• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Destination: Workshop General social thread

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
What karts?
I don't see what the huge problem is? It's only a problem to you because Bikes ended up being better. If the removed all the bikes and just made them all karts with a few karts that stacked up to the bikes then would you complain it was 'Mario Kart *insert random uber kart here*? What about if the Karts could wheelie (for God knows why) and bikes couldn't? Then people would whine that bikes were a useless addition.

Mario Kart Wii was a good game. I found the level variety vastly superior to the 64 and GBA games and I felt the Retro tracks were a lot better this time too (giving it the edge over the DS) The big problem with Mario Kart Wii was the reusing of models to extend the cast (Funky and DK have the same animations for christ's sake) and the low budget character graphics. (Most of them don't have fingers...)

I guess my question is: What did Mario Kart Wii do wrong (in your opinion) besides make Bikes too good in the hands of a skilled player?

EDIT: @I Am Plum

The werehog really isn't all that bad. It has a decent combo system, controls well, and feels pretty tight. The problem with the werehog is his stages get repetitive later in the game (same battle music ALL game? That jazz song sucks too) and also the camera is atrocious during his sections. Combine that with platforming and it's just ya... The werehog isn't bad, it's the little things around him that suck.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I read that article weeks ago and since then have tried to spread it on every other forum I go to. Although I think you guys will be disappointed with SMG2, I'm pretty sure they will wait a bit longer to go upstream although I could be wrong. Anyways Plum needs to get out of my head with his longer posts on the last page, That's the way I feel/felt before reading that article.

Sonic Unleashed was standable until it gave me 6 Werehog levels in a row. Those controls and horrible level design cannot be tolerated without a Sonic level somewhere in there to break up the awful. xP

It's a step in the right direction though. A home run compared to Sonic 06 and Shadow.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Sonic Unleashed was standable until it gave me 6 Werehog levels in a row. Those controls and horrible level design cannot be tolerated without a Sonic level somewhere in there to break up the awful. xP

It's a step in the right direction though. A home run compared to Sonic 06 and Shadow.
Wii or 360 version? I never remember more then 2 Werehog stages in a row while playing the superior (yet harder to pickup) 360 version.

Prawn

Smash Master
just to clarify if I play Brawl+ online with someone else with same codeset it still works right?

Sorry this should be in QandA but QQ

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Wii. Cheaper, and the less amount of money I can give to new Sonic Team, the better.
Ya man, the Wii version was very mediocre once you got the hang of the 360 and PS3 version. You just had to put in a few hours to get good at the other two, which many reviewers and players didn't want to do. If you get a chance find someone with the 360 or PS3 version and give it a whirl. It's a lot better.

Ya man, the Wii version was very mediocre once you got the hang of the 360 and PS3 version. You just had to put in a few hours to get good at the other two, which many reviewers and players didn't want to do. If you get a chance find someone with the 360 or PS3 version and give it a whirl. It's a lot better.
I'll look into renting it or something. No more than 2 werehog stages in a row would make that game actually decent.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
And that's a good thing? I don't know about you but I don't like every game to be a huge budget sequel or epic story driven game. I do enjoy the occasional casual ****-fest of a game, just like I enjoy going to see a casual movie, like Transformers 2.

I don't need to see another Dark Knight or Benjamin Button to get enjoyment out of a movie, a few 'casual' movies here and there make the huge movies seem better. Madworld was one of the freshest and most well designed games I've played in a long time and it SCREAMS casual.

One of the main reasons Unleashed seems so awesome is because the last good Sonic 3D game was Adventure 2 Battle. Unleashed is great, but it has it's load of problems that I overlook because it's so refreshing to see Sonic not sucking dog crap for once.

Either way, all I want is for that article to be right. It's been too long since Nintendo released a hardcore game (I'd venture Metroid Prime 3 was the last one, and that's second party)
lolwut. Sticking with upstream gamers doesnt mean a huge budget sequal or epic story driven game. It means you churn out (hopefully) high quality game that satisfies the needs and wants of an upstreamer such as tight controls, balanced difficulty curve, replayability, well developed engine, well liked and thought out gameplay engine, memorable characters, good plot (if any see Virtual Fighter) and more.

It's going the extra step to make sure that the players who really do give a **** will be completely satisfied and not content.

Madworld screams more upstream than downstream son. At least imo it does.

One of the main reasons WHY Sonic Unleashed on the PS Triple and the 360 did so well was because of how it appealed to the upstream more than it did the downstream by going somewhat back to its roots in which the upstream was first created, ie golden days. the fact it was one of the most well-recieved games by Retro Sonic fans in a while adds on to why it seems like a good game because Retro Sonic fans like myself went, "****ING FINALLY. GOD."

Capcom CONSTANTLY released amazing quality games aimed mostly (argueably completely) for the upstream gamer and they do amazing in terms of sales.

Steam. If you know who they are, than that's all I need to say. Steam. Point blank.

If that article has any form of truth to what Nintendo is going to be doing in the future, it will only be a matter of time before the gaming world is toppled and everyone is calling the coming of a Upstream Nintendo the apocolypse because there is no way in hell they thought Nintendo would be so ****ing devious. :V

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
That's all fine and dandy, but my point was this.

For example we have a company like Capcom that consistently pushes out good, quality, hardcore games and that is great. I know what I'm getting from Capcom. But I have always liked Nintendo because they also know how to make fun 'downstream' games better then any company. Basically, I'd rather have a company that can play both ends of the field very well instead of just one end.

Also, I'd say Madworld is more downstream to play, it's the graphics that make it seem upstream. The controls are simple, as is the game. It's short and to the point. Either way whatever. The only reason I came into this topic tonight was to say this.

Any person here who owns a PS2 or Wii NEEDS to play Okami RIGHT NOW! I just finished it and I was stunned. What an amazing game. Everything about the game is great. I strongly suggest it to anyone that enjoys the Zelda games. If you do get the Wii version though, find the code that changes how you attack and use the dodge command, but the Wii wiggling doesn't work too well.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
You see, I have a problem... I can't for the life of me get into any single player game. Period. I don't care at all if the story is compelling-- it simply doesn't hold my attention. I'd definately be categorized as a "twitch gamer." Some games are definately exceptions to the rule, though they are few and far between. For example, Resident Evil 4 is probably one of my favorite games of all time-- I've unlocked everything, and played it to death, and I still play it randomly. I even re-bought it when it came out for the Wii, and all I can say is "WOW!" If you haven't experienced RE4 on the Wii it's an absolute MUST, better than ever!

GHNeko, you mentioned "Valve." All I can say is Valve is epic win. Hands down my favorite game company EVER. My twitch gaming feeds on multiplayer games, I could play one for HOURS, and I love to get good at said game. Notably in this case, Brawl+, and Team Fortress 2. I love shooters, always have. Goldeneye reigned supreme back in the day. Later, down the road I became a CSS fanatic, AWPing everyone on the enemy team myself. lol. TF2 however takes the cake, easily the BEST FPS of all time. Seriously, this game has a class (or two) for everyone. If you don't like it based on graphics then I'm sorry for your lack of taste, because the game looks stunning. It's so stylized that they simply can't go wrong. It's an absolute MUST try. Seriously... The amazing thing is, well after it came out they decided to treat each and every one of the 9 classes with their own class update, giving them new unlockable weapons. The new weapons work to compliment said characters role and play style, and work as a side grade (and in some cases and upgrade) to the original weapons of said class. They have 3 more classes to update, they've been updating them for a year now... and they still aren't done. They are doing a stunning job. It amazes me how great Valve is to their customers, they really care. They listen to the community, take their ideas for character weapon unlocks, take popular community made maps and make them official, and they have constantly added new game modes (and maps for said modes) throughout.

Any person here who owns a PS2 or Wii NEEDS to play Okami RIGHT NOW! I just finished it and I was stunned. What an amazing game. Everything about the game is great. I strongly suggest it to anyone that enjoys the Zelda games. If you do get the Wii version though, find the code that changes how you attack and use the dodge command, but the Wii wiggling doesn't work too well.
As you can imagine from my wall of text, I generally can't get into single player games as I'd rather be playing TF2, or Brawl+. As such, I haven't played Okami. However, I'm very much into art, and I can tell you the game is stunningly beautiful. My friend has it (and is opposite me when it comes to video games as he hates multiplayer games and adores singleplayer games with well developed stories) and I've watched him play it quite a bit. He's also hardcore into Zelda, seriously, I wonder what he does at night with that poster of Zelda before him on his wall... Even he said Okami is amazing, in fact, he said it was better than many Zelda entries, notably Twilight Princess. Also, he said the game is very long, and fulfilling-- that and it has compelling characters, some of which add quite a bit of humor to the game. Though I haven't played this game much myself, and probably never will, I definately recommend this to anyone who enjoys Zelda as you may find it to be far more than you thought.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I'm buying a new computer this week and TF2 is one of the games I'm looking into getting. We'd have to play sometime, if you don't mind carrying me for a week or so since I'll be so bad when I start.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
I'm buying a new computer this week and TF2 is one of the games I'm looking into getting. We'd have to play sometime, if you don't mind carrying me for a week or so since I'll be so bad when I start.
Ganon, I'm psyched to hear (read) this!! Seriously! I have NO problem at all helping you out. I can give you a run down of the classes, especially the Spy. In fact, I have a popular YouTube Video guide series on how to play the Spy. I'm nearly ready to release my latest video, I just need to gather a few more recordings and add commentary. I'm kind of nervous because it's my first commentary! In addition, I actually authored the GameFaqs guide featuring the Spy that has thousands upon thousands of views. I've played the Spy alone for literally 300 hours (and yes I do have a life). haha.

GameFaqs

My YouTube Channel

My newly written Spy Guide (Beta) on a brand new, and rather amazing guide/tip/and cheat site!-- this site blows GameFaqs and everyone else out of the water, as it provides powerful user friendly tools whereby guide writers can make very well put together guides that are far flashier than the competition allows!

Needless to say, I like helping people get better at the game, add me when you get steam! My account name is "delkin525." I suggest you get a mic as well (if you don't already have one) as we can use ventrilo when we play! :D

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I play WoW and have my own vent server for raids. Least for a few more months. How much is TF2?

P.S. I'll probably try the Heavy first.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
I play WoW and have my own vent server for raids. Least for a few more months. How much is TF2?

P.S. I'll probably try the Heavy first.
TF2 is literally $20 and I highly recommend that you simply buy it on the steam network directly from your computer. It will install right away! Seriously, $20 for a game that you'll get more mileage out of than most any other game is so darn worth it.

Yeah, Heavy is cool! I'll be your Medic! ;D

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Valve has recently become very dickish.

They mentioned that Left 4 dead would receive a lot of dlc, such as new characters, new weapons, and things of that nature. Then, they go and announce left 4 dead 2, which doesn't seem that different from left 4 dead. Many people mention that it is mere the dlc pack that left 4 dead was supposed to have. Naturally, people are pissed at this EAesque stunt Valve has pulled.

There's even a steam group that's boycotting left 4 dead 2.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
<3 TF2.

Valve made me a PC gamer, and I love them for it.

You can't really say Valve dropped the ball completely on L4D. They did release Survival, which despite not being everything they had originally promised is REALLY fun.

I have to agree that TF2 is where it's at. That's definitely the best example of a balanced game as far as I can see. The only times a particular class dominates are due to the actual player just being that good.
There's always a counter to everything.
The amount of user created content that's actually good keeps it constantly refreshing to play, and the amount of Valve released content is great too.
Considering I actually go for the achievements in game and not achievement farming servers, unlocking a new weapon is like Christmas.

And to those who have any Valve game on the 360 or PS3:
Sucks to be you XD (seriously... lolololololol :V)

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Note: This is a leaf post. That means it should be read like a leaf post, which for some of you, means not reading it. It is probably longer than some of your high school english papers, filling up a full four pages in word, single-spaced. It's also kinda rantish. Now that that's out of the way, let's begin, shall we?

I don't see what the huge problem is? It's only a problem to you because Bikes ended up being better. If the removed all the bikes and just made them all karts with a few karts that stacked up to the bikes then would you complain it was 'Mario Kart *insert random uber kart here*? What about if the Karts could wheelie (for God knows why) and bikes couldn't? Then people would whine that bikes were a useless addition.

Mario Kart Wii was a good game. I found the level variety vastly superior to the 64 and GBA games and I felt the Retro tracks were a lot better this time too (giving it the edge over the DS) The big problem with Mario Kart Wii was the reusing of models to extend the cast (Funky and DK have the same animations for christ's sake) and the low budget character graphics. (Most of them don't have fingers...)

I guess my question is: What did Mario Kart Wii do wrong (in your opinion) besides make Bikes too good in the hands of a skilled player?
I thought you knew me better than that, gog. See, I don't care if a couple karts dominate all the others when I play mario kart. I don't care if a single kart dominates all the others, either. I'm not playing the game to play some specific kart that I like, or even a character for that matter, but rather because I like the general gameplay - I enjoyed MK64, MKDD, and MKDS all very much. In MK64, only yoshi, peach, and toad were viable characters (meaning if you had 4 players, someone was going to be handicapped); in MKDD the only kart really worth using was the barrel train (and yet this is still my favourite MK game); and MKDS had about 4 good karts - egg1, dry bomber, polterguist, and rob bls. MKW has 3-5 good bikes, iirc, so clearly vehicle diversity isn't the problem here.

What is the problem? The entire bike mechanic. They threw out one of the biggest defining features of MK games - the MiniTurbo (henceforth, MT), in exchange for the wheelie system. I attribute this largely to MKDS's online, resulting in many scrubs complaining about "snakers" ruining the game. The reality is that "snaking" has existed since the days of MK64, and it's just that the majority of the populace didn't know about it.

I think most players knew about the glitch shortcuts in MK64, but very few actually knew that it was possible to perform something called a "Straight Stretch MiniTurbo" (SSMT) - which I believe the name to be fairly self-explanatory, so I won't insult your intelligence - on many courses to give yourself an extra boost where most (read: casual) players would simply drive straight until they reached the next corner. This is largely because SSMTs were very difficult in MK64, as you get a rather large amount of angle on your powerslide. SSMTs are ultimately the basis for what would come to be called "snaking" in later games.

In MKDD, "snaking" was fully realized in the form that MKDS players know it as. You could tear up any course, being in almost constant MT. But no one had a problem with this, because of the lack of online and few scrubs being exposed to it. Typically, only those who actually cared enough about the game to get good knew about and were proficient with SSMTs. Despite having only one viable kart, MKDD did not have trouble with vs scenarios because it included 8 lightweight characters, enabling everyone to use the barrel train (or any light kart for that matter) if they so desired. Some vids of top level MKDD in action (note: vids are probably outdated):

Peach Beach 3lap
Dino Dino Jungle 3lap

You're not going to get races anywhere near that exciting in MKW, and those are just time trial runs.

Then came MKDS, the first online MK game, and unfortunately also nintendo's first venture into online play. As a result, it has a fairly poor online mode even for nintendo, but hey... it's better than nothing, right? Well, at the time, yes, it was. It gave players competition without having to turn to time trial sites, which was really all it needed to do. The problem is that the existence of an online mode also meant that scrubs encountered pros far more often than they would in your typical offline game, and when you have a company that is devoted to making their games "family friendly," it essentially sealed MKW's fate to becoming the watered-down MK game that it is.

Despite its online, MKDS did a lot of things "right." It allowed you to play any character with any kart, completely alleviating the problem of restricting players to only a few viable characters; you could play whoever you want, and you still had access to the best karts. It introduced retro courses to the mix, giving players the ability to play on old courses in the new engine, which in most cases lead to a completely new experience, doubling the number of playable courses in the game. It also kept the core game mechanics of MK intact, while merely expanding upon them, which is exactly what you're supposed to do in a sequel.

Now, fast forward to today, and we have MKW, which pretty much takes what's been established to be set in stone game mechanics that define the MK series and flips it upside down. They completely screwed up the MT system, making everyone take equally as long to charge one, essentially making them worthless on all except a few select corners, with no where near as much depth as in previous titles. No longer do MTs even really matter. In fact, what does matter is the comparatively simple task of being able to line your kart up for the next corner and then pressing up on the +pad. It's taken the excitement and technical prowess of the past MK games and totally killed it. The gaps in player skill are far less apparent, with most of the tracks in the game already close to being maxed out.

Take a look at the Luigi Circuit times for this time trial site:
http://www.mariokart64.com/mkw/coursec.php?cid=0&start=1

Notice something? The times are all incredibly close together. One time in particular stands out:
http://www.mariokart64.com/mkw/profile.php?pid=182

#36 on the list, set only two months after the game was out, and it's only .434 seconds slower than the #1 time set a month ago. These times were set a year apart from each other.

Or how about that Grumble Volcano?
http://www.mariokart64.com/mkw/coursec.php?cid=22

Yes, those times are real. It's due to a terribly stupid glitch shortcut (SC) that somehow made it into the final product, which you can see here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18D3tgVzQqo

There's another track ruiner on Mushroom Gorge and last I checked up on the game, almost every course had some kind of SC (although not as bad as this). Now, I'm aware that MK64 had SCs on every single track, but to a point, that's excusable. It's an older game, and the sheer fact that it's so loaded with them actually sorta adds to its charm, essentially offering two completely different ways to play the game, as TT competitions were more based on an honours system back then, meaning you could play either SC or non-SC at your leisure. On this, though, it pretty much ruins an otherwise good track, especially when if you're going to compete you don't really have a choice about whether to play SC or non-SC. You have to play SC, as only the fastest times matter if you're trying for a WR on the MK channel.

And yes, I did just say that GV is an "otherwise good track." I have nothing against the courses in MKW. As a matter of fact, the first time I played it, I was admiring each and every one of them, on how well designed they were. My problems with the game are really just too deeply engraved in its core engine.

The other thing that I hate MKW for is its horribly imbalanced item play. You're probably thinking "why are you playing MK if you don't like items?" It's not that there are items that is the problem. It's the way they're implemented. Prior to MKW, we never saw anything bigger than an 8 player race, and when playing vs, we only ever saw 4 player matches at the most. Being able to have up to 12 players in a race on MKW wifi may sound epic at first, but ultimately it just means that (if they weren't already) items become way overpowered, especially when you factor in MKW's general physics.

See, in MKDS, there was only one really broken item - lightning. Bullet bill was stupid, too, but it wasn't as bad, since it could only royally screw you over if it was activated at the last second or if it hit you. Why am I not mentioning the almighty blue shell, the ultimate anti-competitive equalizer? Well, because blue shells weren't actually that broken. You could dodge them by performing a MT quickly followed by a jump right before it hit you, completely neutralizing the blue shell while costing you maybe one or two tenths of a second in preparation time. It was only particularly useful if you saved it for the last lap and timed it so that it hit as a player was going over a pit or something, which actually requires that you use it smartly. Red shells were semi-broken if the player they were aimed at was unlucky enough to not get a green shell or banana, but generally weren't too threatening. Stars and mushrooms were useful for going over certain rough terrain, but since you could keep a boost going constantly from MTs, they weren't really valued for their speed bonus, but rather for being good in specific locations, or for their ability to ram another player; on a course like Figure 8 Circuit, mushrooms were one of the weakest items you could get. This is actually something else I could've included in the "what MKDS did right" section: its items were actually relatively balanced.

MKDD also had a fairly balanced item system, specials aside. Having specials like that without being able to select multiples of the same character wasn't too bright of an idea on the design team's part. Pretty much everyone who knew what they were doing rushed to the koopas, bowser jr, and diddy, leaving the toads and the babies as a second string selection. Much like MKDS, the speedboosting items were only useful for certain rough terrain (although arguably slightly moreso, for reasons I don't feel like getting into right now), and both the blue shell and red shell were dodgeable.

Then we have MKW, which pretty much smashes, chews up, and then vomits back whatever semblance of item balance there once was. We see major regression with the blue shell no longer being dodgeable by anything but a mushroom (or perhaps some incredibly lucky timing going over a zipper (those rainbow speed panels)), which is pretty much nothing short of a miracle if you happen to have one when you need it, considering that with both lightning and the pow block running rampant, you'll probably be using your items as fast as you can. Oh yeah, did I mention that the pow block's frequency makes any strategic holding on of items pretty much worthless? Anyone worth their salt knows how to cancel the spinout, so if you were using it planning to knock your opponents out, you're using the wrong item, but what truly makes it disruptive is the fact that it will wipe out whatever item a player had when they got hit, which weakens the already weak items further (see: green shells/bananas, which were already situational items and primarily used for defense against red shells and occasionally attacking a foe when you got the opportunity), and makes the already powerful items even more so. Furthermore, speedboosting items are more useful than in past games, as they actually give you a boost worth mentioning even when you're not crossing rough terrain; when they're actually used intelligently, it results in fairly large gains. Basically, every item in the game is broken in some way, which when combined with the relatively low skill gaps, serves to create extremely luck-based races.

So yeah... you wanted to know what I think MKW screwed up? You got it. It's pretty hard to screw up a game's core gameplay as bad as they did with MKW, but somehow they managed to do it. I hate MKW about as much as I hate brawl, which should give you a pretty solid idea of how highly I think of it.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Sonic Unleashed 360 (and PS3, I guess) is so much ****ing win, I often question how it got worse feedback than the FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF- Wii (and PS2, I guess) version.

I say Sonic has built such a bad rep for himself, that people automatically approach a Sonic game thinking it's gonna suck. That's unprofessional and bias, that said their reviews are bull**** that needs to be taken with a quarter-grain of salt, because when you (in a general sense) dislike something, you'll find things to ***** about, over-exaggerate an opinionated lack of preferential content to make it seem unbelievably boring and/or game-breaking.

I hate "professional" games reviews, because there is nothing professional about voicing your opinion on something that's most likely fabricated or biased to begin with.
A real professional review should simply lay down the facts about the game, leaving your opinion only as what is your impression of the game experience.

Nowadays they just point out how they didn't like this or that, leaving out most game features and actual important content that people want to hear about.

And worst of all, people pointlessly bandwagon these reviews, without establishing their own opinion, using these biased pieces of crap as if they were credible be all end all statement.
I'm constantly in awe at how many people say Sonic Unleashed is horrible, without ever touching the game themselves. Instead they dickride some review on IGN, like that means something.
I hate the internet, this **** didn't flow back in the 8/16 bit era.

timothyung

Smash Ace
If you pick the option which makes strong items never appear in MKW, it's fine. But the main gameplay of it is online and there's no item option, which is one of the main reasons why it is worse than previous MKs. And how come Nintendo allow the glitched records? Can't they ignore the records under two minutes and check all the other records before putting them in? Although it will take time but at least the players will be satisfied.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
There's also this stupid glitch online where you can end the race for EVERYONE, and you will come in first. They should also implement an item switch like in Smash. :D

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
Valve has recently become very dickish.

They mentioned that Left 4 dead would receive a lot of dlc, such as new characters, new weapons, and things of that nature. Then, they go and announce left 4 dead 2, which doesn't seem that different from left 4 dead. Many people mention that it is mere the dlc pack that left 4 dead was supposed to have. Naturally, people are pissed at this EAesque stunt Valve has pulled.

There's even a steam group that's boycotting left 4 dead 2.
I dunno. Basically, they originally planned on making what is now Left 4 Dead 2 DLC, but with the scope of what they were added and what they wanted to do for the game they had to use a new engine and change the game overall. People would get pissed if the addon ended up changing the original game. They say they are still planning on doing DLC for the original. I just want another campaign or two and I'll be happy.

And yes, Plum, TF2 rocks Obama's socks.

If you guys want to get some L4D or TF2 going on, you should add me on steam, my username is "cyb3rgl1tch"

D

Deleted member

do I hear a TF2 match?
currently I don't play it but I was in a very nice clan for about a year (mostly a fun clan), which was very enjoyable, but in the end smash took over :p.

also does someone have a video tutorial on snaking for MKDS?

CloneHat

Smash Champion
You just mini turbo in alternating directions (unless you're taking a turn) and hold the opposite direction of your drift so you travel in a relatively straight line. It's not difficult.

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
Yep, that's basically it.

You can do it with many carts, but a few are best given their stats, examples of these are Dry Bones's tank and Yoshi's Egg 2.

It's fun to do, but wears on your fingers like heck if you keep it up for several matches.

If you want an even bigger challenge, try snaking on Fzero GX...mmm

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Yep, that's basically it.

You can do it with many carts, but a few are best given their stats, examples of these are Dry Bones's tank and Yoshi's Egg 2.

It's fun to do, but wears on your fingers like heck if you keep it up for several matches.

If you want an even bigger challenge, try snaking on Fzero GX...mmm
Oh, it's certainly pretty easy to snake, but to do it well... that's another story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcyYmaT2NRo

If you're wondering how he's going over the rough terrain without slowing down on the first lap of the MC run and on all three laps of the F8C run, it's because he's using a technique called "Prolonged Rocket Boost" (PRB), which consists of getting the best possible rocket start (there are multiple levels of rocket start, if you didn't know) and then performing constant MTs so you never leave the boost state. This allows you to pass over rough terrain as if it was normal pavement, as long as you can keep the boost up. It requires very quick MTing, especially on a kart like rob bls, which has only medium length boosts. It's easiest on a simple course like F8C, although even that is very difficult to keep a steady 3 laps straight of PRB. Also, mushrooms negate the PRB, so you can't start PRBing off of one. You can PRB off of zippers, though, iirc.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I never thanked you for the good read Leaf. Though I don't think the items are that much more ******** in MK Wii I can see all of your points. Guess I never held MK with as high of a regard as you did

Revven

FrankerZ
The items in MKWii are so imbalanced. The thunder cloud is by far the most imbalanced one as you could get it in 4th place and the 3rd place person could be a whole 10 seconds ahead of you, possibly even more, making you come to a halt to get someone behind you with it... but wait, that puts you even further back! So what has the Thunder Cloud just made you do? Get 6th place overall (assuming it is the last lap). That's a horrible item and I have no idea what they were thinking! I guess they were thinking everyone would be in a pack like the CPUs are in Grand Prix...

Another example would be how short Stars are compared to the past iterations (seriously... I almost never pass someone with a Star unless they're like 2 seconds ahead of me...) and don't even get me started on the POW Block and how common it is.

The worse thing that has happened to me ever in MKW as far as item **** goes is this:

On Delfino Square, I was going along the curve near the bridge and suddenly an Blooper appears, I shrug it off as nothing like usual and then because I can't see the screen, a POW Block appears behind the ink, so I don't know when to pop up on the D-Pad. Then I hear two sounds, a Red Shell is approaching me! I have no defense left as the POW Block hits my defense off of me, then the Red Shell, and the inevitable second sound hits me: a blue shell as I careen off the course due to the Red Shell...

By far, that was the gayest item combination that has ever happened to me in all the times I have played MKW ever. You tell me that, that's good item balance, because it really isn't...

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
That's why I play with strategic or no items... unless I'm playing with my little sister. Y'know.

I might be getting a DS. MKW vs. MKDS? About the same or is one better? I've heard both.

Top Bottom