• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Smash 3, a Brawl/Melee tournament, Apr 19th, San Antonio TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dojo

Smash Champion
**** I was lookin forward to playing you and vash again. Well alright then, I'll make sure to own it up for yall. :)

Hope to see yall again soon.

Broly

Smash Lord
**** I was lookin forward to playing you and vash again. Well alright then, I'll make sure to own it up for yall. :)

Hope to see yall again soon.
You better. You are like one of us bro. if u dont get 1st i'll drive myself to San Angelo n Pwn u.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Dojo, $10 Brawl MM? 3/5.

I will also do 20 if you want.

Broly

Smash Lord
Hylian, if ya lose imma Rofl...literally. Not that Dojo is bad, but MM n losing is hilarious. J/K XD

Meta ***** Samus dojo, jus camp it n spam tornado. lolz

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Who says I am using Samus?

Hint: I'm not using samus.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lets just do a $10.

And samus is a horrible character. She is NOT my best bet. At all.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Hello 2 u

Count me in.

You know guys, honestly, Gamelot is a nice place and it is worth the extra couple of bucks. Speaking as a business owner, if someone told me, "I want to run this 1 or 2 day event, use most of your space, all of your TVs, a lot of your personal time, and frustrate the shiet out of you... and I want to do it for free," I'd say, "suck my johnson." 33% seems like a bit much, but it's not a total tragedy or anything.

I didn't take much out at all for the last tournament at the D-Pad (I think around 10% or less for the D-Pad, 0% for me) and Ryan nearly dropped a load in his pants. I had to rip off his beard and shove it in his cinnamon hole to get him to shut up about it. To me, the events are all about the competition, but you have to understand the point of view of the stores. I guess that's the way things go.

I'll be hosting another big tournament soon, hopefully at the D-Pad again. If not, I'll rent out a kick ace spot.

Gamelot

Smash Rookie
33% seems like a bit much, but it's not a total tragedy or anything.
Friendly reminder: GAMELOT is not taking any percentage of the prizes!! We are collecting a $5.00 event fee at the door. This applies to everyone for the day attending the Smash Bros. tournament. We have also set up an area for friendly games.

As Kyle stated: Anyone that can bring their TV, Wii and the game will be greatly appreciated.

Hope to see everyone next Saturday!!! :):):)

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
If we bring a set-up (TV, Wii, Smash), do we get a discounted entry? Or Free entry?
Since I can't lower the venue fee more than 5, I can't take out of the pot, and I don't want to charge more than 5 for a venue fee, unfortunately no. But do remember: you can have more time for friendlies on the extra set ups.

Is Lee Harris someone's new account? And how did he get into the backroom?
Hrm? I thought you just asked a mod. Of course, I'm sure being a part of WiFi Wars also helps, DoH.

Speaking of stuff like that, I wish they would acknowledge my request for Smash Director already. Maybe I need 1,000 posts on this account or something dumb.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I got in because of the quality of my posts. And Ryoko and I are bff.

It just seemed that Lee had all of this melee experience and I had never heard of him...and I know most of the smashers in Texas except for the places that we don't come into contact with, like the Valley and El Paso.

K1T3

Smash Lord
Kyle make some flyers and pass them out to everyone at UTSA next week. We have a whole lot of players there.

I wish there was some decent people that actually played this game is SA... I get no practice at all =(
.... well against anyone good that is...

P.S. DK is an amazing beast

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Kyle make some flyers and pass them out to everyone at UTSA next week. We have a whole lot of players there.

I wish there was some decent people that actually played this game is SA... I get no practice at all =(
.... well against anyone good that is...

P.S. DK is an amazing beast
Make me a GOOD flyer, I'll pay for your venue fee.

NOTE: anyone can take me up on this offer.

Kite do you know if Mr C wants to come to this?

K1T3

Smash Lord
Color or black and white?
Just words or with a picture too?
Hmm well I know he thinks brawls a bad game... but he was willing to go to brawl tournies before so I don't see why not if he has a ride, but not sure.

Hmm I'm thinking a lot of stages that are banned don't completely warrant it... Also I don't particularly see a problem with just picking a character D3 can't chaing throw in relation to stages with walls and walk off ledges...

Setsuna

Smash Apprentice
Sup I am down for making the tourney this sat. If anyone in the San Antonio want to meet up and play some games my apartment is free this weekend and all next week so just hit me up if you guys are down.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Color or black and white?
Just words or with a picture too?
Hmm well I know he thinks brawls a bad game... but he was willing to go to brawl tournies before so I don't see why not if he has a ride, but not sure.

Hmm I'm thinking a lot of stages that are banned don't completely warrant it... Also I don't particularly see a problem with just picking a character D3 can't chaing throw in relation to stages with walls and walk off ledges...
Color would be nice, I could always print it out b/w anyways.

