• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fight for your Friends! – A Montreal Tournament, August 23rd, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatGuy

Smash Master

From the people who brought you Abbott tournaments in which you could not participate in and the guy who's been hopelessly wanting to organize a tournament comes an Abbott tournament in which anyone can participate! This is going to be the first large organized Brawl tournament in Montreal so we expect to see you here!

A couple things you can expect to see about this tournament:

• Great Venue

The event is being planned to be held at John Abbott College, a wonderful campus located in St.-Anne-de-Bellevue, on the West Island district of Montreal. The tournament will be held in a large meeting hall called The Agora. Here is a modest example of what it can handle:

We will also have access to chairs, tables, and many televisions with VCR’s! All we will need is for people to bring their Wii’s and we will have ample time and setups to get this show on the road!

• Sponsorship

Montreal’s very own Gamers’ World has agreed to act as a sponsor for this tournament. Details of the agreement have not been finalized as of yet.

We are in the process of connecting all the pieces together, so stay tuned; we will have everything finished relatively soon. This tournament will happen on August 23rd.

Get hype!

EDIT: To clarify, this is a BRAWL event. There will be a couple Melee setups on the side but the tournament is strictly Brawl.

cemo

white walker
i'll see about this. depends how much money i have left when i get back from vaycaytion

swordgard

Smash Hero
Cant confirm anything yet but i need directions as of bus/metro from metro berri-uqam if possible, approx time, or else if anyone can give me a lift. As of you kami, i dont know yet, kirt wants to be my teammate too.

Edit: Zaf, dont forget to bring in 20 bucks if you want that twice or nothing MM.

System Failure 333

Smash Apprentice
I doubt he would, that guy is so clueless... No pun intended. ;)
I'll let you know that Filauc was right in thinking that I was a part of this, because yes, Joel and I both collaborated for this tournament (hence, "the guy who's been hopelessly wanting to organize a tournament"; that's me) ... This being my first tournament, I naturally needed the help of someone as involved as Joel so he's doing most of the work as I am learning by his side

And for the people who are in need of more information/specs (ie: directions, time, rules, etc.), this is not the official thread for the tournament, but an advertisement for it to get as much hype as possible going. The official thread will soon be posted, so stay tuned!! We are however already making the list of all those who already announce their presence, so make yourself heard!! Obviously, you can expect standard entry fees and the set of Brawl's current standard professional rules for this event.

"C"let

Smash Journeyman
I hope the guy from Otakuthon will be there.
I'm willing to go look for him everywhere even in the streets just to make him come to the tournament, I just want him to see how many characters can chain grab and that d3 can't wavedash lol

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
Cant confirm anything yet but i need directions as of bus/metro from metro berri-uqam if possible, approx time, or else if anyone can give me a lift. As of you kami, i dont know yet, kirt wants to be my teammate too.

Edit: Zaf, dont forget to bring in 20 bucks if you want that twice or nothing MM.
Well i thought it was already confirmed that we were going to team together but whatever, go ahead. I'll find someone else then.

swordgard

Smash Hero
kirt read my comment in mtl thread, i just wondered if you could come, if you can and i can too we gonna team up

System Failure 333

Smash Apprentice
Yea make sure you specify if you're only willing to participate in either singles or doubles; otherwise we'll assume you're only signing up for singles. If you're signing up for doubles, make sure it's clear who your partner is... Although this isn't the official thread for the tournament, we would still like to have an idea

WarranThad

Smash Ace
i'm in for both singles and doubles
my partner idk, kage? matt? joel? chet? resurrected jarc?

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm teaming with test, at least I hope. no way I'm going through another failure like tos5's team tournament where elef kindly choked at the last second without telling me, ensuring me not getting a team partner.

Bug~

Smash Ace
well, the best online snake user..better than DSF, is going to this who lives in quebec i believe. name is Ally.

I might come down from the GTA if i get enuff money..can anyone house?

Percon

Smash Lord
Man, I want to make it out to this SO bad.

I never really got a chance to really talk with too many of you last time so I hope I can make up for it a bit this time. 'n stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom