• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final blow of choice?

Megapants

Smash Apprentice
I've been watching lots of matches lately from many different players (both PT and Toon) and I've noticed that lots of people like to kill with different moves. So I'm wondering, PT boards, what is your favorite method of killing with PT? You can choose one for each Pokemon or you can just choose one overall.

Squirtle: dthrow is probably the best choice, but I really like u-air kills. Getting a good u-air kill after a nice aerial combo is quite satisfying (u-tilt lock, u-air, u-air is always a good one).

Ivysaur: Vine whip, hands down. It's the hardest to do, in my opinion, but definitely the funnest to both set up and to brag about.

Charizard: Most people would probably say Rock Smash, but I find f-air gimps to be quite hilarious.

How 'bout you, my fellow PT's?

abhishekh

Smash Journeyman
Am i the only one to lol'd when it said final blow?

Or am I just that immature :/

Sorry for the spam either way .-.

Charizard fsmash or ivysaur up smash, they're the prettiest ones. fair for charizard, like you said, is also nice.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Squirtle: usmash, dthrow, dsmash, fair.

Ivysaur: uair, bair/nair>fsmash and vinewhip.
Its sweetspot isn't really hard, just takes practice. I've found myself getting them quite reliably. Its like a marth player learning to space tippers. Practice on olimar cpus (cos they're tiny) to get the spacing right is what helped me.
Anyhoo....

Charizard: fair, bair and usmash. They're the most reliable, imo.

Aside from that, catching a recovering falco/fox at the end of their sideB with ivys upsmash is VERY satisfying.

Blitzmidfielder

Smash Journeyman
Squirtle - Bair. God **** that's a fine OS kill.

Ivysaur - For brutality, Dair. For efficiency, Uair. For AWESOME, Vine Whip.

Charizard - Fly is stylish in addition to being mostly low%.

Aveean

Purple Yoshi Double Dunker
My favorite ways to kill?

Squirtle: down throw <3...that, and a hydroplaned usmash just because it's flashy

Ivysaur: Up-B, because usually when I get a KO off that my opponent compliments me, or at least goes "wtf wow"

Charizard: I like f-air gimps and spiking =D

Ultimately, and obviously, you have to vary the ways you kill your opponent so you don't become too predictable, but those are just the ones that feel the most satisfying to me.

Ademo

Smash Apprentice
Squirtle: Dthrow. BAAAM!

Ivy: Usmash/Uair/Dair.

Charizard: Dthrow, srsly it looks way too cool, and fair.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
squirtle: down throw. grabbing with squirtle is really easy, a lot safer than an upsmash, etc.

ivysaur: down-b, upsmash

charizard: upsmash

DemonFart

Smash Lord
squirtle: down throw. grabbing with squirtle is really easy, a lot safer than an upsmash, etc.

ivysaur: down-b, upsmash

charizard: upsmash
wut wut?

Meh, Squirtles dthrow is pretty cool. I just like seeing them get killed by a sexy usmash.

Then most people are in shock and ask how I did the sliding Usmash.

Hydroplaning saves lives. ;D

:094:

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol people around here know all about hydroplaning now

i was ****** with it for about a month though :D

mastertrainer721

Smash Rookie
Squirtle- hydroplaning upsmash/down throw/occasional watergun gimp Ivysaur- uair/vine whip/dash attack/fair/dair. Charizard- dair spike is my personal favorite but I'll take a dthrow or a bair/rocksmash dsmash anytime I can get it

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
charizard's dthrow doesn't kill until like 155% i hope you guys realize that

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
With proper DI, Charizard's downthrow shouldn't even like, kill at all...

Anyway back on topic.

Squirtle: Watergun gimp, Dsmash, Hydroplane Usmash

Ivysaur: Sweetspot Vine Whip, Usmash, Fair

Charizard: OoS Fly, Bair, Usmash

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
squirtle - hydrograb into dthrow/jab on walkoffs (priceless)/drop off stage fair (even more priceless)

ivysaur - bullet seed into fsmash LOL end the BS early so they are mashing stuff trying to get out, sometimes you catch them open.

charizard - dtilt/fair/rock smash

thinking about this made me realize that i need to kill more effectively with iysore and chairzard

Vermy

Smash Champion
With DI up Zards dthrow is obsolete.
With Zards dthrow doing a pansy 6% its obsolete.
With Zards dthrow being inferior to his fthrow for setups its obsolete.
Nowadays I have no reason to use it for ANYTHING.
As epic as it is, dthrow makes me sad.

Hydro-everything makes me very happy in the pants.
Usmashhhhhh <3
dsmashhhhhh <3
Dthrowwwww <3

Lol iysore.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
dthrow when you are near the edge, pretty much. uthrow kills at similar percents too.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Squirtle: Shellshifting into a fsmash is cool when my opponent is throwing out a stupid attack, but dthrow and fair get most of my kills.

Ivysaur: Bair gimps and tether hogs against pretty much anyone beside MK and GW, soooo fun. I mostly get kills with fsmash, but I try to get usmashs and upBs in there too, and fair as a good backup.

Charizard: Usmash and fly are the big two, and fair for gimps.

:059:

Megapants

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad that people took some interest in this thread! I was sure it was gonna flop, haha.

Lots of different answers, which is what I like to see. I dunno what's with the hate on Zard's dthrow, though. At 110%-ish, you can get kills if you grab em at the edge. Which isn't that difficult considering his broken grab range. But opinions are opinions.

Keep it coming guys! I'm picking up some new kill moves. I always like changing up my game. :D

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
unless you are on a walk off or something with 0 horizontal boundary like...corneria, then you aren't killing at 110%. DI up toward the corner.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
Squirtle: My favorite way is Dthrow and Fair gimping lol.

Ivysaur: UP SMASH BABY!

Charizard: Rock ****, D tilt, Fair gimping, and My god how I love to spike people and Flamethrower gimp.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Rewrite:
Charizard can kill with EVERYTHING with the exception of his jab combo. I made a nair kill last night and it made me lol. Charizard learned Flame Wheel! =D

Dthrow will only kill ppl who can't DI, or haven't played vs PT. In a tourney it will not get you kills.

Oh. My best kill to date was an ivy bthrow, sniped while they were recovering, they survived but I switched to zard and landed the spike before they could get back on stage. ^_^ sexy.

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
Squirtle: Hydroplane.

Ivy: Razor Leaf gimp.

Charizard: Flamethrower gimp.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Gimp with an uncharged water gun. Just jump offstage and throw it out!

Make sure you yell "BLAWHGHGAHGAAGHAHGA" when you do it. For maximum effect.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
oh i forgot

water gun is a ****ing kill move
Gimp with an uncharged water gun. Just jump offstage and throw it out!

Make sure you yell "BLAWHGHGAHGAAGHAHGA" when you do it. For maximum effect.
Rofl guys.

I've actually took quite a few stocks off people with watergun.

It's a silly move which is why it's so humiliating getting killed by it.

:094:

ZitchX

Smash Cadet
Squirtle-Dthrow/Fair
Ivysaur-Favorite??? Nair spike (WTF), Most used- Fair
Charizard-Favorite??? Uair, Most used- Dashing Usmash

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
The only kill that I find satisfying with Squirtle is Dair. If its not that move, its just kind of meh. Third jab kills are funny when they happen on those stages they can happen on.

Ivysaur's satisfying kills are Usmash, Uair, and uh... that's it.

Charizard - Pretty much every single move. My favorite is the crunchy Rock Smash. Usmash, Bair, Dtilt, Ftilt, Fair, Dair, all good.

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
Ivy- So hilarious when everyone tries to ledgehog ivy, but you manage to land a stage spike with up-b, or you steal the ledge with razor leaf then insta tether drop to a nair spike. Complete beast, and hilarious if you gimp 'em when they tried to gimp you. Otherwise, I love to kill with F-smash while shouting "OMNOMNOMNOM"

Squirts- So much fun to lead 'em around a bit, and then just hydroplane a grab and throw for the kill. I'd agree though, most hilarious is when you get a watergun kill. And I have killed with side-b, which is about as epic as it gets. (lulz, hit pit out of da air with side-b as he tries to recover, then jump and waterfall to ledge as you lol)

Zard- I gotta say I love to d-throw and say "Charbroiled", even though it almost never kills. You chase after them and get a fair, then edgeguard with flamethrower. I lurve to play with fire. >:]

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
haha man that reminds me

i was once in a doubles tournament match and squirtle was out. i was hit pretty far into the upper right corner, but managed to survive. i was in the microscope bubble and meta knight came after me.

he shuttle loops me for the kill!!

and i withdraw and KILL mk

and squirtle just keeps chuggin along in his shell

i don't know how i did it, it was all off screen, but it was awesome

Vermy

Smash Champion
My recent personal discovery of hydro-fsmash has gotten me kills lately.
I slide left and charge the smash right, then BAM! Hit them from behind!
Major mindgames.
Also hydrograb is too good. Wtf squirtle learned extremespeed?! Using it to move from one place to another works well.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
squirtle - dthrow by far, followed by bair as a distant second

ivysaur - usmash/uair

charizard - usmash for people who don't smash DI out, dtilt for those who do, rocksmash/fair if i can land it

Top Bottom