• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Destination is boring?

RetroAntonio

Smash Apprentice
EVERYONE, and I mean EVERYONE seems to pick that dang Final Destination stage. I can understand if you like it, but it gets annoying hearing the "AHHH HE HO MAAAA" brawl remix over and OVER and OVER! And the stage is quite boring, I don't understand why everyone is so obsessed with it.

Jagejamesh

Smash Rookie
EVERYONE, and I mean EVERYONE seems to pick that dang Final Destination stage. I can understand if you like it, but it gets annoying hearing the "AHHH HE HO MAAAA" brawl remix over and OVER and OVER! And the stage is quite boring, I don't understand why everyone is so obsessed with it.
Well, because there's absolutely nothing in the way to hinder battle. There are no saves.

Of course, there are other stages like that, but FD is so flat and uneventful, it seems more fair than it necessarily is.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Audis famam. I don't what it means, it's all Greek to me. :laugh:

As for me, I find FD to be decent to fight on so long as we don't play on it over and over and (rinse, repeat), but since I usually play slow heavies with no projectiles it can be quite a chore to incessantly chase opponents across the stage. One of the reasons why I prefer Battlefield over anything else.

Well, because there's absolutely nothing in the way to hinder battle. There are no saves.

Of course, there are other stages like that, but FD is so flat and uneventful, it seems more fair than it necessarily is.
Actually, I think it's more the pretty effects than the lack of obstacles. Most aren't concerned about petty hazards when they've just picked up this awesome new shiny fighter game. I wasn't.

Volkner582

Smash Journeyman
I actually think it gets old too. Generally it's the only stage picked by the casual bunch.

Out of the neutrals, I prefer Pokemon Stadium 1 the most because of the non-lethal changes to the stage.
I love the variety it gives you. Even the Normal Type (default) version is cool.

Raikou151

Smash Rookie
I seem to always pick Final destination, but to be honestI find Battlefield a lot more fun to play on. Smashvilles also a good stage.

But I have to say, (Sarcasticly) '0MG HYRUL3 T3MPL35 T4 B35T!!! M05T F41R 5T4G3 3V3R!!!'

Captain L

Smash Champion
corneria is perfect, its camp proof.
Really? Really? :dizzy:
I'd sooner camp on Corneria than FD.

Anyways, regardless of how many times I play on FD, it's not like it's going to get boring or whatever. It's just a plain fight arena, with no hazards at all (unless you count the lip, although I've never really had problems with that). I mean, the stage does make a difference so it's more about the person who you're Brawling. If the question was "Do you get bored of fighting the same person over and over again on FD every time" then I'd say yes.

highfive

Smash Lord
Fd isn't boring. I'd say it's pretty much fair. At least on FD you can't play tag with your opponent hopping around the top platforms like on Battlefield

0^2

Smash Cadet
To me, if it is picked too often, it gets annoying.

I don't take certain characters there, either. I don't believe it is as fair as people say. Certain characters, like Snake, have their way with you on that stage.

It does get tedious if it gets picked over and over again for Brawls.
Extremely tedious.

Everyone on With Anyone is just "Omg, I can be ultimate brawler if I beat you on FD becuz it's so epic".
Turns out most of the people that I end up facing on FD With Anyone are noobs who can't take a funny little MK D-air gimping.

Tiender Bocks

Smash Cadet
It's good to expand your gameplay a bit by playing on stages with platforms, like Battlefield and Smashville. If you play on Final Destination all the time, you'll develop techniques that are beneficial on the stage; basically, you'll get used to it too much. Your strategies may not be as useful on smaller stages with one or more platforms like Battlefield.

Popcornio

Smash Apprentice
At first, all of my friends only played on FD so it got boring fast.

I suggest turning on all the neutrals and a few of the less chaotic counter pick stages on the random thing and only playing with Random for friendlies. It forces you to sometimes play on stages that you have a bad time on and allows you to get better on them.

OizenX

Smash Journeyman
Lets fight on the completely flat place with a background that looks like it was taken out of Microsoft Media Player, where absolutely nothing ever happens.

Not only does it sound boring, its very unrealistic.

No items, Just Fox, Final Destination.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
if you think FD is boring, then you'd hate street fighter...

...or almost any other fighter
Street fighter doesn't give you nearly as much mobility as Smash, nor do stages effect the gameplay anywhere near as much. It's not comparable, lol.

FD is technically "boring," but it's picked most often along with Battlefield and Smashville (though probably FD is the most picked when not in tournament). This is probably because it's the first stage that comes to mind when you want to start the match quickly without pressing the random button. You just move your cursor directly up to FD. (It's actually directly up from where the cursor on the stage select screen appears at.)

godofrock72

Smash Cadet
I've looked through several threads here. I didn't really see topics that only focus on this stage. To the point, is everyone getting tired of playing on FD? This is the stage I always pick when playing with friends because(you know why). The fact that nothing really goes on there has me curious if I'm picking it a little too much.
It's boring because you always pick it. I set stage selection to random when I play. A good match at 75M is always good for you. :laugh:

Captain L

Smash Champion
You're right, a match on 75M is good for you......
Unless of course you were planning on having an actual fight.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I don't like FD, it's a too good stage for characters that can camp with projectiles. Plus the stupid thing of stucking under the stage. I fell SV (which is similar) much more fair.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I don't like FD, it's a too good stage for characters that can camp with projectiles. Plus the stupid thing of stucking under the stage. I fell SV (which is similar) much more fair.
What this guy said is correct. FD is far from "fair".

It isn't a bad stage by any means, but who chooses one stage ALL the time when you have 30+ to choose from? ^^;

NNID
LilG912
Omg, yes, the stage is too boring, the only thing I like about it that the stage is fair, but picking it like tons of times making Brawl boring for me. Ppl likes it to camp 24/7. In my opinion, the other stages is fun to play on than FD.

Sakeno

Smash Rookie
FD is one of my most hated stages

mainly because its boring (if pplayed on all the time), and campers are the biggest
pain ever on this stage.

I honestly prefer SV or BF over FD anyday

bradpasta

Smash Rookie
FD is as fun as you make it.

Fair? Boring? Repetitive?
Maybe. But as far as I see it, this stage is what makes players better, and losing players bored.

When it comes to FD, the game becomes: P1 vs P2 vs P3 vs P4. When on almost any other stage, it becomes: P1 vs P2 vs P3 vs P4 vs Stage vs Any other variable.

Me and many others play this game competitively, turning off all items, always selecting this stage. Why? Because it becomes a Player vs Player tactical combo race. Throw in random variables, and the skill factor goes down.

When people keep losing on this stage, they'd of course would desire some gameplay change. I garuntee most people who keep winning could care less about this stage's 'repetitivity'.

Btw, why does everyone hate campers so much? Just kill them. Simple as that. Difficult? Sure, with all the nonsense going on. But it isn't impossible if you're good enough.

MKOwnage

Smash Journeyman
I do not mind FD or BF. As long as its not a stage with obstacles. I feel flat stages make it more of an even match

CR4SH

Smash Lord
FD is a garbage stage that absolutely does not even belong on a stage strike list.

It's unfair and janky. I'd put it in the same category as frigate orpheon. It's just obviously skewed.

solecalibur

Smash Master
It helps a lot with diddy snake IC's falco etc but that is how the character's metagame's where created based off of so they sore on that stage and a lot more people are starting to hate the stage because of it

Find it boring? Nah it is just like any other stage to me

Top Bottom