LoL Sos says Mr C owes him an apology. Sos was right and Mr C tried to say Brawl didn't suck, but Sos proved him wrong.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531

Click for the full res version. It is 300ppi so it is perfect for printing.
Oh snap this is awesome. It's missing only one thing..... you need to add Events start at 3 pm, so people will know what time to show up.

Add that and it would be perfect. If that's too much trouble I'll still use it.

K1T3

Smash Lord
Hmm you should put when registration begins instead of what time it starts, otherwise you'll end up starting late.

Also take out "for all events" after the $5 venue fee, it's seems pretty easy to interpret that as being you have to pay a $5 venue fee for each event you enter.

Also, it shoudl probably be listed as a Brawl / Melee tournament. Maybe not even mention melee as the chance of doing a melee tourney is really low considering it's not starting till 3, and Kyle always starts at least an hr late so that means 4 and running two brawl events (which are super slow to run and we don't even know if we'll have a decent number of setups) so it seems unlikely melee will have time since it's just a one day event.

Kal

Smash Champion
As a final clarification, Kyle, I'd like to know, if I bring a TV and Gamecube, can we have it set up for Melee friendlies (and tournament if there is one) only? I'd love to go to this, but that's only if there's a guarantee that I can play Melee; at least friendlies, if not a tournament.

Mr.C

Smash Master
I'll probably go if I get a ride. Also, I never said Brawl was a bad game, because its not. It's pretty fun although I think it isn't a very good tournament viable game because how dumb it actually is, aka pick MK and like 2 other characters which take absolutely no skill and do better then every other character etc. Not to mention the ******** people aren't getting punished like they should be, because being punished in Brawl is getting one hit off lol. Brawl isn't bad but when compared to Melee it is pretty much garbage, just like every other fighting game in the world. lol

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Although I usually stay out of the Melee vs Brawl discussion (because I'm sick of hearing about it), let me say this:

Azen has won all 3 major tournaments he has been to so far. The other players at these tournaments include chillin, g-reg, forte, KM, alphazealot, chu, aho, tope, and more.

He won his first with Ike, second with Lucario, and third with Pit. A big tourney in Houston was won by a Snake/Wario player. Second place was a Sonic player. There was a 130 man tourney in Reno a week or two ago, and the placings went like this: 1st-Snake, 2nd-Wolf, 3rd-Dedede, 4th-Wolf.

A lot of this talk reminds me of the johns I hear from people who say, "The only reason he won that Melee tournament is because he played with that douchebag fox and he was wavedashing. I can wavedash, I just choose not to."

KM: I'll pm you the change version of the flyer.

K1T3

Smash Lord
You should post the changed version instead of just PMing it.

Also Azen lost to Vidjo and Forte with his Ike and Rob in tournament and lost that tourney with MK taking 1st and 2nd. That tourney was the same size of the others, so no he hasn't won them all. Though I don't know what you intended by posting tourney stats in the first place or why yall are bringing up characters either.... all competative fighting games have tiers anyways and it stands to reason that this one would too, I don't see how that makes it bad.

Robby sorry I said that without checking to make sure it was true. Roberto said you had said that the last time I had a smashfest though so I thought that to be how you felt.

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
Why start so late??? :confused:
It's not so bad, I suppose.

Having it start at 2 pm would be the best (yes that extra hour makes somewhat of a differences).

But regardless, is 3 pm an issue for most people? Sorry, I'm not too sure how works with smash scene and I'm still a noob =(

B00

Smash Rookie
Although I usually stay out of the Melee vs Brawl discussion (because I'm sick of hearing about it), let me say this:

Azen has won all 3 major tournaments he has been to so far. The other players at these tournaments include chillin, g-reg, forte, KM, alphazealot, chu, aho, tope, and more.

He won his first with Ike, second with Lucario, and third with Pit. A big tourney in Houston was won by a Snake/Wario player. Second place was a Sonic player. There was a 130 man tourney in Reno a week or two ago, and the placings went like this: 1st-Snake, 2nd-Wolf, 3rd-Dedede, 4th-Wolf.

A lot of this talk reminds me of the johns I hear from people who say, "The only reason he won that Melee tournament is because he played with that douchebag fox and he was wavedashing. I can wavedash, I just choose not to."

KM: I'll pm you the change version of the flyer.

LolLee. Are you gonna be there? I've yet to see your snake.

I mean Snake the character, not your dong.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord

There you go mang.

So who's down for some MM? Hylian, we need to record some matches and throw them up on the Youtube channel.

You can mark one more down for the list because Tony is coming to play doubles with me.

Dustin, is that you? Yeah, I'll be there. Naked, too

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
The 3pm start really really cuts down the chance of melee happening. Which doesn't really matter to me cause i suck at melee now, but I know some of the people who are gonna be coming from houston are going with the sole purpose of playing melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom