like most people like the term.

Either way, if we're going to talk about BACON, maybe I should change the topic title a bit. =P

Let's remember, this thread is also to discuss the possible BACONs for each character, and compare them to one another. We have three confirmed so far, but we still can infinitely speculate about others.

~Dac

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
Smashboards is the main place on the web to talk about Smash. It wouldn't surprise me if some of the terms, like shffling, came from these forums. If we keep this up, it seriously might become the actual term, which would be pretty cool. It seems like most people like the term.
You're right. SHUFFL was created here. There's a big difference though. SHUFFL actually STANDS FOR something. BACON is just a random acronym that you created to try to be funny.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Heh, it was originally a joke, but I guess it caught on. Hey, it's not any more stupid than other accepted names of things... Like "Wii" for example.

Maybe you'll warm up to it. Either way, it's whatever floats your boat, man.

~Dac

Dacvak

Smash Ace
You're right. SHUFFL was created here. There's a big difference though. SHUFFL actually STANDS FOR something. BACON is just a random acronym that you created to try to be funny.
Wow, dude. Don't get all offensive. If you don't like it, just don't use it. You don't need to rain on people who are having a good time calling things what they want. Relax, pal.

~Dac

KoF Link926

Smash Apprentice
Heh, it was originally a joke, but I guess it caught on. Hey, it's not any more stupid than other accepted names of things... Like "Wii" for example.

Maybe you'll warm up to it. Either way, it's whatever floats your boat, man.

~Dac
i think the name Wii is fine. lol.

jopaan, can i use your bacon sig for pramotion of BACON?

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Yeah, that was originally my sig, and you can use it if you'd like. Go for it, man.

~Dac

Dacvak

Smash Ace
I wasn't being offensive at all. If I was, I would have called you a ****ing ******.

What are you, 12 years old?
Heh, whatever, bro. You obviously have anger issues, or something. When I said offensive, you shouldn't have immediately thought in the "rude" or "explitive" sense. I'm saying that you were standing offensive stance, as in trying to get something changed (assumingly, the name BACON). There's more than one definition for that word, cheif. Try Dictionary.com, if you'd like.

This is the Internet. Relax, take your shoes off, stay a while. You might not agree with everything, but that doesn't mean you have to let everyone else know.

Seriously, chill.

~Dac

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
LOL This will likely divide Smash discussion into 2 factions.

Because we've gotten used to it.
yeah, the intelligent ones that play the game and figure cool techniques out, and then the noobs that like to talk about bacon...

on a side note, this thread is reminding me of those old commercials for the dog treats, where youd just hear a voice screaming 'ITS BACOOOOOOOOOONNNN' the whole time.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
The intelligent ones? Mister "perfect grammar" over there? Seriously, I don't know why everyone's making a big deal out of this. It started as a joke, and a lot of people are using it seriously because it's fun to use. =P

But really, whether or not you use it, can we please not argue about it? That's not the point of this thread, or the boards. Alright?

~Dac

Jopaan

Smash Journeyman
the noobs that like to talk about bacon
I knew the next post would be something like this.
Lighten up will you? If you don't want to use the term, then don't use the term.
How many people r using your BACON sig jopaan?
Nope, that's Dacvak's sig. Just count them. I'd estimate somewhere around... I don't know, 5?

Dacvak

Smash Ace
I don't think it's really necessary. I'd rather not start any arguments on the boards, or anything. It's pretty simple; it people like it, they'll use it. I hope it doesn't offend anyone if they do.

~Dac

petre

Smash Lord
im not really trying to start arguments, im just using internet forums for the same thing everyone else does: stating opinions.

but seriously, does anyone remember those commercials with the dogs that scream 'ITS BACONNNNNNNNNN'???

if the name bacon actually caught on for some reason, id be compelled to scream that every time i did a final smash.

Jopaan

Smash Journeyman
It shouldn't offend anyone anyways. This term was never really supposed to get out seriously (you can thank my OCD for that). It was just a joke. We support it, and if you don't, then that's fine. We're not belittling you for not liking BACON.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
If you check earlier in this thread, I posted a link to an Ubuntu Pastebin site with the code.

Anyway, I'm for seriously naming it BFS. It's simple, easy to type, and recognizable.

~Dac

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
Heh, whatever, bro. You obviously have anger issues, or something. When I said offensive, you shouldn't have immediately thought in the "rude" or "explitive" sense. I'm saying that you were standing offensive stance, as in trying to get something changed (assumingly, the name BACON). There's more than one definition for that word, cheif. Try Dictionary.com, if you'd like.

This is the Internet. Relax, take your shoes off, stay a while. You might not agree with everything, but that doesn't mean you have to let everyone else know.

Seriously, chill.
dictionary.com said:
of·fen·sive
–adjective
1. causing resentful displeasure; highly irritating, angering, or annoying
2. unpleasant or disagreeable to the sense: an offensive odor.
3. repugnant to the moral sense, good taste, or the like; insulting: an offensive remark; an offensive joke.
4. pertaining to offense or attack: the offensive movements of their troops.
5. characterized by attack; aggressive: offensive warfare.
Apparently you're thinking of another word? Perhaps combative? Contrarian? Offensive seems to have all negative conotations.

I'm not the one that's trying to get something changed, you are. You, and others, are the one that's trying to push a meaningless acronym for something that already has a name. I'm opposed to it. I think it's very stupid and annoying. I am allowed to express these opinions.

You're also allowed to do what you want. I cannot stop you from calling the move "bacon" or "porkfat" or "bumblebee" or whatever you want to call it. I can, however, call you stupid and immature for doing so. Anonymous opinions are what the internet is all about.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
So, anyway, thanks for your useless bit of information. It's pretty awesome that you actually visited Dictionary.com, and I am glad you learned something, but trust me... This conversation has nothing to do with this thread, or Smash in general. Please take it somewhere else, because it's worthless in here.

~Dac

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
Protip: If you want to stop an argument, don't belittle the person you're arguing with. It tends to have the opposite effect.

Jopaan

Smash Journeyman
Yes, good, whatever. The BACON wars (lol) will soon peter out.
Anyways, back on topic.

Smash Bros. Dojo has been quite generous with the FS's lately. do you think they'll come out with a new one tommorrow?

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Screw the updates. The only FiS I'm really interested in right now is Luigi's and Falco's, and both characters haven't even been confirmed. =/

~Dac

petre

Smash Lord
Screw the updates. The only FiS I'm really interested in right now is Luigi's and Falco's, and both characters haven't even been confirmed. =/

~Dac
haha FiS looks like an atomic compound...reminds me of chemistry...

ive found the greatest use for pikas final!!!!

...the ultimate edgeguard!!!! send your opponent off the edge, then activate your final and fly out to finish them!!!!!!!!

KoF Link926

Smash Apprentice
If ganandorf is a brawl character, his Final Smash could be turning into that huge pig demon form of ganandorf with the 2 huge swords. He would be kicken a** and taken names

the grim lizard

Smash Master
No one is even discussing what the thread topic says...

I totally think that Unconfirmed is gonna pwn Mario's, Link's, and Pika's final smashes.

KoF Link926

Smash Apprentice
I already posted what i think, Link's is the best. It will more then likely be able to get more then one person, and its a KO thing unlike marios.

Top Bottom