• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Dissidia

titus

Smash Journeyman
What is final fantasy dissidia?
Well, it's basically a fighting game for final fantasy, not an rpg. It has characters from the previous final fantasy games, the only ones I am aware of are:
Zidane
Kuja
Spehiroth (big surprise)
The guy from FF1
one guy that I can't make out, probly from FF4-6

I think that was it. Anyways, here's a trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_9ZYoM9cao

Now Discuss It!

yamigarasu

Smash Cadet
WOW..........I'm playing as Zidane...Zidane...Zidane all the way!Too bad this game is coming out for the PSP,as I don't have one.*Steals friend's PSP*That's better.

titus

Smash Journeyman
I know, now i have to get a PSP, the game looks kinda difficult, since the combos look like they go in all different directions, and people are flying and running on walls.

Jolts_D

Smash Apprentice
Well, now I'm even more glad I decided to shell out for the PSP :D. I'm also anxiously waiting for FFT:WotL and CV:SotN (comes with a different Castlevania game...I think; I haven't been keeping track of it).

If Sephiroth's there, it's almost definate that Cloud will be, too.

Kada

Smash Journeyman
Dissidia, along with FFVII: Crisis Core, Advent Children and The Lion's War are pretty much the reasons that I'm going to buy a PSP. This game looks insane. Not to mention that now all the fanboys can finally resolve the Kefka vs. Sephiroth debate! As well as all the other character battles that seem to pop up. =P

Give me Auron, Vincent, Zack or Squall, and I'll be perfectly happy. I think it would also be awesome to have the two Turks from Advent Children in there, if not just as comic relief characters. When you really think about it, they're actually really good fighters.

It may also be cool if they go ahead and add their Kingdom Hearts characters. Organization XIII anyone?

titus

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, im a roxas fan personally, dual keyblades= amazing comboing. id be shocked if they didnt put cloud in it, considering the fact that everyone loves him, whether they admit it or not. from final fantasy 7 to 10, the characters i wouldnt care to see would probly be:
caitsith, aeris, yuffie, barret, tseng, elena, rufus, hojo, edea, irvine, sophie, vivi, eiko, quina, lulu, and wakka. every other main char, id be fine with.

Jolts_D

Smash Apprentice
How can you dislike Yuffie, but be fine with Rikku? They're basically the same person ('cept for Yuffie's kleptomania). During Dirge of Cerberus, I almost forgot that it was Yuffie, not Rikku, yelling at Vincent to care more :lol:.

I'd also like to see more hand combat characters, like Tifa and Zell, but swords are cool too (not too fond of guns...sorry Barret, Vincent, Irvine, and Balthier).

titus

Smash Journeyman
I dont think so, rikku is much more loyal and trustworthy than yuffie is, but yeah yuffie probly will be in the game, if they have enough space. and if rikku makes it she'll probly be similar to zidane move-wise.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Im pretty sure the first two chars shown were Cecil and Garland from FF4. I don't know who that last person was though (the one that wasn't seph)

titus

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that would make sense. The last guy, the one with the horns on his helmet, he is from final fantasy 1. He is in the intro video for for final fantasy origins , not to sure if he's in the one for final fantasy 1.

courte

Smash Lord
w00t! too bad its gonna suck tho ... i really hope it'll be gud like god mode cereal but square has a bad history with action/fighting games

courte

Smash Lord
well im happy that this will feature chars from the first six ff games, who were suprisingly absent from kingdom hearts

Cless

Smash Champion
Setzer was in KH II, but that's about it. Square doesn't like their past much apparently.

I hope this game isn't as unplayable as Ehrgeiz.

courte

Smash Lord
remember the bouncer --WOULDN"T THAT BE A GREAT CAMEO ADDITION!?

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I thought I was the only one who liked Zidane. :D

Nomura said he didn't include some FF characters because he didn't desgin them not because of anything Sqaure said. Does Setzer fall into that category?

I doubt we'll see any KH characters because this is called "Final Fantasy Dissidia" some people forget KH is a seperate series and the FF chars are just cameos. Plus I'm sure Sqaure would like to leave the KH series open for milking incase they want to make a game with them.

courte

Smash Lord
Zidane>Zell

btw is it true that Axel is/might be Reno's nobody??

Cless

Smash Champion
Why would he be Reno's nobody? All the nobody's names are a mixed up version of the person's they come from with an x added, so he can't be Reno's anyway.

I like Zidane too. Better than Squall and Tidus anyway. Well, Setzer wasn't designed by Nomura, so I don't know why he included him in KHII.

courte

Smash Lord
i didn't get that far in the game so i don't know, i youtube'd it and there wselfas a video that supported that idea, but pointed out that one flaw in the concept. my friend told me about the concept

i knew there was something like it though cuz i thought to myself "roxas=sora but how?? i know theres the x but what's the point of mixing the letters like that"

then again considered that KH tends to f@ck everything sideways... no gd ff1-6 chars... well i'll just sit back and wait to see what happens... unless there was some secret ff character named Ale

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Who will be the hero representing Final Fantasy VI?

Terra?

I hope it's Terra...

Her transforming into an esper would just be awesome to controll in a fighting game like Dissidia.

...and what about VII...no character revealed yet...

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
=====
Confirmed Characters:
Final Fantasy 1: Warrior of Light, Garland
Final Fantasy 2: Firion, Emperor of Palamecia
Final Fantasy 3: (No confirmed hero), Cloud of Darkness
Final Fantasy 4: (No confirmed hero or villan)
Final Fantasy 5: (No confirmed hero), Exdeath
Final Fantasy 6: (No confirmed hero), Kefka
Final Fantasy 7: (No confirmed hero), Sephiroth
Final Fantasy 8: Squall, Ultimecia
Final Fantasy 9: Zidane, Kuja
Final Fantasy 10: Tidus, Jecht
=====

I know that list is correct, but I don't know if its up to date. I'm very, very pumped about this game. Kefka? ARE YOU SERIOUS? WE CAN FINALLY PROVE THAT SEPHIROTH IS A LITTLE WHINY BABY COMPARED TO KEFKA!

Seriously, people who are creeped out by Sephy need to (re)visit ff6.

edit: After reading over the thread, I am obligated to remind everyone that Yuffie > Rikku in every way. Yuffie is near the top of my favorite female rpg characters.

K64

Smash Apprentice
I have (and using now) a PSP, but SquareEnix needs 2 really pull my heartstrings if they want me to buy this. Zidane and Sephiroth is'nt enough.

chucklesXcore

Smash Apprentice
screw the scans, the trailers alone show what this game has potential to be. youtube them since the original link isn't working. the game looks pretty darn good, I can actually recognize a few of the moves from the original final fantasy games. (like zidane uses one of his trance abilities, I think squall uses lionheart, etc.) Hopefully the gameplay will hold up and actually be playable =] I'm pretty excited. This gives me a reason to actually buy a PSP now.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
edit: After reading over the thread, I am obligated to remind everyone that Yuffie > Rikku in every way. Yuffie is near the top of my favorite female rpg characters.
My Yuffie was twice a good as my Cloud when I played FFVII. And I didn't even try for it to happen. She just kicked major ***.

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman
Is this another Japanese Only release? It seems like the Japanese get all the cool games...(mother 3, anyone??) :(

If it's not a first-person shooter, there's no guarantee these great games will find their way over here.

PKNessEB

Smash Journeyman
Is this another Japanese Only release? It seems like the Japanese get all the cool games...(mother 3, anyone??) :(

If it's not a first-person shooter, there's no guarantee these great games will find their way over here.
I've don't know about that,this game was already registered by Square Enix in North America on 4/6/07.So it might have a chance of making it over.But I can't hold my hope up high for it just yet.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Kuja > All. He wears a dress, exposes his midriff, and doesn't afraid of anything.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
im sure it will make its way to NA, the final fantasy games always do well here

also, props to xsyven for knowing where its at with Yuffie.

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
I know that list is correct, but I don't know if its up to date. I'm very, very pumped about this game. Kefka? ARE YOU SERIOUS? WE CAN FINALLY PROVE THAT SEPHIROTH IS A LITTLE WHINY BABY COMPARED TO KEFKA!

Seriously, people who are creeped out by Sephy need to (re)visit ff6.
You good sir are awesome and and absolutely correct. Kefka FTW!

So far the game's looking good I'm getting a nostalgic rush seeing some of those classic characters in 3D (I definitely think the Warrior of Light was an interesting choice). The main thing I'm happy with though is that it seems like Nomura keeping true to Amano's designs for those characters. At least compared to the butchering he gave Setzer in KH2, that was awful.

I hope it turns out great and ends up coming to the US. Though I also have hopes for some bonus characters to maybe be playable just not part of story mode.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Know what would be total Hax? The Protagonist(the King) from Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

Ohh if Garland is in this,
I would expect him to turn into Choas, seroiusly that Final Boss was whacked in Dawn of Souls

Viroxor

Smash Ace
I wonder if both Garlands will be in there. The I and IX ones. Anyway, the VII hero is obviously gonna be Cloud, but I think it would be cooler to have Zack. He was awesome. In fact, Cloud spent most of the game pretending to be Zack, because he's that amazing. And having a (non-butchered) Seifer would be good as well.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I want to play as Squall, Ultimecia, Zidane, and Kuja more than anyone else. VIII and IX are my favorite titles in the series. Holy mackerel do I want this game.

Black Mage better be a bonus character.

I would like Final Fantasy to return to Nintendo, or at least be ported to the Wii. If they ported Dissidia to the Wii.... GAAAAWWWWP!!!

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Top Bottom