• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy VII: Mafia [GAME OVER]

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Tom said:

“For the both of us...”

“Both of us?”

“That’s right... you’re gonna... you’re gonna... live. You’ll be my living legacy. My honor, my dreams... they’re yours now...”

“I’ll be your living legacy... I wont forget. Thank you. Good night, Zack.”

Welcome to Final Fantasy VII Mafia, Riddle. You are Cloud Strife, Ex-SOLDIER with a hazy past. You have been comatose due to mako poisoning, all the while protected by your friend Zack. Now, however, Zack has died, and has charged you with his legacy, should you choose to accept that as your fate. You are an independent amnesiac.

Active Abilities:
Living Legacy: Once during the game, at Night, you may choose one player who is in the deceased players (Returned to the Lifestream) list. You will then take on their alignment, their abilities, and their win condition. This list purposefully includes Zack Fair, the NPC town aligned vigilante, and while you are allowed to fulfill his dying wish and choose him, you may also choose your own fate and pick any other dead player.

Passive Abilities:
You have no passive abilities.

Win Condition:
Until you take on a dead player’s role, you have no win condition. If you die or the game ends before you take on a dead player’s role, you lose. When you take on someone’s role, you will inherit their win condition.
Tom said:

“This guy are sick.”

Welcome to Final Fantasy VII Mafia, Omni. You are Aerith Gainsborough, young flower peddler in the slums, secretly the last of the Cetra. You are a town doctor.

Active Abilities:
Great Gospel: Each night, you may choose one player to protect. If they are attacked, that player will be protected from death that night.

Gift from the Lifestream: If you die, each night you may give one player a flower. The flower will be publically found on that player’s person during the Day flavor. The flower has absolutely no worth in the game except for flavor communication from the grave.

Passive Abilities:
Holy: While you are alive, no threats to the town can reach their win condition.

Win Condition:
You are town aligned and win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
Tom said:

“Hmph. Guess I have no choice. It’s time... to save the world.”

Welcome to Final Fantasy VII Mafia, McFox. You are Vincent Valentine, ex-Turk with a secretive and sin-ridden origin. Inside you lives the tainted protomateria Chaos, which urges to break forth from you and gather together all life for Omega, to end the world. You are a town cop.

Active Abilities:
Turk Recognition: Each night, you may choose one player to investigate. You will then be told if they are Shin-Ra aligned.

Passive Abilities:
Chaos: If you are lynched, Chaos will break forth from you and go into a controlled rage. You will then be allowed to shoot one player to take down with you.

Win Condition:
Tom said:

“Sephiroth!? Did Sephiroth do this to you?! Sephiroth... SOLDIER... Mako Reactors... Shin-Ra... I hate them all!!”

Welcome to Final Fantasy VII Mafia, KevinM. You are Tifa Lockhart, sexy bartender at 7th Heaven, powerful martial artist, and member of the freedom fighters AVALANCHE. You are a town masoned roleblocker.

Active Abilities:
Bartend: Each night, you may choose one player to give a drink. They will spend their night getting drunk and will fail to make any night actions.

Passive Abilities:
AVALANCHE: You are in a closed masonry with Omis, Barret Wallace the town masoned voteblocker. You may communicate with each other at any time. You should use instant messaging to communicate and you are required to send me all transcripts.

Win Condition:
Tom said:

“Don't forget that your skinny ass's workin' for AVALANCHE now!”

Welcome to Final Fantasy VII Mafia, Omis. You are Barret Wallace, bigass intimidating black guy with a giant gun for an arm, adoptive father of Marlene Wallace, and leader of the freedom fighters AVALANCHE. You are a town masoned voteblocker.

Active Abilities:
Intimidate: Each night, you may choose one player to visit. You will scare the shit out of them, leaving them shaken and unable to vote the next day.

Passive Abilities:
AVALANCHE: You are in a closed masonry with KevinM, Tifa Lockhart the town masoned roleblocker. You may communicate with each other at any time. You should use instant messaging to communicate and you are required to send me all transcripts.

Win Condition:
Tom said:

“Embrace your dreams. If you want to be a hero you need to have dreams... and honor.”

Welcome to Final Fantasy VII Mafia, Blazer. You are Angeal Hewley, 1st Class SOLDIER, mentor to Zack Fair, and creation of Project G. You are a vanilla townie.

Active Abilities:
You have no active abilities.

Passive Abilities:

Win Condition:
Tom said:

“I'm sorry... I'm sorry I wasn't a better sister. I'm sorry I let you suffer... for so long. Vincent... take care of her, will you? Shelke... I'm glad I was able to find you. And remember... I'll always... love you.”

Welcome to Final Fantasy VII Mafia, Handorin. You are Dr. Shalua Rui, scientist, medical doctor, and prominent member of the WRO. You are a vanilla townie.

Active Abilities:

Passive Abilities:

Win Condition:
Tom said:

“I offered the woman with my child to Professor Gast's Jenova project. When Sephiroth was still in her womb, we infused him with Jenova's cells...”

Welcome to Final Fantasy VII Mafia, Chill. You are Professor Hojo, vicious scientist with no morals who tools with humanity. You are a vanilla townie.

Active Abilities:

Passive Abilities:

Win Condition:
Tom said:

“Yeah, but... That hasn't stopped Denzel, has it? Don't run! Let's fight it together! We can help each other, I know we can?”

Welcome to Final Fantasy VII Mafia, Rockin. You are Denzel, a boy with nothing who found a home with Cloud Strife, Tifa Lockhart, and Marlene Wallace. The four of you are now a family. You are a vanilla townie.

Active Abilities:

Passive Abilities:

Win Condition:
Tom said:

“You should have ruled this planet. You were stronger, smarter. But then they came, those inferior dullards...They came and took this planet away from you. But don't be sad, Mother. I am with you now. We meet at last... Mother.”

Welcome to Final Fantasy VII Mafia, Junglefever. You are Sephiroth, the “One Winged Angel,” former 1st Class Soldier and the strongest hero in the world, who misinterpreted his past and now believes to be the last of the Ancients. Whatever your past, your goal is now to reunite with all remnants of JENOVA and summon Meteor to strike the Planet, allowing yourself to merge with the Lifestream and become a god. You are an independent serial killer/marker.

Active Abilities:
Masamune: Once during the game, you may kill another player with your seven-foot long katana, the Masamune. You may do this during any phase of the game (Day, Twilight, or Night) as long as you are still alive, by PMing me the command kill: playername.

JENOVA Reunion Mark: Each night, you may choose one player to mark with the JENOVA Reunion tattoo. They will not be notified.

Passive Abilities:
Safe Claim: Cid Highwind is not in this game, and you are the only player with this knowledge.

Win Condition:
You are independently aligned and win when you are the last man standing or nothing can prevent this. Players who you have marked with the JENOVA reunion mark will not count against your win condition majority.
Tom said:

“I was short a few souls, and came to collect.”

Welcome to Final Fantasy VII Mafia, Ronike. You are Nero the Sable, mysterious second in command of Deepground. Due to regular exposure to tainted Lifestream, you have developed the power of teleportation, setting you apart from you Weiss. You are an unlynchable independent sibling.

Active Abilities:

Passive Abilities:
Darkness: If you are voted to be lynched, you will teleport away from the mob and the Day will end without a lynch.

Deepground: You are in a sibling masonry with Marshy, Weiss the Immaculate the unkillable independent sibling. You may communicate with each other at any time. You should use instant messaging to communicate and you are required to send me all transcripts. Beware that if one of you dies, the other will immediately commit suicide in grievance of his brother’s death.

Safe Claim: Yuffie Kisaragi is not in this game, and you are the only player with this knowledge.

Win Condition:
You are independent-sibling aligned with Marshy, Weiss the Immaculate, and you win when the two of you are the last men standing or nothing can prevent this. Note that you cannot joint win with any other factions and must be the last men standing (akin to a Serial Killer as opposed to a Survivor).
Tom said:

“The pure will be spared for the cause, while the tainted will be hunted down and exterminated. They shall be slashed, strangled, and slaughtered. Beaten, stabbed, and crushed. Garroted and impaled. Shot and executed without mercy. The time has come to cleanse this world.”

Welcome to Final Fantasy VII Mafia, Marshy. You are Weiss the Immaculate, leader of Deepground. Due to regular exposure to tainted Lifestream, you have complete immunity to weapons, be they swords or bullets. You are an unkillable independent sibling.

Active Abilities:

Passive Abilities:
Bulletproof: If you will live through any kills during the Night phase. Note that you can still be lynched.

Deepground: You are in a sibling masonry with Ronike, Nero the Sable the unlynchable independent sibling. You may communicate with each other at any time. You should use instant messaging to communicate and you are required to send me all transcripts. Beware that if one of you dies, the other will immediately commit suicide in grievance of his brother’s death.

Safe Claim: Cait Sith is not in this game, and you are the only player with this knowledge.

Win Condition:
You are independent-sibling aligned with Ronike, Nero the Sable, and you win when the two of you are the last men standing or nothing can prevent this. Note that you cannot joint win with any other factions and must be the last men standing (akin to a Serial Killer as opposed to a Survivor).
Tom said:

“My old man tried to control the world with money. It seems to have been working. The population thought that Shinra would protect them. Work at Shinra, get your pay. If a terrorist attacks, the Shinra army will help you. It looks perfect on the outside. But, I do things differently. I'll control the world with fear. It takes too much to do it like my old man. A little fear will control the minds of the common people. There's no reason to waste money on them.”

Welcome to Final Fantasy VII Mafia, Chaco. You are Rufus Shinra, former Vice-President, newly appointed President of the Shin-Ra Electric Power Company after your father’s untimely demise. Your company has tyrannically monopolized Mako energy, drilling into the earth to provide to the whole world, making electricity efficient and easily available (and completely and utterly devastating to the planet). Your company also pioneers the fields of genetic engineering and space exploration, and you also have your own personal army. And you have SOLDIER, the elite of the elite of your army. And you have completely redesigned the city of Midgar, dividing it into slums for the peasants and providing a floating disk of wonder for the elite. But most importantly, you command the Investigative Division of General Affairs Department... also known as the Turks. You are the mafia boss.

Active Abilities:

Passive Abilities:
Mafia Communication: As the leader of Shin-Ra, you are in the mafia with Macman, Rude the mafia interceptor and Mentosman, Reno the mafia hexer. The three of you may communicate with each other at any time. You should use instant messaging to communicate and you are required to send me all transcripts.

Mafia Night-kill: Each night, the mafia as a collective has one night-kill to perform. Chaco, Rufus Shinra the mafia boss is charged with the responsibility of deciding who will carry out the actual kill, by sending me a PM with the killer’s name and the target’s name, and whether or not the killer will be using his ability or using the night-kill. If he dies, the responsibility falls to Reno, then Rude.

Safe Claim: Red XIII is not in this game, and you are the only player with this knowledge.

Win Condition:
You are mafia aligned and win when the mafia has an undeniable majority over everyone else or nothing can prevent this.
Tom said:

“Because it’s our job.”

Welcome to Final Fantasy VII Mafia, Macman. You are Rude, tall, bald member of the Turks and long-time partner of Reno. You are quiet and taciturn, allowing your cocky and lazy partner to do all the talking, though you are an almost unparalleled expert in hand-to-hand cobat. You always wear sunglasses and you carry several spares in case of emergency. Like your partner Reno you are not inherently evil, but you respect your job while you are on duty. You are the mafia interceptor.

Active Abilities:
Intercept: Each night, if you are chosen to make the night-kill, you may give up the night-kill and instead target one player. If someone visits that player during the night, you will kill the visiting player. However, if more than one person visits that player, you will kill one at random and the others will all witness the killing. If nobody visits that player, you will not kill anyone and you will miss the night-kill.

Passive Abilities:
Mafia Communication: As a Turk, you are in the mafia with Chaco, Rufus Shinra the mafia boss and Mentosman, Reno the mafia hexer. The three of you may communicate with each other at any time. You should use instant messaging to communicate and you are required to send me all transcripts.

Mafia Night-kill: Each night, the mafia as a collective has one night-kill to perform. Chaco, Rufus Shinra the mafia boss is charged with the responsibility of deciding who will carry out the actual kill, by sending me a PM with the killer’s name and the target’s name, and whether or not the killer will be using his ability or using the night-kill. If he dies, the responsibility falls to Reno, then Rude.

Safe Claim: Don Corneo is not in this game, and you are the only player with this knowledge.

Win Condition:
You are mafia aligned and win when the mafia has an undeniable majority over everyone else or nothing can prevent this.
Tom said:

“Don’t step on the flowers.”

Welcome to Final Fantasy VII Mafia, Mentosman. You are Reno, lanky and lazy member of the Turks and a long-time partner of Rude. You are cocky and cynical, and while you talk big (and do all the talking for both yourself and Rude) you can back it up with extreme fighting skills with your electric nightstick. You wear goggles on your head and keep your shirt untucked. Like your partner Rude you are not inherently evil, but you respect your job while you are on duty. You are the mafia hexer.

Active Abilities:
Hex: Each night, if you are chosen to make the night-kill, you may give up the night-kill and instead target one player. If your targeted player is visited by someone who is town aligned, your targeted player will die. If nobody visits that player, you will not kill anyone and you will miss the night-kill.

Passive Abilities:
Mafia Communication: As a Turk, you are in the mafia with Chaco, Rufus Shinra the mafia boss and Macman, Rude the mafia interceptor. The three of you may communicate with each other at any time. You should use instant messaging to communicate and you are required to send me all transcripts.

Safe Claim: Marlene Wallace is not in the game, and you are the only player with this knowledge

Win Condition:
Night 1:
Riddle (Cloud): does not amn
McFox (Vincent): investigate Handorin (Innocent)
Omni (Aerith): protect KevinM (no effect)
KevinM (Tifa): roleblock Marshy (no effect)
Omis (Barret): voteblock Omni
Junglefever (Sephiroth): mark Mentosman
Chaco (Shin-Ra): Mentos kill McFox

Night 2:
Riddle (Cloud): amns Zack Fair (becomes vigilante) (SUCCESSFUL)
Omni (Aerith): protect Omni (SUCCESSFUL)
Omis (Barret): voteblock Marshy (SUCCESSFUL)
Junglefever (Sephiroth): mark Chaco (SUCCESSFUL)
Chaco (Shin-Ra): Rockin (SUCCESSFUL)

Night 3:
Riddle (Cloud): kills Chill (SUCCESSFUL)
Xsyven (Aerith): protect Xsyven (SUCCESSFUL)
Omis (Barret): voteblock no-one (SUCCESSFUL)
Junglefever (Sephiroth): mark Frozenflame (SUCCESSFUL)
Chaco (Shin-Ra): Frozen kill Junglefever (SUCCESSFUL)

Night 4:
Riddle (Cloud): kills Frozenflame (FAIL DUE TO DEATHY INTERCEPTION)
Xsyven (Aerith): protect Xsyven (SUCCESSFUL)
Omis (Barret): voteblock no-one (SUCCESSFUL)
Chaco (Shin-Ra): Frozen intercepts @ self (SUCCESSFUL)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I marked all three mafia.

god ****it

And omis, you really shouldn't be complaining about people not wanting to playw hen you were pretty much absent the first two Days.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
My notes and comments:

Well, I'm typing these up without earlier preparation, so forgive me if I miss anything. I've just posted the end-game scenes, the Role PMs, and the night action resolutions, so everyone should be able to answer the majority of their own questions. If you have any more, please let me know.

I had a great time modding this game. Thank you to everyone for signing up and playing. Special thanks to Frozenflame, Gheb, and Xsyven for replacing into the game after it had started. The best thing you can do for this community is replace when needed, and I really do thank you.

Congratulations go to the winning faction, which includes Chaco (my beloved Chaco, how I adore thee), Frozenflame (the mighty strategist), and Mentosman (I didn't know it was possible to look Townie in post-game twilight). I have to say that during game development, I sorely wanted Shin-Ra to win. So much so, that with each revision I made to the game, I made it more balanced against your faction, to prevent subconscious favoritism. I removed Tseng and Elena (your goon and your roleblocker) when I cut the game down from 22 to 15. I removed Rufus' godfather status, even when there was both a town cop and a town doctor and absolutely no mafia roleblocker. I even gimped your hex and interception abilities to be only usable when you gave up the night-kill. However, I think that in the end Shin-Ra remained a completely viable faction in the game's balance, and you proved this at least partially true in the game's first (and theoretically only) actual run.

If there were a second place, in my opinion the honor would go to Marshy and Ronike. Had there been a single mafia mislynch in this game (pivotally on Day 4), DEEPGROUND most likely would have won. The mafia played very well, but Frozenflame was near the chopping block (you cannot blame him. he is mafia in lylo and they had a perfect game thusfar. it is only terribly natural for town to at least suspect ONE scum by now), and chaco could not kill xsyven without forfeiting his role-claim. I would also venture to say that Ronike and Marshy pushed the mislynches more than Shin-Ra did, which isn't to fault Shin-Ra (why would they push them when someone else non-Shin-Ra is) but to say that DEEPGROUND straight up did work. As I said earlier, I was rooting for Shin-Ra to win during game development, but I was rooting for DEEPGROUND to win post Day 2.

Pre-Day 2, of course, I was rooting for Town. How could I not? KevinM was town, and its common knowledge that I love him so. Kevin was a great part of this game's health and life-force, and his death by Junglefever's sole kill really hindered the activity of the game. I still don't know why Junglefever targeted KevinM over anyone else, but I suspect it was simply because Kevin had a nice claim and Jungle wanted to use his kill before the game progressed too far. Poor McFox the cop died Night 1, and I don't even think it was his fault; mafia didn't really have a bead on him as the cop or a power-role or anything, they simply decided that he hadn't drawn any ties that would clear townies through his death, and offed his ass. The cop was an important part of the town, and could definitely had helped them through their struggles, but he wasn't necessary. There was also the masonry of 2 townies, a vote blocker and a role blocker. This role combination was a throwback to frozenflame's Trigun mafia, a game that was before my first SWF mafia game that is a great read and a great setup. Town also had a doctor, who for some reason thought it would be a good idea to claim Day 1. I'm not going to go into that.

Cloud Strife was the swing. The direction that Cloud amn'ed definitely helped that faction. He could amn Zack Fair the NPC vig N2 and take his first shot N1, which would be the most logical choice if you were going to choose vigilante. However, Riddle decided to hold off on his amning for better prospects. I believe what he told me was that he wanted a "more interesting role." I couldn't interfere, but how I wanted to question his logic. He admitted to having never played vigilante in a forum game, and he failed to see how vig is completely interesting and totally awesome. Town role. With your own kill. Bypass all the nonsense and convincing other people to follow with your lynch. Simply shoot the scumbags. Oh well. During Day 2, it looked like Junglefever was going to get lynched. Oh, how this excited me! Cloud Strife could amn as Sephiroth and do exactly what Professor Gast and Hojo wanted and such! Become a Sephiroth clone! He would no longer be an experimental failure as a character! But no, Jungle didn't die. Oh well. McFox the cop was dead! Riddle could amn cop, and his waiting would pay off, and Night 3 he could go into near end-game with a guilty or inno! Nope, not that either, not out of impossibility, but simply out of "I don't want to." Oh, well... KevinM was daykilled! So Riddle could amn Tifa, and become a roleblocker! Not only that, but he would be masoned with Omis, who could confirm it to the world! Nope, not that either. He decided to amn Vig after all, which he coulda done earlier and gotten an extra night's shot. Oh well, at least he put it to good use by.... killing a townie, and then lying about it. Right. Tally-ho.

I shouldn't even have to comment on Handorin's terrible play and then self-hammer as town.

Poor Rockin was night-killed outta nowhere. LOL.

Junglefever marked all 3 mafia. I dont really know what his conditions were for choosing his marks, but if he was trying to mark scummy people, he's a genius! If he was trying to mark townies, uh, he's not a genius. However, Jungle did use his kill fairly well to avoid his own lynch (possibly), and he got pretty close to endgame. And all 3 of his marks lived to the end, so that's saying something; if he had lived another Day or so, he would have won and exited, tying the winning faction for 1st.

Good job to those who did a good job. To those who didn't, well, I'm sure you learned your lessons and will do better next time.

Thank you all again for playing. I enjoyed you all and love you all.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I chose mentos because he just generally lives a long time. I thought by looking how the game was going that Chaco would be around, so i marked him as well. Then during D3 i was like k town is sorta being >_<, and FF is still alive, so...mark FF.

I killed Kevin because 1) There would be almost no suspicion on me for the kill, which there never was. 2) Kevin has like a Jungle scum radar. It's scary. 3) I was hoping that maybe Kevin was in a cult with Omis, and I could snatch two birds with one stone. either way it worked out fine.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Worst. ****. Town. Ever.

Seriously, I gave you guys more than enough reason to kill frozen, and you decided to try to lynch me?! Fine. But as soon as I didn't get lynched, we shoulda moved on to frozen, but instead you made me take that **** gambit (good stuff mafia either catching it or just stalling until I got fed up) and then had to take another gambit in hoping mafia would screw up killing Xsyven or be a 2 faction...

Ugh, seriously... Just ugh...

Worst Vig and worst Doc ever. Slightly less so on the doc part, but why the hell didn't you tell us that and then continue self protecting?! I mean just hell man...

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I just noticed Jungle marked all three scum. Amazing. Is there any reason for marking? *Edit* Just read is role. Nice

No like Omis comment.

Kevin made me feel hella' pressured and I was afraid of being lynched so I claimed using that Doc gambit. Was upset when I had to leave, picked up later, and saw that Xsyven didn't go with it.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Argh.

I wish I just claimed my stupid Holy at the beginning, and watch the Mafia jump me. By the time I even thought of that it was too late.

Oh well. I suck at replacing. This was the first time I'd replaced as Town... kind of weird.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I marked people by who I thought was going to live the longest, and FF because he hadnt died by D3 haha

Ronike

Smash Ace
Omni, I just want to say, that lie you told near the begining, amazing.

Xsyven, you get fail points for ruining it. And not claiming Holy. And just sitting there for a large portion of the time.

Omni

BRoomer
Town = (Me/Xsyven), (Blazer/Gheb), McFox, KevinM, Hando, Rockin, Chill, Omis
Indies = Jungle (best pick for Seph since his play style fits well with this role) and [Ronike/Marshy mason]
Mafia = Mentos, Chaco, and Frozen

Town had some crazy **** go down. The whole Blazer/Gheb thing was crazy. Kevin's bandwagons hit everyone BUT scum and me folding under the pressure and claiming early was pretty silly. Gheb wanting to "sacrifice" himself pissed me off so badly. McFox, our cop, dying immediately sucked ***. Then the ineffective town mason of Kevin and Omis is broken by Sephiroth. Then the self hammer of Hando. Gaaawd.

Ronike/Marshy mason is really scary tho'. Mentos/Chaco/Frozen is an extremely solid scum team. I think even with a more competent Town team this game would still be extremely difficult to win against such powerful combos. Town definitely had the assets and utilities but we couldn't get our **** together.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Omni has massive respect for that amazing gambit. We were scared about him party docing it up, so we killed Rockin. That's where that kill came from, LOL.

I had a creeping suspicion from about D2 that Jungle or Ronike was SK. I'm not sure if I actually told anyone that, but if I think I did it was either Mentos or Tom. So, that's why I chose to kill Jungle by my own means, along with Omni's gambit, and the "ties" factor.

So seriously, good **** Omni. That was an epic bluff. I saw through most of the other bluffs, but that one truly was amazing. Kudos.

Ronike

Smash Ace
I really did think Chill and FF were scum BTW.

Gheb was way too easy to push and Hando was... well we all know how it went.

Frozen, you played pretty sloppy this game. I had a scum read on you as soon as you promised Hando lynch info and mysteriously forgot about it, but I wanted to build a case.

Our plan was make me seem scummy to draw lynches and keep nk's away (due to me being a potential mislynch) and Marshy was supposed to make the smart posts to draw the nks, but I'm too impatient to wait for him.

This of course drastically mutated after I got "lynched". At first I was gonna claim bulletbroof unlynchable 1 time recruiter... But we decided that was a bit over the top. So we went with what I said and tried to draw out the mafia so we could waste our lynches on the mafia and win. Obviously that didn't work either... Well GG mafia, **** game town.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I was disappointed no one blindly hopped on my non existent case on riddle. :(

Handorin

Smash Hero
I shouldn't even have to comment on Handorin's terrible play and then self-hammer as town.
umad?

I shouldn't have to comment on the failure to make me mafia this game.

Actually, it's just that I got really emo towards mafia games about that time. I did try to make my role a bit more interesting, but I kinda started to fail because of the emoness. My play suffered in this game and Megamafia. I simply stopped caring. My effort was very low. So anytime people tried to argue with me, I just half..... an argument or w/e. No johns though

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Holy ****. Talk about epic ****ing design.

Mad props to Tom for somehow managing to squeeze 4 factions into a game this size. That's absolutely incredible. Furthermore, I love the versatility in how the game could have played out. Superb design and balance sir. Brofist @ Trigun mafia throwback. Glad I was able to lend a bit of inspiration! =)

Sibling team pulled some amazing **** near end game. If basically a single thing had gone wrong for us maf the 2nd last night or during that day, we'd have been boned. I constantly was cautioning Mentos and chaco to be chill and not jump on any of Ronike's propositions. It took every last bit of rhetoric I could muster to misconstrue Ronike's trapping and evidence against me as anti-town play. Thank the lord it worked. That was essentially the final battle. We thought we had won upon lynching you, but your role threw a major ****ing wrench into our plans. Phenomenal job trying to trick us into revealing and becoming submissive to you. Glad I was mega skeptical and pulled the reigns back on a mass maf reveal. =P

Final night was ****ing epic strategy. I knew Riddle was coming for me since I felt riddle didn't buy my argument about the propensity for unlynchables to be mafia. After a short debate with Tom (<3 ya) I ended up intercepting myself and not only preventing a mafia death but removing our final non-voting threat to our vitality. Not to toot my own horn but it was quite baller. XP

All in all this game was just phenomenally played by the non-town factions. Amazing lying across the board. I had a LOT of trouble predicting what was gonna happen because I could never piece together roles (esp. Ronike, mad props dude). Town struggled a bit, and I think some of the can be attributed to general game stagnancy which is quite unfortunate. I think a few better choices on the town's part could have netted them a victory.

It was a blast guys. Definitely a game to remember.

@ Ronike: Agreed, most of my early game play was sloppy. I left a lot on the floor to be used against me, which you did. However, when I kicked into high gear reconstructive and rebuttal mode, it was good enough to turn it all around. And in the end game when tensions are high, being the more persuasive guy is gonna net you the results you want. Great job using quite literally everything I did wrong against me. It's gonna take a little bit more dismembering of my reconstruction though to finish me off. Stacking evidence doesn't work without compelling dismantling of my rebuttals to your accusations.

Omni

BRoomer
thanks for the props on the doc gambit.

i hate the fact that i will never be able to get a solid read on Marshy.

but overall, scum played very well. the only scum reads i could get while in the game was from Ronike. the lack of support made me drop it since i felt i may have been tunneling since no one believed me

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
It took every last bit of rhetoric I could muster to misconstrue Ronike's trapping and evidence against me as anti-town play. Thank the lord it worked. That was essentially the final battle.
i think the real final battle was scaring chaco with my 1-shot vig bluff

omni lie was cool

i was very happy to not be town and balancing my play off of ronike's was cool too

Chaco

Never Logs In
i think the real final battle was scaring chaco with my 1-shot vig bluff
I called BS, and weighed the killing amount. It was far too much to be believable. I bought Cait Sith, and paired you as a bomb. But either way, you didn't scare me. *wipes up pee*

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Xsyven, you get fail points for ruining it. And not claiming Holy. And just sitting there for a large portion of the time.
I don't even want to get into my situation with you. I was put on the spot the second after replacing three days into the game. Sorry if I didn't play up to perfect expectations. It's especially annoying when you'd get on AIM and criticize how I play the game, while the **** game is still going on. I've never seen anyone whine so much about a Mafia game.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
*shrugs*

Not much I can say I died way to soon, funny that I picked up on the indie before he even picked a role.

I wish I was amnesiac guns would have been firin all DAI

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, we ended up figuring that you were actually a bomb trying to bait chaco into NKing you to prevent being Nk'd himself.

We solved both by having me intercept target Chaco which would have prevent you from NKing him if you actually could, and prevented us from walking into a bomb via traditional NK. <3 my ability.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha this game was amazing. Omni, your doc gambit d1 was phenomenal, mad props for that. Forced to claim early, you drew the kill away from yourself and kept your holy ability alive.

Xsy, you should be happy you didn't claim Holy early- both me and frozen were able to bypass doc protection with our extra abilities.

Ronike+marshy: great job guys. Throughout the whole game you helped us move toward winning, the only mistake was your gambit at the end, we saw right through it.

Rest of town: lots of mistakes and being blindsided due to how many anti-towns there were. Obviously hando made a terrible move, other than that not terrible play.

Scumbuddies? Brofist, we had strategy the whole way through, me and chaco were two more trusted townies, and just overall fun to be scum with. Took us forever to get all 3 on for the Xsy lynch though XD

Anyway, back to bday fun

Ronike

Smash Ace
I don't even want to get into my situation with you. I was put on the spot the second after replacing three days into the game. Sorry if I didn't play up to perfect expectations. It's especially annoying when you'd get on AIM and criticize how I play the game, while the **** game is still going on. I've never seen anyone whine so much about a Mafia game.
I really did think you were mafia, so I'm not gonna apologize for pressuring you. Even if I didn't think so, pressuring you after three days seems fair to me, so bugger off on that.

As for "criticizing" you on aim, yeah, it was me telling you to get active, the same as I told a lot of people when I saw them on.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Oh, and mentos, which gambit? We were runnin so many its not even funny lol.

If you are referring to the last, well there was no sense in not doin it, so yeah.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha yeah that last gambit was made painfully obvious because you wanted to hammer "in case of a bomb/supersaint." If you were really a survivor, you would have wanted maf to hammer so that you would live and be able to win. That was the main thing that made it painfully obvious.

Also, lol at the comment tom made about me seeming townie during post game twilight... I count that among my accomplishments this game

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Maybe I could've done better but back then I had like 0 experience so I couldn't think of anything better. Now, I probably would be able to avoid that lynch but w/e. I didn't "sacrifice" myself though as some people think. I still tried to contribute as much as I could in terms of scumhunting ... I was just trapped in the corner and did the best to avoid any big damages to the town D1 so I offered myself as a fallback lynch, in case nobody better was found.

Tom, you did an amazing job hosting this game. The flavour, the images and the roles were all superb. Shame this is going to be your last one, I never seen a Mafia game that impressed me so much visually and you really managed to capture that FF7 atmosphere.

Edit: I wanted to be Vincent so badly ^^

:059:

Top Bottom