• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fight for your Friends! – A Montreal Tournament, August 23rd, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

System Failure 333

Smash Apprentice
As some of you may have seen, a couple of ppl (Joel and Thad) are offering housing for this event so far; so until official info thread is posted, those of you outside of Montreal can now definitely consider coming without having to wait for that thread... A maximum of approximately 8-9 places are available for housing however for both Thad and Joel's places; for the ppl using public trans. I'd recommend housing at Joel's, seeing as he lives a couple of minutes away from the currently planned venue

WarranThad

Smash Ace
I don't live in St annes but i do live on the west end of the island. you could take public transit to my place easily (two busses, one transfers directly to the other though). If you have a car it's only a 15-20 minute drive away or so. If any group is interested contact me asap. i'd gladly host whomever as long as i have some idea that you're not crazy.

swordgard

Smash Hero
hey bug i got a friend who i could convinc4e to play you for a fifty bucks match probably, cant garantee anything though, depends if hes willing to make the whole way to the college

swordgard

Smash Hero
im teaming with him >.>
So im obviously gonna take wario, and then switch to comp, since noone would expect us to do so.
Pure mindgames

Bug~

Smash Ace
hey bug i got a friend who i could convinc4e to play you for a fifty bucks match probably, cant garantee anything though, depends if hes willing to make the whole way to the college
If he is willing to play money match in mario strikers charged...tell him ill go as high as he wants in money.

System Failure 333

Smash Apprentice
If he is willing to play money match in mario strikers charged...tell him ill go as high as he wants in money. 500 bucks?
:dizzy: you know something's up when your opponent is willing to go that high; are you trying to scare your challenge away Bug? If you know your poker, usually you raise 5 times the initial bet to make everyone fold.... you just raised it by a factor of 10!!

Bug~

Smash Ace
honestly, ive never had a MSC money match before and I want this to be memorable whether i win or lose. Its interesting cause i dont know his play style and he doesnt know mine.

and like i stated, im willing to go with whatever HE wants. so if he wants 50 bucks then 50 bucks it is if he wants 10, then 10 it is, if he want 200 then 200 it is.

It would be fun to have my first MSC money match. :)

also, ask your friend wat rules he wants...

the only one i ask for is that the map is classroom and its basic and the fairest one. no gimmicks.

System Failure 333

Smash Apprentice
All right well try to have this discussion somewhere relevant lol... This is crazy talk, a first money match worth 200$; I've heard enough!! lol

Bug~

Smash Ace
well this aint brawl. you dont see mario strikers charged money matches at all. Its a very rare occurance actually and i want to make the most of the one i can actually have to see where i measure up in the game.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
if matt comes to this we'll do team money matches ;).... In brawl, melee, nba jam(TE pref.), powerstone and mario tennis gc.

<_<

swordgard

Smash Hero
bring powerstone i wanna play, unfortunatly i cant contact him as i am stuck in europe for now, im on a trip, but i dont know if hes willing to bet but i know hed take on any challenge, hes as though as it get.

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
*Opens partner radar* Yeah, anyone willing to team with me? I'm most probably gonna take Fox and Marth in teams so if you use a good matchup for those, tell me !

kr3wman

Smash Master
I'm looking for a partner too...

No one will team up with me because I'm so baaaad, lol

System Failure 333

Smash Apprentice
Can we sign up for teams and singles?
Of course... I actually recommend you do so, so that we'll have the list of teams ahead of time; I already put you down for singles... For doubles, you need to give me your partner and your team's name and you'll be on both lists!

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm down :) can't wait too see you gais again (Kage, Jarc, Chet, Nox, Thatguy :) )
I'M LOVED!
lol @ Reggie's post count

I don't see what you did there. >_> Are you congratulating me for hitting 3k? well.. thanks! or something. <_<
NO MERCYYYYYy
**** YEAH *****ES!
I'm looking for a partner too...

No one will team up with me because I'm so baaaad, lol
I like your marketing ploy. I'm making you v.p. marketing of my hemorrhoid medicine company.

System Failure 333

Smash Apprentice
Yea... We're just waiting for confirmation from the venue; there has been a slight change of plan which is why this is taking a little longer

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
Hi guys.

I'm pretty new to smashboards, and I wanted to quickly introduce myself and I figured this would be a decent place to do it. I go to McGill, I'm going to be a sophomore this year. Currently I'm in New Jersey with my family for the summer. I played Melee casually and was introduced to these forums shortly before the release of Brawl. I've been playing Brawl seriously with a few good people and I think I'm getting better.

At the moment, the plan is that I will be leaving for Montreal on the 24th. After seeing this thread, however, I'm gonna do everything I can to leave on the 22nd and attend the tournament.

Looking forward to meeting/playing you guys.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
^ Don't give up if you get owned. Everyone gets owned sometime playing smash, unless you are m2k or ken. lol.

kr3wman

Smash Master
The only one who doesn't get owned is Isai.

Oh and, looking for a doubles partner...If you want a sucky MK on your team, with 0.1% chance to win, I'm the right guy for you.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
^ Don't give up if you get owned. Everyone gets owned sometime playing smash, unless you are m2k or ken. lol.
I've played a couple friendlies vs m2k at a local NJ tournament. I know what getting owned is like =P. Atm i'm there to improve/have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom