Jab: Monika swipes twice with a pen in her hand before swiping one more time with an added flourish as though she were penning her signature.
Side-tilt: Monika performs a pirouette in place, kicking anyone in front of her.
Up-tilt: Monika does a hand-stand, whipping her feet upwards as she does so.
Down-tilt: Monika drops a book in front of her, causing it to tumble for a bit before disappearing.
Dash attack: Monika takes out a file folder and shield-bashes with it.
Grab: Monika snaps her fingers and creates a miniature version of the Pause Menu, freezing an opponent in place. For her pummel, she pokes at the button icons on the Pause Menu, dealing small damage to the opponent.
F-throw: Monika creates the blue spike thingy that makes shows you the angle of your attack’s knockback, then unpauses the opponent by smacking the “Resume” button. How far they fly is dependent on how high their damage is.
D-throw: Monika summons a pile of dirt at their feet that buries them on contact before unpausing the opponent.
B-throw: Monika grabs their torso, and creates another one of those blue knockback angle thingies to send them flying before she unpauses the opponent.
U-throw: After careful browsing through the source code, Monika takes out the tornado from Hyrule Castle 64 and places it at their location before she unpauses the opponent.
Side Smash: Monika takes out a large list of in-game entities and swipes through it. Upon release, Monika causes a Danger Zone ball from the Great Cave Offensive to smash into opponents. After noticing the game glitching out from this, Monika then deletes it as though it wasn’t too big an issue. Unlike with the normal Danger Zones, this does not Instantly KO.
Up Smash: Alternating between sifting through a list of in-game content and looking upwards at the sky, Monika charges up this attack. Upon release, Monika will spawn a Flying Man from Magicant, who flies upwards in a dive-bomb.
Down Smash: Monika calmly sits down as she types away at a keyboard. Upon release, she spawns the Dark Train from Spirit Tracks at her location, which explodes.
N-air: Monika performs a graceful pirouette in the air, hitting on both sides of her.
F-air: Monika summons the Spinner from Balloon Fight and causes it to spin in place, knocking away anything it hits before she causes it to vanish.
B-air: Monika brings out the Charmander sprite from Saffron City and shoots its flamethrower behind her.
D-air: Channeling her Inner Steve, Monika summons a Barrel from Wrecking Crew which plummets along with her. Unlike in that stage, Monika’s D-air doesn’t trap opponents but instead functions similarly to Steve’s Anvil.
U-air: Monika thrusts a Joulion from Pyrosphere into the air and causes it to create a burst of electricity. Monika doesn’t care if Pyrosphere got cut in Ultimate, she’ll use whatever she wants, dammit!
Neutral B: Game Code Tweak: Monika will take out a book and start writing a poem in it for as long as the opponent holds the button. As she's charging, you may tilt the joystick in any direction to pick one of many profound effects on not just fighters, not just the stage, but the entire game itself
- Stage 1: The Fighters:
- Lighten: Makes opponents lighter.
- Weaken: Reduces opponents’ attack power to 0.5x.
- Enlarge: Temporarily doubles the opponent’s size without the benefits of the Super Mushroom.
- Shrink: Temporarily shrinks the opponent’s size.
- Slow: Slows down time for the opponent.
- Blossom: Plants a flower on the top of the opponent's head.
- Stage 2: The Stage:
- Misplace: Relocate a stage’s platform to your location.
- Terraform: Manipulate the space of the ground in front of you to create a hill. This varies depending on the size of the platform you’re on.
- Crater: Do the inverse of Terraform and create a crater in the ground you’re standing on dependent on the size of the platform.
- Split: Use the Zantetsuken attack plucked from Midgar’s code and use it to split the stage in half.
- Float: Temporarily stops all gravity on the stage.
- Encase: Summons a glitched-out version of a wall from King of Fighters Stadium. This wall will is about the same size as Monika herself and amplified the knockback of opponents knocked into it by 1.5x. Unlike in KoF Stadium, the Encase walls only break after an opponent is knocked into it 3 times.
- Stage 3: The GAME:
- Pause: Summon a miniature pause menu to stop all opponents in the area. Strike opponents to unpause them.
- Death: Create a single Blast Zone, represented by an ominous, glowing-red line in front of you, that kills the first person to touch it. It also has a very short lifespan.
- Moment: Subtract 30 seconds of fight-time from the opponent. If the opponent’s fight-time runs out, they will automatically be ejected from the game. This cannot occur once you’re down to a minute. This is only available if Time is being used.
- Drain: Slower, yet more powerful, Monika will steal the opponent’s stock without killing them. This is only available if Stocks are being used.
- Transplant: Monika divides her own damage value in half, and plants the other to the next opponent she touches.
- Save: Monika will create a small Save Point that lasts for 18 seconds. If Monika receives a fatal blow within that time period, Monika will spend that save point to go back to where she was, effectively resetting the time.
Side B: Glitch Out: Monika herself begins to glitch out and fly forwards. If an opponent is caught in the crossfire, Monika will cause that opponent to also momentarily glitch out, messing up that opponent’s next 3 inputs. This is heavily telegraphed and the effects don’t stack.
Up B: Add Platform: Monika will summon a platform from Battlefield and places it underneath her. Up to three platforms can be out at a time. After 10 seconds before the platform glitches out and vanishes. Much like Steve, there’s a limit to where she can place those platforms. Sometimes some things are out of her control...
Down B: Literature Club Girls: Monika will summon one of the three Literature Club girls to assist her in some manner.
- Sayori will cheer for Monika in the background, giving her a random boost to her stats, whether it’s a boost in attack, a boost in speed, or a boost in defense.
- Yuri will charge forward, knife outstretched and eyes closed before tripping on herself and disappearing. If she hits with the knife, she will gain a temporarily horrified expression before disappearing. This has immense kill potential, but due to Yuri’s nature, this is heavily telegraphed.
- Natsuki will toss a cupcake at Monika’s location, similarly to Isabelle’s Assist Trophy function from Smash 4. The cupcake will heal Monika for 10% damage, but like Hero, she must score a KO in order to use it again.
Final Smash: “Let’s Talk…”: A one-person Final Smash like Incineroar, Monika spawns a hole in the game itself and catches one opponent inside. The caught opponent is then put in a face-to-face spot with Monika, where a text box will start pouring text unique to each fighter. The words phase themselves into the opponent, racking up psychological damage until Monika stops the text. With one final look of impish sympathy, Monika then abruptly changes into her face into her “Jumpscare Glitch”, which then abruptly cuts back to the fight where the opponent is launched.