• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighting Games Thread

dezeray112

Smash Hero
  • Really happy that SNK are finally working on a new Fatal Fury/Garou game. I wonder if they will consider doing a new World Heroes game in the future?
  • Whilst it was just a few second teaser, it looks like there are hints that a new Tekken game is in the works.
  • Kimberly and Juri were revealed as the latest additions for Street Fighter 6 and both of them looked pretty awesome.

D

Deleted member

Evo News:

• Dragon Ball Fighterz getting rollback
  • Team Samurai (Hoahmaru, Nakoruru, Darli Dagger) are the next KOF team
  • Kim and Shingo are in S2
  • Samurai Showdown is getting rollback
  • New Fatal Fury in development
  • Something Tekken is happening
  • Juri and Kimberly where revealed for SF6
  • Bridget has been revealed for GG: Strive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quillion

Smash Hero
I just thought: is it possible that the attention from Terry being in Smash gave SNK the push to finally try Garou 2 again?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I just thought: is it possible that the attention from Terry being in Smash gave SNK the push to finally try Garou 2 again?
SNK's just trying to regain their 90s popularity, and various guest appearances and trying to make more non-KoF fighters again are both part of their plan.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I think it could be quite a mix, they where interesed in revive their franchise and make a Name in the industry again after years of failure or mid critics.

dezeray112

Smash Hero

This is one that I have a feeling could happen for Capcom's fighting game department, if Street Fighter 6 does well within its reception and sales and perhaps they could follow the route set by SNK's approach that led to them to do Samurai Shodown and a new Garou/Fatal Fury game and perhaps bring back the likes of Darkstalkers, Rival Schools etc. back in to the light.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I think a Tekken 8 is more likely than a Tag 3 (although I won't rule that out entirely) since a new series is inevitable.

Anyways, I am actually interested to see how the roster will be handled for Tekken 8.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I've already given my review of Tekken: Bloodline and as someone who played the franchise since the third game which is exactly where the series took place, I'm actually more on the mixed side as whilst I do feel that the fight scenes were good, I can't exactly say the same in regards to the story that felt rushed and the characters did not have enough opportunity to shine within the six episode format.

In addition, I would had like to have them exploit Jin's character further for example how did Jin and Hwoarang's rivalry came to be, his life as a student of Mishima High School and how he and Xiaoyu met.

If there were any other animated series based upon fighting games that I still enjoy to this day, I will say the Virtua Fighter animated series, Street Fighter II V and the Darkstalkers 4-episode OVA are my favourites.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Random thought; if KoF XV was able to have 48 characters at launch (the same as Kof XIV's starting roster), which teams would you want on the starting roster? For me:
  • US Sports Team
    • Heavy-D!
    • Lucky Glauber
    • Brian Battler
  • Team Justice
    • Kim Kaphwan
    • Najd
    • Hon-Fu
  • Team New Idols
    • Sie Kensou
    • Sylvie Paula Paula
    • Duck King
Special Intros
  • US Sports Team vs. the jerks who stole their invitations (namely, Iori and the Orochi team)
  • Kim vs. Najd
  • Kim vs. Luong
  • Hon-Fu vs. Yamazaki
  • Kensou vs. Athena
  • Duck King vs. Terry
  • Sylvie vs. Kukri
  • Sylvie vs. Athena

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
My main Concept is have more non-Orochi Saga characters, but I did an exception in one team:

Team Outlaw
  • Oswald
  • Shen Woo
  • Duo Lon
Team Triple Asian Alliance
  • Kim Kaphwan
  • Sie Kensou
  • Shingo Yabuki
Team Assassins:
  1. Lin
  2. Mian
  3. Malin

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Same here. Both SNK and Capcom have a huge library of characters they can use for their next game if it ever does come in to fruition down the line.

But I think for now for Capcom, if Street Fighter 6 does well in terms of its reception and sales, I do hope they will consider looking in to reviving their dormant fighting games from Darkstalkers, Rival Schools, Star Gladiator etc in the future.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
It was very obvious for me that the 3D art Style would be the chosen one, I honestly think they would reutilize more fatal Fury characters from KOF XV to make the development easier tho.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm still praying we get a new Darkstalkers eventually.

Reboot, remake or sequel. There's just so much potential on the concept of it alone. Not just feature mythological creature-based characters but cryptid-based as well like with sasquatch.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
On Darkstalkers - I too hope that the game will finally get its long awaited sequel eventually. I am aware that Yoshinori Ono (formerly of Capcom) had made a number of attempts to revive the franchise with limited success. If there is anyone who can potentially revive the Darkstalkers franchise, I put my hopes on Takayuki Nakayama and Shuhei Matsumoto.

Also it has been a long while since we last heard of Killer Instinct, does anyone think Microsoft have any plans to work on a new game in the future?

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion

So here is the nominations for the best fighting game category for next month's Video Games Awards.

I'm quite baffled to how Sifu made it in to this category when it isn't really a fighting game.
I also find strange Sifu's place in the category, even if I reallly don't bother too much about the Game Awards. I would replace it with Phantom Breaker Omnia to be honest.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I'd pretty much predict that Multiversus will take the best fighting game category, even though I personally wanted KoF XV to win. Although I would had replaced Sifu with something like the Capcom Fighting Collection.

Anyways, I'm aware that the VGAs usually do several new reveals. Here is what I predict:

Street Fighter 6: Whilst we have seen the starting roster for Street Fighter 6, I would think it is more likely that we could see official reveals for some of their remaining characters and potentially get a release date for the game.

Tekken 8: It has been several months since Tekken 8 was first revealed during September's State of Play, so could there be another trailer be revealed at the event?

King of Fighters XV: I think there is a slight possibility that there could be some news on possible future DLC content.

New Mortal Kombat game? I think the VGAs might be the right time to reveal a new entry.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I think all of that its posible with the exception of the KOF XV DLC, I think they would wait until the next year for that. Garou 2 in the other way it could happen but un general I think that in order of probablity
  1. Tekken 8
  2. Street Fighter 6
  3. Netherrealm Studios Project
  4. Arc System Works Project
  5. SNK Project

D

Deleted member

Something SF6 is definitely happening. It's been at pretty much every major event this year. Tekken 8 is possible, Geoff did tease something Tekken iirc. MK / NRS could happen but I have a feeling that'll be sometime next year

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I think a Tekken 8 is more likely than a Tag 3 (although I won't rule that out entirely) since a new series is inevitable.

Anyways, I am actually interested to see how the roster will be handled for Tekken 8.
Yeah especially cause
Heihachi died! While true the same thing Happend to Kazuya in tekken 2 he was replaced by jin in tekken 3!
I think they will do a Mecha Heihachi!
The Only Fighting Game i actually Play Is Dragonball Fighterz i am decent at it but still squarely a Casual! And with decent i mean i can perform all moves and win against like 50 Leveled CPU and other friends!
My Mains there are GT Goku, Yamcha and Tenshin-Han (Tien)!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I didn't even notice Dead or Alive was currently inactive. Lol.

Wake me up when somebody says something about Darkstalkers.

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Liking SNK's road map. I really hope they can potentially revive the World Heroes franchise within the future.

I could also see Capcom's fighting game department use this similar route if Street Fighter 6 hits the right notes in terms of sales and reception.

Oracle Link

Smash Master

Liking SNK's road map. I really hope they can potentially revive the World Heroes franchise within the future.

I could also see Capcom's fighting game department use this similar route if Street Fighter 6 hits the right notes in terms of sales and reception.
A new Fatal Fury Game? Wasnt the Franchise only really in KOF for a long time!
I wonder with Smash Using tons of Fatal Fury Pre Timeskip Stuff how they handle a garou mark of the wolf 2?
Maybe make classic Terry an Alt?

Top Bottom